53

It All Begins With A Choice

 

Narrator

 

Minyoung and Junhee arrived home together.

“Unnie, would you like to have some Chinese food for dinner?” Minyoung asked.

“I think that’s great, wait, you can cook?”

Minyoung smiled.

“Of course, what do you take me for?”

 

Minyoung changed into a pair of hot shorts, a thin loose top and leather platforms. She went down and found Luhan talking on the phone.

“Yes, it will be scheduled next Thursday~ ya, wait!” He waved his hand at her.

“Can I call you back?....Okay, thank you.” Luhan placed his phone down. Minyoung blinked at him.

“Shenme?”

“Where are you going?...Dressed like that?”

“The local mart? I need to buy some ingredients, I’ll head to the supermarket~”

“What if something happens?” Luhan crossed his arms.

“Like what? Me losing my credit card?”

“Mei~”

“Ge, I told unnie I would cook tonight.”

“Kris placed you under my care. Wait, I’ll come with you.” Luhan said as he went up to his room. Minyoung plopped on the chair and waited for him.

 

 

Junhee’s POV

 

I saw Minyoung and Luhan walk out of the house, they both got in Luhan’s silver Ferrari.

I heard someone knock.

“Get in.” I called. Lay grinned at me from the doorway.

He has to stop doing that.

“Are you busy?” He asked.

“No, wae?”

“Come with me, I want to show you something.”

 

We ended up in front of a medium sized white door.

“I thought…you would…want to see.”

 

Narrator

 

Junhee looked at Lay, he nodded at her. Then she opened the door.

Lay pushed her gently and they went in.

“This….”

Junhee looked around, the room was painted in a light lavender shade, there was a white vanity table near a wide window, the bed was covered in white sheets and there was a portrait hung on one of the walls.

“This…auntie Qing Mong’s room.” Lay said softly.

Junhee’s eyes widened, then she stepped towards the portrait. It was a family picture of the Jiangs, her mother was still eighteen while Ming fan was seventeen.

Tears started to line her eyes. It was her first time to see how her mother looked like when she was young. Junhee could not remember how her mom looked like, except for the old photo inside the locket her father gave her.

“She’s beautiful.” Junhee whispered.

“No one seemed to…mentioned about this room, that’s why I brought you here.” Lay said. Junhee smiled at him.

“But, you take after your mom. A lot.” He smiled as he took out his handkerchief and gently wiped her tears.

Junhee felt her cheeks heaten.

“And, there’s one more thing I want to show you.” Lay said then he reached over the vanity table and produced a small jewelry box.

“I don’t think you’ve noticed but, mei mei’s always wearing a necklace with the family emblem.” He said as he took out a similar chain and pendant.

“I asked agung about this, he said it’s time you have this.” He laid the necklace on her palm.

“Ayi wore this on the photo.”

Junhee looked at the portrait, there it was. The exact piece of jewelry on her neck.

“Thanks Lay, so much. You don’t know how much I’ve always wanted to know about her.”

Lay smiled.

“Anything to make you happy.”

 

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++