'Why does it hurt so much?'

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Okay, I should be updating my other stories and stuff, but ever since I started this story, it had been bothering me xD I dunno why, maybe cause I'm having some hard times and this is angsty (though right now I have no idea how this became this angsty o.o I mean I did plan this to be very sad and stuff at first, but then I was like, let's make it fluffy. And after 4 chapters of angst, I'm asking myself what on Earth I'm doing xD) The good news is that I drank a biiig mug of coffe, so I gonna try to stay up late and update my stories.. But first I want to write this xDD

I really hope that you'll enjoy this chapter though^^


I told Taemin that I had to go home. The poor thing looked at me with huge, pleading eyes. I felt a pang in my chest. My poor baby. But I knew that I couldn't stay with him. I was very close to telling him to truth, and I didn't want to hurt him. 

'Don't~! Minho-hyung has some extra-classes today and I want to wait for him, but Jonghyun-hyung had already gone home... I don't want to be alone.'he sniffed, his lower lip trembling as his eyes begged me to stay with him until that damn frog finished with his stupid extra-classes. I sighed and looked at Taemin sadly.

'I can't stay, I'm sorry.'I told him. It was really hard to say it, but I knew that I had to stay away from him. It was for the best.

'If you say so,'he whispered sadly. 'it's hard for me too, Minnie...'I thought.

'Maybe, I can stay next time.'I told him with a fake smile. His face lit up and he grinned at me. He was so easy to please. 

'Yay, thank you so much hyung!' he squealed, hugging me tightly. I winced, he was a lot stronger than before, and sadly, I was weaker now. I really hated this. 

After saying goodbye to Taemin, I walked home. By the time I reached my house, I wasn't hungry at all. I sighed as I threw my backpack on the couch and went to the kitchen to make some food. Even if I wasn't hungry, I had to eat. I made some pasta, not really in the mood to cook something fancy and ate some of it after it was finally done. So yes, my afternoon was the same as always. 

But something happened. Well, rather it didn't happen. Taemin didn't text me. I only got one or two texts from Jonghyun, but that was all. I guess Taemin did know that it was me. I knew that they were sort of aware of the fact that I was just pushing them away. It was kind of obvious. But now I knew that Taemin was mad at me.

I sat on the couch and stared at my phone. My finger was hovering over the call button. I wanted to call Taemin and tell him how sorry I was. I wanted to tell him that I still care for him. He was my baby boy. And still, I couldn't call him. 

I wondered if I had ever left them if I weren't sick. I was sure that I would have never left them. Honestly, I even considered Minho as a friend. I mean, yes, we always fought and he thought that I loved Taemin that way, but we were pretty close. We had a very strange friendship. But I guess I needed a friend like him too. 

I winced as I felt a stinging pain in my head. It hurt a lot, but I was already used to it. Luckily for me, it was Friday, so I didn't have to write my homework yet. I decided to go to my room and lie down for an hour or so. 

I dragged myself to my bedroom, and dropped onto my bed. I hugged my stuffed kitten close and smiled softly. I was doing well. I hadn't broken down yet, and it made me happy. I knew that I was doing the best for my friends (and boyfriend) and I felt a bit stronger.

I slowly fell asleep, still smiling softly.

I woke up to a familiar sound. I wasn't sure where I've heard it before, but I knew that it used to mean something to me. I felt around my bed for my phone, and I found it luckily. I always kept it next to me, in case of an emergency.

'Yeah?'I asked sleepily.

'Oh, you finally decided to pick up the phone? How generous of you...'I heard Minho's voice coming from my phone. Wait what? Why did he call me? And why did I pick it up?' Taemin is completely devastated because of what you had done to him today.'he growled.

'I don't know what you're talking about.'I lied as I sat up slowly. I was really good at lying now, and for once, I was grateful for that.

'Yeah right,' he scoffed. 'look, I don't care about you, I think you know that..'he started.'but I do love Taemin. I understand that you want us to leave you alone, because you don't think we're worth your time...'

'Yeah, right, I do that just because I don't think you're worth it.'I laughed bitterly. 'Look, I think Taemin had already told you before. I am dying. Don't you understand? I don't care if you know it, because honestly, I know that you won't cry after I die, but my baby and my boyfriend would. And if they think that I hate them, then they will forget me.'I said.

'Are you ing kidding me?' Minho asked, his voice full of disbelief.' Wait... are you really...?' he asked, when what I had told him had finally sank in... I guess. I couldn't actually know what was going on in his mind, could I?

'Yes Minho, I am dying. At first I was just getting worse and worse, but now there's practically no hope for me...'I whispered. Maybe he was the right person to tell this, because I knew that he wouldn't tell them.

'And do you really think that it's going to help them? You are here, but you push them.. well, us away. Why can't you simple just tell them. Maybe there will be a cure for your  condition.'he said. 

'Yes, maybe.. but.. What if there won't be? What if I tell Jonghyun and Minnie about who I really am, and what happened, and I die on the next day? I don't want them to be sad because of me. This way, they will forget me.'I said.

'You are crazy..-'Minho sighed.'Look, I am not going to tell them, but if anything happens to you, I will.'he said.

'Alright. But please, don't let Minnie cry because of me. Take him out, have fun with him...'I mumbled, sniffing. 

'Don't worry, I will protect him.'Minho said.

We hang up soon. 'Maybe I should tell them..'I thought. 'But, no it  would hurt too much to see them cry...' I added in my thoughts as I stared at the ceiling. I just wanted the best for them, but why did it hurt so much?