Cheerful

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys ^^ Yup, I'm updating xD I'm not sure if it's that great for you, but whatever xD Please excuse my mistakes during this chap, I'm really tired and managed to do something with my hand so my wrist hurts a lot at random occasions. But whatever xD

On a sidenote, could you check out my new shortfic, Let me go... ? I'd be really thankful if you did ^^


I fell asleep in Jonghyun arms throughout the movie. I only knew this fact because when I woke up, I had no idea about how it ended. Or maybe I had just been distracted my boyfriend. I wasn't sure. Slowly, I slid out of the still sleeping boy's arms and kissed his cheek before leaving his room.

I was really happy as I walked downstairs, only to be greeted Jonghyun's mom who was grinning at me happily. I smiled back at her widely, greeting her back with a cheerful 'Good Morning!' I was feeling refreshed and happy... Because I was home.

'Kibummie, could you help me?' the woman asked me as she was chopping up some random vegetables. Looking at the clock I realized that it was past eleven, so she was probably making some lunch. I nodded and walked into the kitchen.

'Sure...'I replied and leant against the counter, smiling softly. She told me what to do and I did as I was told, chatting to her softly as we were doing our tasks. The food we were making wasn't too complicated, so we didn't mess up even though we were barely paying attention to what we were doing. 

She asked me how my parents treated me when I was back in the city, and I told her that nothing really changed. I even told her that I might have considered staying there for a few more days if they showed any affection towards me, besides my mother's fake sad voice when we were talking about my illness. But honestly, there was no point in staying if they only cared about money.

As much as I wanted to love my parents, it was getting harder and harder to do so. It made me really upset (I've even told Jonghyun's mom about this) of course, but I knew that I couldn't really do anything against it. The moment they've heard that I wasn't going to spend their money, they gave up on making me stay. It was pretty pathetic, if you ask me.

I was washing the knives silently as I was thinking about my parents. Tears filled my eyes and I couldn't hold them back. Slowly, each clear tear slid down my face. I sniffed, wiping some of them away with my still soapy hands. Of course, that move made me wince in pain as my eyes started stinging. I whimpered and tried to wipe my eyes with a towel, not wanting to worry my boyfriend's mom who was stirring a pot of soup, humming to herself,

However, when I whined again and mumbled a small '!' she seemed to notice that something was wrong. She turned to look at me, and when she noticed the tears pouring out of my eyes and the towel in my hands, she immediately stepped to me, grabbing the towel, wetting it and gently wiping my eyes. I felt like such a crybaby for acting like this, but I had always been well like this.

After the stinging in my eyes finally stopped, I looked at the woman, my eyes still teary. She sighed and wrapped her arms around me. 'It's okay, you're home, Kibummie...'she whispered as I felt her rub soothing circles into my back. I hugged her back, inhaling her motherly scent.

'I know...'I whispered and smiled, my tears stopping. 'Thanks...'I added. She opened to say something, but I was pulled our of her arms into a pair of familiar, muscular arms. Jonghyun turned me so I was facing his chest and pulled me close, his grip almost painfully tight on my waist. I hugged him back tightly, burying my nose into his chest. He chuckled softly and I felt him kiss the top of my head. I let out a soft sigh, feeling extremely safe and content in his arms.

'Morning love...'he said. 'And morning, umma...'he added. I just nodded into his head, giggling softly when his mom pretended to be angry at him for her being the second one greeted. 'I'm hungry.'he stated as he led me to the table. We sat down next to each other. He took my hand gently and kissed it lightly, laughing when I blushed and looked away in embarrassment.

'Lunch is almost ready boys.' His mom said.' Jonghyun, thank your boyfriend because he helped a lot.'she added, putting plates in front of us. Jonghyun just squeezed my hand.

To be honest, I was really happy that the food was almost ready because I was getting really hungry. I had eaten a yogurt before, but it didn't fill me up too much. Plus, Jonghyun seemed hungry too as he stared at his mom who was finishing everything.

Minutes later, all three of us were sitting around the table, enjoying our meal. It was quite tasty, which made me proud. I was beaming at my food, which might have looked weird, but I didn't care. I was feeling happy and energetic that day (expect for my little break-down, but it was bound to happen, and it's still better sooner than later), so I just couldn't help grinning.

Jonghyun would occasionally look at me and chuckle softly, ruffling my hair or caressing my cheek gently. His mom didn't seem to bothered by it, she was just looking us with a trademark 'oh, young love...' look.

Soon, we all finished our lunch. Without a word, Jonghyun pulled me into his room. He was grinning at me widely, but I had no idea why.

'What is it?' I asked him softly as I sat on the bed and cuddled into his side once he was sitting as well.

'Nothing, I just... feel incredibly lucky to have you... I love you...'he whispered and leant in to kiss me. The kiss was slow and sweet, no rush in it, just love. His arms were around my waist and my hands were in his hair, pulling on it lightly when he slid his tongue over my lower lip, asking for entrance.

I parted my lips slightly and let his tongue explore my mouth, not bothering to fight him for dominance. I knew that he would have won, so I didn't even try. A few minutes later, I was starting to feel light-headed so I pulled away. He leant his forehead against mine as I was gasping for air. He seemed a bit out of breath as well, but not as much as I was.

He smirked and kissed my nose gently. 'You're so beautiful..'he whispered, kissing my cheek then my jaw, slowly heading towards my neck. Moments later, he was kissing the sensitive skin in the crook of my neck, on it gently. The hickey from before had barely disappeared (if it even did, I wasn't really sure about it to be honest), yet he was making another one. But I didn't really complain...

Not until I felt a sudden wave of extreme pain wash over my whole body.