Going back

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys~ Umm.. as you can see from the poster, the whole fanfic won't be as angsty as the title though.. Nah, you'll see what I'll make out of it xD


Going back wasn't my parents' decision. Actually, they wanted me to stay with them in that small house in the city. Because I would have more chance to survive like that. It wasn't because I was feeling slightly better since my head still hurt a lot. It wasn't because I had some hope of surviving this. No. It was because I knew that I would die soon, and I wanted a happy death, surrounded by my friends.

Of course, they wouldn't know it's me. I have changed. I am not the cute, scared-looking boy who I used to be. I have confidence, I know that I am beautiful. People call me a 'diva'. I don't care what they call me, I don't care if they think I'm hot or not. What matters is that I like being like this. I don't care about what other people think of me. At school, most people loved me because of my fashion sense and cute-ness, but that was all. No one really liked the true me, and I hated it.

And finally, I was home again. I took a deep breath as I entered the small house we had to leave because of me. My parents told me that they would move back in a few months, but since dad had to be transferred from his work and everything, maybe they would stay there for an even longer time.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave them behind. If I was truly going to die soon, I wanted to spend as many time with them as I could. But I missed my friends too. I missed my boyfriend... I missed my 'son'. I missed that idiot who had a huge (and obvious) crush on Minnie. I've spent the past two years with my parents, and once day, I just woke up, thinking 'I have to go back.'

I walked to school slowly. Nothing had changed, only me. I was a lot skinnier than I used to be, and of course a bit taller, which made everything look smaller from what I remembered. I already knew where to go and where my first class would be, so I walked there slowly. Classes had already started, and I was pretty scared. I knocked on the door, and the teacher told me to go in. I took a deep breath and tried to ignore the growing ache in my head. I forced myself to smile, lifted my head up high and entered the classroom.

And that moment, everyone looked at me. He was there too, his puppy eyes widening in disbelief. 'No, don't recognize me.'I begged him in my mind. He couldn't. I... I wouldn't allow myself to get close to them again, because I didn't want them to be hurt when I... you know... So, I decided that seeing them would be enough.

'Kim Kibum, right?' the teacher asked me. Well yeah, since I couldn't just change my name, I was sure that they would suspect something, but seriously. There were a lot of Kim Kibums around the world and even in this town, plus I looked different. If I acted cold enough, they would just think that I had the same name as their friend.

I nodded, and bowed in the teacher's direction. She smiled at me and after I introduced myself, she told me to sit in the back. I walked there. I passed him on the way, and I could feel that his eyes were on me. I wanted to go and hug him. I wanted to cling and tell him how much I hated this. How much I had missed him. But I knew that I couldn't. No... I sat down slowly and winced when I looked at my hand. It was so pale. I mean, I was so pale... I really hated it. Because of that stupid sickness, I would never be a normal person.

The class passed quickly and the moment the teacher left the classroom, Jonghyun was in front of me. I glared at him as coldly as I could,

'What?' I asked him.

'Kibummie, can't you remember me?' he asked me sadly, his huge puppy eyes begging me to hug him.

'Excuse me? Do I know you?' I asked on my diva-voice.

'Kibummie... It's me, Jonghyun. Baby, you have to remember me.'he whispered. I shook my head, even though I wanted to hug him. I almost reached out to hug him, but then, my head started to pound once again and it made me remember why I couldn't tell him that it was me.

'I think you've got the wrong person. 'I told him. 'Now, could you please leave me alone?' I asked him. He nodded sadly and walked back to his seat. Tears gathered in my eyes. 'Sorry Jongie,'I thought, 'I..can't tell you.'

Luckily, the teacher came and I had to pay attention, so I didn't even look at Jonghyun. The day passed quickly and when lunch came, I went to the cafeteria with my head held high. Everyone was staring at me, some people greeted me and before I knew it, Taemin jumped on me. I knew that my innocent baby was harder to fool than Jonghyun since he knew about me being ill and everything.

'Umma!'he squealed and hugged me tightly. I pushed him away, careful not to hurt him

'Are people here really that stupid? You're like the third person that think they know me.'I scoffed at him. Tears gathered in his eyes. I frowned. No, I couldn't bear seeing my baby cry. I sighed and turned away from him. Still, I couldn't tell him.

I peeked inside the cafeteria and turned back. I wasn't even hungry. I sighed as I checked where my next class would be and walked there. Of course, Jonghyun was there once again, and he was staring at me through the whole lesson. I missed him, but now that he was here.. I wasn't sure if I could bear this. I wanted him to hold me and of course, I wanted to apologize to Minnie. I sighed. Life was complicated.