Tears and Blushes

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys *yawns* It's only a bit past eight and I'm half-asleep... I didn't even do anything today xD


I woke up to crying and screaming. The voice was pitiful and extremely familiar, but I knew that it wasn't Jonghyun. 'HE IS NOT SICK!' the owner of the voice screamed, and my eyes snapped open. Taemin.

I sat up slowly and stared at my baby-boy who was standing near my hospital bed, staring at me. His huge eyes were teary and red as he stared at me.'Umma... they were kidding kidding, right?' he asked shakily.'You said you're okay...'he added. I looked away, noticing another person that was in the room with us. It was a nurse. She was standing in the door, looking at me sadly. I guess she was the one who Taemin had been yelling to. 'I'll leave you two alone..'she mouthed and left, closing the door behind him.

I looked at Taemin once again, scared and confused. I didn't know what to do, and I had no idea about how he found out. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest, I wasn't ready to tell Taemin yet. The room started to spin with me again, just like the other day and I closed my eyes, breathing heavily. 'Umma?' he asked softly, noticing that something was wrong.

'I'm okay...'I whispered and smiled at him weakly when I didn't feel dizzy anymore. I opened my eyes slowly and held out my held for him to hold it.

'Why did you lie to me?'he asked softly, stepping closer to me. He took my hand and squeezed it gently. 'Why, umma?'he asked again. I sighed softly and looked at him sadly.

'I didn't want you to worry, Minnie.'I said. He looked away for a moment and sighed softly. 'I am okay right now, so you shouldn't worry...'I added.

'You're not okay, umma. I decided to visit Minho-hyung, and I heard him talking to Jonghyun-hyung on the phone that you are in the hospital. I was very confused... And then he said t...that he knows that you're dying and that h..he doesn't know how I'll take it...'he whispered, sniffing softly.

'Aww, baby, it's not that bad...'I said, trying to comfort him with squeezing his hand gently.

'Yeah, it's not that bad. My best friend, umma, or whatever is dying... It's okay, I have loads of best friends...'Taemin said sarcastically. I sighed. Innocent little Taeminnie was mad at me. I knew that he had the right to be angry, I just... didn't want it.

'Sorry... You were just so happy to see me...'I said, and before he could have tried to say anything, I quickly tried to change the topic of out talk with smirking at him, and asking a question that I knew would make him blush. 'So, why did you go over to Minho?'I asked him.

As I thought, he blushed deeply and tried to hide it with looking away. 'Mission succesful.'I thought.

'We have this class project and...'he started. I raised an eyebrow. Really? Class project on weekend, at your crush's house? It seemed a bit fishy to me. 'OKAY! I missed him and I wanted to see him and talk to him...'Taemin pouted cutely.

'Awww...'I chuckled and pinched his cheek.'Wait, this means that you didn't even tell him that you were going, right?' I asked him. Taemin nodded, blushing even more. The topic of my sickness long forgotten, we started talking about how much he and Minho would look cute together. Yes, I hated the frog, but that didn't mean that I didn't want to best for my baby. And since I knew that I was going to leave my son soon, I decided that I would get them together.

The elder boy loved Taemin, and Taemin loved him too. I knew that Minho was going to protect Taemin when I wouldn't be there anymore. Yes, Jonghyun would too, but Jonghyun wouldn't be able to be with Taemin 24/7. Slowly, he would have to forget me, and maybe Taemin too.

'Umma~' Taemin whined. 'Are you even listening?'he asked me. I shook my head, telling him that I zoned off for a few minutes. He rolled his eyes, but they lit up when his phone rang suddenly. He picked it up without looking at the number,

'Hi hyung!' he said cheerily, thought his eyes were still a bit red. But at least he knew it. 'Sure..No, I'm not  home,  I'm actually with Key-umma right now...'he said, replying to the caller's questions (I was almost a hundred percent sure that it was Minho). 'Yes, he told me, and I'm okay. He is okay too.. Okay, see you soon. Bye hyung~' he said giggling as he hang up againg.

'It was the frog, huh?' I asked him, giggling. Taemin nodded, his cheeks becoming pink once again. I shook my head, smiling.

'He wanted to ask me if he could pick me up at the morning before school. He was a bit shocked that I was here, but he didn't even ask how I got here.'he giggled softly. 'The nurse-noonas were very kind and they showed my your room right away.'he added and smiled. I smiled back at him tiredly.

'I'm kind of glad that you know it now.. But wait... where is Jonghyun?' I asked him, suddenly realized that my puppy of a boyfriend promised to stay with me until I woke up.

'I don't know... Maybe he went to get some food or something...'Taemin said. I nodded, that seemed like it. 'I gotta go now, umma. I have to get home for dinner...'he said, and kissed my cheek. I smiled at him.

'Bye, baby..'I said. He waved and left quickly.

I sighed softly. I was a bit angry at Jonghyun and Minho for 'telling' Taemin about my condition. Of course, it wasn't their fault, but still.

Soon, Jonghyun came back. As Taemin had predicted, he was out for food. He was carrying a bag full of unhealthy fast-food. I rolled my eyes, bit my lips. I hadn't really eaten since the dinner at his house. I was famished.

'Taemin overheard your conversation with Minho.'I said coldly when he leant in to kiss me. He hissed softly.

'Sorry, love...'he apologized. I sighed softly.

'It's not your fault...'I smiled at him. He smiled back at me and pecked me on the lips.

'I brought you some food... I know that I shouldn't have, but hospital food is gross...'he said. I nodded, and giggled softly. He gave me what he bought, and we started eating happily.

It was almost like in the old days. Sitting on a bed (even though this one was extremely hard and reeked of antiseptic), chatting and eating happily. But at those times, I wasn't dying...