Dinner

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: *long sigh* I am in a bad mood. A really really bad mood. Okay, actually I'm just moody xD I hope this chapter will be okay though xD


A few hours later, Jonghyun decided to walk me home. It was already dark outside, and when we told his mom that we would be going, she simply stated that I was going to stay over. I wanted to, of course, but I didn't have any clothes with me. She just told me that I could borrow some of Jonghyun's.

And that's how I ended up staying at Jonghyun's house. I didn't really have any chance to say no, but since I loved them like my own family, I wasn't upset about it at all. It was really strange, how I used to spend a lot of time in this house when I was younger. Now I almost got lost on the way to the dining room. Yeah, their house was huge, but I really loved it.

Dinner was great. As always, Jonghyun's mom made the best food in the world. Actually, I had no idea what it was, because it was some French thing she 'wanted to try out' but it tasted fantastic. I hadn't eaten so much in years. As we were eating the dessert (strawberry cake, she knew that I loved it), Jonghyun's father suddenly looked at me. He had barely gotten home, and he was very surprised to see me, but he was glad. Yes, I was on good terms with my boyfriend's whole family. They really seemed to love me, even before we got together.

So, as I was saying, Jonghyun's father looked at me, and sighed deeply. 'Where have you been?' he asked me, looking into my eyes. He looked a lot like Jonghyun, having the same strong jaw-line, and similar eye-color, but he was much older of course. I always found it a bit weird to talk to him. When I was young, I always imagined that in twenty years, Jonghyun would look like him and that we would be still together. Yes, I was really weird. But maybe I didn't really like talking to the older man because he was slightly scary from the outside, and I was afraid of everything that was even a bit scary.

As I snapped out of my daydream, I gulped. So he didn't know it yet.. I didn't really want to explain my story, I was a bit afraid that I would cry. And I knew that he had all rights to be angry at me for 'leaving' his son. I took a deep breath, and smiled at him weakly.

'We had to move because of some... family stuff.' I said. I wasn't lying to him completely, which made me feel a little bit better. And still, I was extremely nervous. I knew that there was a chance that Jonghyun's dad would hate me for everything I had done, even though I tried to explain myself. I could only hope that he wouldn't.

Jonghyun looked at me and reached for my hand underneath the table. He gave it a gentle squeeze and smiled at me. I smiled back at him thankfully, feeling a bit better.

'You could have told us. If your family had a problem, we would have been glad to help.' Jonghyun's dad said suddenly, which took me completely off guard. Even after this many years, he only said that they could have helped? I felt my throat tighten, and my eyes watered. Yes, I was over-emotional, but still... It made me so happy to know that he would have helped.

'It wasn't a problem where you could have helped...'I said softly. Jonghyun shot me a knowing glance, and I nodded.

'Well, what happened then? You do know that you can tell us, right?' the elder man asked me again. I sighed, and nodded. Jonghyun and his mom already knew why we had to move, so they wouldn't be surprised, but I didn't know how the man would react.

'Well... I was... ugh, I was diagnosed with a disease, and they couldn't treat me here. 'I said, looking away nervous.

'Oh. So that's why you disappeared. And, how are you know? All good?' he asked me, taking it surprisingly well.

'I... Let's say that I am good at the moment.' I said, and smiled weakly. Jonghyun scooted a bit closer to me, and I smiled at him.

'You are not healed yet?' I was asked again, and I just shook my head. I was starting to get a bit tired, and all the questioning made my head hurt.

'Not yet. But... excuse me...'I mumbled, and stood up slowly. I knew that it wasn't too nice, but I was sure that Jonghyun's mom would understand why I left the table so quickly. I walked into Jonghyun room and fell on his bed. I hugged his pillow to my chest, and started crying silently. I had almost forgotten the fact that I was dying, but it came back full force. I knew that I could never be truly happy like this.

Some time later, Jonghyun walked into the room. He sat down next to me, and pulled me onto his lap. I was still crying, my shoulders shaking with silent sobs. I just wanted to let it all out. Yes, I hated being weak, but I knew that crying would help me bit.'Shh,'Jonghyun soothed me softly. 'It's alright, love. I'm here...'he whispered, but his voice was shaking too. I lifted my head up to look into his teary eyes.

'We are pathetic...'I whispered, giggling bitterly.'We should be having fun until I...'I didn't finish it, but he knew what I meant. 'And here we are, crying. We are really, really pathetic, Jonghyun.' I said. He nodded, and kissed my forehead gently.

'Yes, we are pathetic. But we still have plenty of time for you to get better. I'm sure that in ten years, we will be laughing at everything that happened now. You will be alright...'he said and started my hair gently. I nodded slightly, though I knew that he was wrong. I was feeling weaker and weaker as the time passed, and I knew that I was leaving him soon. I closed my eyes and dozed off, dreaming of a future that could happen if a miracle happened.

I woke up some time later. I was lying on the bed in Jonghyun's arms. It was almost perfect. Yet, it wasn't. I could feel the bile rise in my throat, and I barely had the strength to turn on my side before I vomited everything I had eaten back up, right on Jonghyun's carpet. He shot up. 'BUMMIE!' he whisper-yelled. I panted heavily, trying to fight the new wave of nausea that was washing over me. I couldn't, and in a few moments, I was throwing up again. I was gasping for air, too dizzy to be able to comprehend what was going on around me. I faintly felt Jonghyun lift me up a bit, and then there was a bucket in front of me maybe, but I wasn't sure. It was dark, and I couldn't have cared less anyway. 

When I stopped finally, I was panting even more. I was gasping for air, it was getting too hard to breath. I wasn't sure if it was because of the nausea, or because of an other reason. Black spots started to appear in front of my eyes, and the last thing I heard was Jonghyun's desperate voice before I passed out.'Bummie!'