The second morning

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys :D Thank you all for the comments^^ Umm.. Just a quick question: Does the fact that the poster is happy but the story is angsty (for now) bother you? It's not like I'll ask for a new poster or anything, but I have to admit that I wasn't exactly on 100% when I started this story and I thought that this will be a lot fluffier T.T I mean.. I could make this fluffier, but it would be too sudden xD


The next day I woke up in a strangely good mood. The sun was shining brightly, even though it was still early in the morning, and I could hear the birds chirping happily. It was a nice, spring morning. Of course, the cheery atmosphere of the spring day wasn't enough to make me happy. No, the main reason for my happines was that my head didn't hurt at all, which was like a miracle these days and I was quite hungry. It felt like nothing could go wrong on that day.

Of course, as always, something bad had to happen. Seriously, couldn't I just live peacefully until I died? I barely had a few more months left, and still... Something always had to happen to me... I freaking hated it how I never had a nice, calm day.

So, as I was getting ready for school, humming to myself happily, I noticed that as usual, my phone was turned off for the night. I turned it on, and before I could have checked my messages or anything, my mother called me.

'Hi Mom~' I greeted her cheerily, at that moment I was trying to choose between two pink colored T-shirt.

'Hi Sweetie,'she started. Her voice was so sad and full of worry, though it sounded a bit weird, even if I didn't know why,' how are you?' she asked, trying to sound happy.

'I'm fine.'I smiled, finally deciding on what T-shirt to wear.'Actually I'm getting ready for school.'I told her.

'I guessed so.'she laughed softly.'So, have you met...'she started. I sighed softly, knowing what she wanted to ask.

'Yes, I've met them. Minnie has grown a lot...'I giggled, but my voice was bitter. Even just remembering them made my good mood disappear. Once again, I was a gloomy diva. Great.'And Jongie became even more muscular.' I added.

'Baby, I think you should tell them...'my mother said.'What you're doing isn't good for any of you...'she added. I rolled my eyes, couldn't she just forget my decision?

'Mom, I won't tell them. Don't you understand that it's the best for them? Yes, it hurt that I see my boyfriend but I can't hug him. Yes, I felt heartbroken when I had to be rude to Minnie, but if I told them.. Mom, I don't want them to be sad when I die. I don't want them to pity me.'I whispered, my eyes filling with tears. But I had to be strong.

'Baby, you have to tell them..'Mom whispered again.' Oh, it's time for you to go now.. Please, don't ditch school and be a good boy.'she said, fake-happiness evident in her tone.

'Okay..' I whispered and hung up without saying goodbye.

 After my day was successfully ruined by my mother, I decided to dress up finally. In the end I choose a plain, black T-shirt (to fit my mood, the pink one seemed too bright..) and a pair of black skinny jeans. Once I 'forced' myself into my jeans and pulled on the T-shirt, I looked at my reflection in my bathroom mirror. I looked just as pale as always and sadly, there was a purplish bruise forming on my cheek. I had no idea how I had gotten it, but then I remembered that I woke up in the middle of the night, and accidentally to my side, somehow managing to hit the left side of my face. On normal people, it wouldn't have left a bruise, but since my skin was very thin now, and I was extremely pale, I was an exception. Great, right?

I styled my hair and put on some concealer to hide the bruise, then walked into the kitchen. I wasn't too hungry, but I knew that I had to eat at least a few bites, so I made some cereal for myself and ate some of it.

After finishing, it was time to go to school. I sighed in frustration. I wanted to see them, and I wanted to talk to them. I wanted to be able to kiss Jonghyun and to be able to protect Minnie from that idiotic frog. And still, since I wanted the best for them, I was going to push them away. I grabbed my bag, wincing when it's weight hit my shoulder, I started walking to school slowly, sometimes stopping because of the growing pain in my chest. I wasn't sure if it was from my illness, or from the guilt I felt, but it hurt.

Eventually, I reached my school A lot of people looked at me. Of course, it was only my second morning here, and the first actual morning when they could see me before classes or anything. A lot of younger girls stared at me with jealousy in their eyes. Well yeah, I nice figure, but I guess it was because I was extremely skinny. And my face was pretty. Plus yeah, it was obvious that I liked boys, and they knew that if I wanted to, I could get good-looking boys easier than them. Or something like that.

But I wasn't interested in dating anyone. Technically, I still had a boyfriend, and I wanted to die with knowing that Jonghyun was still mine. I didn't care if he had a new boyfriend, we hadn't broken up, so I would die knowing that someone had loved me.

I walked to my locker, not caring when some boy stopped me and tried talking to me. I just shrugged him off with my usual, diva-like smile. I think I looked confident enough, even though deep down, I was broken.

I got my stuff out of the locker and walked to my first class. I sat at a free desk and laid my head on it. I wanted this day to end. Actually, I wanted life to end. Pain, sadness were all I felt, even though my day started out nicely. But I fought my tears and forced a small smile onto my face.

'Kibum-ah..'I heard. I grimaced, it was Jonghyun. I knew that I wouldn't be able to ignore him if he kept on trying to talk to me.

'What?' I snapped at him.

'Wow, someone had a bad morning.'he smirked and sat on the seat next to mine.

'OR someone hates someone and wants someone to go away.'I said and smiled at him, my typical y smile.

'When will you drop the act?' he asked me as he took my hand gently and brought it to his lips. I blushed deeply, but managed to pull my hand away.

'Leave me alone!' I spat, glaring at him. My heart was pounding loudly in my chest, I was sure that he could hear it, but I didn't care.

'Aww, you blushed~' he cooed and pinched my cheek. I sighed and looked at him as angrily as I could, though all I wanted was to hug him. I knew that I would feel safe in his arms, I always did.

'Look, I don't care who you are. But don't.touch.me. Leave me alone, alright?' I growled at him.

'Fine, play your game, Bummie.. 'he said. Finally, he seemed to give up and turned away. I sighed in relief. 'I'm sorry, Jongie... 'I thought.

I could only hope that my day was going to pass peacefully after that. Because if not, I was going to break down. And I was well aware of it.