Guilt

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys ^^ There'll be an important AN and an equally important poll at the end of the chapter, so be sure to check them out^^ I don't have anything else to say xD


My parents left a few minutes after my mother had told me... that. Deep down, I wanted them to stay. They had just found out that their only son was going to die in a few weeks. And... they just left.. It almost hurt more than the fact that I was really dying.

Jonghyun was sitting by my side on the bed, holding my hand tightly. His grip was almost painful and I was almost sure that it was going to give a light bruise since my skin was extremely sensitive, but I didn't care.

Taemin and Minho hadn't returned yet, but I could understand them... I mean... Taemin had been my best friend for a very long time. He was really my baby boy. And now he was going to have to witness as I slowly died. I suddenly regretted going back. No one in the small hospital room would have been crying if I hadn't been selfish and went back so I could just see them. I knew that I was going to die yet I still went back.

I closed my eyes for a few moments, my head still throbbing even though I had been given some painkillers after my parents had left, and all I wanted was just to sleep. And never wake up. It was ironic how I wanted to die because of the overwhelming pain and guilt I was feeling when I wanted to live for my friends... And my true family.

Jonghyun's mother stepped to me and kissed my forehead, her beautiful, kind eyes teary.' We have to go home now, but Jonghyun will stay with you, okay?' she asked softly, her voice cracking at the end of her sentence. 'Just rest so you can... still come home...'she added and gently brushed some hair out of my face. I nodded silently, not trusting my own voice. Yet, I wanted to apologize for all that they had to go through because of me.

My boyfriend's dad just smiled at me weakly from where he was standing. I could see that even he was suffering. They slowly left the room and closed the door but not before saying goodbye to me. As if there was a chance that that was the final goodbye they could tell me. After the door closed, I could hear the always so cheerful woman's sobs as they walked away.

'I'm an idiot...'I whispered to no one in particular, yet Jonghyun seemed to hear it because he leant above me, his eyes full of pain.

'Why would you say that?'he asked softly, placing his hand on my cheek. I closed my eyes and leant into his touch, a small, content sigh leaving my lips. Yet I still opened my eyes when I decided to tell him what I was feeling.

'Everyone is like this because of me... This is what I wanted to prevent from the start, Jonghyun. I just can't bear to see you all in so much pain.. It hurts...'I whispered.

'Bummie...'he started, but he didn't finish his sentence. Maybe because he just couldn't. But he leant in and captured my lips in a sweet, gentle kiss. I could feel that he barely dared to touch me though. A few minutes later he pulled away, leaning his forehead against mine.' I... It's not your fault...'he whispered brokenly as he planted another kiss on my dry lips.

'It is...'I whispered.' You wouldn't be like this if I hadn't come back. I'm such a selfish idiot!'I snapped as loudly as my aching throat allowed me. He should have blamed me. He should have told me that I was right, that with coming back I've ruined their life. But he didn't. He just stared into my eyes, seemingly desperate to make me believe the opposite.

After a few minutes, he very gently pulled me up and hugged me.'At least you are still here, love... We all love you. Actually, I love you more than anything in the world. Maybe... Maybe you feel like you shouldn't have come back but...' once again, he didn't finish what he had been saying. He just held me as I started to cry into his chest quietly. He rubbed soothing circles into my back. 'I love you, okay. Even when... you won't be here, I will love you.. always...'he whispered as he laid his head on the top of mine.

'I love you too...'I whispered into his chest almost inaudibly, but I knew that he could hear me, because his hold tightened on my waist just a bit.

After an hour or too, Jonghyun too had to go home. He looked like he didn't want to leave though, even though the visiting hours were over. Slowly, he stood up and laid me down gently since we had stayed in each other's embrace for a very long time, and kissed my forehead, whispering sweet nothings into my ear.

'I don't want you to leave...'I whispered as he very slowly started leaving the hospital room. He stopped and sighed, looking back at me with a faint smile.

'I'll be back tomorrow the moment I can...'he said.' Sleep well and eat enough so the doctors will allow you to go home. They said that if you regain some of your power, you'll be able to do so...'he added before whispering a soft goodbye and leaving me alone.

I laid on the bed silently as I looked at the ceiling. A bitter smile was on my lips as I remembered how Jonghyun tried to convince me that what I'd done was right. There were moments when I could almost believe him. Yet the guilt I was feeling hurt even worse than the pain I felt in almost every parts of my body. Even my toes hurt, like the time I had accidentally kicked a huge rock while only wearing a pair of thinner shoes. I could remember how I cried out and inwardly begged for someone to come and 'save' me. I couldn't have been older than ten at that time though. And.. needless to say, Jonghyun was my prince in shining armor.

'I wish that he could save me now as well...'I whispered into the nothing as I closed my eyes. Despite not feeling tired, I fell asleep within moments. In my dream, everything was alright. But even then, I knew that nothing was...


AN: Okay, so : First of all, I've kind of started my very first GTOP fic. So... if anyone likes the pairing here, could you check it out? It's The Story of a Broken Dragon :D Thank you <3

Also, here's a poll I'd like you to vote on ^^ I mean only if you'd like to... *looks away*