Sleep

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi ^^ I'm not saying anything. Boo. Oh god, I regret listening to Big Bang albums now *sighs* Haru Haru is playing while I'm writing this xD *sniffs*


Almost two weeks had passed since the last time I had left the house. I had gotten a high fever, one that was quite dangerous, so I couldn't even think of going outside. Jonghyun had spent all his time with me, not even going to school since "It could wait."

Taemin would always be with me as well, big brown doe eyes shining with tears as he would look at me with a soft, fake smile on his lips. Oh, how I wanted to tell him that everything was going to be alright. That umma was there.

Both Minho and Onew visited regularly, sometimes bringing some gifts like Get better cards or random flowers. Weirdly, I had grown a bit closer to Minho. Honestly, I have no idea how on Earth that had happened. But... Maybe because I needed all of my friends with me.

I was lying in bed, too weak from the fever and my disease to even think of getting up. A stray tear slid down my cheek, thoughts about not going outside, or not walking again running through my head. I sniffed quietly, looking at my side where Jonghyun was resting, his face quite pale, dark circles evident around his closed eyes. He hadn't really been sleeping at night, always staying up to make sure that I was alright.

I hated it. I wanted my boyfriend to be well-rested and alright. And as happy as he used to be in the past, when everything was alright. But at least he was sleeping now. A gentle smile graced my lips as I sat up slowly, a soft whimper almost escaping my dry lips as a wave of intense pain wash over me.

I caressed Jonghyun's peaceful face, brushing some hair out of his eyes slowly. "I love you so much..."I whispered, my voice seeming so.. dead, so unlike mine. I could still remember the times when my voice was lively and happy, when I was lively and happy. "So much..."I repeated, slowly leaning down to kiss his cheek.

It was time to take my medicine, I knew it. Usually, Jonghyun would have waken up to give it to me, coaxing me with sweet words as that thing tasted worse and worse every single day.

Sometimes I wondered how long I will be able to hold myself up. I was growing weaker and weaker, my pain worse and worse as minutes, hours, days had passed slowly. I didn't want to go. I was so scared of death. And I didn't want to leave my friends and family behind.

But I knew that my last day was approaching me quickly. Too quickly for me to realize how little time I really had left.

I turned to the nightstand with a soft frown on my face, reaching for my pills and water. After I had both, I brought the medicine to my lips and popped them into my mouth, scrunching my face up in utter disgust as I swallowed them with some of the water.

The bitter taste was still on my tongue as I sighed softly, making a movement to put the now almost empty glass back on the nightstand. However, I hadn't expected my hand to tremble uncontrollably. I dropped the glass and winced as I heard it shatter into tiny pieced, the sharp sound making my sensitive ears hurt.

Jonghyun shot up, a worried look written all over his face. "Bummie, are you alright?" He asked me, his voice still clouded from sleep. I nodded slowly, a tear sliding down my face.

"Yeah.."I mumbled, not looking into his eyes. I wasn't alright. I had dropped even such a small object. I really was hopeless now, even if it was just caused by the trembling of my hands. I was so weak and so, so ing pathetic.

Jonghyun sighed softly, sitting up and hugging me to his chest tightly. I could feel his shoulders shake slightly as he held me tight, whispering sweet, soothing words into my ear. I wasn't really listening to what he was saying, only to the calming tone of his voice.

I closed my eyes, nuzzling my nose into the crook of his neck as I let out a soft sniff.

"I love you.."He said softly, rubbing my back gently. "I love you so much it hurts, Bummie. I love you so much that I'm scared to let you out of my sight... I love you so much that I want you to stay by my side for ever. I want to be with you. I want to make happy memories with you."He continued, slowly grabbing my chin and turning it to him so I was facing him, looking into his dark, teary eyes. "Please... Please..."He begged, voice cracking as he brought his lips to mine.

The kiss that followed was the most perfect we had ever had. It was slow, sweet, though sometimes salty from our tears, and filled with love. I could feel that he meant what he said. I could feel all his love, his admiration towards me.

I kissed him back, trying to show him that I felt the same way. I tugged at the end of his hair, parting my lips when his tongue slid across my lower lip, asking for entrance.

The kiss got more and more heated as time passed, but what seemed like only a minute later, I had to pull away, gasping for air. Jonghyun rubbed my back, a worried look in his eyes, as I breathed in and out to fill my lungs with much needed oxygen.

He smiled at me cockily as I was breathing regularly again, his hand caressing my back slowly, almost teasingly. "What is it, Bummie? Do I take your breath away?" He chuckled as he leant in, planting a soft kiss in the corner of my lips, then kissing my nose gently.

I rolled my eyes slightly before hugging him tightly. I hadn't felt like this since I hadn't been allowed to go out. Maybe it was the pills, or the fact that he was with me..

I stifled a yawn, feeling a sudden wave of sleepiness wash over me. My eyes slipped shut before I knew, a soft smile tugging at the end of my lips. "I'm so tired, Jongie..."I mumbled, letting out a content sigh as he laid me down, pulling me to his chest tightly. I felt him bury his face in my hair, and blinked a few times when sensing something wet drip down it.

I didn't care though, as I was getting more and more tired.

"Sleep.."He whispered, his voice cracking. I heard a soft sob leave his lips and moved to soothe him, but sleep seemed to claim me quicker than I could have reached him.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face, vowing to love Jonghyun just as much as he loved me.