A Different End

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys ^^ This is the surprise :P I hope you'll like it. Please, read the AN at the bottom :D


It was funny, really. Week had flew by, my time on Earth getting shorter and shorter. Or at least that's what I thought. I wasn't afraid of dying by that time, you know. However amusing it sounds, after that little episode when I broke down about how scared I was, I just couldn't feel fear anymore.

I decided to spend all of my time with Jonghyun. We did everything that was possible in my condition. We went to the zoo, to the circus, and we'd even visited the theme park once. Our friends usually tagged along, Taemin almost always clinging to Minho who didn't seem to mind it at all.

But.. I wasn't feeling weaker. My dizzy spells were still there, and I still got sick frequently, but it was like.. I didn't want to die? I'm not sure. It was a bit like my body was fighting for me.

Without even going to the hospital, I had some hope of recovering on my own. I had faith in myself. I knew that I would never be completely healthy, of course, but something kept me going. And this something was my love for Jonghyun, I think.

Of course, after some time, I had to go to the hospital for check-ups. My dearest doctor had managed to crush my hopes. He told me that maybe I wasn't getting worse as quickly as he thought I would be, but I was still on the brink of dead. He said that every day could be my last.

I hated him for taking away the little ray of hope I had left. I hated him for the tears he caused. Not for mine, because I honestly didn't care anymore. But for Jonghyun's tears, those that weren't supposed to be shed. I loathed him for causing my boyfriend to break.

We were both read for me to go though. Every night before going to sleep, he would hold me tight, kissing me like there would be no tomorrow. I would kiss him back, knowing that there was a chance that there wouldn't be. I could feel his love in his kisses, his touches, his skin on mine. I could feel it as he would whisper soft, sweet words into my ear before I fell asleep.

And I loved him just as much, maybe even a bit more. If his warm, puppy-like eyes would become teary, I would hold him like he would hold me when I was weak. I would kiss his tears away, whispering sweet lies into his ear.

I would tell him that everything was going to be okay. We both knew that it was no more than a lie, an obvious one at that, but somehow we didn't care.

And time flew again...One morning after breakfast, Jonghyun suddenly grabbed my hand and beamed at me, his eyes glinting mischievously as he pulled me to our room. I squeaked as he gently pushed me to the bed. I had no idea what he was doing, and if I really want to be honest, he was creeping me out a little.

He ran around, frantically looking for something. From the outside, it kind of looked like he had finally gone insane. Which was pretty scary, considering the fact that I was in the same room as him. "Jonghyun, are you okay?"I asked him hesitantly when he kept on jumping from one place to another.

"Sure!"He turned to look at me with a wide grin, his eyes sparking.

"What are you looking for then?"I asked him cautiously, a tiny bit amused by how hyper he was.

"Backpacks."He answered as he went back to looking around. I raised an eyebrow as the spare backpacks had always been in the back of his wardrobe. They had been there since we were kids. I could remember it because there were times when we went for a trip and his mom would pack some stuff for me as well. I would always sit near him on the bed when his mom would look for them, since... well let's say that my boyfriend had always been a bit... untidy.

"Wait, what are you planning?"I asked him as I followed him with my eyes. He was actually searching for those damn backpacks behind the curtains! He truly had no idea about where his stuff were.

I rolled my eyes as I stood up, shaking my head a little when my vision blurred for a few moments. I walked to the wardrobe and opened it, finding the stuff he had been looking for almost immediately. "There."I told him as he grinned at me, practically tearing them out of my hands.

"We're going to the forest!" He grinned, grabbing my hand.

And an hour later, we were there. Our backpacks filled with food, hand in hand, we were walking in circles in the familiar woods. I had always liked this place since... this was where I fell for him. I smiled at him as he suddenly pulled me closer, pointing at a small squirrel that was sitting on a tree, looking at with wide, almost curious eyes. The next moment though, it suddenly hid in the tree, so we couldn't see it anymore. I pouted a little as I tried to search for the small red animal.

After we sadly couldn't find it, we kept on walking, sometimes talking about things that had happened here. Jonghyun liked telling me how much I hated bugs, while I would always remind him of how scared he was one night, when we were camping here, telling creepy stories to the others, and some smaller animal leapt on his leg immediately. His shriek was just like a girl's! It was honestly hilarious, to be honest...

Sadly, we had to go home soon as it was starting to get colder. I wanted to stay, but Jonghyun practically dragged me home. Still, it was a day I would always remember.

And do you know what's really funny? Even after years, I was still there. I had graduated from high school with good grades and got into a fancy university for artists. I was still very sick, but I kept pushing on...For him, for us, and later, for our family.

Jonghyun smiled as he looked at his lover who was resting in his arms. A pecaeful smile graced the younger's pink lips as he was lying there, his eyes closed, yet his mind active. He was thinking about the times they were teens. The many hardships they had to survive. But looking back, he didn't regret anything that had happened back then.

Suddenly both men could hear the soft shuffling sound of feet, and then, the door being opened. Kibum's eyes fluttered open slowly as he looked at the small form standing in the door, his brown, feline eyes meeting cute, gray ones.

"Umma, appa, tell me a story, I can't sleep!"The tiny, blonde haired girl said as she slowly walked to her parents, looking at them with puppy-like eyes.

Kibum chuckled softly, motioning for his baby girl to lie down next to them. The small blonde grinned and crawled over to her umma, cuddling to him with an excited smile on her face.

"Listen carefully, sweetheart. Umma will tell you a special story. Our story...


AN: Well, that's it guys. The last last chapter of 'I'm back until I die'. I really hope that you enjoyed this 'good' ending. I'm not exactly sure about how good this is, considering that Kibum never got cured xD Well whatever.

I.. want to thank you all for staying with me through this story. So many things had happened in it, so much drama and minor fluff xD I have to say that I will never forget it. Once again, thank you. Really.  (oh, and I'd appreciate if you didn't unsub, just saying xD Sorry for always saying it, I actually might add something here now and then :PP)

And now for some advertisement before I start crying xD

Living The Past is my newest JongKey fic. I actually like the storyline, and I'd love if you checked it out.

Also, my first Shoppe, Ladybug's Shoppe is hiring reviewers and oneshot writers. Also, if any graphic designer who's kinda free is reading this now, I would be honered to share the shop with someone ^^