Sandwich

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: I'm so so so so so so (add more 'so's, I'm not gonna type more xD) sorry guys T.T I know that I should have updated this and all especially since option one won, but I got stuck with my JongKey fics cause of my little success in GTOP. Can you forgive me? Pwease~

(and... I've been home since Tuesday so I even had the time to write but I couldn't. I've lost my inspiration... By the way, has anyone seen it? If so, please tell it to come back home xDDD)


Two days later, I was allowed to go home. The doctors said that I could go back to school if I wanted to but... It didn't really matter anymore. I knew that I wasn't going to live long enough to graduate, so what would have been the use of going back? Jonghyun's mom though, managed to convince me to go to school still, since that way I could spend some time with my friends.

School started out pretty bad. Everyone was looking at me with utter pity in their eyes. Every single time I slowed down or stopped for a moment while walking to class, someone would appear by my side magically, asking me if I was alright, if I needed help.

No, I wasn't alright, but they weren't making it any better. Honestly, I didn't even know how everyone found out that I was sick.

I was thankful for having most of my classes with Jonghyun, because at least I could spend some time with him. But.. The truth was that I really didn't like seeing him. Ever since we'd found out that I was going to die very soon, he looked so.. sad. Sometimes he still smiled at me gently, but his smiles were empty. His eyes were empty.

I hated myself for... 'breaking' him. I knew that nothing was going to be the same, even if I something happened to me and I got cure. But.. Even the chance of that had disappeared.

But finally something good had happened at lunch. Something that was enough to 'bring' my friends and boyfriend 'back'.

 It started out quite normally. I grabbed a small sandwich and paid for it before walking to the table my friends were sitting at. Taemin, who was sitting on Minho's lap like it was normal, smiled at me weakly, mumbling a small greeting. I smiled back at him and stifled a yawn. I hadn't slept well at night, even though I had been exhausted the night before. I sat down and looked at Jonghyun who had taken the seat next to me. He took one of my hands and kissed my knuckled gently, a small smile sitting on his lips. 'Only a few more classes and we can go home.'he said.

'Yeah...'I mumbled. The teacher hadn't been too rough on me, actually they let me be as long as I stayed quiet. It seemed like even they knew that I was going to... leave soon.

I sighed and bit into my sandwich, spitting the bite out the next moment. It tasted awful. I scrunched my face up in disgust as I looked for something to drink since I hadn't bought anything. Jonghyun handed me a bottle of soda, a worried expression on his face. I drank quickly, wishing for the taste to be gone from my mouth already. I knew that if it wasn't going to disappear, I was going to throw up.

'That was really yucky..'I muttered a few minutes later, wiping my mouth. 'I think something wrong was put into it or I don't know..'I explained.

Everyone was staring at me for a few minutes, before suddenly we all burst out laughing. I have no idea why we laughed, and I think they didn't know it either, but we just laughed. 

It seemed like the tension that had been with us since we'd been at the hospital had lifted. Jonghyun scooted a bit closer to me and picked up the sandwich (I had dropped it after tasting it), sniffling it like a dog would. I giggled softly.'It doesn't smell bad...'he said, taking a bit of said food. The next moment he made a gagging sound, throwing the sandwich away. It landed on Onew's head who was currently eating a some chicken-thing happily. He looked up at Jonghyun, tilting his head to the side. It seemed like he had no idea why he had gotten Jonghyun's little 'gift'.

'It .'My boyfriend stated. 'I hate you, Bummie. You made me taste it..'he whined. I rolled my eyes and hit the top of his head playfully.

'You picked it up. I can't remember me forcing you to eat it...'I stuck out my tongue at him. Taemin giggled softly, picking the sandwich off Onew's head, since he and Minho were sitting pretty close to him.

'Is it really that bad, umma?'he asked me, looking at the piece of bread and something curiously. Minho quickly snatched it from him, obviously not wanting him to taste it as well.

'It's worse than bad...'Jonghyun pouted before I could have said anything. 'See, Taemin, your umma forced me to eat that! He pouted, even though we all knew that he was the one who wanted to eat that thing.

'Umma, you're cruel..'Taemin gasped playfully. 'Minho-hyung, save me from bad umma!'he squealed. We all started laughing again.

'I will, Taeminnie...' The frog said, smirking at me. I rolled my eyes and looked at the sandwich in his hands.

We continued to joke around, sometimes even throwing the sandwich around. In the end, all that remained of it were two thin slices of bread and some weird mushy stuff inside them. The bell rang and we sighed, sluggishly walking to hour classes (but not before throwing the sandwich out).

I was feeling a lot better than before, especially after laughing around with my friends. It was pretty refreshing to hear something other than crying. My head hurt a little, but it was a lot better since I had taken some pills in the morning. 

Afternoon classes passed quickly and before I knew it, I was sitting on a park bench with Jonghyun, just looking at the cloudy sky. He told me that he wanted to spend some time with me, and he didn't want to go home yet.

We didn't say anything, just sat there, basking in the spring sun. It was pretty warm outside, and I really liked it. 'I love you..'Jonghyun whispered suddenly, kissing my forehead gently.

'I love you too..'I mumbled, cuddling a bit closer to him. 'Today was fun..'I said, giggling at the memory of our 'adventure' with the sandwich.

'Yeah...'he said, chuckling.' It seriously tasted crappy. What on Earth was in it, anyway? That mushy stuff didn't look like ham or vegetable... Or.. anything...'he added, pulling me onto his lap slowly.

'I have no idea. I think it was supposed to be some boiled-egg-sandwich thing, but I'm not sure. Next time let's pack lunch for ourselves...'I giggled, laying my head on his chest. I inhaled his scent and smiled. Being with him like that was really nice.

'Okay. But I don't think that it was egg.'he said, gently caressing my hair.' Onew's face was totally priceless though. He had no idea what had happened!'He laughed. I laughed along with him, remembering the older boy's shocked face when the sandwich landed on his face. It was really hilarious.

'You're right!'I giggled. 'I bet he had no idea what had attacked him...' I added, still giggling softly.

'Yeah... Let's go home now, I'm hungry!'He said suddenly, setting me back on the bench. I pouted, even though I was hungry too.

'Okay...'I said standing up slowly. 'But maybe we could come back here tomorrow...'I said hopefully. He just nodded and took my hand as we started walking home slowly. It was truly nice.. We were really happy..


AN: Okkkay, so this is the best I can write now. The idea was kinda ridiculous and all, but I hope that you liked this little fluffy thing xD