Messages

I'm Back Until I Die

AN:Wow, so many comments and subscribers^^ Umm.. if you like how this is going then sub and comment.. xD 

Love ya,

Katakatica

NOTE: I don't like changing things like this, but in this fic, Key is shorter than Jonghyun (for a lot of reasons :D)


Finally, the last class of my first day had finished. I was so happy about it I almost jumped up and hugged Jonghyun who was (unfortunately) sitting behind me. Do you know how hard it is to ignore your (ex-)boyfriend when he is constantly trying to get your attention and the lesson is completely boring? No? Good for you.

So, after I finally gathered my stuff and started walking out of the school, somehow suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me back. I knew this person just by how 'icky' his hands felt. Minho, my 'enemy'.

'What did you do to Taemin?' He asked me as he glared daggers at me. I pulled my hand away and glared back at him, making sure to straighten my back to look taller and more intimidating than I was. Of course it didn't happen, but still. A diva has to be proud of himself, even if he had done something bad.

'To who?' I asked him and raised an eyebrow. I knew that he wouldn't buy it, he was (sadly) smarter than that.

'You know who I'm talking about.'he said. I scoffed.

'No. I think you've got the wrong person. Seriously, are you people in the school mad? Everyone thinks they know me. This is ridiculous.'I said and winced when he suddenly grabbed my shoulder forcefully.

'Look, I don't care about what happens to you. If you want to keep on lying, then do so. If you die, I'll be happy. But if you ever and I mean ever hurt Taemin again, I am going to kill you.'he threatened me. I glared at him. I didn't want to hurt Taemin and he knew it. 'Or I'll just tell everyone about your littlesecret.'he added with a smirk.

'You,'I growled and shook his hands off me. 'you know what, stay away and then I won't be rude to your little friend.'I spat and turned to leave. I sighed and looked back at him with a slight smirk. 'You know, if you love Taemin, you should just tell him, and not threaten random people.'I said and walked off. I knew that he would stay silent, he didn't want me to stand between Taemin and him. I never really understood why he thought that I liked Taemin. I mean hey, I had a boyfriend... And it was obvious that I liked manly (err...manlier than Taemin) men. Minho was simply an idiot.

I walked home slowly, my backpack heavier than it seemed in the morning. I was really exhausted, though I had barely done anything. I really hated this. I wanted to be normal again. 

When I finally reached my house, I opened the door and practically fell in. Tears gathered in my eyes as I curled up into a ball. I hated crying because it showed how weak I was. Slowly, I stood up and went to the bathroom to clean my face. I glared at my reflection in the mirror. Yes, I was beautiful. Yes, I had a skinny but great body and a nice face. And what else did I have? I had my parents who lived in the city. I had a small house with everything I'd need. I had medicine, a lot of it. My current 'best friend' was my doctor.

Oh, and what's the best thing I had? A few more months to live. I laughed bitterly and looked at my reflection again. My eyes were red, my lower lip was trembling, my cheekbones were too visible. I was pale, almost as pale as the vampires in those stupid movies. I washed my face and smiled softly when I looked slightly better.

Sighing deeply, I went to the tiny kitchen. At least the walls were painted a nice color, a soft, inviting brown. My mother decided on the color before everything shattered. Before I became ill.

I... I want to go back to those times. I want my mom and dad sit in the living room when I get back from school. I want to have clothes that aren't twice as my size or from the time when I was really young. I want everything back.

I opened the fridge and got out some food. I knew that I would have to throw out most of it since I hadn't been eating normally for months now. I sat down and started eating slowly. I felt sick after the first few bites but I knew that I had to eat. After forcing some food into my system, I dumped the rest of it into the trash can and walked to my room. I threw my backpack on my bed. If there was something I still loved in this 'new' life, it was my room. My bed was brown, but the covers and pillows were light pink. Yes, it was girly, but still, I loved it. The walls were white but there were dark swirls on it. Taemin made them when I told him that the walls would be white. He got 'mad' at me for wanting such a plain room. Well.. at first he wanted to pain the walls yellow, but I didn't let him. There were tons of framed photos on the wall. A lot of them of me and Jonghyun, some of them of Taemin, a few 'group' pictures, and also there was one of Minho and me. We were both glaring at the other, but it was a nice picture.

I sat on my bed slowly and did what I'd been doing for the past two years. I pulled out my phone, and checked my messages. I had at least ten new messages from Jonghyun, and a few from Taemin.

From : Jonghyun:

Bummie, is it really not you? Where are you? Reply, please..

My eyes filled with tears once again and my I just wanted to call him. I wanted to tell him to come and pick me up.

From: Kibum

I'm home.. Please.. Jongie, please come here..

I wrote, but I deleted the message. No, I couldn't let him know that I was back. I didn't want him to know that I was going to die soon. I didn't. He would treat me differently.. I wanted him to remember me as the healthy, smiling boy, not the y, sick skeleton I had became. So I was going to be strong.

I read all of the other messages. I tried replying to all of them, but I would always delete it. Taemin's last message though made me realized that maybe I wasn't doing the right thing...

From: Minnie

Umma.. Where are you? I want you to come home.. I miss you... Ooh, guess what happened today! This scary guy who looks like you (and you even have the same name!) came to school. I hugged him cause I thought it was you.. He is SO skinny! It's like he doesn't eat at all. And he is even shorter than Jonghyun-hyung.. Can you even believe it?! He is SHORT! But I think you'd love him.. You know.. I wonder if you're still alive.. I mean.. You and your umma and appa disappeared. You're not replying.. And you're really sick. Maybe you are an angel now, and watching us. If you are, then that's why I didn't get caught when I snuck out to meet Minho-hyung last night. Oh, and I think I like him.. He is so~ cute and nice and.. I'm going now, umma.. If you are still alive, please, reply... I love you..

I sniffed as I re-read the message again and again. My baby was wrong. I wasn't an angel. I was a liar, a bad person. And still, I couldn't tell him.

After I finished this daily habit of mine, I started doing my homework. It wasn't too hard luckily, so I finished early. And still, my eyelids already felt really heavy. I knew that if I fell asleep now, I would only wake up in the morning - if I ever woke up. I always thought that one day, I would just fell asleep peacefully and never wake up again. Sometimes.. I even looked forward to that day. Sometimes, the pain was too much. I wanted everything to end, and still, I didn't. I wanted to live.

I sighed as I changed into my pajamas, throwing my clothes on the floor. I curled up on my bed and hugged a stuffed toy close to my chest. It was from Taemin,he gave it to me  when he found out that I  was sick. He told me that the toy (a stuffed kitten with a huge, pink bow on it's neck) would keep me safe. I closed my eyes. 'I love you, Jongie, Minnie... Stupid frog...' I thought and soon, I fell asleep.