Almost

I'm Back Until I Die

AN: Hi guys.. I know that I should be updating my other fics and all (and I will be soon) but there are some things that caused me to update this today.


Luckily, my morning classes seemed to fly by. Jonghyun still tried to talk to me, but I managed to ignore him (it was really hard, but I knew that it was the best for him, and when it was time for lunch, I was in a slightly better mood. I wasn't hungry, so I decided to stay in the classroom. Everyone was eager to go and eat, so I was alone there. 

I got out a piece of paper and sighed softly. A few moments ago, I had a great idea about what to draw, but now I was completely clueless. I sighed and put the paper away, then laid my head on my desk. 

I heard some noise and I could feel someone's eyes on me.  Soon I felt a familiar touch on my shoulder.

'Are you Ok?'Jonghyun asked me softly. I took a deep breath, struggling the urge to hug him and beg him to hold me and stay with me for ever. So I forced myself to frown at him as I looked into his dark, puppy like eyes. They were full of worry and love. Did he really love me after all these years?

'Yeah.'I mumbled. I couldn't bring myself to yell at him when he was looking at me like that. But still, I tried to keep up with my diva-act. 'It's for your sake, Jongie..'I thought and felt my eyes water. I turned away and rubbed my eyes madly.

'Are you... crying?'he asked me suddenly. 

'Yeah right.'I mumbled sarcastically, though it was true.'Something got into my eyes...'I sniffed and looked back at him.

'What happened to your face?' he asked me gently as he reached out and touched my bruised cheek gently. I leant into his touch by instinct and closed my eyes. I couldn't pull away. I was enjoying the familiar warmth that came from his hand. 'Hey, are you listening to me?' he asked me when I didn't respond. I blushed softly and realized what I had been doing. I pulled away and glared at him.

'Why do you care?' I asked him, raising an eyebrow. My heart was pounding in my chest. Just his presence was enough for me to doubt that what I had done was right. 

'Why wouldn't I?' he asked me and leant closer to me. I gulped, he was too close. I didn't care about anything anymore as I leant closer to him, his scent familiar and intoxicating. He reached out with his hand again and caressed my cheek. I closed my eyes, a lone tear sliding done my cheek. He wiped it off gently. And then, I snapped out of our moment. I realized that this way, I was only going to hurt him. And I didn't want to. No, he had to think that it wasn't me. I wasn't his boyfriend, I was just another student. I pushed him away, and he stumbled into one of the other desks. I glared daggers at him, as I stood up and slapped him.

'Leave me alone. I don't know who I remind you of, but I don't care. I am not him. So off!' I cursed and stood up. I ran out of the classroom, tears streaming down my face. I threw the bathroom's door open, and walked inside. No one was there, so it wasn't a 'problem' that I fell on my knees and started sobbing hysterically. My shoulders were shaking and I couldn't see through my tears. 'It's for them..'I thought. 'If they are happy, I am too..'I added. Soon, I felt my tears stop. I stood up slowly and looked into the mirror. I looked horrible. The make-up that didn't get off when Jonghyun touched my cheek was smeared on my face and my bruise seemed much darker now. 'Heh..'I whispered. 'It looks like I'm ready to die...'I chuckled bitterly. I cleaned off my face as much as I could and tried to make it like I hadn't been crying a few minutes before. I was so weak.. 

The bell rang and I walked to my classroom slowly. A few people looked at me, but no one tried talking to me. Once I was in the classroom, I hurried to my seat. Jonghyun was sitting close to me as usual, but he wasn't trying to gain my attention are talk to me. No. He was looking at me with hurt in his puppy eyes, like I had done something very bad to him. I knew that I had, but once I was gone, he wouldn't miss me. And that's why he couldn't know that it was me. 

When he wasn't looking at me, I would look at him for a few moments. I would smile softly, then look back at the teacher. I knew that she was aware of my condition (my mother asked the principal to tell the teachers, and it was logical, since if I got sick, or something bad happened, they would know what to do. Or at least they wouldn't think that I was faking it.), so she left me alone, since I looked horrible. Or she just pitied me like most people. 

I sometimes wondered if I had any chance of recovering. My illness was serious, but sometimes I hoped that a miracle would happen and I would be cured. But then I would shrug it off. I didn't care, I wasn't afraid of death anymore. If I died, I died. 

The afternoon passed slowly, and finally, I was able to go home. I was quite hungry, so I decided to hurry up and go home. Of course, my little plan didn't succeed. 

'Uhm.. Excuse me..'someone touched me on the shoulder gently. It was Taemin.. Wow, he was taller than me. Well yeah, he was right, I was truly tiny.  My poor baby looked so scared of me. Awww... 'I..I'm sorry for what I've done yesterday.'he whispered, playing with his fingers.'I really thought that you were Key-umma. And.. 'he mumbled, but he didn't finish it. I sighed softly and smiled at him gently.

'It's okay.'I said. He grinned and started bouncing up and down happily. I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

'I am Lee Taemin by the way.'he said and bowed towards me.

'I am Kim Kibum.'I smiled at him. Despite his smile, I knew that he wasn't happy at all. No, my baby was sad because of me. I was a bad umma..