Chapter Thirty Eight

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So this is what you call spending quality time, huh?" Sehun asked Luhan who appeared to be taking a nap on the youngest bed.

Luhan just waved his hands slightly, smiling to himself, "I had a long night last night."

"Work?" Sehun asked, spinning himself in his desk chair.

"Yeah," Luhan mumbled.

Luhan had felt the urge to see his brother first thing in the morning. He realized the boy said he would help him even through all the horrible things Luhan had done to him. Sehun still was forgiving. It had been a few weeks since he last visited his family. Though he had no urge to see his parents or her he still had to come to see his brother. He had been at the house sine 10:00 a.m. that morning.

"You want to go get something to eat? It’s a little after noon," Sehun asked.

Luhan sat up in the bed, rubbing his eyes tiredly, "I am sorry about being such bad company."

Sehun smiled, "You were never good company."

Luhan looked at Sehun, evident sadness in his eyes, "I’m sorry."

"It’s ok," Sehun stood; reaching his hands out to grab Luhan’s hand, helping him off the bed. "Besides, I am used to it."

"Well I just want you to know that I am not boring! Maybe I have a lot of issues, but I am working on them. Before you know it, I will be the best brother you could ask for!"

"Right," Sehun mumbled. "I’ll believe it when I see it."

That wiped the joking smile of Luhan’s face. He turned his head to shoot an annoyed glance at Sehun which made him laugh.

They began to tease each other, poking fun at the others downfall, until they heard their father’s voice bellow out down the stairs. They both shut their mouths, listening to their father scream Luhan’s name angrily.

"What did you do?" Sehun whispered.

"What don’t I do?" Luhan replied, rolling his eyes.

"There you are! Too busy infiltrating your brother’s mind to answer me when I call for you, huh?" Their father shouted.

"What are you talking about?" Luhan questioned. His father just sneered, eyeing his attire from head to toe.

"Once a always a , huh? I should have known," his father mocked.

"Dad, why are you calling him that?" Sehun interrupted.

"Wait till your mother finds out where you work! And she actually thought you went and got a praiseworthy job!" The man began to laugh haughtily, "Just wait until she finds out!"

"How do you know where I work?" Luhan stuttered.

His father just shook his head, turning to walk back down the steps, "Get out. I don’t want your kind in my house."

"Dad! Why are you doing this?" Sehun shouted, running down the steps after his father.

"Well, why don’t you look at this," their father pointed to the flat screen TV. "It’s on again."

Luhan walked down the steps slowly, his grey boots barely making a sound as he turned the corner into the sitting room right in time to see his face plastered across the television. He in his breath, not expecting the commercial to even be playing this early.

No one had told him that it would even be released, but why would such a commercial be playing in the afternoon? Shouldn’t it at least play in the evening?

Luhan had never imagined himself to become ashamed of where he worked. Agit was a great place, and it paid him well. He had fun there, so why did he feel like hiding in a bush?

" that ingrate out of my house," Luhan heard his father say and then a door slam, signaling this father had retreated to his room.

? Funny he should use that word.

"Are you alright?" Sehun asked. Luhan kept his head down in shame, still trying to figure out why he was embarrassed.

"I’m fine," he mumbled a reply. "You don’t have to come out to eat with me if you don’t want to now that everyone knows."

That’s what it is. He was scared of what Sehun might think of him since their father found out. Sehun just began to laugh at the dejected sound of his older brother.

"Didn’t I tell you once that I wouldn’t be surprised if you were sleeping with people for a living?"

Luhan’s head shot up. Of course he remembered Sehun saying that, "I thought you were just saying that out of spite."

"I was, but I was serious too. That is all you did at school, after school, after you graduated. You just partied and drank and slept with girls," Sehun shrugged.

"Oh, well its different now that dad knows. And when mom finds out, it may not look good for you to be hanging with me."

"They knew you were doing those things in high school Luhan. You weren’t exactly inconspicuous when you came home with marks on your neck and smelling disgusting," Sehun smirked pushing Luhan out of the door.

"I wasn’t that bad!" Luhan laughed.

"Whatever you say Luhan," Sehun teased.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Xiumin gripped at his stomach, counting down the minutes he would be able to leave the class and eat his lunch. He had ran straight to school since he woke up late that morning and didn’t have time to stop to grab breakfast. The professor was wrapping up the last bit of his lecture, giving them the last few minutes to study separately or with partners. Xiumin didn’t really want to study let alone do it with one of his present classmates. Joonmyun had even left him alone sensing that the round face man had a slight attitude with him.

He laid his head along the desk, faking like he was reading his book. He began to doze off to sleep, feeling the sleepiness over take him. It wasn’t until a familiar and deathly word that sent chills up his spine was uttered by a girl sitting a few rows behind him, "Agit."

He pressed his face harder into the desk, biting his lip trying to listen but not look so obvious.

"I got a notification from Agit Night!" he could hear the girl behind him squeal. "I signed up for their notifications once when I went to the spa there!"

Xiumin let out a breath of air, she wasn’t anyone’s client.

"I didn’t know they were releasing a commercial?" one girl asked.

Commercial!

Xiumin forced himself to not jerk around in his seat as he heard the soft music of the promotion playing from the speakers in the girl phone.

"Oh my, they are so hot!" one girl squealed.

"I thought you like Spanish boys!"

"I do, second after Asians!"

"Look at the blonde; he is so tall and y!"

"Who is that eating the grapes? Umm, y…but he looks familiar?"

Xiumin felt a cold sweat break out along his forehead and neck. It couldn’t be? Did Agit seriously release the promotional clip and not tell him? They let him go to school instead of preparing him? He could feel himself getting sick and weak from nerves. What if his classmates recognized him? They were bound to at some point and he would not be ready for them.

His slid off his seat quietly, eyes opened big as the sweat trickled down his brow. He felt like he ran for a whole mile straight with no breaks. He descended down the rows of seats stiffly and went right pass the professor with a dazed look in his eyes. The professor just let him go, staring worriedly after the boy until the door shut behind him. As soon as the handle clicked, Xiumin took off in a run out of the building. He needed fresh air badly.

In a few seconds it would be time for his class to end and go for a lunch break. Xiumin took his bagged lunch and marched all the way across the field to the tree he started to eat under some time ago. He plopped down as soon as he reached it, worrying thoughts flying through his brain the whole way. His growling stomach was forgotten for a moment as he pulled out his phone and typed Agit Night into the search engine. The first thing that popped up was…the commercial.

He in an obnoxiously loud breath and pointed at he screen comically, "No no no no no No! This wasn’t supposed to be released so soon huh?"

His shaking pointed finger pressed the play icon on the video and he saw just what the girls saw a few moments before. He squealed when the camera showed him, eating grapes slowly. His eyes rolled to the back of his head dramatically as he dropped his phone and thrashed about. He picked it up again just in time to see the ending that clearly showed his face to the camera, him playing like he was fixing his bow tie with his lips pouted out.

He dropped his phone again as the video went black and the replay button appeared. There was no way he was going to watch that commercial again! He slumped against the tree in defeat as he saw that classes seemed to be dismissed. The yard was filling with more and more people. He reached into his bag and pulled out he baked chicken and salad. Sadly he was still on a diet but he made up for all the counted calories whenever he had to service Miss Dinner Time. He began to smile unconsciously to himself. He bowed his head over his food as people began to venture out further to where he was sitting.

Though he chose a rather secluded place because of all the stares he was getting for his new look, some people still sat around him, though they minded their business. He kept his head down, chewing his salad slowly; thinking about how such a commercial got released without anyone letting him know. Someone in their suite had to have known this was going to happen and they didn’t bother to tell anyone? Or maybe they did and they just didn’t tell him? But that would mean Luhan didn’t know either because he surely would have told him if he had known.

He let out a frustrated sigh, poking at he little cut up carrots.

Just wait until someone noticed that it was him in the commercial. They already stared at him for looking different, they certainly were going to stare once they realized why he looked the way he did.

"So you’re a star now, huh?" Xiumin looked at he beat up converse that were standing before him. The foot was too big to be Suho’s shoes, but he knew another person they could belong to.

"What do you want Jongin?" Xiumin muttered.

"Kai," he replied quickly, "And I just want to know how it feels to be on television."

"Television? The commercial was just released over notifications and the internet," Xiumin spoke up.

"Really? Then why in the world were the flat screens in the lunch room playing the Agit commercial?"

"What?" Xiumin shouted. "Is it really on TV?"

"Calm down, you looked really hot if you must know," Jongin smirked.

Xiumin only muttered a repetitive ‘No’ as he grabbed at his hair, "How many people were there?"

"It was full man. Besides, it was really funny when someone recognized you and scream "It’s Xiumin!" out loud. I think a few girls fainted," Jongin laughed. Xiumin’s face paled considerably.

There was no way he was staying for his next class; he had to get out of there! He began to throw his salad back into the bag, not even putting the top on correctly.

"Whoa, what’s the rush? Me and the sibling came to eat with you," a voice Xiumin recognized all too well spoke up.

"Hey, you’re the innocent looking one. The one that got that really close face shot," Jongin laughed, eyes widening at seeing the guy in person so suddenly.

Luhan glared at Jongin before snarling, "Sorry I don’t know who you are."

"Umm, feisty. Not so innocent after all," Jongin laughed.

Sehun squinted his eyes, spotting a trouble maker from a mile away. He looked at the pale face of Xiumin, wondering why he was so scared, "Are you alright?"

"Huh?" Xiumin said snapping his neck in Sehun’s direction causing them all to laugh.

"My poor bun, come on," Luhan cooed, pulling Xiumin to his feet.

"We can’t eat here, its too dangerous, can we go somewhere else?"

"Are you really scared of what people think?" Jongin questioned. "You needed the money so you sold your soul, I mean body. No harm in that, I do it all the time…for free," Jongin smirked.

"Ugh, Kai everyone isn’t nasty like you!" Xiumin exclaimed.

"That commercial of you eating grapes, begs to differ," Jongin teased.

Xiumin just rolled his eyes as he reached for Luhan’s hand and pulled him towards the campus exit. Sehun followed closely behind, casting a gla

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter