Chapter Thirty Seven

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao stared at Jongdae as he slowly cut all of his food into sections. The younger boy had never seen someone of the male species eat so daintily. Jongdae barely paid mind to the open mouthed shocked expression of the taller. He had always sectioned his food; it was his way of making sure he ate according to importance. Whichever food he disliked most on his plate, he ate first, saving the best for last.

"Um, so I am glad you came out to eat with me today," Tao began, snapping his eyes from Jongdae’s plate to the male’s face.

"You thought I would make it hard for you?" Jongdae tilted his head slowly.

"Well, every time I asked you to come with me somewhere, you would turn me down. You finally went shopping with me-,"

"Something I will never subject myself to again," Jongdae interrupted to which Tao made a bland face.

"I know. You have told me multiple times," he retorted.

Jongdae just shrugged his shoulders, picking up a piece of rice with his utensil. It was true. His shopping experience with Tao had been traumatic. The boy didn’t want to buy anything, but he wanted to look and try on everything. Jongdae had to be the judging eye for every outfit, every change of fabric to make the look better, every switch of shoes, and spray of cologne, different accessories, literally everything. He was so tired by the time he got back to the suite, he actually didn’t want to service any clients. So yes, it was a great feat for Tao to convince Jongdae to come out to lunch with him.

Tao leaned over the table suddenly, whispering something Jongdae could barely make out, "Is she a client of yours?"

Once the older finally made out what Tao was saying, he began to look around, eyes landing on a female that was staring quite hard at the both of them. Jongdae didn’t recognize her at all and her attire let him know that she wouldn’t be able to afford his services even if she tried. He turned back to face Tao, who was distracted with the waitress, who was openly gapping at him.

"What is going on here?" Jongdae asked, not bothering to lower his voice.

The waitress snapped her attention to Jongdae, "How much?"

"What?" Tao and Jongdae said in unison.

"A night, how much a night?" she repeated. The lady from across the small diner shot her hand up shouting that she wanted to know too.

Know what?

Tao was confused along with Jongdae. They didn’t know what these ladies wanted to know, "What do you mean?"

"Oh! It’s on again! Turn up the TV!" the lady from across the diner shouted excitedly.

The waitress ran to the small flat screen on the wall and turned it up. What Tao and Jongdae proceeded to see let them know exactly what these ladies were inquiring. On the TV was the promotional release of Agit Night. It started out with a shot of the building, the attractions within while elegant music was playing in the background. A sudden clip of Kris walking down the hallway, passing Tao who was leaning against the wall under a light fixture appeared. Kris opened a door where Yixing was sitting and playing the piano passionately, Xiumin ily eating a few grapes. Kris walked pass them into the sitting room where Jongdae met eyes with him daringly before looking away, the dark eyeliner around his eyes making it seem more mysterious than it was. And finally a full f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter