Chapter Twelve | Let It Begin

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan awoke with a start, his hair stuck fast to his forehead and his breathing hard within his aching chest.

He had been having dreams lately, usually of babies crying loudly and him drowning in a sea of hands tugging at his flesh in every direction.

Grabbing onto his wet shirt, he tugged it off and over his head. He needed his morning shower desperately. Slowly, he allowed his warm feet to touch the carpeted floor of his small room, as he rose to his full height. He stumbled slightly from the sheer exertion, heat surrounding his head as the cool wind from the central air blew onto his wet body, causing him to shiver.

He needed that warm shower, and fast.

It wasn't the overwhelming thought of this new job, at least, he didn't think it was and it wasn't any of the clients that had requested him lately. They were all very cordial and from esteemed back grounds, so they had proper respect, and many of them were so shy, it was impossible for them to give him a hard time. Except one girl named Cece, she was slightly different, maybe her age made her more confident, but he had exceptional fun that night and the pay wasn’t too bad either.

No, none of his problems had to do with Agit Night.

Sehun and Her...

That baby...

The thought of them made Luhan shiver. He knew that noise of a baby crying in his dreams was the sound his future son or daughter would make. He knew the greedy hands grabbing at him, are the hands of his family, snatching at what little he had to offer. They were suffocating him and it was unbearable.

As he promised, the first check he received was sent to them without delay. They had been on his back regarding preparing a room for the baby and they needed funds from him to do so. Waiting for money to come after the baby was born was out of the question. He couldn’t understand why they need all of that for a mistake, but still he cooperated.

Before he was even able to cut them a check worth anything, he had requested Jaejoong to explain to him, exactly how Agit goes about paying its employees.

Turned out the results were rather simple but complicated at the same time, since they all worked on level pay, the pay was the same no matter what a client may pay to request them. However, in order to determine their level, it was based on Brief System and expertise. Escorts were on a ratio of less pay than Bedders and D.E’s. Escorts predetermined pay was only $1,000.00 a month flat, while D.E’s were $1,500.00 and Bedder’s, $2,000.00 per month. So, the perks of rising in brief level was the level the pay increase.

Every level raised, the predetermined salary based on expertise is increased by $500.00 starting from the dark grey brief level.

Luhan couldn’t complain too much when finding out this information. Essentially that is not enough money a month to take care of a family, but since Agit takes care of its employees worldly needs, such as shelter, clothing, and food, all he really had to do was budget what he spends and save everything else. Plus, the benefits of having individual customers, was the tips they left. That added money never failed to put an extra bang into his wallet.

He may have felt slightly put off, however, at the fact that he was the only , therefore leaving him as the least paid suitor amongst his other roommates.

Knocking twice on the bathroom door, he waited for whoever occupied it to come out. He could hear the sounds of clanging pots in the kitchen, letting him know that Yixing was awoke. And wherever Yixing was, his dark shadow - Tao - was very close behind.

He knocked again wondering what was taking so long. There was no sound of a toilet flushing or shower running, so whatever the occupier was doing, he needed to hurry it up.

He raised his hand to knock again when the door flew open revealing the dark eyes of Jongdae, bored as usual with a hinting smirk on his lips.

"Up for your morning shower?" The dark haired boy asked his voice sounding razor sharp.

Luhan grew goose bumps along his skin again. Something, though he couldn't put his finger on it, was not right about the younger man standing across from him. He wanted to respond heatedly to Jongdae, but he knew the other would just shut the door and make him wait until he was through being spiteful.

"Yes, I am ready for my shower, do you mind?" he asked the boy blocking the bathroom entrance.

"Of course I don't mind," Jongdae smiled. He enjoyed teasing Luhan, "it is a good thing that you value cleanliness. It is so hard to come across clean males nowadays, you know?"

"Are you trying to start a conversation with me?" Luhan replied, heat crawling up his exposed chest.

"Why? Don't you want to talk to me?" Jongdae smirked seeing the impatient anger crawling through the others flesh.

Luhan growled in his throat before grabbing a fist full of Jongdae’s shirt and shoving him out the way. He stomped into the bathroom, sparring the shocked Jongdae a glance before slamming the bathroom door.

Jongdae just laughed, loving whenever he made Luhan get physical with him. His patience was so thin, yet he was the unfortunate soul that was going to be a father. Such knowledge entertained Jongdae. With such a temper, Luhan's poor child was sure to end up in a predicament similar to Tao's.

The smile on Jongdae's lips faded slightly at the thought of Tao. The boy was extremely needy and overly comfortable at the same time. He didn't like seeing the younger one always wandering around after Yixing as if that was his replacement for a failure of a mother.

It was nearly sickening how manly and scary Tao came across until he opened his mouth and out spilled the childishness of the young boy. Yixing only cooed to his immaturity, making Jongdae wonder how the younger boy was ever going to learn how to take care of himself.

Jongdae was a strong believer of "when things are taken from you, you take them right back in some other form."

"Why do you always pick with Luhan? He is older than you, so you should show some respect," Xiumin spoke looking wearily at the dazed Jongdae.

He turned his head toward the t man; he didn’t even hear the older approaching.

"Maybe I should,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter