Chapter Twenty Eight

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days for the classes passed by in a blur for the boys. They really only emphasized points that any good employee wouldn’t forget anyway. However, everyone got something they needed out of the class. Kris found that being an alpha, didn’t mean that he had to let all clients call every shot. Yixing found that acting as something he was not, wasn’t a job that he wanted to keep. Tao found that his skills and techniques can be improved to benefit not only the client but himself as well. Xiumin found that no matter what, he can’t show how nervous he was around any new clients since he really only has one. And Jongdae, he was the only one who didn’t leave with anything new.

Confidence however was enforced.

They as employees were obligated to leave an impression on old and new clients. This was the place clients wanted to have all of their wants satisfied.

They were to do no more and no less, because if it didn’t anywhere else, it did there.

Kris rubbed at his eyes tiredly as he looked at himself in the mirror. The bruise on his cheek was barely noticeable, but anytime he flexed his jaw, the pain resonated, letting him know that he had indeed been punched.

It didn’t matter; at least, that is what he told himself.

Jongdae was a guy that you should deal with at a distance. Always being around him earlier on wasn’t an issue. It became one as the younger mood changed and became drearier. It became toxic, and Kris couldn’t stand it.

He couldn’t stand him.

Of course he knew that the boy had experience, he had the knowledge of this company from years of being at Agit Night. He doesn’t have to work hard to gain know all with a record like that. But Kris…he has to work, delve deep, and use his body in order to get the things he wanted.

So naturally, when Jongdae, who just earlier was quivering and begging for his permission to go anywhere became the guy that was seething and commanding him, Kris, to do as he said, simply made him tick.

Kris didn’t have to do anything for Jongdae.

He didn’t owe him anything.

He only owed himself success, achievement…and he would get it. No matter if putting his foot down on someone so susceptible would get him the respect an appointed leader deserved, than he would do it.

He had no friends.

He had no one, not anymore.

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

"The inventory came in Nana," Jaejoong spoke as he flipped through papers, checking last minute schedules and receipts.

She stood, her stripped black and white pencil skirt clinging to her slim frame. Fixing her loosely ruffled, money green blouse, she walked over to Jaejoong, immediately calling his attention to her curves, slick angles that he hadn’t grazed in such a long time.

"That’s good to hear. Exo M has to have a refined style, something different from our other employees…more quirky but chic, youthful yet manly. I think we have found the right vendors, wouldn’t you agree?" she smiled showing her straight white teeth flirtatiously.

"I definitely agree," he peeled his eyes away from her moist lips. Now was not the time to be sidetracked by such things. He was working, planning, and fighting for this business opportunity all by himself. And dare he say it, but Nana was just having too much fun being a tease.

Well not today. She would not tempt him so far and then leave him dry while she had Kris crawling to her, eager and fresh.

She would get tired of him soon enough and Jaejoong wanted to be sure that when she did, he would still be near enough to catch the dropping pieces along the way before they hit the ground and broke.

"The camera crew is setting up inside of room 1950 as we speak. The boys are all in dress preparation. We picked out which style will fit with whom, but the coordinators are particular...it’s what we are paying them for anyway," he mumbled the last part.

Nana hummed in agreement, staring up at her second in command as he struggled to focus on his work. She still had her control and that’s all that truly mattered.

Standing on the tips of her red pumps she left a lingering kiss against the corner of his mouth…so close, yet so far away, "We will leave for the shoot in five minutes. Make sure the shipment gets here on time."

She turned away from him, her eyes dragging dangerously along his body, clad in fitted black slacks and deep blue button up.

Of course she wasn’t late enough to notice his eyes dropping down to her lower backside as she walked away.

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

Xiumin was feeling awkward dressed in black booths with black calf length socks. His dark blue shorts above the knees and firmly pressed. The plan white shirt tucked in and covered by a matching black suit jacket to the material of shorts he was wearing.

His dark brown hair was jelled up into a mature hairstyle and make up was added to his face, giving him a flawless look.

Today, he had to model.

He didn’t know how.

When Luhan came from out of the room with his cooper hair perfectly quaffed, wearing an elbow length button up shirt covered by a black vest. Grayish white denim straight leg pants and matching booths to his own, he questioned if Agit was going for an elegant look.

They both were dress up, and yet, they were dressed down at the same time.

"What concept do you think they are trying to portray? I am so used to wearing slacks and button ups, it felt weird putting on shorts," Xiumin whispered quietly to Luhan who just snickered.

"I have no idea, but these clothes are specially made by Armani," Luhan all grins, burst out.

"And?" Xiumin replied.

"Dude, we are wearing Armani! You wouldn’t be able to afford such clothes otherwise," Luhan explained passionately.

Xiumin rolled his eyes as custom, "yeah so you obviously spend money on needless things. I hope you plan on making a budget for that baby you have coming."

"Yeah just keep bringing up my faults wont you?" the younger responded sarcastically.

"Will do, I feel like that’s my job anyways," Xiumin replied.

Just as Luhan was about to retort, a man shorter than them both walked into the room. He seemed very serious with his glasses and shoulder length hair, "Great, you look great. You two will be in the first shot together, so I need you to come to the boss’s floor. It will be an office theme celebration. However, you will be leaning against he sign that points to her private room, giving off a sense of risqué behavior between the boss and employees. Come follow me," he spoke rather excitedly.

Luhan and Xiumin both shot each other pique looks as they followed the short man out of their suite and into the elevator.

 

 

~~~~~~~

 

 

All long body, broad shoulders, and a smooth but authoritative face came out from his room dress simply in dark blue slack, with a matching elbow length dark blue suit jacket. The plaid tan shirt was hidden underneath and further covered by the black tie.

Kris commanded everyone’s attention as a separate photographer called him to attention. A hair stylist followed after, flipping his freshly pressed honey blonde hair over his forehead.

"Kris correct?" the photographer spoke. Kris only gave the man eye contact, signaling that he had heard him.

"Why don’t you sit on this leather seat? I was told that you were the leader of Exo M, so I need you to look like a boss. The white watch on your hand will signify the time restraint passed between each employee and client. So I need you to look at it as if commanding time, but not being pushy with the clients. You think you can do that?"

Kris only gave a questioning glare as he slouched into the seat.

 

 

~~~~~~~~

 

 

Xiumin was quickly pulled from his first shoot to change outfits. The white skinny leg denim jeans was pulled upon him as the low cut black and white shirt was thrown over his head recklessly without messing up his hair. Covered over that was the black zipper leather jacket.

The coordinators pushed him out of the room quickly meeting eyes with straight faced Yixing who was dressed in a shiny dark blue denim material button up, studded on the shoulders and pockets of the shirt.

His mustard gold belt stood out against the same styled dark blue shorts Xiumin was wearing earlier.

"Interesting outfit," Xiumin remarked.

Yixing cracked a smile, his dimple coming out, "this isn’t my shoot. I heard from the photographer that he was told you only service one client that liked to eat."

Xiumin made a straight face as he looked down at the table covered elegantly with food and drinks, "Not funny," he mumbled.

"Where is the photographer?" Xiumin asked.

"We are waiting on Tao and Jongdae as well," Yixing spoke.

"I thought this was my shoot?" Xiumin pouted.

"It’s Exo M, Xiumin. So yes, you have to share," Yixing laughed.

Xiumin just crossed his arms as the photographer from Xiumin and Luhan’s shoot came in followed by dark eyed Tao and Jongdae.

Tao in a classic white button down and black bow tie, with matching black shorts and his eyes outlined heavily in black eyeliner. Jongdae walked in behind him in a loose sleeveless white shirt and sleeveless leather jacket, wearing navy blue shorts as well. His black hair was frayed in the front and covered by a buckled leather cap.

"You two look dangerous," Yixing said, eyeing both Tao and Jongdae. Tao shot him a worrying look while Jongdae didn’t bother making eye contact with any of them.

"Ok guys! This shoot was inspired by Xiumin’s client. Food is the motto, but we want you to portray it ily. It’s not about the food being delicious, it’s about you as Exo M being delicious in comparison to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter