Chapter Fifty Nine

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He didn't know how Yixing convinced him to do what he was doing now. He just wanted to ask the boy one question, but the older male had went off on a tangent about not letting go those who you know loves you, and making amends with those who have done you wrong so you can lead a happier life. Something was definitely bothering him at that moment, but Tao couldn't get around to asking before Yixing him and told him to do the very thing he was doing now.

He was standing outside of his old apartment complex, the door of his parents on the second floor, waiting for him to knock.

This was everything but sane according to him. The woman that beat him and the man that just watched. His father never did anything to stop her, he just let it go on and on while he jeered as if he was watching a game on the television.

Supposedly, according to Yixing, Tao was there to seek closure because there was no way he would be returning to his old home. He had already made his decision to stay at Agit Night. He wanted to save up some money and make something of himself. That innocent boy who knew not how to take care of himself, and who let his parents run all of his confidence into the ground, didn't exist any longer.

All he had to do was knock to prove it.

That was harder done than said. The night before, he was so worked up over the matter he felt like pulling his hair out. He didn't sleep, nor did he eat anything once morning became apparent because of the clocks digits.

Though he was nervous, he found that this was something that he desperately wanted to do. He wanted to see the face of his mother. Not like she had last seen him- and shriveling away from her poundings on his flesh, caught with her own friend-no, he wanted to see her standing on his own two feet. He wanted his head to be held high, he wanted to speak fluently without shame or stutter, he wanted to show that he didn't need them.

He wanted so much, but inside his mind, there still was a pinch. It was incessant and aggravating, but it told him that he would never be brave enough to go through with it.

To forgive them and move on.

He couldn't even stomach the thought of being a knock away from seeing their face. No matter how easily persuaded his was by Yixing, or how nervous he was last night to see them, now that he actually stood there-outside of their home-what was he to do but feel sick?

Closing his eyes and taking a deep breath one last time, he moved forward. Feet carrying his dizzily up the stairs into the hallway. He moved in a familiar way, knowing every crack in the ground from the old to the new ones he didn't recognize because of his absence. It calmed him, but also let him know that things change, and some things get worse for wear as time goes on. Only more cracks form to adorn the ones already present.


~~~~~~~~~


“How are you feeling? Last night didn't tire you out too much, did it?”

Xiumin loved hearing his favorite lady ask him this the morning after he would work at Agit Night. She had found him his own little place, but she had the key. On days when she wanted to visit, she could stop by at any time. Of course, Xiumin definitely didn't mind at all. If anything, he wished she stayed longer so they could talk and become distracted with each other.

But she always had other business to attend to. She was a busy woman after all. However, these early morning visits always started his day off just right. Listening to her husky voice, and looking into her deep eyes got his heart pumping as if he had already had his morning glass of water.

“I'm just tired as usual. Going to school, interning, and working all night really takes its toll,” he smiled at her, sitting up in bed to stretch.

“It's almost over. You won't have any ties to Agit after a few more days,” she smiled. “I heard that they would be making racial promotions an annual thing. I guess for another nine months each you will have everyone's race featured. I think its a good idea.”

“You mean it won't just be limited to Asians?”

“According to the PR, and the new Assistant Executive, it'll be an annual thing not limited to just Asians.”

“I hardly get to ask what is going on when I'm there since I have to almost get directly into work. Who is the new Assistant Executive? Wasn't that Jaejoong's jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter