Chapter Twenty Six

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days had passed until it was the day before promotion week. Everyone had proceeded on as normal, everyone except for Kris that is.

It was time for work to take over and for schedules to be filled. Kris knew this better than any of the other boys. They only knew that promotions were upon them, but Kris…he knew what it all entailed. Sure it wouldn’t be hard, they would only need to give up certain luxuries, nothing more nothing less.

It was early morning and Kris lied awake in bed willing himself to get up and rise the others too before they all disappeared for there early day plans.

As leader, he needed to call for a meeting. He needed them all to sit down and just listen to what it was he would soon be demanding from them. Not in his name, of course not, but in the name of Nana and dare he say it…Jaejoong.

Yixing was an early riser so if he could manage to get ready before him then he would consider himself doing good as regards time. So he quickly went about his business of untying the covers from around his body to make it to the bathroom to freshen up for the day that lied ahead.

As he was exiting his room, out came Yixing rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. Kris let out a breath of relief that he decided to move when he did, "Yixing, can you wake the other boys and tell them to meet me in the front room for a meeting after they freshen up?"

Yixing gave him a confused stare but didn’t bother asking questions. He watched Kris leave into the bathroom before walking to the nearest door, Tao’s.

The boy was lying on his back, covered from head to toe in his covers, almost like a mummy. He tipped toed nearer the still form that was sleeping peacefully and pulled the covers back to reveal his face.

His ruffled black hair appeared first before his serene face full of sleep came about. His lips quirking in the corner as if he was having a pleasant dream only he could experience in sleep. Yixing almost felt regretful having to wake the boy, but shook his shoulders nonetheless to raise him.

Tao groaned at the jolting of his shoulders waking up out of rest rather quickly, "What is it?"

Yixing smiled at his tired but soft morning voice, "Kris wants a meeting with us. I don’t know why but I guess it is important."

Tao tussled, aggravated that he have to wake up early for a meeting with Kris. Pouting his lips he began whining at the thought of leaving his warm bed, "Ugh, why YiYi gege?"

"Don’t ask me, ask him. Just go freshen up in the bathroom and then come to the front room," he walked to the door and exited making his way to the next door, Luhan’s.

Opening the door he found Luhan quickly, laying on his side the covers coming half way up to his frame. He too looked pretty peaceful with his slightly swollen morning features. He wasn’t aware how Luhan awoke in the morning so he tentatively moved near his body to give him a quick poke to the cheek. The force caused his lips to pucker with a pop, drool slowly sleeping from the hole in his now parted lips.

Yixing scrunched his face up at the sight, but Luhan seemed to feel the liquid release moving his head up and slurping simultaneously to catch the running saliva before it hit his pillow.

"Luhan, you have to wake up," Yixing spoke.

"Why?" he immediately whined out.

"Kris wants a meeting with us in the front room. He said to go freshen up first and meet him. I am guessing it’s pretty important," Yixing explained.

Luhan gave a halfhearted grunt waving Yixing out of the room as he began to shuffle around on his bed.

Yixing quickly exited moving to the next room near Luhan’s which happened to be Xiumin’s. He cracked the already ajar door open further to enter into the room. Eyes finding Xiumin lying flat on his stomach with the covers over his head and his bare feet hanging from under the comforter, he walked closer to the lightly snoring boy. He reached to tickle Xiumin’s exposed feet watching as the boy immediately drew them up and under the cover for protection.

Yixing snickered slightly deciding not to waste too much time and instead moved to pull the covers from over Xiumin’s head while whispering his name teasingly, "Xiumin, it’s time to wake up."

"Um? Ten more minutes," came his squeaky reply.

"No, Kris needs you to wake up," he whispered.

"Kris? Why are you talking about Kris? You want bedders over D.E’s now?"

Yixing made a confused face, wondering who on earth Xiumin thought he was, "Xiumin?"

"Miss Dinner Time?" he mumbled out in reply.

Yixing wasn’t exactly sure who that was but he knew she was a client of Xiumin’s and now the boy was dreaming about her… "It’s Yixing and Kris needs you in the front for a meeting."

Hands immediately began to grab at the covers as he peeked his slightly swollen eyes open to gage the face he was talking to, "Oh…" he mumbled as a small blush began creeping along his cheeks.

Yixing only laughed lightly before giving him the same directions as everyone else. With only one more door to go into, one more person to awaken, he could feel his nerves picking up. He had never been in Jongdae’s room before, nor did he have any desire.

But he bravely opened the door and walked in. He could barely make out an outline of a person on the bed since the sheets were in order as if no one had slept in the bed at all. But the little mound of someone balled up in a fetal position in the middle of bed let him know that indeed someone was occupying the space.

Though the dark haired boy wasn’t that short, he did look ridiculously small balled up like he was, nearly making a perfect circle with his body.

Yixing didn’t know if he should remove the covers or just try to wake him through the blankets covering his frame.

He opted to not touch him period.

"Jongdae, are you woke?"

There was no reply at all, so he repeated himself with the same answer echoing off the walls…silence.

Yixing was terribly uncomfortable with Jongdae when he was awoke so having to be around him when he was most vulnerable, in sleep, definitely made him feel awkward and nervous. He moved to the top of the bed and slowly but neatly pulled the covers back until the top of Jongdae’s shoulders and ducked head came into view. Pulling them back further gave him a look of the boy’s slender arms that were tightly wrapped around his knees.

He was sleeping like a baby still locked in a mother’s womb, the sight made Yixing think thoughts of defenselessness just looking at Jongdae. His face, not the hard and confident stare that it usually was, instead it was just blank, eyebrows slanted down in worry, open for any attack.

Reaching out, he ran his fingers through his scuffled hair, "Jongdae, its time to wake up."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter