Chapter Five | Yixing

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"I have the bills to pay this month sweet heart, so I can’t get that for you," the sweet older lady spoke.

 

"You always have the bills to pay!" the younger boy retorted.

 

Yixing stared blankly at his mother and one of his younger brothers. It seemed that this was always the conversation amongst their household.

 

What they could and could not afford…

 

What they could afford was nothing, what they could not afford was everything. Yixing was tired of that ratio and he was about ready to do anything to change it. He had looked into a few jobs here and there, but it never seemed to make ends meet.

 

Ever since his father left for the States, his family had been struggling. What could he do with four mouths to feed that he didn’t create?

 

His mother had to be home when they got off from school, so she could only truly work at night, while he tried to work in the day.

 

It seemed everything was just getting harder, and the harder it got, the more desperate he became.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Yixing walked along the barely occupied street toward the address he held in his hand. The young man managed to find a dry cleaning delivery job in the day time, so he can be home at night. The tailored made woman suit he was carrying was making him nervous the longer it was in his care. He didn’t want anything to happen to something so expensive while he was delivering it.

 

He looked up at the red numbers that made up the address aligned on the gold double doors. ‘Agit Night’? He had never heard of the place.

 

His breath caught as soon as he walked in, however. The elegance of the inside was astounding and in every way intimidating. Slowly approaching the huge desk, he leaned over to see a woman with cropped short hair talking on the phone.

 

"Excuse me?" he started but immediately shushed when the caramel colored lady held her finger up to quiet him.

 

"Yes, I will inform him of your request for tomorrow night, yes…yes, I do hope you enjoy it as well…ok, yes mam…ok, have a great day, goodbye," the lady looked up at the waiting man.

 

Yixing stared, big eyed at the woman, "Um, I have a delivery for a Nana?"

 

"Dry cleaning?" she asked.

 

"Yes mam, uh," he leaned down to look at the grey name tag, "Lonno? Yes Lonno."

 

He gave her his best dimpled smile, causing the young lady behind the desk to blush, "Wait till Nana sees you," she smirked.

 

~~~~~~~

 

Nana stared pensively at the delivery boy laughing with the receptionist. She could tell as soon as she heard Lonno’s voice saying to come retrieve her dry cleaning that something was up. Nana never picks up her own dry cleaning that is why she had Jae.

 

But this - boy - he was enough to come for.

 

She walked up to the laughing two, swaying her hips the whole way. Making eye contact with her receptionist, she leaned against the mahogany desk to face the smiling young man.

 

"How can I help you?" she asked with a teasing smile on her lips.

 

Yixing diverted his attention from the female behind the desk to the lady leaning up against it, nearly choking on air.

 

"I um, well, here your clothes?" he stuttered awfully, growing red in the face.

 

Lonno sat behind the desk, staring at the stuttering awkward boy. She gave herself a mental pat on the back for calling Nana out to see him.

 

"You work at the dry cleaner we have contracted here?" Nana asked not bothering to reach for her clothes he was holding.

 

"Yes, ma-,"

 

"Nana, it's Nana," she corrected.

 

"Yes, Nana," he began to blush.

 

"What is your name?"

 

"Yixing," Lonno volunteered before the said man could answer for his self, "and he is only 21 years old."

 

Yixing gave the receptionist a confused stare, a slight smile adorning his lips, before turning his attention back to the dainty lady next to him.

 

"Yixing, I have a position open that needs to be filled. Do you know anyone who is up to making a certain woman very pleased?"

 

His eyes widened hearing her speak those words. Not because they sounded suggestive, but because they sounded like a job offer and he could definitely work with that.

 

"Yes! I do..." he blanked out.

 

"Well, who is it?" Nana smiled.

 

"I can do it!" he raised his hands like an inexperienced child volunteer.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

Yixing didn’t waste time about coming back home the next morning. When he found that he would have to stay over a night on the first day he was apprehensive, but Nana assured him that some times you have to make sacrifices to get the results you want. So he gave in, and he allowed what happened to happen.

 

He hoped through the whole ordeal that his siblings would be alright in the house alone for one night. He hoped his mother reported to work as usual instead of wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter