Chapter Twenty Three

Misunderstood, The
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan sat on the couch in between both Xiumin and Yixng. He was used to talking to Xiumin about his problems but oddly having Yixing as a listening ear was just as soothing. The younger boy chimed in at all the right times. Though he didn’t say much, what he did say was enough to be taken seriously.

"So your brother requested you as a client and you two talked, you didn’t bother letting me meet him," Xiumin paused and gave a pointed look at the cooper haired boy before continuing in his recap. "He started to cry and you told him to stop because "You didn’t want to hear it"?"

Luhan rolled his eyes dramatically, "Sure only pick out the negative things."

"Well why else would he call you selfish? Of course you only think of yourself all the time, but then again you couldn’t even be consoling to him because it made you uncomfortable," he countered.

"Xiumin, what would you do if you had my life? If you slept with your brothers girl and got her pregnant? Then on top of it all, your parents never supported you. How would you deal with it?" Luhan asked with a sarcastic seriousness in his tone.

"Well, first off, that would suggest that I have the same horrible character as you to even think about sleeping with my own brother’s girlfriend. But if I did have such rotten character, and I did those things along with being treated that way, I guess I would be a little selfish as well," he looked up into Luhan’s eyes while reaching for his hands, "but, there is no way I would sit around and not try to change."

"What do you mean by change?" Luhan asked.

"You know what I mean. You have engaged in an act that has given you the most precious gift. There is no way I would want my own child to end up with the same experiences as me," he explained.

Luhan knew what his friend said to be truth. He knew what his brother said to be truth as well, but he just didn’t want to admit it. His life has changed. He is no longer a young man with no worries, where he could just run from place to place with no consequence. No, now he was obligated…he had obligated himself when he stepped out of his place into the place of his brother. He had to be responsible now because someone else’s life depended on it. All it took was for him to admit it, admit he needed to change and then actually do it.

He looked over to Xiumin’s expectant eyes, "What do you want me to say?"

"Say you love your child, and then actually show it," Yixing voice spoke up. Both of the boys looked over to him. Neither was at a lost for what the younger man meant. It was so simple, who could miss it?

"You say that like it’s so easy," Luhan snorted.

"It is easy," Yixing countered. "Nothing is hard about loving little people. I love four little people and none of them I produced. If it takes seeing the little him or her for the first time, then so be it. But you have to love what you created. And you have to show it," he said with finality. Xiumin leaned over Luhan to high five Yixing with a cheesy grin on his face.

Luhan rolled his eyes yet again, but the tightness in his lips let everyone know that he was thinking seriously on the matter. He kept his head down trying to ignore Xiumin’s sudden teasing with Yixing. He didn’t look up until he heard the door shutting and a worried Tao calling out his name.

"Tao is everything alright?" Yixing suddenly shot up, taking in Tao’s out of breath appearance.

Tao shot him a fleeting glance before turning his attention back to Luhan, "You had a male client? If Nana finds out it could ruin you!"

Luhan widened his eyes staring at the dark fellow before him, "how do you know that?"

"Lonno told me, but we aren’t allowed to have male clients!" he said again.

"Hey, I wouldn’t want a male client no way Tao, this is all for the ladies," he smirked.

"Luhan! Nana could fire you!" he said exasperatedly.

"It’s ok Tao, don’t worry," he assured the youngest. Tao truly looked worried over the matter. Luhan smiled at his troubled face feeling warmed slightly by the involuntary gesture.

"Tao," Yixing’s quiet voice called out, "Can I talk to you in private?"

Tao looked at his Gege, feeling apprehensive at his request. The older boy looked up at him like a kicked puppy, but the outline of the rest of his face let him know just how serious he was about talking to him.

He shook his head hesitantly, "Sure Yiyi Gege."

Yixing immediately reached for Tao’s hand, pulling him out of the room into the hallway. Xiumin and Luhan stared after them both wondering if their conversation this time would turn out like their conversation last time.

"Are you going to at least try Luhan?" Xiumin asked bring them back to subject.

Luhan looked back at his friend, "Are you going to help me?"

The round face fellow eye’s widened slightly, but he definitely would help, "Yes, whatever I could do."

~~~~~~~

Kris made his way back to the suite. He was tired, but most importantly he felt quite antsy. It was almost like something bad was going to happen once he got back. He was hoping that no one was engaged in an argument becau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter