Chapter 9

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

             Ji Hyun woke up to the sound of a loud banging on her door. She reluctantly got out of bed and opened the door. When she saw who it was, she instantly felt chills run through her spine and she was fully awake.

            “Luhan? What are you doing here?” Ji Hyun felt like there was glue in saying Luhan’s name.

            “Is there something you need to tell me?” Luhan sternly asked.

            Ji Hyun placed her hand on her stomach, thinking that Sehun probably told Luhan about her being pregnant. “Luhan… I-“

            “Ji Hyun, why didn’t you tell me you were sick?” Luhan reached for Ji Hyun’s hands, but she quickly moved. “Ji Hyun, is that you wanted a divorce?”

            “Luhan, I’m not sick,” Ji Hyun said. “Whoever told you that was lying.”

            “But Sehun told me-“

            “Whatever Sehun told you was a lie. I’m not sick and I’m not dying, okay? I’m divorcing you, because I want to.”

            “Ji Hyun… You don’t have to lie.”

            “No, Luhan. I think you need to face that we’re getting a divorce,” Ji Hyun replied. “I’m sorry.”

            “There’s nothing that I can do to change your mind?” Luhan asked. Ji Hyun just shook her head, knowing that if she said anymore words, the tears in her eyes would cascade down. “Ji Hyun I-“

            “Don’t say you love me, stop saying you love me. You’re not supposed to love someone that is going to divorce you.”

            “Ji Hyun, please, are you sure you want to get a divorce?” Luhan asked.

            Ji Hyun looked up at Luhan and saw how upset he looked. The fact that he was trying so hard for Ji Hyun to change her mind, she felt nothing but heartache. “Why do you even want to be with me?”

            “Because I love you.”

            “Why do you love me?”

            “I love you, because without you, I’m nothing. I want to be with you, because I want to wake up every morning next to you and know that no matter what happens, good or bad, I’ll be okay because you’ll be by my side.” This time, when Luhan reached for Ji Hyun’s hand, she didn’t flinch when they made contact. “I need you because I love you Ji Hyun.” Luhan pulled Ji Hyun closer, only inches away from each other. He wrapped his arms around her waist and rested his forehead on hers. “I don’t want to spend another second away from you, I love you Ji Hyun.”

            “Lu-Luhan, I don’t think…” Ji Hyun tried to push Luhan away, but he wouldn’t budge. Luhan lifted Ji Hyun’s chin, their lips lightly brushing on each other, making Ji Hyun feel weak. She couldn’t take it anymore, the touch, the feel, everything. The adrenaline was rushing through her, she couldn’t think straight anymore. “I love you too.” She crashed her lips with his and hoisted herself wrapping her legs around Luhan’s waist.

 

            As if Chanyeol didn’t have enough to deal with already, but the fact that Taeyeon’s marriage to him was out to his parents, they had to talk. Mr. and Mrs. Hwan went out with a couple friends so Chanyeol was safe… For now at least. He kept replaying last night over and over in his mind, thinking about how Ji Hyun slapped him after he called her a . He felt the need to apologize, but at the same time he thought Ji Hyun should at least have the thought to apologize as well. The thing that really bugged Chanyeol was when Ji Hyun asked him why he would hit a dying pregnant woman.

            “Ji Hyun is dying… and she’s pregnant?” Chanyeol thought to himself.

            “Channie Hyung!” Ha Joon came running up to Chanyeol, holding a huge teddy bear and a ballon in his hand. “Channie Hyung, I had a lot of fun with Taeyeon today!”

            “That’s good,” Chanyeol smiled. “What did you do with Taeyeon?”

            “We went to the carnival and then we went to go get ice cream and then we came back home,” Ha Joon looked up at Taeyeon who was smiling at Chanyeol. “Channie Hyung, I miss Luhan Hyung.”

            “Why do you miss Luhan? You spent the afternoon with Taeyeon,” Chanyeol asked. Lately, Ha Joon has been telling everyone that he’s been missing Luhan. Chanyeol wasn’t sure if Ha Joon exactly knew what was going on, but he did know that Ha Joon could sense there was something wrong.

            “I know, but I miss Luhan Hyung,” Ha Joon replied. “I wonder if Luhan misses me as much as I miss him.”

            “Of course he misses you, who wouldn’t miss you,” Chanyeol said.

            “How come Luhan Hyung does come over as much as he used to?” Ha Joon asked Chanyeol.

            “Uh…” Chanyeol shifted in his seat unsure how to answer the question. “You know Luhan, he’s always so busy.”

            “Oh, I wish Luhan Hyung wasn’t always so busy… I should ask Luhan Hyung if he wants to get some ice cream with me!” Ha Joon face lit up thinking about spending time with Luhan again. “I’m going to call him right now!” Ha Joon ran into the kitchen to grab the phone, leaving Chanyeol and Taeyeon alone.

            Taeyeon sat next to Chanyeol. “Have you spoken to your parents yet?” She asked nervously.

            “No, they left early in the morning, so I didn’t get a chance,” Chanyeol said.

            “Do you think they’ll hate me now?”

            “Why would they hate you?”

            “Because this was completely unexpected, your family thinks I’m probably some that goes around getting pregnant,” Taeyeon said. “Your sister is probably going to hate me.”

            “My sister would never say anything bad about you,” Chanyeol assured, knowing Ji Hyun wouldn’t, but his parents probably would.

            “What if they do? Chanyeol, I really want your family to like me.”

            “They will, don’t worry. They just need some time to take all this in and before you know it they’ll all love you. Ha Joon likes you.”

            “Ha Joon only likes me because I took him to the carnival and even when I did, he prefers Luhan,” Taeyeon pointed out. “When are you all going to tell him that Luhan and Ji Hyun are getting a divorce?”

            “I think Ha Joon already knows, he just doesn’t want to believe it,” Chanyeol admitted.

            “Do you think Ji Hyun still loves Luhan?” Taeyeon asked.

            “Yes, she’s just being stubborn, she just wants attention,” Chanyeol mumbled.

            “Chanyeol, I think Ji Hyun would have a legitimate reason to file for divorce,” Taeyeon said. “She didn’t tell you anything last night.”

            “Uh… No.”

            “Well, I think you should talk to your sister, you two seem to have a really close relationship and it would be a shame to have something like this ruin it.”

            “Okay.”

 

            Jessica forced Kris to go shopping with him since her friendship with Ji Hyun was over she had to get the next best thing. Her boyfriend. Kris followed Jessica around the store, holding her bags and various piece of clothing, he probably would never see again or never see on Jessica. While holding her things, Kris would hear bits and pieces of what Jessica was telling him. So far, all Kris really heard was Jessica complaining about Ji Hyun and Luhan’s divorce and how she would still be Ji Hyun’s friend no matter what the situation was.

            “You know what I think?” Jessica continued on with her mindless chatter.

            “What?” Kris mumbled.

            “I don’t understand, why Ji Hyun would want to divorce Luhan, she says she doesn’t love him anymore, but I don’t believe that. What do you think Kris?” Jessica said.

            “Maybe she just doesn’t want to tell us?” Kris replied.

            “Or maybe she’s hiding something. Should we ask Luhan? Do you think he would know?”

            “I don’t know.”

            Jessica sighed. “I wish Ji Hyun never filed for divorce. Why would she?”

            “Jessica, it’s none of our business, so we shouldn’t be so worried about it.”

            “Don’t you care though? I mean Luhan’s your friend too!”

            “Yeah, but if Luhan needed us, he can call us whenever he wants,” Kris replied.

            “Yeah, I guess so…” Jessica continued looking around, when she looked up, her eyes nearly popped out of her head. “Kris, who does that look like to you?” Jessica turned Kris’s head to the direction she was looking at.

            “Isn’t that?”

            “Reira!” Jessica nearly shouted.

            Reira heard her name and when she saw Jessica and Kris, she smiled. “Kris? Jessica? Hi!”

            “Hi Reira,” Kris tried his best not to sound disgusted at seeing Reira again. “What are you doing here?”

            “Oh, I’m looking for a dress. My husband and I are going to a party tonight, so I want to look nice,” Reira replied.

            “I almost forgot you were married,” Jessica mumbled.

            “Yes, I am. What about you two? Are you two married yet?” Reira asked.

            “No, not yet.”

            “Oh… What a shame, I think you two should, since you two have been going out for such a long time,” Reira said awkwardly. For about two minutes, there was nothing but an awkward silence. “So, how’s Luhan and Ji Hyun?”

            “They’re great,” Jessica made her voice sound high pitched and happy, which was always her voice when she was lying. “They’re so madly in love with each other.”

            “That’s good,” Reira drearily looked around, but still remained keeping a smile on her face. “Well, it was nice seeing you two again, bye.”

            “Bye,” Kris and Jessica both said.

 

            Ji Hyun could barely breathe, under the spell of Luhan. She felt like a completely different person, she felt like she had no more respect for herself for being in love with someone she couldn’t. Just the way Luhan made her feel, whether she was in the worst mood or not, he had his own way of making her his. When they were together, the entire world stopped and to them it was just the two of them alone, together.

            Luhan carefully laid Ji Hyun on their bed, their lips still locked together. Ji Hyun broke away from the kiss, trying to catch her breath before saying anything. “Wait Luhan, I have to tell you something,” She breathed.

            “I love you too,” Luhan started trailing kissed down her neck, making Ji Hyun bite her lips to contain herself from getting lost again.

            “No, I’m… still divorcing you.”

            “What? Why?” Luhan sat up.

            “Because, I don’t think our relationship is right,” Ji Hyun replied. “I don’t know what came over me.”

            “Ji Hyun, do you truly not love me anymore?” Luhan asked.

            “I’m sorry Luhan, but I think you should just sign the divorce papers and move on. Your mom called me last night and told me about the idea about you going back on tour. I think you should go,” Ji Hyun said.

            “Why? Do you hate me that much?”

            “I don’t hate you Luhan, I just think that you need to move on and you will if you go on tour. It’ll help you get your mind off of things.”

            Luhan was about to respond, but his phone started ringing. “Hello?”

            “Luhan Hyung! It’s Ha Joon!”

            “Ha Joon?” Luhan looked back at Ji Hyun who immediately looked down. “What did you need?”

            “Hyung, when are you coming to visit again? I miss you,” Ha Joon said.

            “I wish I could Ha Joon, but I’ve been really busy, but don’t worry I’ll come over again soon. Okay?”

            “Okay,” Ha Joon said sadly. “When you come over I want Noona to come over too, promise?”

            “Sure.” After Luhan hung up the phone, he saw a tear fall down Ji Hyun’s cheek. “Ji Hyun, are you really dying? If you really are, I want to be with you until the very end. If you’re not and if you really want me to leave you alone, I will, because I love you.”

            Ji Hyun slowly slid off her ring finger and took Luhan’s hand. “I’m grateful to have known someone like you Luhan, but I think it’s best if we go our separate ways.” She placed the ring slowly on Luhan’s palm and closed his hand.

            “So, I guess it really is over?” Luhan looked at the ring in his hand, all he felt was numbness in his entire body. Tears emerged in both their eyes as if this was their final goodbye to each other. “It was fun while it lasted.”

            “Go on tour and be the person you were before we met,” Ji Hyun told Luhan. “And I’ll try to do the same.”

            “Goodbye Ji Hyun.”

            “Goodbye Luhan.”

            Luhan returned home to the empty house of what used to be his and Ji Hyun’s. Right in the middle of the coffee table was the divorce papers. For the first time, since he got them, Luhan opened the envelope and took out the papers. He scanned the paper and saw Ji Hyun’s signature. Luhan got a pen and though he was still reluctant to sign it, right on the dotted line he signed his name. 

 

A/N: Sorry that this chapter is a little short, but I wanted to get this up for you guys. Maybe if I'm not busy later, I'll post another chapter tomorrow or late tonight. For this chapter, I had to listen to sad songs to get me in the mood. I listened to Quasimodo, Only Tears, Angel, Tears are Falling, Take Me Away, and In Your Eyes over and over and over again. All these songs, always make me feel sad, but Only Tears has been the only song that has been able to make me cry. 
Besides my crazy sad songs, OMG, Luhan is finally giving up! :O No!!!!!!! 
Oh yeah and LOL to all the people who thought Chanyeol's special friend was going to be Baekhyun. I love Baekyeol! :D