Chapter 27

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

Was it past midnight? Luhan wasn't exactly sure, but his back aching from sitting in the uncomfortable hospital chair made it seem like every minute that passed by felt like an hour. He tried to sleep, but he was afraid if he went to sleep he would wake up to an empty bed right next to him and someone telling him that Ji Hyun was gone. Dr. Choi or an assistant nurse would walk in every hour or so to check on Ji Hyun. How her heart was, if she was breathing fine, anything to make sure nothing was wrong.

Quietly opening the door, Dr. Choi was surprised to see that Luhan was still awake. “Luhan, you can go home if you like. I'll call you if there's any changes in Ji Hyun.”

“I can't leave her...” Luhan tiredly said. “What if... What if she leaves me?”

“She won't leave you, but I think the best thing to do is for you to get some sleep on a nice comfortable bed,” Dr. Choi suggested.

Luhan just shook his head, “No. I won't leave Ji Hyun. I can't leave her. I left her before... and now look at her. I knew I should have suspected something when she asked for a divorce. I'm a terrible person.”

Dr. Choi pulled up a chair and sat beside Luhan. “You didn't know, it's not your fault why all this happened. It just happened.”

“What do I do if I lose her? What is Tae Joon going to do? I don't think I can raise Tae Joon by myself.”

“You won't lose Ji Hyun, she'll be fine, okay? I promise nothing bad will happen. Okay?”

“That's what the doctor said about my dad,” Luhan admitted. “My dad promised he would go to my concert.”

“What?”

“My dad died... I wasn't even there, he was in the hospital for about three months... The last time I saw him he told me to go. He told me to go on tour and follow my dreams.” A tear slowly rolled down Luhan's cheek as he spoke, his voice beginning to quiver. “I told him I couldn't go, but then the doctor, the doctor said he would be fine and nothing bad will happen.”

“Luhan... I'm so sor-”

“For the first month I called him everyday he was fine. My parents were f-fine, my mom was fine everyone was fine. Then I stopped calling him around the second month, I only called him once a week maybe even never and then... it was the day of my concert, the one my dad promised to go to. I finally called him and the doctor answered. Dr. Kim was his name. Dr. Kim told me that my dad died that afternoon. His last words was that he was sorry he couldn't go.”

“I'm sorry Luhan.”

“I had a million concerts, but I only had one dad and I wasn't there for him,” Luhan whispered.

“Doctors try their hardest, but there's only so much we can do. It's the person's body to decide whether or not they want to let go.”

“I lost my dad and my daughter so I can't lose Ji Hyun, because I want Tae Joon to have a mother, I want Ji Hyun as his mother.”

Dr. Choi looked at the monitor checking Ji Hyun's heart rate. “Whatever you told her earlier, she seemed to have gotten a little better.”

“I told her we were meant to be, because we are.”

 

After about an hours of crying, Jessica was in her car. Her car was still in the parking lot of the hospital, since she couldn't bring herself to leave just in case she got a call about Ji Hyun's condition. A single tear streamed down her face as she blew her nose. Her hands were shaking from all the crying and in each hand she had a bundled up tissue.

“Jessica?” Kris knocked on the window causing her to jump.

“Kris?” Jessica rolled down the window quickly wiping her eyes. “What are you doing?”

“I came back to the hospital to get something to eat for Luhan. I know he doesn't like hospital food so I brought him something,” Kris explained. “What are you doing here?”

“I'm crying about losing my best friend.”

“What are you talking about? I'm right here.”

Jessica giggled, “I meant my best girlfriend, but I don't want to lose you either.”

“I don't want to lose you either,” Kris admitted. “I never wanted to lose you.”

“You never did.”

The moment those words left Jessica' mouth, Kris cupped Jessica's cheeks and locked their lips together. Instead of tears of sadness, Jessica had tears of joy streaming down her face.

“I love you Jessica,” Kris whispered leaning his forehead against hers. “I'll always love you.”

“I love you too Kris.”


 

“Chanyeol what are we doing here?” Ha Joon asked roaming around Ji Hyun's house. Chanyeol had Ji Min in his arms as he walked around staring at everything in Ji Hyun's tidy house.

“I want to find something to bring to the hospital for Ji Hyun, don't you want Ji Hyun to feel better?” Chanyeol said.

Ha Joon shrugged, “Maybe Ji Hyun will wake up on her own.”

“She's not in a coma, she's just a little weak,” Chanyeol mumbled.

Ha Joon went upstairs to Ji Hyun's room, which was completely neat and tidy. Her bed was made and nothing was out of place. Ha Joon didn't see anything appealing to bring to the hospital in Ji Hyun's room so he looked into her closet. In her closet it was mostly just her dresses and coats. On the top there was a medium sized black box that almost looked like a present. It was too high for Ha Joon, so he got the chair from Ji Hyun's vanity to get the box. Ha Joon was careful not to drop the box and carefully placed it on Ji Hyun's bed.

“Ha Joon?” Chanyeol called out from the stairs, but Ha Joon didn't answer.

He opened the box and inside was a tiny piano. “Is this a music box?” Ha Joon found the crank to the music box and turned it. Though there was a little bit of scratches the tiny tinkering notes of “Angel” started playing.

“There you are,” Chanyeol said as he walked into Ji Hyun's room. He gently placed Ji Min on the floor. She walked over to Ha Joon mesmerized by the music.

“Why don't we bring this to Ji Hyun?” Ha Joon suggested. “I remember Luhan used to play this for me after my lessons.”

“Okay we'll bring it to Ji Hyun.”

Ha Joon glanced up at his older brother and for the first time Ha Joon's eyes were watering. “Is noona going to die?”

“No, of course not. Ji Hyun is going to be fine, I bet right when she gets out of the hospital she'll get you ice cream.”

“Do you think if Ji Hyun goes to heaven she'll be happy because her daughter is in heaven?”

“She wouldn't want to leave Tae Joon or Luhan though. Do you think Ji Hyun is going to die?”

“No I think Ji Hyun will be fine, but... I think we should worry about someone else.”

“Who?” Chanyeol asked.

“We should go to the hospital,” Ha Joon took the box and walked downstairs.

Chanyeol was confused about Ha Joon, but just ignored it. Arriving at the hospital Ha Joon was reluctant to walk into Ji Hyun's room. He didn't want to see his sister in such pain, but he knew he would regret it. Luhan was sleeping soundly on the chair that was still beside Ji Hyun; earlier one of the assistant nurses brought him a blanket in pillow. He didn't even use the blanked in pillow and instead was resting his head on Ji Hyun's bed. Ji Hyun's hand was still interloped with Luhan's and on her finger was her wedding ring from Luhan.

“Hyung?” Ha Joon whispered. Luhan stirred slightly but didn't wake. Gently placing the music box on the table next to Ji Hyun and Luhan, Ha Joon the music box.

Ji Hyun slowly opened her eyes hearing the music. She turned her head and a blurred figure, which she guessed was Ha Joon.

“Ha Joon?” Ji Hyun's voice echoed because of the oxygen mask.

“Noona?” Ha Joon said happy that she was awake. “Noona, are you okay?”

“I'm fine,” Ji Hyun smiled. “Where did you find that?”

“I found it in your closet, I wanted to bring this to you to see if it would make you feel better.”

“Thank you.” Ji Hyun let go of Luhan's hand, making her hand feel cold again.

Not feeling her touch Luhan woke up. “Ji Hyun, you're awake.”

“I am.”

“Did you need something? Are you hungry? I can get you something to drink? How's your heart? Are you in any pain?” Luhan asked all these questions all in one breath.

“No, I'm just glad you're still here,” Ji Hyun replied.

“Of course, I'll always be here,” Luhan said.

Ji Hyun turned to Ha Joon, “Ha Joon, where's Chanyeol?”

“He's outside with Ji Min, he didn't want to bring her inside,” Ha Joon said. “Noona, are you going to get better?”

“Of course I am, once I get out of the hospital I'll take you out for ice cream,” Ji Hyun promised. “Just like we used to.”

“Okay, bye noona,” Ha Joon kissed his sister's cheek. “Bye hyung.”

“Bye Ha Joon.”

Ha Joon walked outside when he saw Sehun walked towards the room. “Sehun hyung!”

“Ha Joon? Is Ji Hyun okay? Where's Luhan?” Sehun asked.

“Ji Hyun is fine and Luhan's in the room with her, but hyung...”

“Yes Ha Joon?”

“Goodbye hyung,” Ha Joon waved goodbye and headed towards the elevator. Sehun was about to walk into the room, but he stopped himself. He quickly turned back and decided to leave Ji Hyun and Luhan alone.

Luhan and Ji Hyun sat in the hospital room enjoying the sounds of “Angel” being played on the music box. Ji Hyun held onto Luhan's hand as she closed her eyes and hummed to the music.

“Luhan,” Ji Hyun whispered.

“Yeah?”

“G-g-get Dr. Choi... M-m-my ch-chest hurts,” Ji Hyun gasped.

“I'll get Dr. Choi, just hold on okay?” Luhan pressed the button to call for assistance.

“I-I t-think,” Ji Hyun took a deep breath. “I think my h-heart it's f-failing. I need...”

“You need what? Ji Hyun?”

Dr. Choi and a couple of nurses ran into the room and started checking Ji Hyun. Luhan had to move to the side so they could have enough room.

Ji Hyun met eyes with Luhan, “Don't leave okay?”

“I won't leave you Ji Hyun, I promise. I won't leave you,” Luhan replied.

Mr. and Mrs. Hwan ran through the hospital. They just got back from their trip and they were in utter shock when they found out about Ji Hyun's condition. Mrs. Hwan wanted to faint when she heard that her daughter was in the hospital because of her weak heart.

“I should have never gone on that stupid trip,” Mrs. Hwan muttered as she walked over to the front desk. “Um, excuse me-”

“I'm sorry miss can you hold on for a minute,” the nurse said, she was talking on the phone and writing a couple things down in a folder.

“No, I can't wait I need to-”

“Miss you have to wait!” The nurse snapped as she continued to her conversation on the phone.

Mrs. Hwan yanked the phone out of the nurse's hand and slammed it on the desk. “No! I can't wait, where is my daughter, Hwan Ji Hyun! I need to see her right now!”

One of the nurses passing by heard Ji Hyun's name and turned her attention to Mr. and Mrs. Hwan.

“Did you say Hwan Ji Hyun?” the nurse asked.

“Yes, do you know what room she's staying in?” Mrs. Hwan asked frantically.

“Yes, I do but-”

“What room is she in?!”

The nurse looked a little saddened, “Ji Hyun is getting prepped for surgery, I'm sorry to inform this, but if Dr. Choi finds something wrong with Ji Hyun, she'll need a heart transplant or else she'll die.”


A/N: Sorry this chapter was boring! I wanted to get a chapter posted up this weekened. Okay, so I decided I'm going to write another fanfic, but I'm still debating on who I should write it on. I got it narrowed down to Suho or Luhan. You guys can decide and then tomorrow I'll post up the foreword and everything!