Chapter 30

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

It's been a year and a half, Sehun. I don't know how to feel or what to feel. We've had your funeral, cleaned out your apartment, everything. No one really wants to talk about you because they know if we do we'll start crying. I'm pretty sure nobody felt as bad as Ji Hyun. When she woke up she wanted to know who's heart she received and noticed how you weren't there. We didn't even have to say anything and immediately she burst into tears. Ji Hyun has been home, I think you would like how things are now. She moved back into the old house with me and Tae Joon. Though we haven't plan on getting re-married yet, she put her wedding ring back onto her ring finger. Nothing makes me happier than us together and with Tae Joon.

Did I forget to mention? Jessica and Kris finally decided to get married? They haven't set a date yet, but you should see them. You would laugh with Kai and Lay, who thought Kris was never the marrying type and Jessica the one who can't decide on anything. Oh yeah, Kai and Lay are seeing people now. They seem pretty happy and it keeps them busy from thinking about you. Everyone tries to get back to their usual routines, but we still have those moments where something just reminds us of you.

 

 

Today was the first day of spring and you wouldn't believe all the cherry blossoms that bloomed beautifully. It was the day of Jessica and Kris's wedding and you wouldn't believe all the hassle that has been going out this morning. Everyone was bustling through just to make sure everything was perfect for their outside wedding. Cherry blossom petals were everywhere almost like snow. Just seeing Jessica walking down the aisle the look in her eyes that brought Kris to tears. Lay, being the softy he was was crying throughout the whole wedding, while Kai held back in his tears but you could tell he had problems. While this moment was an everlasting moment, you could tell there was something missing... You... You were missing Sehun. It wasn't the same, but we some how made it work. Jessica said that you were always with us because Ji Hyun had your heart. Jessica and Kris have been gone for their honeymoon for about three days and won't be anytime soon. They went to Kris's hometown in Canada and said they would stop by Jessica's as well in the US. Things have been pretty quiet without them, but I think we've managed pretty well.


 

Ji Hyun had the whole day with Tae Joon since I went back to teaching the piano. She decided to go meet up with my mom for some tea. I'm not exactly sure if they're on good terms, but they've worked things out. As usual my mother was at her usual formal tea shop enjoying her mint green tea. Tae Joon was hopping alongside Ji Hyun hold her hand when he saw his grandmother. He ran up to her giving her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek while Ji Hyun took the seat across from her.

“Hello Ji Hyun,” my mother greeted.

“Hello, how are you today?” Ji Hyun formally asked.

“I'm doing well. How about your heart? Has there been any complications lately?”

Ji Hyun shook her head, “Nope, everything's been going well. Sehun's heart has really done me good.”

“That's perfect to hear.”

“Yes, it is.”

“Umma!” Tae Joon squealed. “Tell grandma!”

“Tell grandma what?” My mother curiously asked.

Immediately Ji Hyun's face glowed and she couldn't contain her smile any longer. “Don't tell Luhan or anyone else, but I'm pregnant.”

“Really? Congratulations!” My mother hugged Ji Hyun squeezing tightly. “Are far you?”

“About a month and a half, almost two months.”

“I wonder what the baby is going to be? A girl? If it's a girl I think she'll be the prettiest girl!”

“Don't tell Luhan though,” Ji Hyun reminded. “We can't tell anyone! You were the first person I told. Besides Tae Joon.”

“Don't worry I won't tell anyone.”


 

Of course my mom couldn't keep a secret and she told almost everyone she knows that her son is having another baby. The only person who didn't know was myself. Ji Hyun was waiting patiently for me to come home so she could tell me the good news. I was tired after a long day of lessons and hearing the same song over and over again.

“Ji Hyun! Tae Joon! I'm home!” I said as I walked into the house.

“Appa!” Tae Joon came running towards me with open arms.

“Hey!” I wrapped my arms around Tae Joon hugging him tightly. “Where's umma?”

“Over there.” Tae Joon pointed over to Ji Hyun. She was folding some clothes while humming away to “Angel.” I wrapped my arms around her waist making her squeal a little. I buried my face in the nape of her shoulder inhaling her sweet vanilla scent.

“Hi,” Ji Hyun greeted.

“You smell nice,” I whispered into her ear.

“Stop being weird,” Ji Hyun giggled as she lightly kissed my lips. “Um... There's something I want to tell you.”

“Okay, what?”

Ji Hyun looked at Tae Joon with a smile. “Tae Joon, do you want to tell appa?”

Tae Joon just giggled as if we were going to get him ice cream. “Appa, umma is going to have a baby!”

“A-a a baby? Like you're pregnant?” I was only managed to say. “Ji Hyun, you're pregnant?”

“Yes,” Ji Hyun nodded with tears welling in her eyes. “I am.”

“That's great!” I grabbed Ji Hyun pulling her into a hug and spinning her around. “This is amazing!”

If only you were there Sehun... We would share every moment with you just like how we used to. You were the one who brought us together, we didn't fall apart thankfully, but we still feel that emptiness without you. Maybe it's strange to live a life with you, since you were always there when I needed you. You always told me right from wrong, you were like my crutch when I needed you. Sadly, now I must let go of that crutch and learn how to walk on my own.


 

3 Years later

The snow was covering the entire city of Seoul, but everyone was thrilled as it was another year of the city covered in white beauty. Tae Joon was walking in front of Ji Hyun and I, while his little brother stumbled as he lifted his legs up high just to keep him balance from tripping in the snow. In Tae Joon's arms he had a bouquet of flowers, he read each tombstone just to make sure he was at the right one. When he saw the right one he stopped and gently placed the flowers in front of the tombstone that read: Oh Sehun.

“Hi Sehun hyung,” Tae Joon felt a knot in his stomach seeing his hyung's grave.

“I'm not a hyung!” Tae Joon's little brother pouted as he stood side by side with his older brother.

“Not you Sehun, this Sehun.” Tae Joon pointed at your grave. “This is Sehun hyung, our uncle.”

“Oh!” Sehun waved at your grave. “Hyung, saranghae.” Sehun made a little heart and blew a kiss. Ji Hyun and I finally caught up with our kids as if on cue tears were in both of our eyes.

“Did you say you love hyung?” Ji Hyun asked Tae Joon and Sehun and they both nodded. “I love you Sehun.”

“I love you too umma,” Sehun smiled at his mother.

“She meant Sehun hyung,” Tae Joon mumbled.

“I love both Sehuns,” Ji Hyun said as she kissed Sehun's cheek.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Kai asked. He and Lay approached us with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

“We came to see Sehun hyung, Kai hyung,” Tae Joon replied.

“I thought we were the only ones,” Lay admitted. “But it's nice to see you guys.”

“It's nice to see you too,” I said.

“Tae Joon!” Tae Joon groaned when he heard Krystal, Kris and Jessica's daughter. She tackled him to the floor and buried his face in kisses.

“Krystal get off of me!” Tae Joon snapped as he pushed her off. He started wiping his cheek trying to get Krystal's wet kisses off of him. Jessica and Kris walked over to the group also with a bouquet.

“Wow, everyone's here,” Jessica said amazed. “We truly are friends.” Everyone circled around your grave and just took in the quietness.

“We love you Sehun,” Lay said. “We haven't forgotten you.”

After a couple more moments of silence, everyone started talking about other things. We were all standing under the tree while the little kids were chasing each other. Ji Hyun was the only one who was still staring at your grave. She was kneeling with her hand on your tombstone.

“Sehun,” Ji Hyun whispered. “Your heart is doing well.. I don't really know how to thank you, but... I want you to know that I could never thank you enough Sehun. You are an amazing friend and I love you.”

There is nothing more than I want Sehun is to see you again. I named my son after you, because he reminds me of you. He has that straight face, those cold yet warm eyes, and I think he's getting a lisp. It was almost like he's a reincarnation of you.

“Appa!” Sehun shouted. I looked at my son who was shivering. “Appa, go home!”

“Yeah, it's starting to get cold,” Tae Joon complained.

Ji Hyun interloped our hands together. “We should get home.”

For the first time in a while, I didn't realize how beautiful Ji Hyun's smile was until right now. Just the way your lips always curved perfectly that made her tiny eye smile, it made me melt inside.

“I love you Ji Hyun,” I said.

“I love you too Luhan. I don't want to be with anyone else. I want to be with only you.”

 

 

A/N: Okay guys, this is the last chapter! I just want to cry now! I want to thank everyone for subscribing and commenting and just showing all your love for this story! I really don't know what else to say, but I LOVE YOU ALL! :( Sorry this ending kinda ... But no matter how y this story was it will always have a place in my heart! I want to thank all of you for everything and I hope that you all continue to support me with all my other stories! I'm going to be so sad, because I loved updating this story so much. I know I had my bipolar moments when I would update every day and then there would be my days when I didn't update at all. So I think I should give you guys like a million cookies or something for being able to deal with my craziness. Aside from my D.O. story, you guys can decide who I should write about next, Luhan, Suho, or Sehun!