Chapter 16

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

            “Can you believe him? Why would he let her around Tae Joon?” Ji Hyun was nearly yelling/complaining at her parent’s house. Mrs. Hwan has gone to at least ten cups of tea by now, listening to Ji Hyun and her little rant.

            “Ji Hyun, did you think maybe Yoona is a nice girl?” Mrs. Hwan suggested.

            “Oh yeah she’s a nice girl. She’s a really nice girl to Luhan,” Ji Hyun said sarcastically.

            “Well you can’t just let every girl Luhan dates not be able to touch your son,” Mrs. Hwan pointed out. “What’s wrong with Yoona?”

            “Mom, her and Luhan had when he went on tour.”

            “Well you two were divorced.”

            “Yeah, but I didn’t think Luhan would move on so quickly.” Ji Hyun halted and sneezed for a quick second.

            “Bless you. Well, I really think you should sort this out with Luhan,” Mrs. Hwan replied.

            Ji Hyun crossed her arms in frustration. “Mom you’re supposed to be on my side, why are you defending Luhan and Yoona?”

            “I don’t know, maybe because you have to go through these things when you have a child and you’re not with the child’s father. Don’t get me wrong Ji Hyun, I love you, but I also do love Luhan as well and I don’t think Luhan did anything wrong.”

            “Would you let Mrs. Xi spend the day with Chanyeol behind your back?” Ji Hyun asked.

            Mrs. Hwan laughed, “Like Chanyeol wants to spend any time with Mrs. Xi, he hardly speaks to her. What time is Luhan supposed to pick up Tae Joon?”

            “Right about now I guess. I told him to meet me and Tae Joon here.” Ji Hyun collapsed next to her mom. “You know I saw Baekhyun yesterday at the bar.”

            “Really? I didn’t know he was back in town, you know he was engaged,” Mrs. Hwan said.

            “No, I didn’t really talk to him that much about stuff like that,” Ji Hyun replied. “Who was he engaged to?”

            “I don’t know some girl, I heard he left her though,” Mrs. Hwan informed.

            “I really don’t care if Baekhyun was engaged, I don’t think he cares that I was married to Luhan.”

            “Well maybe it was fate that it didn’t work out? Maybe you and Baekhyun were meant to be.”

            Ji Hyun was surprised that her mother said that to her. Before Ji Hyun could say anything, there was a knock on the door. “I’m guessing that’s probably Luhan.” Ji Hyun looked over at Tae Joon who was playing with his toy cars. “Come on Tae Joon, appa is here.” Ji Hyun picked up Tae Joon, not before sneezing again.

            “Bless you… Again,” Mrs. Hwan said. Ji Hyun decided to just leave Tae Joon to go open the door.

            “Appa?” A huge smile appeared on his face as he followed Ji Hyun to the door. Tae Joon jumped with excitement when he saw Luhan and jumped into his arms. “Appa!”

            “Hey Tae Joon!” Luhan greeted with a big smile. “Did you like spending an extra night with umma?”

            “Yes!” Tae Joon replied.

            Luhan glanced over at Ji Hyun who rolled her eyes at him. “Look, I just wanted to apologize about last night.”

            “Good, me too. I don’t want to fight with you about something as stupid as this,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Me neither, but I just want you to know that Yoona can hold Tae Joon whenever she or I want her to. Is that clear?”

            “So then is it okay when I get a boyfriend that he can hold Tae Joon?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “You have a boyfriend?”

            “You didn’t answer my question.”

            “No you answer my question first,” Luhan said.

            “Well, I asked my question first,” Ji Hyun stated. “I think if Yoona can hold my son then I think my boyfriend can hold your son.”

            “Tae Joon’s not ‘our’ son?” Luhan asked.

            “No, I don’t like saying ‘our’ because if I say ‘our’ it sounds like we’re together and we’re not, so I prefer saying ‘your son’ and ‘my son’.”

            “So who’s your boyfriend?”

            “He’s technically not my boyfriend, but I do like him,” Ji Hyun said.

            “You didn’t answer my question, who’s your boyfriend?” Luhan repeated.

            “Baekhyun.”

            Luhan felt his heart stop hearing that name, he remembered a couple years ago back when Ji Hyun and Luhan first met, Ji Hyun talked to him about Baekhyun once. “That stupid doctor guy you used to like a couple years ago?”

            “He’s not stupid. He’s actually really successful,” Ji Hyun defended. “Unlike you, where you leave on tour to go have with random girls.”

            “You know I’m really tired of feeling sorry for you,” Luhan admitted. “I understand that you’re hurt about me and Yoona, but you don’t think I didn’t feel bad when I found out you were divorcing me. You told Sehun first! You ruined my friendship with Sehun. Did you ever think why everything is this way because you had to go and get those stupid divorce papers?! You know to this day I don’t even know why you really even asked me to sign it.”

            “You’re a jerk.”

            “Appa love umma?” Tae Joon said look at both his parents.

            “I love umma, when she isn’t being a-“ Luhan stopped himself. “See you later.”

            “Yeah, bye,” Ji Hyun mumbled. Luhan was about to leave, when Ji Hyun sneezed again.

            “Bless you, are you sick?” Luhan asked.

            “I’m fine, just go.”  

 

            Today to Tiffany’s surprise, Mrs. Xi wasn’t bustling through papers and laughing with costumers at the bridal store. Instead, she was at home enjoying her backyard garden and enjoying some mint tea. Tiffany wasn’t sure the last time she was at her aunt’s house, since every time she wanted to see her, she would go to the bridal shop. Tiffany was sitting in the gazebo with Mrs. Xi, who was on her third cup of tea, while Tiffany barely managed to even finish away on her first cup.

            “Auntie, do you like Yoona?” Tiffany asked.

            “ That’s a sudden question, why do you ask?” Mrs. Xi wondered.

            “It’s just… I don’t think Luhan should be with her, it doesn’t seem right…”

            “For you or for him?”

            “I mean, don’t you think Luhan has a little bit of feelings toward Ji Hyun still? They had a kid together.”

            “Just because two people have a kid together, doesn’t mean they have to love that person forever,” Mrs. Xi said.

            “I know, but with Luhan and Ji Hyun, I thought they were going to last…” Tiffany sighed. “I still think Ji Hyun and Luhan still have feelings for each other somewhere. I bet Luhan doesn’t even like Yoona like how he loves Ji Hyun.”

            “Did you ever think that Ji Hyun just wasn’t the right girl for my son?” Mrs. Xi asked. “Did you think maybe Luhan was just going through some phase?”

            “Did you ever think that maybe there’s something going on between Ji Hyun or Luhan that we don’t know about?” Tiffany pointed out.

            “Of course not! I know everything about my son and I’m pretty sure he loves Yoona.”

            “You’re pretty sure?”

            “Of course I’m sure! Why wouldn’t I be sure?”

            “Would you be mad if Luhan got back together with Ji Hyun?” Tiffany asked.

            Mrs. Xi laughed. “I highly doubt that.”

            “Why?”

            “Because, I highly doubt Luhan really loved Ji Hyun. No, it was merely just a phase.”

            “What phase?” Tiffany was starting to get annoyed, by Mrs. Xi’s stubbornness. “Do you even care about Tae Joon?”

            “Of course I care about Tae Joon,” Mrs. Xi said rather offended by the question. “I love Tae Joon and I love Luhan.”

            “But you don’t care about Ji Hyun?” Tiffany replied.

            “I care about Ji Hyun…”

            “No you don’t. You don’t care about Ji Hyun, you never cared about Ji Hyun, even when she was with Luhan. You hate Ji Hyun,” Tiffany snapped. “You only like Yoona, because of how much you hate Ji Hyun.”

            “I don’t hate Ji Hyun, I just don’t think she’s right for my son,” Mrs. Xi admitted.

            “Why?”

            “Because…”

            “Because why?”

            “Because, I think it’s weird that Chanyeol is her brother, when really he’s Luhan’s! I think it’s strange that Chanyeol would prefer to be a part of Ji Hyun’s family rather than his real family,” Mrs. Xi admitted. “There are you happy? I don’t like Ji Hyun’s family because they seem so perfect to Chanyeol!”

            “You’re jealous of Mrs. Hwan aren’t you?” Tiffany said. “You’re mad because Chanyeol would prefer to call her mom rather than you. Instead of hating Ji Hyun, why don’t you just hate on Mrs. Hwan?”

            “I’m not jealous of anyone and I certainly do not hate Ji Hyun. This conversation about that family is over.”

            “You really shouldn’t be blaming Mrs. Hwan for being a better mother,” Tiffany said. “It’s not her fault you don’t want to bond with Chanyeol.”

 

            Luhan, Tae Joon, Kris, Jessica, and Lay were all at Luhan’s house outside. Tae Joon was playing soccer with Kris and Jessica, while Luhan watched looking at pictures in his phone. All his pictures were of him and Ji Hyun from before they were even married. He stopped at one picture of them together that made sigh.

            It was autumn and the gold crisp brown leaves were scattered everywhere amongst the green grass. Luhan was impatiently waiting for Ji Hyun, who was setting up the camera on the tripod. Ji Hyun turned the camera over to Luhan and snapped a quick pictured. The camera’s flash nearly blinded Luhan and made him blink a couple times to get his vision back.

            “Ji Hyun, can we hurry up?” Luhan complained. “It’s cold.”

            Ji Hyun looked back at her boyfriend and rolled her eyes. “No, I have to make sure the lighting is perfect!”

            “Why didn’t we hire a professional photographer instead?” Luhan mumbled.

            “How hard can it be to take a picture? Plus this is much cheaper.” Finally satisfied Ji Hyun ran over to Luhan after she clicked the timer button. “Okay, we only have a minute and a half.” Ji Hyun started running her fingers through Luhan’s hair making sure everything was right in place.

            “What are you doing?” Luhan asked, he grabbed Ji Hyun’s hands and he flipped his hair back to how it was before.

            “I was trying to fix your hair,” Ji Hyun replied. “Hurry up! Let me fix your hair.”

            “It’s fine Ji Hyun.” Luhan couldn’t help but laugh at how much of a perfectionist she was being. “Here, let me fix your hair then.” Luhan stepped closer to Ji Hyun, moving a strand of hair from her face and gently placing it behind her ear. He rested his forehead on hers still, lightly caressing her face.

            A smile crept on both their faces, completely forgetting about the picture that was about to be taken. Just looking into each other’s eyes and being so close to each other, made the two instantly smile.
 

            “Appa!” Luhan’s train of thought was interrupted by Tae Joon’s little cries. “APPPAAAA!!!!!!!!” Tae Joon ran over to his father and was tugging at his shirt. “Appa! Krees Hyung!”

            “I didn’t do anything!” Kris said.

            “Kris, stop being mean,” Jessica chastised.

            “But I didn’t even do anything,” Kris muttered.

            “So, did you talk to Ji Hyun about the slu- I mean Yoona,” Jessica asked Luhan.

            “I did.”

            “And?” Kris asked.

            “I just told her that I’m going to let whoever I want hold my son,” Luhan simply replied.

            “Okay…” Jessica said. “Is that it?”

            “Did you know about Ji Hyun seeing Byun Baekhyun?” Luhan asked.

            “The hot doctor guy?” Jessica started smiling and felt flustered thinking about him, until she saw the look on Kris’s face. “Oh I mean… The… ugly… doctor guy...”

            “Wasn’t she talking to him last night at the bar?” Kris asked Jessica.

            “Ji Hyun went to the bar with that guy?!” Luhan shouted.

            “She saw him there!” Jessica snapped. “They were just talking, it’s not like they were on a date or anything.”

            “Did she tell any of you that she liked him?” Luhan questioned.

            “Do I sense a hint of jealously Xi Luhan?” Jessica taunted. “I bet the former Mrs. Xi Luhan plans on becoming the new Mrs. Byun Baekhyun.”

            “Jealous?” Luhan tried to laugh to make it sound more realistic. “Why would I be jealous? I’m with Yoona remember?”

            “Sure you are,” Jessica replied. “So what are you going to do about Ji Hyun and Yoona’s… ‘friendship’.”

            “I have a plan,” Luhan told Kris and Jessica. “Yoona and Ji Hyun will have to become friends this way because Yoona is over almost all the time. You see the house right next door is going on sale, so I was thinking if I can force Ji Hyun to move it, it’ll be easier for Tae Joon to see both me and Ji Hyun whenever he wants.”

            “And you want to spy on Ji Hyun when Baekhyun comes over?” Kris added.

            “Yes, I don’t want my ex-wife seeing some crummy doctor,” Luhan replied.

            “I highly doubt Ji Hyun will want to move right next door to you,” Jessica said.

            “Of course she will. I know my ex-wife better than anyone. She’ll want to move right next door just so she can spy on me and Yoona.”

            “Don’t you think Tae Joon is going to be a little confused when umma and appa are sleeping right next door to each other instead of the same bed?” Kris wondered.

            “Well, it’s already been three years, so I think he’s caught on, right Tae Joon?” Luhan looked down at Tae Joon who was just looking down at the soccer ball. “Besides, Tae Joon loves Yoona, right?”

            “No,” Tae Joon mumbled.

 

            Ji Hyun’s head felt like someone was bashing her head against a wall. After she was finished sneezing for about an hour, she started to get a slight cough. Instead of going to a regular doctor, she decided to go to Dr. Choi. Ji Hyun was waiting for Dr. Choi like always. Ji Hyun was waiting for about an hour already and was restless. She was planning on just leaving, but decided to wait a couple more minutes.

            “God, I hate waiting,” Ji Hyun mumbled to herself. She nearly fell asleep, when she felt her phone buzzing in her purse. When Ji Hyun saw it was Luhan, she nearly cringed. “Hello?” Ji Hyun tried to cover her cough, but her raspy voice wouldn’t leave.

            “Are you sick?” Luhan asked.

            “Why are you calling me?” Ji Hyun coughed in between words. “Is there something wrong with Tae Joon?”

            “No, I have an idea.”

            Ji Hyun groaned. “What’s your idea?”

            “You know that nice house that we wanted, but we couldn’t get it because we didn’t have enough money, well it’s up for sale and I was thinking about buying it for you,” Luhan explained.

            “The nice two story house with a nice balcony?” Ji Hyun said smiling at how in love she was with the house. “Wait, isn’t that house right next to your house?”

            “Yeah.”

            “Then, I’m not moving in.”

            “No, there’s another reason why I want you to move next door to me,” Luhan replied.

            “What?” Ji Hyun mumbled.

            “If you move in you’ll be much closer and you can keep an eye on Tae Joon more often and you can spy on me and Yoona,” Luhan suggested.

            “You would really think I don’t have a life to spy on you and Yoona?” Ji Hyun laughed at how stupid Luhan thought she was. “Why do you really want me to move in?”

            “I just think it would be easier for us and Tae Joon, okay?” Luhan said.

            “Fine, I guess I can come over and talk to you about it,” Ji Hyun replied. “Bye.” Ji Hyun didn’t like the idea of living next to Luhan and/or Yoona, but she couldn’t resist. It was the house she always wanted. The white marble floor, the spiral grand staircase, everything in that house was a beautiful pearlescent white, that made it feel like you were in a dream. Ji Hyun couldn’t wait any longer and decided to leave.

            “Ji Hyun?”

            Ji Hyun saw Baekhyun and felt a million butterflies in her stomach. “Hi, what are you doing here?”

            “I was here for a meeting. What are you doing here? Are you sick?”

            “I am, but it’s okay it’s nothing serious, I think I just have a slight cough and cold.”

            “That’s good, where are you going now?”

            “Um… Luhan, wanted me to go look at some house, but I already know what it looks like,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Luhan?” Baekhyun said confused. “Why Luhan? And why are you two looking at a house together?”

            “We’re not looking at a house together, he just wants me to live next to him, so it will be easier for Tae Joon, which I don’t really understand,” Ji Hyun explained. “Did you want to come with me?”

            “Sure, I wouldn’t mind. If I come does that mean I get to live with you?” Baekhyun asked.

            “If you want to.” Ji Hyun bit her lip and looked down at the floor so Baekhyun wouldn’t see her blushing. “I’m pretty sure Luhan wouldn’t want you to though, since he’s paying for the house. I think it’s supposed to be my house, oh and Tae Joon’s too.”

            “Well, it can be yours, mine, and Tae Joon’s.”

            “We should probably go, I don’t want to keep Luhan waiting.”

           

            After Luhan hung up his phone and felt accomplished for convincing Ji Hyun to at least think about moving in to the house next door. Yoona pulled into the driveway, when she noticed Luhan talking to a man, who was the real estate agent, outside. When the real estate agent left, Yoona approached Luhan a little confused.

            “Who was that?” Yoona asked.

            “That was a real estate agent,” Luhan happily replied.

            “Why were you talking to a real estate agent?”

            “Because I just bought a house,” Luhan said.

            “Really? The house next door?” Yoona asked.

            “Well, the house isn’t really for me.”

            “So why did you buy the house then?” Yoona wondered.

            “I bought it for Ji Hyun.”

            “FOR JI HYUN?!” Yoona shouted. “WHY FOR HER? I HATE HER!! SHE CALLED ME A AND A HOMEWRECKER!”

            “Technically Jessica called you a and you called yourself a home wrecker,” Luhan pointed out.

            “Luhan!”

            “Which you’re none of those. But you have to get along with Ji Hyun, you have to be friends with her.”

            “Why?” Yoona complained. “Why do I have to be friends with her?”

            “Because I don’t think I would want to be with someone who can’t get along with Tae Joon’s mom,” Luhan said. “I want you and Ji Hyun to become friends.”

            “Fine… I guess I’ll try just for you.”

            Luhan leaned in about to kiss Yoona, when they heard Ji Hyun’s coughing. When Luhan saw Ji Hyun he instantly smiled, but when he saw Baekhyun behind her his smile faded.

            “Are we interrupting?” Ji Hyun asked. “Where’s Tae Joon?”

            “He’s sleeping in the house,” Luhan answered, not making eye contact with Ji Hyun.

            “Hi Ji Hyun…” Yoona greeted awkwardly.

            “Oh um… this is Byun Baekhyun,” Ji Hyun introduced. “Baekhyun, this is Luhan’s… Friend, Yoona.”

            “I know,” Yoona replied. “We’ve met before.”

            “Really? Where?” Ji Hyun said surprised.

            “Well-“

            “Baekhyun was engaged to my friend,” Yoona interrupted Baekhyun. For a brief moment, there was an awkward silence between all four of them.

            “So are you going to move in?” Luhan asked Ji Hyun.

            “Yeah… I guess I am.” 

 

A/N: I think this was a pretty long chapter and I have to say I feel pretty some what proud of this chapter. So, now that Ji Hyun is going to be neighbors with Luhan, how do you think that's going to play out and Yoona is going to attempt to be friends with Ji Hyun, even though we all know she'd rather die than be friends with her, but that's how much she loves Luhan. I'm pretty sure you guys are all wondering where our Thehun has been, well he'll return in our next chapter! :D 
BTW: I was going to have a poll, but I'm too lazy to put it on here, but do you guys still want Ji Hyun and Luhan to end up together? Or would you prefer Ji Hyun/Baekhyun and Luhan/Yoona?