Chapter 18

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)


        “So you can’t come to my mom’s stupid ball thing on Saturday?” Luhan was talking on the phone with Yoona.
        “I’d love to, but I can’t. I have to go out of town,” Yoona replied.
        “Why do you have to go out of town again?”
        “I have to visit an old friend for my mom, I’ll be back on Sunday,” Yoona told Luhan again for the hundredth time.
        “Who am I supposed to go with now?” Luhan asked.
        “No one! You just be there to support your mom!”
        “When are you leaving again?”
        Yoona sighed, “Today, remember? I’m coming by to say goodbye to you and Tae Joon, that is if Ji Hyun lets me.”
        Luhan sighed, trying to think of something else to say to Yoona, when the doorbell rang. “I’ll talk to you later, someone’s at the door.”
        “Okay bye.”
        Luhan opened the door, it was Ji Hyun and Tae Joon. “What are you two doing here?”
        “Well, I’m going over to Baekhyun’s to say goodbye since he’s going out of town today  and I thought you would want to spend time with Tae Joon,” Ji Hyun said. “I know if I don’t want Yoona around Tae Joon, I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t want Baekhyun around Tae Joon.”
        “Actually, I think you should let Tae Joon say bye to Baekhyun.” Luhan surprised Ji Hyun saying those words to her.
        “What?”
        “I want us to have a good relationship Ji Hyun, so I’m okay if Tae Joon is around Baekhyun,” Luhan admitted.
        “What?” Ji Hyun repeated, she wasn’t exactly sure what she was hearing was real or not. “You want Tae Joon around Baekhyun?”
        “Yes, I want Tae Joon to have a good relationship with Baekhyun, if you really like him then I think Tae Joon should like him too,” Luhan replied.
        “Thank you? I guess it should be in return then, if Tae Joon can be around Baekhyun then I guess he can be around Yoona too.”
        “Really?”
        “Yes.”
        Luhan smiled, “Thanks for compromising with me, let’s try not to fight, okay?”
        “Okay,” Ji Hyun agreed. “I don’t want to fight either.”
        “Are you going to my mom’s charity event on Saturday?”
        “Yeah, I am, but since Baekhyun is going out of town I’ll be going alone,” Ji Hyun replied.
        “Well Yoona is going to be out of town too, so… um…”
        “Yeah?” Ji Hyun thought that Luhan was going to ask if she would go with him, she knew if he did ask her she would have to say no, but at the same time she wanted to say yes.
        “I guess I’ll see you there.”
        “Okay… Say goodbye to appa Tae Joon.” In a way, Ji Hyun wanted to tell Luhan that she would love to have gone with him, but she didn’t he would feel the same way if she did.
        “Bye appa,” Tae Joon leaned in to give Luhan a kiss on the cheek.
        “Bye Tae Joon,” Luhan replied.
        Ji Hyun just waved goodbye to Luhan and made her way to her car. She glanced back at Luhan only to see that he already closed the door. Tae Joon saw the sadness in Ji Hyun’s face and hugged her tightly wrapping his arms around her neck.
        Lay was still half asleep when someone came knocking at his door. Though he would have just let whoever was at the door just keep knocking the door until they would get the hint and leave, this person wouldn’t leave! They were knocking for about ten minutes already and Lay couldn’t go back to sleep with all the knocking and banging on the door.
        “Who is it?” Lay tiredly asked.
        “Kris.”
        “Kris?” Lay opened the door and saw Kris with two suitcases and a carry-on bag with him. “What’s with all the bags?”
        “I moved out,” Kris said. “Can I come in?”
        “Sure?” Lay moved aside so Kris could come in with his entire luggage. “Why did you move out?”
        “Because I didn’t want to marry Jessica,” Kris mumbled.
        “Wait, you and Jessica broke up?!” Lay exclaimed, he was now fully awake now to the news. “You two broke up?! You guys were together for like five years.”
        “Seven actually, but who’s counting,” Kris corrected.
        “Wait, so let me get this straight, you and Jessica broke up because you didn’t want to marry Jessica?” Lay said.
        Kris nodded, “Yes.”
        “Why don’t you want to marry Jessica? Jessica is nice, she’s tolerable… Most of the time.”
        “I’m not the marrying type you know that,” Kris replied.
        “Yeah, I remember you said that when you were in high school, but I thought Jessica would change your mind. Aren’t you going to try and get her back?”
        “What’s the point? She doesn’t want to get back together unless I marry her and I don’t want to marry her.”
        “But don’t you love her?” Lay asked.
        “I don’t love her if she’s going to make me marry her.”
        “That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard,” Lay mumbled.
        “Well, I don’t want to get married,” Kris stated.
        “Yeah, but don’t you want to be with Jessica?” Lay pointed out. “Just marry her.”
        “I don’t want to.”
        “You’re being stubborn! Stop being like Luhan and Ji Hyun!” Lay shouted.
        “I’m not being stubborn and Luhan and Ji Hyun are way worse than this,” Kris snapped. “We were friends first, so don’t take Jessica’s side.”
        “Yeah, but Jessica and Tiffany took Ji Hyun’s side and Jessica was Luhan’s friend first and Tiffany is Luhan’s cousin.”
        “We’re not talking about Tiffany or Luhan or Ji Hyun though. Can we just drop this?”
        “Hyung, I care about you and Jessica a lot, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to just break up with Jessica because you don’t want to marry her.”
        “Thanks for your advice, but I don’t think I’ll be taking it anytime soon. I’m sorry Lay but this is how I feel right now. Now where do I put my stuff?”
        “You can put your stuff in the guess room,” Lay replied pointing down the hall.
        “Thanks Lay.”
        “No problem, but I’m only letting you stay here because I’m your friend and not because I support you not wanting to marry Jessica.”

        Ji Hyun’s heart dropped when she reached Baekhyun’s house. Just the thought of him leaving town (even if it was just for three days) made her heart wrench. Tae Joon was sleeping in the back, just like his father, his mouth was slightly open, his long curled lashes perfectly in place, and most importantly, nothing could wake them up. Ji Hyun took Tae Joon out of the car seat, waking Tae Joon up for a brief minute.
        “Umma…” Tae Joon whimpered as he rested his head on her shoulder, trying to go back to sleep.
        “We’re going to say goodbye to umma’s friend, Baekhyun, okay Tae Joon?” Ji Hyun knocked on Baekhyun’s door waiting.
        Tae Joon quickly lifted his head up. “Bacon?”
        “Baekhyun,” Ji Hyun corrected.
        “Bacon!” Tae Joon shouted.
        “No Tae Joon, Baekhyun.”
        “Umma, Bacon!” Tae Joon was frustrated trying to perfect himself.
        “No Tae Joon, Baekhyun.”
        “Bacon.”
        The moment, Baekhyun opened the door, his eye smile made Ji Hyun’s heart melt. “Hi,” He greeted.
        “Hi,” Ji Hyun replied. “Tae Joon and I wanted to say goodbye before you left.”
        “You two should come inside,” Baekhyun suggested. “My flight doesn’t leave for another hour and a half.”
        “Well you should probably get to the airport just in case,” Ji Hyun replied. “But thanks for the offer.” She set Tae Joon on the floor still holding his hand.
        Baekhyun just nodded. “Well, I guess I’ll see you Monday.”
        “Bye Baekhyun.” Ji Hyun looked at Tae Joon. “Tae Joon say goodbye to Baekhyun.”
        “Bye Bacon Hyung,” Tae Joon sheepishly waved goodbye to Baekhyun.
        “Bacon?” Baekhyun said confused.
        “He doesn’t know how to pronounce your name yet,” Ji Hyun said.
        Baekhyun knelt down so he and Tae Joon could make better eye contact. “Tae Joon, can you promise me something?” Tae Joon just responded with a nod. “Can you take care of umma when I’m gone?”
        Tae Joon nodded again. “Where are you going Bacon?”
        “I’m going to go on a business trip, but I’ll be back, okay?”
        “Okay, bye Bacon.” Tae Joon wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s neck.
        “Bye Tae Joon,” Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Tae Joon pulling him into a hug. Baekhyun stood back up looking at Ji Hyun. “I guess I’ll see you Sunday.”
        “Yeah, bye Baekhyun,” Ji Hyun replied.
        “Bye Ji Hyun.” Baekhyun stood there awkwardly; he glanced back at Tae Joon who was now staring at both his mom and Baekhyun. To Ji Hyun’s surprise, Baekhyun leaned in closer and kissed her lips lightly. “Bye Ji Hyun… Again.”
        “Bye.” Ji Hyun felt her face become extremely hot and red, but even though she was blushing from the kiss, there was something telling her that her quick kiss with Baekhyun wasn’t right.
        Ji Hyun was heading back home, since Baekhyun had to go to the airport to leave and she had to give Tae Joon to Luhan, so Tae Joon could say goodbye to Yoona. When she pulled into the driveway she already saw Yoona’s car. Ji Hyun looked back at Tae Joon who was smiling happy that he was back home.
        “Come on Tae Joon, you’re going to say goodbye to Yoona okay?” Ji Hyun took Tae Joon out of his car seat. “Are you ready?”
        “Yes,” Tae Joon nodded as he followed his mother. Tae Joon knocked on Luhan’s door waiting patiently for his dad to come open the door.
        Luhan opened the door with Yoona right by his side. “Hi Tae Joon.”
        “Hi appa!” Tae Joon waved to Luhan then he turned to Yoona. “Hi.”
        “Hi Tae Joon,” Yoona greeted warmly. “Are you going to miss me when I leave?”
        Tae Joon looked over to Ji Hyun nearly asking her what he should say as a response. Ji Hyun nodded assuring him to say yes. “Yes.”
        “Well, I guess I should probably go,” Yoona said, she turned to Luhan. “Bye, I’ll see you Monday.”
        “Bye,” Luhan kissed Yoona’s cheek, not wanting to kiss her anywhere else in front of Ji Hyun and Tae Joon.
        “Bye Ji Hyun,” Yoona said as she made her way back to her car. Before she left she waved goodbye to Luhan and Tae Joon. Luhan waited until Yoona’s car was out of sight before turning all of his attention back to Tae Joon and Ji Hyun.
        “So do you want Tae Joon to stay with me or you?” Luhan asked.
        “If you want he can stay with you,” Ji Hyun replied. “I really don’t mind, technically it’s still your week.”
        “Okay, come on Tae Joon,” Luhan said as he picked up Tae Joon. “You and appa are going to have so much fun tonight.”
        “Yay!” Tae Joon exclaimed.
        “You know if we weren’t divorced we wouldn’t have to worry about who he would be stay with,” Luhan told Ji Hyun.
        “Yeah I know. Bye Luhan. Bye Tae Joon.”
        “So I guess I’ll see you tomorrow night?” Luhan said to Ji Hyun.
        “Yeah, I guess you will.”
        Luhan and Tae Joon watched Ji Hyun leave. Tae Joon was waving goodbye to Ji Hyun until she was out of sight. Once she was out of sight, Tae Joon looked back at Luhan.
        “Appa loves umma,” Tae Joon said.

        The next morning, Luhan woke up to Tae Joon hitting him in the face. Luhan turned to the other side and saw Tae Joon smiling feeling accomplished that he was able to wake up his father.
        “Appa, door,” Tae Joon said.
        “Is someone at the door?” Luhan asked.
        “Yes.”
        Luhan nearly dragged himself out of bed to get to the door, with Tae Joon following him like a puppy. He yawned before opening the door with Tae Joon mimicking him with a tiny yawn. When he opened the door he was surprised to see Kris with his suitcases.
        “Kris? What are you doing here? And why do you have all these suitcases?” Luhan asked.
        “I’m here because I couldn’t stand living with Yixing,” Kris replied.
        “Yixing? Lay? Wait, you were living with Lay?” Luhan slapped himself to make sure he heard correctly. “Are you sure you don’t mean Jessica?”
        “Didn’t you hear? Jessica and I broke up,” Kris said. He pushed Luhan to the side and placed all his stuff on the side next to Tae Joon.
        “Wait, where was I when this happened?”
        “I didn’t feel like telling you yesterday so I decided to tell you today. Are you going to that ball thing your mom is hosting?”
        “I kind of have to, well not kind of just full on have to,” Luhan mumbled. “So what happened between you and Lay?”
        “Yixing and I decided that even though we’re good friends, I don’t think we can live together,” Kris said. “Plus he was judging me.”
        “Wait, why did you and Jessica break up?”
        “Oh, because I didn’t want to marry her. Ridiculous right?” Kris tried to laugh, but the seriousness on Luhan’s face made it impossible. “Right?”
        “I don’t think it’s ridiculous that Jessica would want to marry after seven years of dating,” Luhan admitted. “I think it’s normal, plus, why don’t you want to marry Jessica?”
        “Because, I’m not the married type, you know that,” Kris replied. “I don’t want to marry Jessica I want to be with Jessica, but not marry her. Don’t you understand?”
        “No, not really Kris. Have you spoken to Jessica at all yet?”
        “No I haven’t, but why should I? Nothing I do will made Jessica take me back unless I marry her.”

        “Ugh! I can’t believe Kris!” Jessica nearly shouted in Ji Hyun’s ear. Jessica has been over at Ji Hyun’s house since 7 AM and was telling Ji Hyun about how Kris didn’t want to marry her. Ji Hyun tried her best to stay awake, but it was impossible. “I can’t believe him! Why wouldn’t he want to marry me?”
        Ji Hyun sighed, “Jessica… Maybe you should talk to Kris.”
        “Talk to Kris about what? About how he doesn’t want to marry me? How he rather be single that still stay with me?”
        “Why didn’t you just stay with him?” Ji Hyun wondered.
        “Because if I stayed with him he would think that we’re never getting married, but I want to get married. I want to be with only Kris,” Jessica answered. “I want to marry Kris.”
        “Maybe when we go to the ball tonight you can talk to him there,” Ji Hyun suggested.
        “Maybe I will talk to him.”
        “What are you going to say to him when you do talk to him?” Ji Hyun asked.
        “I don’t know!”
        Ji Hyun was nearly about to fall back to sleep when the doorbell rang. Ji Hyun almost fell over, but caught herself as she made her way to the door.
        “Umma!”
        “Hi Tae Joon!” Ji Hyun picked up her son embracing him in a long hug. “I missed you!”
        “Sorry for dropping him off a little early,” Luhan told Ji Hyun. “But my mom wants me to and help set up.”
        “No its fine, my parents are coming over here to babysit Tae Joon and Ji Min later anyways, so I’ll see you there,” Ji Hyun replied.
        Luhan noticed Jessica and was a little frightened to see her, since Kris was just next door. “Hi… Jessica, what are you doing here?”
        “Is Kris over there?” Jessica asked.
        “No…” Luhan lied looking down to avoid eye contact.    
        “Don’t lie, I see his car in your driveway,” Jessica mumbled.
        “Okay… Well-“
        “Don’t say it! I broke up with Kris for a good reason and you can tell Kris he can’t talk to me right now or at the ball or EVER!” Jessica slammed the door in Luhan’s face and looked the door. “I hate your ex-husband and your friend.”
        “My friend? Kris isn’t my friend,” Ji Hyun said.
        “Good, because you’re my friend and if you’re my friend that you can’t be Kris’s friend,” Jessica declared.
        “Is this how Luhan and I were?” Ji Hyun was hesitant of hearing the answer from Jessica.
        “Yes, but at least Luhan wanted to marry you.” Jessica walked back into the kitchen.
        “Noona scary,” Tae Joon whispered to Ji Hyun.
        “I know,” Ji Hyun agreed.

        Luhan and Kris arrived to the venue where Mrs. Xi’s charity event was going to be held. The party was going to take place outside under two big white tents, there was a pool filled with lily pad lanterns in them Tiffany was already there telling people where to put everything, when she saw Luhan and Kris she ran over to them.
        “First, can I say how beautiful everything is,” Tiffany made it seem like she won an award gushing to Luhan and Kris. “Second, I can’t believe you don’t want to marry Jessica.”
        “How do you know?” Kris asked.
        “I think I should know, I am Jessica’s friend,” Tiffany rolled her eyes. “I can’t wait till SHINee gets here, my friend Yuri is madly in love with Minho.”
        “Yeah… Don’t care,” Kris said.
        “So what do we have to do?” Luhan asked.
        “Nothing, just make sure you two look nice for you and your dates… That is unless you two have any,” Tiffany replied. “Considering one of your dates are out of town and the other broke up with you.”
        “What about you? Do you have a date?” Kris asked.
        “I’ll be too busy making sure everything is in place for everything and everyone,” Tiffany smugly responded. “Plus, by the end of the night, I’ll be with Onew.”
        “Sure you will,” Luhan said sarcastically.
        “I’m going to go and see what’s over there,” Kris was pointing over at the tables and headed over there to avoid anymore of Tiffany’s nonsense talk.
        “Where’s my mom she wanted us to help out?” Luhan asked Tiffany.
        “She left to go get some more flowers, I don’t think she really wanted your guys’ help anyways,” Tiffany said. “So I heard that Dr. Byun Baekhyun is out of town too.”
        “Yeah so?”
        “So? Are you going to ask Ji Hyun to dance with you?”
        “No, why would I? I’m with Yoona remember?”
        “Yeah I know, but wouldn’t it be nice for you to dance with someone? Someone who’s pretty and smart and the mother of your child?”
        “Funny, but no, I don’t want to dance with Ji Hyun and I don’t think Ji Hyun would want to dance with me.”
        “You don’t know that! At least dance with her for one song, promise?”
        “I make no promises,” Luhan replied. “We should go and get ready for this ‘amazing’ event.”
        “Fine, have fun getting ready, even though you have no one to look nice for,” Tiffany muttered. “Oh, but don’t forget the theme is all white!”
        After Mrs. Hwan came over so she could babysit, Jessica and Ji Hyun headed to the event. Jessica realized that this was the first time in months that Ji Hyun actually looked like she wasn’t a mom. Ji Hyun had her hair curled to the side and was wearing a long white strapless dress with a embezzled with tiny diamonds at the top. When they arrived there were already a bunch of people there. Jessica nearly shouted when she saw SHINee up on stage preforming their song “Hello.”
        “Oh my god, I might die,” Jessica gripped Ji Hyun’s shoulder.
        “Calm down they’re just celebrities,” Ji Hyun said.
        “They’re not celebrities Ji Hyun, they’re gods.”
        “Hey!” Sehun, Lay, and Kai approached Ji Hyun and Jessica. They were all wearing their white tuxedos and had their hair done with no strand out of place.
        “You three look good,” Jessica complimented.
        “Wish we could say the same to you two,” Kai joked.
        Lay nudged Kai’s ribs. “What he means to say is that you two look good too and we’re sorry about what happened between you and Kris.”
        “Wow, who doesn’t know?” Jessica mumbled.
        “If it makes you feel any better I think Kris should marry you,” Sehun said.
        “Thanks, but I don’t really care! If Kris wants he can do whatever he wants, I’m not his girlfriend anymore,” Jessica stated.
        “Speaking of Kris, where is he?” Kai wondered.
        “And where’s Luhan?” Lay added.
        “Kai, I think you should up there and ask for Taemin’s autograph,” Jessica suggested. “I bet he would give it to you.”
        “Uh… No thanks,” Kai replied.
        “Sehun, are you still not talking to Luhan?” Ji Hyun asked.
        “I don’t really think there’s much to say to him,” Sehun replied.
        Tiffany ran over to her friends and gave them all hugs. “What do you guys think? Isn’t it amazing? I worked so hard.”
        “You? What about Mrs. Xi?” Kai said.
        “Oh yeah she worked pretty hard to, but I think I should get all the praise,” Tiffany boasted. “Have any of you seen Luhan or Kris?”
        “No and we really don’t care, we don’t want to talk to any of them!” Jessica snapped.
        “I still want to talk to them,” Lay said sadly.
        “No you don’t!”
        “Hey guys,” Kris and Luhan appeared behind Jessica and Ji Hyun, who spun around the minute they heard their voices. Jessica and Ji Hyun’s jaws dropped when they saw Luhan and Kai in their white tuxedos.
        “I-I- I’m not t-t-talking t-to you!” Jessica stuttered to Kris as she spun around and walked away.
        “Are you going to talk to me?” Luhan asked Ji Hyun.
        “It depends are you going to talk to me?” Ji Hyun asked.
“Yes, I am. You look great by the way.”


“You too.” For a moment, both Luhan and Ji Hyun stood there smiling at each other almost completely forgetting that everyone else was around. After SHINee was finished performing “Hello”, music for the song “Quasimodo” started to play.

“Oh my god, I love this song!” Jessica started shaking Lay and Kai’s shoulders.
“Yes, we know. You like every song from them,” Kai mumbled.
“I wish I had someone to dance with,” Jessica said sadly.
“Did you want to dance?” Chanyeol’s friend, Suho walked up to Jessica.
“I’d love to.” Jessica followed Suho to the dance floor leaving Kai, Lay, and Sehun.
“Now what do we do?” Sehun asked.
“We can go ask a girl to dance with us?” Lay suggested.
Luhan stood in front of Ji Hyun awkwardly, he knew he should probably ask her to dance, but he wasn’t sure if Ji Hyun wanted to dance with him or not.
“Did you want to dance?” Luhan asked Ji Hyun, taking a chance hoping that she would say yes.
“Yes, I do want to dance,” Ji Hyun replied. Luhan guided Ji Hyun to the dance floor and placed his hands on her hips as she put her hands on his shoulders.
“Can I admit something to you?” Luhan asked.
“Sure, what?” Ji Hyun said.
“I really wish you and I didn’t get divorced,” Luhan said, feeling a little nervous that he was just blurting this out to her.
Ji Hyun didn’t respond, but instead rested her head on Luhan’s shoulder and closed her eyes. I still love you, was what Ji Hyun wanted to say in return, but she knew it would be wrong if she did.
Kris walked up to Kai, Sehun, and Lay. “Hey, have any of you seen Jessica?” All three of pointed straight. Kris felt like his heart was ripped in two seeing Jessica dancing with Suho. “I think I’m going to go home.”
“But you just got here,” Lay said.
“Yeah, but I’m tired. I’ll see you three later.”
Tiffany watched Luhan and Ji Hyun dancing from afar, happy that they were actually dancing with each other.

 

A/N: Yay! I updated, I thought I wasn't going to be able to update, because of the fact that my computer completely shut down and I had to copy and past this to my email and finish it up from there on my brother's laptop. Which is why this chapter is formated a little different than my other chapters. Yeah, I was planning on making this chapter a little longer, but my brother kept terlling me to hurry up, so I just wrapped this up with what I wanted to be in there, so sorry if the last part of the chapter is a little shorter than you would think. OMG, I'm freakin obsessed with Shinee's song Quasimodo, even though that song came out like I think 2 years ago? I love that song to death the meaning, everything! My favorite part is Onew's line when he says: Geiok haeyo naega saranghaetdan geol or in english: remember that I loved you.
Well enough of my little Shinee fangirling. :)
I don't know when my laptop will be fixed but hopefully by Thursday or Friday so I can update for you guys!