Chapter 24

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

The tiny drops of blood on her sleeve was what kept Ji Hyun away from anyone. She didn't want anyone seeing the tiny droplets and preferred that no one ever found out about her heart disease. The only one who ever saw Ji Hyun's tiny blood droplets were Tae Joon, who of course was too young to even care. Earlier, Sehun left a message on Ji Hyun's voice mail asking her if she was okay. Reluctant to call back, Ji Hyun deleted the message to make it seem like the message never existed in the first place. Walking to Luhan's house with Tae Joon in her arms, Ji Hyun waited patiently for Luhan.

Nothing but a blank expression came from Luhan, “What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Can you watch Tae Joon for me today?” Ji Hyun added a smile, hoping she would get some sympathy from Luhan. Not considering the fact that he thought she was a liar.

“Sure,” He said, taking Tae Joon from Ji Hyun's arms, Luhan's blank expression still laid on Ji Hyun.

“Luhan, do you think I'm a liar?” Ji Hyun asked.

“No, of course not,” Luhan mumbled, “Bye.”

“Wait!” Ji Hyun reached for the door before Luhan could close it. “I wasn't lying I swear.”

“Okay.”

“I'm not leaving until I actually believe that you believe me,” Ji Hyun stated. “I want you to know I'm not lying.”

“Okay Ji Hyun, I know you're not lying. I sincerely think you're telling the truth,” Luhan's voice was believable, yet Ji Hyun knew that Luhan still didn't believe her. “Bye Ji Hyun.”

“Bye.” Ji Hyun sighed wondering if this was how her relationship with Luhan was going to be for the rest of their lives.

“Ji Hyun?” Standing before Ji Hyun, Sehun was surprised to see Ji Hyun.

“Sehun? I'm guessing you're here to visit Luhan,” Ji Hyun said.

Sehun nodded, “Yeah, did you drop off Tae Joon?”

“Yes, I did.”

“Where are you going?” Sehun asked.

“Nowhere, just out...”

“So Luhan told us that you told him that you were sick.”

“He thinks I'm a liar, how am I supposed to prove to him that I'm not?” Emerging tears, Ji Hyun tried to conceal her face by looking down. “I don't want Luhan to hate me for the rest of my life.”

“I'm sorry Ji Hyun,” Sehun didn't exactly know what else to say, mostly because he didn't know what else to say. “Maybe when Luhan gets some common sense he'll apologize to you. You're not a liar.”

“Thanks Sehun, now I wish Luhan thought the same.”

“Don't worry he'll come around... Eventually, he's just confused.”

“Sehun I'm sorry,” Ji Hyun said quietly. “I'm sorry that I dragged you into this. You truly are a good friend.”

“I'll always be your friend,” Sehun replied. “I love being your friend.”

“Thank you Sehun,” Even though she had a smile on her face, Sehun could still tell that Ji Hyun was upset about Luhan. “Well, I better go, I don't want to be late.”

“Okay, bye Ji Hyun.”

She waved goodbye to Sehun and made her way to the hospital for her appointment with Dr. Choi. Sehun waited until Ji Hyun was out of sight before ringing Luhan's doorbell. He could hear Tae Joon's tiny footsteps running to the door.

“Sehun Hyung!” Tae Joon exclaimed as he jumped into Sehun's arms giving him a kiss. “I miss you!”

“Hi Tae Joon,” Sehun greeted. “Where's your dad?”

“Appa?” Tae Joon stated running, prompting Sehun to follow him.

Sehun followed and stopped when he heard the tiny sounds of the piano being played. It almost felt like Sehun was back a couple years ago when Luhan's entire life was about the piano. Seeing Luhan playing the piano again seemed like nothing else mattered to Luhan, but the piano. Playing “Angel,” the song Luhan knew like the back of his hand, he felt calm and collected.

“Appa!” Tae Joon shouted.

Luhan nearly jumped, his mind back to reality when he saw Sehun and Tae Joon standing next to the door.

“Oh Sehun, what are you doing here?” Luhan said a little disappointed that his short sanctuary ended.

“I wanted to come visit you and Tae Joon,” Sehun replied. “How are you doing?”

“What do you mean?”

“I just saw Ji Hyun and she seemed pretty upset...”

Luhan just nodded, “Oh... Did you talk to her?”

“Luhan, do you honestly believe Ji Hyun is lying?” Looking at his best friend, Sehun's stare gave an intimidating look to Luhan.

“Why are we talking about this again?”

“Because, she isn't lying! Why don't you believe her?”

Luhan shrugged, “I don't really care anymore.”

“You don't care? Or you don't want to believe it?”

“What are you talking about?” Luhan walked pass Sehun into the kitchen. Sehun followed with Tae Joon trailing close behind.

“How come you didn't believe Ji Hyun? Are you scared? Are you in denial?” Sehun's spurring questions made Luhan's frustration increase.

“I DON'T WANT TO LOSE HER OKAY?!” Luhan admitted. Tae Joon nearly jumped from the sound of Luhan's tone. He normally never heard Luhan yell and it was a shock to him.

“Appa?” Tae Joon whimpered.

“I'm sorry Tae Joon,” Luhan apologized, as he hugged his son comforting him.

“Luhan...” Guilt-ridden, Sehun just watched Luhan and Tae Joon. “I know I shouldn't be giving you advice... But don't you think you should spend some time with Ji Hyun and tell her that you don't want to lose her rather than ignore her?”

“No, if I spend anytime with her than it'll mean that I'm okay with her dying,” Luhan said.

“Luhan, Ji Hyun isn't dying, she's fine now. It was all in the past. Go make up with Ji Hyun and get back together!”

“That's another thing, I don't want to get back together with Ji Hyun.”

“What? Why not?”

“I don't think it's healthy and I don't feel like I have a reason to get back with Ji Hyun. Maybe it's better this way.”

“But don't you love Ji Hyun?”

“I'm not sure anymore,” Luhan mumbled. “I sometimes wonder if Ji Hyun divorcing me is a good thing.”

“What do you mean?” Sehun wondered.

“This sounds crazy but, I think Ji Hyun divorcing me actually made me realize how much I love her. Sounds cliché huh?”

“Just a little.”


 

Ever moment Ji Hyun closed her eyes it seemed like she would pass out. Her body was aching and her mind was thrashing with pain. Instead of meeting in Dr. Choi's usual crowded office, Dr. Choi suggested that they walk through the hospital garden. Ji Hyun was sitting down on the bench waiting for Dr. Choi while admiring the flowers and the patients from the hospital enjoying the fresh air. Ji Hyun placed her hand on her chest feeling her heart unusually beating slow rather than the average rate it should.

Dr. Choi was talking to a nurse when she saw Ji Hyun sitting on the bench. She approached Ji Hyun with her usual warm smile. “Ji Hyun, how are you feeling?”

“Sad... Oh I mean, good,” Ji Hyun corrected herself. “I think I've been getting better.”

“We should probably walk,” Dr. Choi suggested. Without any hesitation, Ji Hyun got up and started following Dr. Choi walking through the trail slowly. “Do you feel any drowsiness? Or light headed?”

“No, I actually fine since we're walking and there's fresh air,” Ji Hyun answered simply.

“That's good, how are the medication I gave you working out?”

“They're working out really well, just like every other medications you've given me.”

“Ji Hyun are there any concerns you have?” Dr. Choi wondered.

“Just one...” Ji Hyun replied, her voice seemed a little distance. Her eyes drifted towards a patient who was sitting alone in a wheelchair enjoying the roses when a man and a child approached her. “Dr. Choi, do you have kids?”

“Yes, I have two sons,” Dr. Choi replied.

“Do you ever wonder what it would be like if you couldn't be there for them?”

“I try not to think of those things and I don't think you should either.”

“I'm worried about what will happen to Tae Joon if I go,” Ji Hyun's mind went completely blank so she wouldn't be able to think of the terrible possibility. “Who's going to be there for him? I know he has Luhan but... That's his father, not his mother.”

“Don't worry Ji Hyun, everything will be alright,” Dr. Choi stopped walking and comforted Ji Hyun giving her a hug.

“How does anyone actually know that?” Ji Hyun whispered.


 

Tae Joon started to get a little irritated being in the house all day, so Luhan took him to the ice cream shop. Bringing Tae Joon to the ice cream, Luhan thought about the first time he came here with Ha Joon and Ji Hyun. He missed those days when he and Ji Hyun were awkward with each other and acted like complete strangers.

“How do you like your ice cream Tae Joon?” Luhan asked.

“I love it appa!” Tae Joon added another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth that was already full.

“Good,” Luhan happily said. Luhan looked around, nothing has changed, well the scenery that it. There was an empty seat between him and Tae Joon and he thought about how Ji Hyun would be sitting there with them laughing and talking as if they were a family. His attention turned to the opened door, when he saw someone that looked utterly familiar. “Reira?”

The woman turned and a smile crept onto her face as she waved to her ex-fiance. “Luhan?” She nearly ran over to him and with a child in her arms. “It is you! Hi!”

“Hi,” Luhan greeted.

“Oh my god, it's so nice to see you again,” Reira's high pitched voice still hasn't changed and her perky personality wasn't gone either.

“Sit,” Luhan said pulling out the chair. “Is this your daughter?”

“Yes, this is my daughter, Yuri,” Reira introduced. Luhan could see Reira's features in her daughter, the prominent cheekbones, the dark chocolate round eyes, and the light golden brown hair. Reira turned to Tae Joon. “This must be your son?”

“Yes, this is Tae Joon.”

“He looks like you,” Reira sighed. “But he has Ji Hyun's eyes.”

“Yes, he does,” Luhan agreed.

“How are you and Ji Hyun? I heard you two got a divorce a while back and that you two even seen other people... But I heard you two were single again.”

“Yes, we are. What about you? Are you still married?”

Reira nodded as if she wasn't excited to gush over how her marriage was still intact while Luhan and Ji Hyun's weren't. “Yes.”

“That's good, I'm glad you found someone you truly care about,” Luhan replied.

“What about you? Do you still love Ji Hyun?” Reira asked.

“Why do you ask?”

Reira seemed deep into thought as she closed her eyes like she was trying to remember something important. “I remember a couple years ago when I was so determined to marry you, all you could think about was Ji Hyun. Your Ji Hyun. I felt so jealous of her, but then again who wouldn't be? She gets to be with someone like you. I could tell that you loved her deeply because every time someone brought her up you would instantly smile. She was your person, your other half.”

“Reira...”

“I know I'm not one to say anything, but I don't think love like that goes away,” Reira continued. “I think before she's gone forever you could spend her last moments with you happy, yeah?”

“Reira, what do you mean?”

“Well, I better go, Yuri and I have to go and meet up with her father. Bye Luhan,” Reira got up and gave a smile to Luhan. She turned to Tae Joon and gently ruffled his hair. “You're going to be just as handsome as your father and have the beautiful personality of your mother.”

 

A/N: Sorry for not posting this up Friday night! I was too tired to post this up. This story is almost done and I'm so sad, but that means I get to work on my D.O. story! :D I'm going to miss this story because I'm going to miss writing about Ji Hyun and Luhan. I'm not really sure how many chapters this story has left, maybe three or four, I just don't want this story to go over thirty chapter though. I was thinking about writing another Luhan story or maybe right about Suho? Ugh, but I have a feeling I'm not going to want to write it once I get it posted it up. You know what, I'm not sure?