Chapter 10

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

           Ji Hyun was at the doctor’s office, still unconvinced that she was pregnant, it’s been about a week and half since her and Luhan’s last talk. About two days ago, Ji Hyun found out that Luhan signed the divorce papers and he was getting ready to go on tour, which he was leaving in a couple days and would be gone for about two years. Ji Hyun was happy for Luhan or so she tried to be. For once it was the other way around and Ji Hyun and Chanyeol’s parents refused to talk to either of them. While waiting for Dr. Choi, Ji Hyun was staring at her ring finger. She lightly traced her finger, where her wedding ring was supposed to be.

            Dr. Choi walked in, smiling. “Hello Ji Hyun.”

            “Hi Dr. Choi,” Ji Hyun replied. “Um… I have a question.”

            “Yes, anything.”

            “I know I’m pregnant, but… How is it going to work?” Ji Hyun asked. “I mean, how what if I die before I give birth? How will I know if I’m never going to faint and… stuff?”

            “Well, it seemed the meds you were taking were working and it’s been past a month and nothing bad as happened.”

            “One bad thing happened,” Ji Hyun muttered.

            “You being pregnant is not a bad thing.”

            “Oh, no. I wasn’t talking about that, I’m really happy that I’m pregnant,” Ji Hyun replied. “I want to have this baby.”

            “Good, you’re about two months and a half pregnant and everything seems fine.”

            “That’s good.”

            “Ji Hyun, can I ask you something?” Dr. Choi asked.

            “Sure, what?”

            “I heard that Luhan is going on tour for two years and I heard about your divorce as well. I’m sorry to hear that, but is Luhan going to be in the baby’s life.”

            “I haven’t even told him I’m pregnant, I haven’t told anyone I’m pregnant, but Luhan’s friend, Sehun,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Shouldn’t you tell Luhan that you’re pregnant?” Dr. Choi questioned. “He is the father, so he should know.”

            “I don’t think I’ll ever really tell him. I don’t really want to talk to him anymore.”

            “Ji Hyun, if this isn’t too personal, how come you filed for divorce?”

            “Because I thought I was going to die… I thought if I filed for divorce, Luhan would just forget about me and be able to move on,” Ji Hyun explained. “I should have told him, but it’s too late now. He already signed the papers.”

            “I’m sorry to hear that.”

            “Don’t be. Thank you Dr. Choi, but I think I’m going to go now.”

 

            To Luhan’s friends it seemed like a huge déjà vu for when Luhan was first leaving on his tour a couple years ago. It seemed surreal that he was leaving again. Sehun felt like he was getting eaten up and spit back out ever since he told Luhan that Ji Hyun was sick. Luhan saw him as a liar since Ji Hyun told Luhan that she wasn’t sick. Sehun hasn’t been able to confront Ji Hyun about lying, but he hasn’t talked to Ji Hyun since when she found out she was pregnant.

            “Luhan, please don’t go,” Tiffany pleaded. Tiffany was sitting in the middle of the living room while Luhan was packing away his things.

            “There’s nothing here left for me,” Luhan sighed.

            “But you don’t have to go!” Jessica cried.

            “Yeah, you don’t have to go just because it’s over between you and Ji Hyun,” Kai said.

            “I already told my mom that I’m going, I can’t change my mind now,” Luhan replied.

            “So when are you leaving again?” Lay asked.

            “Tomorrow,” Luhan answered.

            “Are you going to say goodbye to Ji Hyun?” Kris wondered.

            Luhan stopped at everything he was doing. “I’m not sure.”

            “Does she know you’re leaving?” Lay asked.

            “I think she does. I’m pretty sure my mom has told Mrs. Hwan.” Luhan continued packing and started thinking about whether he should say goodbye to Ji Hyun or not.

            “Are you going to say goodbye to Ha Joon?” Sehun asked.

            “I’m not sure.”

            “Well, you’re leaving tomorrow, so you don’t really have that much time,” Tiffany pointed out. “I think you should say goodbye to Ji Hyun.”

            “Okay, I might.”

            Ji Hyun promised Ha Joon that she would take him out to ice cream, since Luhan hasn’t gotten around to taking him anywhere (of course he wasn’t going to), Ji Hyun felt bad for neglecting her brother. Ji Hyun watched Ha Joon devour so much ice cream, Ji Hyun felt like Ha Joon was eating enough ice cream for the both of them.

            “Do you like Chanyeol’s wife, Taeyeon?” Ji Hyun asked Ha Joon.

            “Hm… Yes,” Ha Joon answered. “I think she’s very nice.”

            “That’s good, are you excited that they’re going to have a baby?”

            “I guess… But I really wish you and Luhan Hyung were having a baby instead,” Ha Joon admitted sadly. “I want to see Luhan Hyung. I miss him.”

            “I miss him too.”

            “How come I never see you and Luhan Hyung together anymore?”

            “It’s complicated Ha Joon.”

            “Can you take me to go see Hyung?” Ha Joon asked. “I want to see him.”

            “Um… Okay.” Ji Hyun took out her phone, so she could call Luhan and tell him that they were going to come see him.

            Luhan walked into the nursery and in the crib, he saw the teddy bear. He smiled at all the memories that came with the teddy bear. Tiffany walked into the nursery and saw the teddy bear in Luhan’s hands.

            “What are you going to do about the nursery?” Tiffany asked.

            “I’m not selling this place, but I don’t know… I guess my mom can clean it out if she wants to,” Luhan said.

            “I’m sorry about everything that has happened,” Tiffany whispered.

            “Don’t be.” Luhan felt his phone vibrating and when he saw that it was Ji Hyun, he was confused yet happy to see that it was her. “Ji Hyun? Are you okay?”

            “Yes. I know this is on a short notice, but I was wondering if it was okay if I brought Ha Joon over to say goodbye before you leave. He misses you…” And so do I. Ji Hyun held her breath hoping that Luhan would let her bring Ha Joon over.

            “Uh, yeah, how about we meet at the park?” Luhan suggested.

            “Okay, see you there. Bye Luhan.”

            “Bye Ji Hyun.”

            “Are you really going to the park?” Tiffany asked Luhan.

            “Yes, I want to say goodbye to Ha Joon,” Luhan replied.

            “And Ji Hyun?”

            “Yeah.”

 

            At the park, Ji Hyun and Ha Joon were waiting for Luhan by the fountain. So many memories came to Ji Hyun’s mind just looking at the fountain. She looked at her wrist watch, waiting patiently for Luhan to come say goodbye to Ha Joon. To Ha Joon, he thought it was probably just another visit, but to Luhan and Ji Hyun it was probably going to be their last meeting until a very long time.

            When Luhan saw Ji Hyun and Ha Joon together looking at the fountain, he thought about the first time he brought Ji Hyun there on their first date after they went ice skating.

            “Luhan Hyung!” Ha Joon ran up to Luhan jumping into his arms. “Luhan Hyung, I missed you like crazy!”

            “I missed you too Ha Joon.” Luhan looked at Ji Hyun who was just smiling at the sight of Ha Joon’s happiness. “How have you been?”

            “I’ve been good, but I miss you Hyung.” Ha Joon reached for Luhan’s hand holding it tightly so Luhan wouldn’t let go. “Hyung, how come I never see you and Ji Hyun together anymore?”

            Luhan glanced at Ji Hyun, hoping that Ji Hyun would have an answer in mind for him to tell Ha Joon. She didn’t. “Well, Ha Joon… Ji Hyun and I… We… We decided that because we love each other so much, we’ve decided to spend some time away from each other.”

            “Is it kind of like when my mom makes my dad sleep on the couch?” Ha Joon asked.

            “Sure, something like that.”

            “Hyung guess what? My mom said I can start playing piano again and she said I can perform in front of everybody like you!” Ha Joon told Luhan. “I want you to be there. You and Ji Hyun can sit right next to each other and you’ll be sitting in the front, so when I perform I can wave hi to only you.”

            “Ha Joon-“

            “And then after the concert we can go get some ice cream and then and then we can come here and play.”

            “Ha Joon, there’s something I need to tell you,” Luhan told Ha Joon calmly.

            “What is it Hyung?”

            Luhan knelt down in front of Ha Joon and placed his hands on Ha Joon’s shoulders. “Ha Joon, Hyung can’t go to your performance.”

            “Why not?” Ha Joon asked. “Is it because you’ll be too busy?”

            “No.” Luhan was trying to find an easier way to tell Ha Joon that he was leaving for two years. “Ha Joon, I’m leaving Seoul. I’m going on tour.”

            “Hyung, you can’t go!” Ha Joon wrapped his arms around Luhan’s neck. “Hyung, you’re supposed to stay here with me! What about Noona?! I thought you two were supposed to make another baby together?”

            “I’m sorry Ha Joon, but I have to go.”

            Ha Joon had tears streaming down his face as he buried his face in Luhan’s shoulder. “Hyung, I want to go with you!”

            “What about your parents? And Ji Hyun and Chanyeol? Aren’t you going to miss them?”

            “Hyung, aren’t you going to miss Ji Hyun?” To Luhan’s surprise, Ha Joon called Ji Hyun by her actual name, rather than ‘Noona.’ It was strange to hear her name come out of his mouth and yet it hurt more hearing this question come from Ha Joon.

            “Of course I’m going to miss Ji Hyun. I love her,” Luhan replied.

            “Then why are you leaving?”

            “Because I have to… I’m sorry Ha Joon. I love you.” Luhan let go of Ha Joon and walked over to Ji Hyun. “Make sure Ha Joon doesn’t forget me,” Luhan told Ji Hyun.

            “Of course he won’t forget you. He loves you,” Ji Hyun replied. “I won’t forget you.”

            “I’m leaving tomorrow, so if you want, you can come say goodbye. Jessica will be there and I think Chanyeol said he was coming too.”

            “Okay, I’ll be there.”

            Luhan turned back to Ha Joon, who was still crying. “Ha Joon, take care of Ji Hyun for me, okay? Take care of Chanyeol too, in a couple months you finally get the best friend you always wanted.”

            “But I don’t want to be friends with Channie Hyung’s baby! I want to be friends with yours and Noona’s!”

            “I’ll see you soon, okay Ha Joon?” Luhan wrapped his arms around Ha Joon. “I love you Ha Joon.”

            “I love you too Hyung.”

            Ha Joon waved goodbye to Luhan, even when Luhan was no longer in sight. Ji Hyun knelt down next to Ha Joon and tried her best to smile, but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t.

           

Luhan woke up early in the morning making sure everything was packed before leaving in home in Seoul. He double-checked his suitcases and made sure everything was in place. Only taking about fifteen minutes, Luhan realized that his flight didn’t leave for another five hours. Luhan started thinking about Ji Hyun and whether she was going to go to the airport later to say goodbye to him. Probably not. Luhan walked back to his room, when he walked past the nursery, he realized he had one more thing to do before he would leave Seoul.

There was a slight breeze outside and it was perfect weather to take a walk through the park or sit and read outside. In Luhan’s hands was a bouquet of flowers as he walked through the cemetery. His heart ached thinking about the last time he was here, there were dark clouds and rain. Luhan stopped in front of the small polished tombstone and gently placed the flowers in front of it.

“Soo Young, it’s daddy.” Luhan traced his fingers on the perfectly carved words. “I’m sorry I can’t be here with you, but know that… No matter what I’ll always love you. Even though we aren’t all here together as a family, I’ll loves love you and Ji HYun.” Luhan sat in front of his daughter’s tombstone for a couple minutes silently enjoying the time he had.

 

            All of Luhan’s friends were walking with Luhan through the airport. Luhan kept looking back to see if Ji Hyun would magically appear. Jessica and Tiffany were bawling their eyes out, while Kai, Sehun, and Lay had tears emerging from their eyes. Kris was the only one who wasn’t teary eyed, he was just the same. There were tears cascading down Mrs. Xi’s face, regretting her son leaving.

            “Well, I guess this is it,” Luhan said.

            “I’m going to miss you so much!” Tiffany sobbed; she nearly tackled her younger cousin sobbing. “I love you so much!”

            “Bye Tiffany, I love you too.”

            Tiffany slowly let go of Luhan and smiled. “I hope to see you soon, okay? I’ll fly to wherever you are if I have to.”

            “Okay.”

            After Tiffany was done, Jessica hugged Luhan tightly not wanting to let go of her friend. “I’m going to miss you being irritating,” Jessica told Luhan as she tried to laugh, but more tears came out. “Goodbye Luhan.”

            “Bye Jessica,” Luhan said smiling. Luhan had his arms out wide as Lay, Kai, and Sehun swallowed their pride and hugged their best friend goodbye.

            “We love you Luhan,” Kai said.

            “Who’s supposed to dance with me?” Lay asked.

            “Who’s supposed to get bubble tea with me?” Sehun questioned Luhan.

            “Don’t worry you guys won’t need me. Thank you guys for everything,” Luhan said. “I don’t know what I would have done without you guys.” Luhan looked at Kris, who just waved goodbye looking down at the floor trying to hide his tears. “I’m going to miss you Kris.”

            “Bye Luhan.” Kris gave in and quickly hugged Luhan. “See you in a couple years.”

            “Hopefully you and Jessica are married by then,” Luhan joked.

            Mrs. Xi was last as she hugged her son. “Don’t forget about me.”

            “I’d never forget about you mom,” Luhan replied, he kissed his mother’s cheek. “So I guess I’ll be going now.”

            “What about Chanyeol?” Tiffany asked.

            “They’re probably not coming.”

            “Luhan!” Chanyeol was running up to the group.

            “Chanyeol?”

            “I wanted to say goodbye, don’t you think I have the right to say goodbye to my brother?” Chanyeol grinned. “I’m going to miss you brother.”

            “Bye Chanyeol, I mean… Brother.” Luhan hugged Chanyeol, trying to keep his tears from falling again. “Take care of your new family. I hope one day I can see them.”

            “Good luck to you.”

            “Take care of Ji Hyun for me, okay?”

            “Okay.”

            Luhan turned back to his friends and saw that Kris was now crying as well. He looked back, but still didn’t see Ji Hyun anywhere in sight.

            “Bye, I love you all,” Luhan told all of them as he made his way through the gates. He e last time to wave goodbye to his friends and family, when he saw from a far distance, someone running. He squinted his eyes a little to see if he could get a better view and he realized it was Ji Hyun.

            Ji Hyun tried to mask her pain with a smile as she waved goodbye to Luhan. Luhan waved back and smiled, happy to know that Ji Hyun was there to witness him leave. The only thing Ji Hyun wished she could have done before Luhan left was to tell him she was pregnant. 

 

A/N: I feel like I am on a roll today! I'm so glad I updated for you guys, because I love you guys all so much and your comments make me laugh sometimes. (In a good way) 
So you're all probably thinking: "Now what?" Well, I will tell you that the next chapter will have a little time skip, but not too much. Maybe a couple months or so.