Chapter 26

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

Sehun didn't leave Ji Hyun's side at the hospital. She was taken on a gurney and sent to the emergency room. In all the craziness Sehun tried calling Luhan, but he didn't answer at all.

Dr. Choi approached Sehun, “Are you Ji Hyun's friend?”

“Yes, where is she? Is she going to be okay? What happened?” Sehun asked all in one breath.

“Ji Hyun is fine,” Dr. Choi paused. “For now.”

“What do you mean for now?”

“Her heart is beating, but I'm not sure for how long.”

“Can I see her?”

“Of course you can, follow me.” Dr. Choi led Sehun to Ji Hyun's room. When Sehun saw her, he gasped seeing all the IVs attached to Ji Hyun's arms and the oxygen mask nearly covering her entire face.

“Ji Hyun!” Sehun ran to her side. “Ji Hyun, can you hear me it's Sehun!”

Her eyes could barely open, her entire body becoming weak. “Lu...han?”

“No it's Sehun.”

“Se...hun?” Ji Hyun could barely lift her frail hand, brushing her fingertips on Sehun's cheek. “Where's Luhan?”

“He didn't answer any of my phone calls, but I left him a message telling him it's urgent,” Sehun replied. He got his phone out about to call Luhan again. “If you want I can call him again for-” Ji Hyun put her hand over Sehun's phone and slowly shook her head.

“Don't call Luhan... Call Jessica and Kris,” Ji Hyun breathed.

“Why? What about Luhan?”

“Don't worry about Luhan, just call Jessica and Kris first... Please and Lay too... and Kai as well.” Sehun obeyed and decided to call Kris first.

“Hello?” It only took Kris a second for him to answer.

“Kris? It's Sehun, can you come to the hospital?” Sehun nearly choked saying the word hospital.

“Why?” Kris asked a little concerned. “Is there something wrong? Did something happen to Jessica?”

“No, nothing is wrong with Jessica... Can you just come to the hospital? It's about Ji Hyun.”

“Ji Hyun? What's wrong with her? Does Lu-”

“No, Luhan doesn't know, so you can't tell him, Ji Hyun doesn't want Luhan to know, but Ji Hyun wants to see you, so please come.”

“Of course, I'll see you there at the hospital.”

After Kris, Sehun called the other three. Jessica didn't even let Sehun finish, immediately when she heard Ji Hyun was in the hospital she hung up on him probably to go run to her car and get to the hospital. Lay and Kai were together so it made it easier for Sehun to reach both of them. Only a few moments later, Lay and Kai were the first to arrive. Sehun was waiting for them outside the hall, they both looked at Sehun with eyes pleading that it wasn't too late. Jessica and Kris were right behind them as well hoping the same thing.

“Where's Ji Hyun?” Kai asked.

“She's in there,” Sehun pointed to the door of her room.

“Can we go in there?” Lay asked. Sehun just nodded and immediately Kai and Lay ran into Ji Hyun's room and just like Sehun they were shocked by the sight. Jessica hugged Kris trying to hold back in her tears.

Though Ji Hyun was feeling a little better, she was only able to sit up and her body was still weak and frail. It almost seemed like the illness was weakening her every second. Her skin was pale, almost a gray color, her hair seemed to lose it's sheen, and her bones seemed to be seeping through her skin

“Ji Hyun,” Lay embraced Ji Hyun in a hug, but was careful not to hug her too tight. “Ji Hyun, please say you're not dying.” Lay quietly wept, while Kai stood there looking down at the floor not wanting to meet eye contact with Ji Hyun. “You're the best thing that's ever happened to Luhan. Please don't die.”

“Lay,” Ji Hyun said weakly. She looked up at him and put on a smile. “Don't cry I'll be fine.” Ji Hyun turned to Kai. “Kai, can you come here?”

Kai took one step forward. “Ji Hyun...”

“I always wanted to see you two get married,” Ji Hyun said. “To find a beautiful wife and beautiful children. I love you two so much.”

“I'll do anything for you Ji Hyun,” Lay replied as he wiped his tears.

“I don't think I'll be able to see you two get married but... I just want you two to be there for Tae Joon and Luhan okay? I think you two are the best hyungs for Tae Joon since he loves you two so much.”

Kai nodded, “I promise I'll be there for Tae Joon and my friend.”

“I promise too,” Lay said.

“Jessica,” Ji Hyun said weakly.

“What?!” Jessica exclaimed, tears already streaming down her face. “What's wrong this time? How could you not tell me? You're the worst friend in the world and I hate you!” Jessica knelt down next to Ji Hyun's bedside sobbing. “I hate you...”

“Jessica, I need you to do something for me,” Ji Hyun's voice was trembling as she reached for Jessica's hand.

“No, I don't want to do anything for you Ji Hyun, just stop,” Jessica wiped her tears and stood back up. “You're going to get better and you're going to tell Luhan you love him and you want to be with him and then you and Luhan will become great parents for Tae Joon and make even more beautiful kids, okay? Say it'll be okay.”

“I don't think it will. My body hurts and I don't think I can move without using all my strength,” Ji Hyun leaned back closing her eyes, one tear slowly rolling down her cheek. She still kept her eyes close as she spoke, “Please take care of Tae Joon for me.”

“Ji Hyun-”

“No, just listen... I want you to take care of Tae Joon, be the best aunt you can be... You and Tiffany together will do great. I know because you two are the best friends in the world that anyone could ask for.”

“I can't be Tae Joon's mom though... You're his mother.”

“There is nothing more I want than is to have Tae Joon surrounded by people who love him. With all of you around he won't even need me,” Ji Hyun insisted, she opened her eyes again. “I want you and Kris to be happy together, because I know how much you two truly love each other. Don't be like me and Luhan where it's too late.”

“It's not too late for you and Luhan though,” Jessica said. “You two are going to end up with each other.” Ji Hyun could hear the stress and tears in Jessica's voice.

“Ji Hyun,” Kris whispered. “Don't leave us.”

“I'm tired, I want to rest a little bit,” Ji Hyun closed her eyes and within seconds she was already deep asleep.

All four of them stood outside the halls not wanting to disturb Ji Hyun's sleep. Jessica had tissues balled into her hands trying to contain her tears. Kris held onto her shoulders letting her cry. She buried her face in his chest muttering a couple words Kris couldn't really interpret. Lay had a few tears, but he wasn't crying as much as Jessica. Kai and Sehun stood there quietly with nothing to say. Dr. Choi went in to check on Ji Hyun's condition and to take some test to see if her health was improving.

“Did you call Tiffany? Or Chanyeol?” Kris asked.

“I left a message for Chanyeol, but he hasn't answered back. Tiffany said she was on her way,” Sehun answered quietly.

“What about Luhan?” Kai asked.

“He still hasn't answered to any of my calls, but I left him a message telling him to come here as soon as possible,” Sehun replied.

“What is he doing?”

“I don't know.”

“Don't you think should have left a message telling him Ji Hyun's at the hospital?!” Jessica snapped.

“Ji Hyun told me not to tell him that!” Sehun snapped back. “You should be happy I even left him a message.”

“What about Mr. and Mrs. Hwan? Or Mrs. Xi?” Lay asked.

“What about Mrs. Xi?!” Kai snapped. “That lady is like the devil in an old lady's body! She's probably happy to see Ji Hyun in this state.”

“Mr. and Mrs. Hwan are out of town so Ha Joon is being watched by Chanyeol and Taeyeon,” Sehun explained. Dr. Choi walked out of the room, everyone immediately turned to her all their attention given.

“Is Ji Hyun alright Doctor?” Lay asked.

“Sehun, Ji Hyun wants to see you. Only you.” Dr. Choi didn't say anything else and just walked away.

Jessica hugged Sehun sensing the terror of talking to Ji Hyun alone. “Make sure she stays awake.”

“Pray that Luhan comes before it's too late,” Sehun whispered in Jessica's ear before going into the room.

“Lu…Han…” Ji Hyun’s voice could barely be heard with the oxygen mask on, it seemed to sound like a faint echo.

“Ji Hyun, it’s not Luhan its Sehun.”

Ji Hyun’s eyes were barely open and Sehun could hear her deep breathes as if the oxygen mask was actually taking away oxygen rather than giving her some. “Se…Hun… I’m tired.”

“If you’re tired Ji Hyun you can go to sleep and Luhan will be here soon, okay?” Sehun said. For the first time since Ji Hyun has known Sehun, she could barely understand his lisp voice. It was almost like he was speaking a different language.

“I… don’t… know… how… much… time I have…” Ji Hyun gasped in between words as she barely managed to say them at all. “Left… But… T-t-tell Chanyeol that I love him and that he’s the best brother and that H-Ha Joon will be an amazing person when he’s older… Please tell them that before I-“

“No, don’t say that you won’t die, okay? You won’t die. Luhan…” Sehun choked up on tears as he gripped Ji Hyun’s ice cold hands. “Luhan’s coming okay? Everything will be fine.”

“Sehun if you hold my hand it means… That you’re okay with me leaving…”

Sehun immediately let go of Ji Hyun's hand letting it drop to her side. “You're not leaving.”

Luhan was walking through the halls of the hospital. After getting Sehun's message it seemed pretty urgent so he took Tae Joon to his mother's. He saw Jessica, Kris, Kai, and Lay standing in the hall and approached them. When Jessica saw Luhan tears nearly burst again making her eyes red and puffy.

“What's going on? Where's Sehun?” Luhan asked.

“It's Ji Hyun,” Kris said. “Sehun's in there right now.”

“What?! Why didn't anyone call me sooner?!”

“You didn't answer your phone you idiot,” Jessica snapped. “Hurry up and go in there!”

Luhan slowly opened the door seeing Sehun looking down at the barely stable Ji Hyun. “Sehun?”

Sehun didn't say anything but he hugged Luhan patting his back. He left leaving Luhan and Ji Hun alone.

“Ji Hyun...” Luhan knelt down next to Ji Hyun. “I thought you said you would be okay.”

“Luhan... Hold my hand,” Ji Hyun breathed.

“No, I'm not holding your hand,” Luhan said, he swallowed trying to hold back his tears. “Because if I hold your hand then it'll mean I'm okay with you leaving me.”

“Luhan, you’re going to do great without me like you’ve always had.”

Luhan slowly reached for Ji Hyun’s hands interloping each of their fingers together. Compared to Ji Hyun’s icy hand, Luhan’s hands were much warmer. “No, that’s not true… You mean everything to me Ji Hyun, because I love you.”

“You don’t have to say that just because I’m-“

“No I’ve always loved you… Ji Hyun we’re going to be together, we’re going to have more kids…”

“Two daughters named Jessica and Tiffany…”

“And a couple more sons named Kai, Lay, and Sehun,” Luhan joked. “We’ll teach them how to ice skate and play piano.”

“That’s nice…” Ji Hyun’s vision started to blur from the tears emerging.

“Yeah, so you have to stay here with me… Stay here with me and Tae Joon, please… We’re supposed to end up together no matter what. We're meant to be... You and me. No one can change that. We're going to be happy, so you can't die. We're meant to be... Ji Hyun... Xi Ji Hyun.”

“We're meant to be... Luhan...” Ji Hyun closed her eyes at the sound of those words sounding almost like music.  

A/N: Yay! I updated again! I'm sorry if this chapter . I just wanted to get this chapter up. I spent all day writing this, but I feel like it still kind of ? I don't know. Well, I'm probably not going to update til Friday, so... Yeah. Until then! :) 
I want to take this moment to THANK EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU GUYS!!! I love you all so much! I wish you guys were like my best friends in person, because you all just seem so nice!!!! I wish I could just give you all presents or something to show how thankful I am to you guys, but since I cant I'll just put this GIF of Luhan and Xiumin.