Chapter 17

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

 

           Ji Hyun was lying in bed weak and tired for being sick for so long. Since Ji Hyun was sick, Tae Joon was staying with Luhan, so he couldn’t catch anything. There were boxes everywhere, since it’s been about a week since Ji Hyun moved into the house next door to Luhan. Chanyeol and Taeyeon were staying over because they were helping unpacking and they envied the fact that Luhan bought Ji Hyun a gorgeous house to live in, when they were seeing two different people. Ji Hyun was parched and she needed something to drink, but she was too weak to get up and get herself a glass of water. She reached to her phone and dialed in Chanyeol’s number.

            Chanyeol was in the kitchen talking on the phone when he heard the tiny ring telling him he had another call waiting for him. “Uh, hold on. I have someone calling me.” Chanyeol pressed the button to talk to Ji Hyun. “Hello?”

            “Hi, are you in the kitchen?” Ji Hyun’s voice was too raspy, Chanyeol could hardly understand what she was saying.

            “Uh… No…” Chanyeol said slowly. “Why did you need something?”

            “Yeah, can you get me a glass of water, I’m really thirsty,” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Why can’t you get it yourself? I’m on the phone,” Chanyeol complained.

            “But I’m sick… and I’m tired, please?”

            “Fine, I guess. I’ll be there in a couple minutes,” Chanyeol mumbled as he hung up. He pressed the button to return back to the person he was talking to before. “Sorry Luhan.”

            “That’s okay, who called you?” Luhan asked. He was in his room lying down next to Tae Joon who was sleeping.

            “It was Ji Hyun, she wanted me to get a glass of water for her,” Chanyeol replied.

            “Aren’t you going to get her, her water?”

            “I will, but Ji Hyun can wait, I’m busy.”

            “What are you doing?” Luhan wondered.

            “Talking to you, plus Taeyeon is sleeping with Ji Min right now, so I think I’m okay.”

            “Oh, well, you should probably check on Ji Hyun, I don’t want her to choke or something when she coughs,” Luhan said.

            “What a weird scenario, but okay. Hey is Yoona over?”

            “Yeah, she’s in the kitchen why?”

            “No reason, hey I’ll talk to you later, okay?” Chanyeol hung up on Luhan and dialed Yoona’s phone number

            Yoona was in the kitchen getting something to drink, when her phone started ringing. “Hi Chanyeol.”

            “Hey Yoona, I have something you can do for Ji Hyun,” Chanyeol said.

            “Really? What?” Yoona nearly jumped from excitement.

            “Can you get her some water? Apparently, she’s too sick to get up and get it herself,” Chanyeol replied.

            “Okay, I’m on it!” Yoona replied.

            About three minutes later, Chanyeol heard a knock on the door. He opened the door and saw Yoona, who jolted into the house.

            “Nice to see you too?” Chanyeol said as he watched Yoona run up the stairs with a glass of water.

            Yoona ran into Ji Hyun’s room and handed her the glass of water. “Here, Ji Hyun, glass of water just like you wanted.”

            “How did you know I wanted a glass of water?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Well, I was just literally just in the neighborhood and just thought that maybe you were thirsty so I got you a glass of water,” Yoona replied.

            “Wow, Chanyeol is that lazy to get me a glass of water he had to call you? I know he’s really in the kitchen so he didn’t have to call, but is he really that lazy?”

            “Well, actually I wanted to do it. I told Chanyeol he didn’t have to do it,” Yoona’s smile seemed so forced it looked like if she smiled any bigger her face would rip off. “So…” Yoona sat down next to Ji Hyun.

            “Yes?” Ji Hyun took a sip of her water.

            “So how are you and Baekhyun?”

            “We’re good.”

            “You know, as a friend, I think you and Baekhyun are cute together and I’m not just saying that so you and Luhan won’t get back together. I mean it.”

            “Thank you, how are you and Luhan?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Luhan and I are doing fabulous,” Yoona replied. Her voice was so high pitched and preppy, it made Ji Hyun feel uncomfortable. “So… I was wondering if you can call Luhan and tell him that we’re friends now.”

            “Okay, I will,” Ji Hyun replied slightly annoyed. Yoona looked at Ji Hyun’s phone on her bedside table.

            “Now?”

            “Please?”

            Ji Hyun groaned and rolled her eyes as she reached for her phone to dial in Luhan’s number.

            Luhan was cleaning up Tae Joon’s phone, when his phone started buzzing. When he saw it was Ji Hyun, he immediately answered it. “Is there something wrong?”

            “No, I just wanted to tell you that Yoona and I are friends,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Is… Is that it?” Luhan asked.

            “Yeah, bye.” Ji Hyun hung up the phone, only to get attacked by Yoona with a hug.

            “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! So much, okay see you tomorrow!”

            “You know Yoona, you really don’t have to do all this. I mean I know how much you care about Luhan, but you don’t have to do all of this.”

            “But I want to.”

            “Well then, thank you for the brownies, the cupcakes, charm bracelet, and flowers. I think you got me more flowers than Baekhyun.”

            “Well as your friend I just want you to know that I love both you and Tae Joon very much,” Yoona replied.

            “Okay, well thank you, but I still don’t feel comfortable with you around Tae Joon,” Ji Hyun admitted. “You’re a nice person, really, but I don’t feel comfortable.”

            “Oh… Well then whenever you’re ready for me to be around Tae Joon then see you later.”

            “Bye Yoona.” After Yoona left, Ji Hyun dialed Baekhyun number.

            Baekhyun was in bed reading, when he heard his phone. He reached over for it and pressed the answer button. “Hi Ji Hyun. Did you need something?”

            “No, I just wanted someone to talk to,” Ji Hyun admitted.

            “Why don’t you talk to Yoona, isn’t she trying to be your friend?” Baekhyun suggested.

            “She is, but I don’t feel like talking to Yoona.”

            “Well, I think you should try and be friends with Yoona, okay? Yoona is really nice once you get to know her.”

            “Okay, so we can’t talk?”

            “Sorry I can’t, I’m kind of tired, but we can talk tomorrow. Okay?”

            “Okay, bye Baekhyun.” Ji Hyun hung up her phone and laid down back in bed.

 

            The next morning, Luhan woke up early by the sound of Jessica and Kris knocking at his door. Tae Joon got out of bed and ran over to the door like a how a dog would whenever guest would come over. He reached for the doorknob, but couldn’t reach for the latch to unlock the door.

            “APPA!!!!” Tae Joon shouted. Luhan, tiredly walked over to the door and unlocked it.

            “Tae Joon!” Jessica exclaimed.

            “Noona!” Tae Joon jumped into Jessica arms, hugging her.

            “What are you two doing here so early?” Luhan asked as he yawned.

            “We wanted to tell you that Sehun still refuses to talk to you,” Jessica said.

            “I think I already know that…” Luhan mumbled.

            “And that Baekhyun’s car is in Ji Hyun’s driveway,” Kris added.

            “What?!” Luhan looked out the door to see if it was true and apparently it was. “How long has it been there?”

            “Maybe about five to ten minutes,” Jessica guessed.

            “Wait, how long we you two outside my house?” Luhan asked.

            “Only for about an hour, we wanted to see if Baekhyun would actually come and he did, so you’re welcome for telling you that,” Jessica informed.

            “I don’t like him,” Luhan stated. “I don’t think he’s good enough for Ji Hyun. What do you think they’re doing over there?”

            “Talking? Hugging? Kissing? Or…” Kris trailed off.

            “Or?”

            “They could be having .”

            “Ew, Ji Hyun’s sick,” Jessica said. “Literally, like she’s coughing her heart out, not that she really has one considering someone kind of tore it out and fed it to wolves.”

            “That’s not funny,” Luhan said.

            “Well it’s true.”

            “What if they are having… ?” Luhan wondered.

            “They probably are,” Kris replied.

            “She’s sick!” Jessica shouted. “I think someone like Baekhyun, who is a doctor, would know not to have with a sick girl.” Kris, Luhan, and Jessica all looked at Tae Joon who had his head tilted to the side confused at what they were talking about.

           

             Kai and Lay were over at Sehun’s house, since they didn’t want to be with Kris and Jessica over at Luhan’s house. Sehun refused to speak to Luhan, not only because he was with Yoona, but because just thought Luhan and Ji Hyun were acting ridiculous. Kai and Lay were flipping through the channels on TV, while Sehun just watched. After going through all the channels about ten times, Kai gave the remote to Lay.

           “Are you ever going to talk to Luhan again?” Kai wondered. “I think Luhan misses you.”

           “I don’t want to talk to Luhan… Or maybe even Ji Hyun,” Sehun admitted.

          “Why not?” Lay asked.

          “Maybe, because I think he’s being an idiot,” Sehun said.

          “Dude, I know you’re upset about Ji Hyun and Luhan’s divorce, but get over it. It’s been like three years and they’re already seeing other people,” Kai replied.

            “You two wouldn’t understand. You don’t even know the real reason why Ji Hyun divorced Luhan,” Sehun muttered.

             “Oh and like you do?” Kai looked over at Sehun. “Do you?”

           “Yes, I do.”

           “Why did Ji Hyun really divorce Luhan?” Lay asked, he put down the remote and was all ears to Sehun.

           “I don’t think I can tell you,” Sehun replied.

          “Thought so,” Kai muttered. “You don’t know just as much as we do.” He reached for the remote and started flipping through the channels again, but Lay, still curious just continued to stare at Sehun.

         “What?” Sehun said to Lay when noticed Lay was staring at him.

        “Nothing,” Lay turned back to the TV.

 

         Mrs. Xi called Tiffany to the bridal store, which Tiffany was reluctant to even go to, but she decided to go just to see what Mrs. Xi wanted. Mrs. Xi wasn’t actually in the front like always, but was actually in her office at the back. When Tiffany walked in, Mrs. Xi was smiling as if she won a shopping spree or if Luhan decided to marry Yoona.

         “Hi Auntie, what did you need?” Tiffany asked as she sat down.

         “I wanted to give you this,” Mrs. Xi handed Tiffany a baby blue envelope.

         “What is this?” Tiffany questioned.

        “This is an invitation for a ball I’m hosting,” Mrs. Xi replied. “I’m inviting you and Luhan’s friends.”

        “O…kay…? Why are you hosting a ball?” Tiffany wondered.

        “Well, it’s a charity event, SHINee is going to be there and they’re going to sing and raise money. It’s like a fundraiser,” Mrs. Xi explained. “So I want you, Luhan’s friends, and even Ji Hyun to even go.”

       “Well, I don’t think I’m going to go,” Tiffany stated.

       “Why not?” Mrs. Xi sadly asked.

        “Because I don’t want to go if you’re going to be there,” Tiffany mumbled.

        “Tiffany, are we really back to this again? Look, I’m sorry about Ji Hyun and Luhan I really am, but there’s nothing we can do.”

        “Just admit that you’re happy that Ji Hyun and Luhan aren’t back together. You always thought Luhan was too good for Ji Hyun, just admit it. You’re horrible, just because you cheated on your husband, doesn’t mean you have to bitter to everyone else about it.”

        “Tiffany that’s it! Look, I know why you’re acting this way towards me and I think it has to stop. You’re acting like this because you know how it feels to be like Tae Joon, you know what it feels like to have parents that aren’t willing to get back together just to make you happy,” Mrs. Xi said. “I know it hurts to see Tae Joon having to go through this, but you have to stop thinking that his parents are going to get back together. You have to understand that if Luhan and Ji Hyun don’t want to get back together, they don’t have to, but you have to stop disrespecting me and everyone else with your rude attitude.”

        “Okay…”

        “Okay?”

       “Okay, I’ll stop,” Tiffany answered. “I’ll go to your ball.”

       “Thank you, I really love you Tiffany. I really do,” Mrs. Xi replied. “You’re like a daughter to me instead of a niece.”

       “Okay.”

 

       Ji Hyun’s head was resting on Baekhyun’s shoulder. They were talking to each other, but Ji Hyun fell asleep because of how sick she was. Baekhyun didn’t want to wake her up, so he was just sitting there, letting Ji Hyun rest on his shoulder.

       Ji Hyun started to wake up, remembering that Baekhyun was still here. “How long have I been sleeping?” 

       “For about twenty minutes,” Baekhyun replied.

       “I’m so sorry, I’m just really tired,” Ji Hyun said as she lifted her head off of Baekhyun’s shoulder.

       “It’s okay, you’re sick, I understand,” Baekhyun said.

       “Thank you,” Ji Hyun whispered as she closed her eyes for a couple minutes again but slowly opened them. “I’m tired.”

        “You should rest, it’s alright, I need to go anyways,” Baekhyun replied.

       “Okay, bye,” Ji Hyun weakly smiled, using all her strength to wave goodbye to Baekhyun, he lightly kissed her forehead and left.

        Baekhyun walked towards his car, when he saw Yoona get out of hers. He looked around and when he saw no one in sight, he approached Yoona. When Yoona saw Baekhyun, she instantly stopped and awkwardly waved hi to him.

        “Hi Yoona,” Baekhyun greeted.

       “Hi, were you just at Ji Hyun’s house? Obviously you were, because I don’t think you would want to be at Luhan’s house,” Yoona started babbling out random questions and sentences. “Did Ji Hyun need another glass of water? Or did she want something else? Cause if she wants I can get her something else.”

         “No, Ji Hyun is fine, she’s just tired.”

         “Oh… So then what’s up?”

         “I just wanted to say hi,” Baekhyun replied.

         “Oh, then hi…” Yoona looked down at her feet, wondering why she didn’t just ignore Baekhyun. “Did you tell Ji Hyun? I mean…”

         “No, I didn’t tell her yet, I kind of don’t want to,” Baekhyun said. “She knows I was engaged, she just doesn’t know who.”

         “I don’t think you should tell her,” Yoona suggested. “I think it’s better for everyone.”

        “Yeah… Me too.”

        “Bye Baekhyun,” Yoona slowly turned and made her way to the house.

         “Yoona.”

        “Yeah?” Yoona turned around looking back at Baekhyun. 

         “I still love you.”

          Tears sprung in Yoona’s eyes and a smile appeared. “I still love you too.”

         “Do you really love Luhan?”

         “Do you really love Ji Hyun?”

         “I care about Ji Hyun,” Baekhyun admitted.

        “And I care about Luhan,” Yoona replied.

        “Do you think we could pick up where we left off?” Baekhyun wondered.

        “I don’t know…” Yoona answered. “I’ll talk to you later, okay?”

 

         Chanyeol had Ji Min all to himself for the day, since Taeyeon went to work. Chanyeol decided to take Ji Min to his parent’s house, since Mrs. Hwan was always badgering Chanyeol to bring her granddaughter over. Chanyeol was outside with Mrs. Hwan in the garden while Mr. Hwan was playing with Ji Min, trying to catch a butterfly. Ha Joon was just sitting flipping through a book, not actually reading but enjoying the pictures.

         “Look grandpa butterfly!” Ji Min exclaimed pointing the butterfly as it rested on a flower.

         “Ji Min, try to catch the butterfly,” Mr. Hwan said kneeling next to Ji Min.

         “No. Watch the pretty butterfly,” Ji Min replied.

         Chanyeol smiled at his daughter and his father bonding together. “Have you talked to Ji Hyun at all yet?”

        “No, why?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

        “Oh just wondering… Did you know she moved right next door to Luhan?”

        “Of course I knew, I know everything about my kids,” Mrs. Hwan said. “Anyways, I got this in the mail.” Mrs. Hwan handed Chanyeol two baby blue envelopes containing the invitation to Mrs. Xi’s charity event.

         “What is this?” Chanyeol asked.

         “It’s a charity event that Mrs. Xi is hosting, she wants you and Ji Hyun to go,” Mrs. Hwan told Chanyeol, like she was’t interested. “It’s this Saturday.”

         “Sounds fun, but I don’t think Taeyeon and I are going to go. Someone needs to babysit Ji Min,” Chanyeol said.

         “Your father and I will babysit,” Mrs. Hwan offered. “I don’t want to go to a charity even that is hosted by Mrs. Xi.”

         “Why not? I thought you two were friends?”

         “We’re not friends, we’re… Acquaintances…”

        “Oh, okay.”

         “Chanyeol, do you consider Mrs. Xi as your mom?” Mrs. Hwan nervously asked.

         Chanyeol thought for a moment, “I honestly consider you as my mom, but… I don’t know. Should I consider Mrs. Xi as my mom?”

        “Well technically she is your mom.”

        “Yeah, but a mom doesn’t have to be the person who gave birth to me. You’re my mom because you took care of me.”

        “I’m glad that you think that way.”

        “Would you care though? Would you care if I did start calling Mrs. Xi as my mom too?” Chanyeol asked.

         Mrs. Hwan sighed, “If you really want to.”

        Chanyeol just nodded at Mrs. Hwan’s hesitant answer. “Okay, maybe I will start calling her mom.

 

         Ji Hyun was feeling a little better, so she had Luhan bring Tae Joon over since she missed her son so much. She was playing catch with Tae Joon throwing the ball lightly to him. Earlier, when Luhan came to drop off Tae Joon, the reason why he really brought Tae Joon over was not only because Ji Hyun missed Tae Joon, but because Yoona was over. It surprised Ji Hyun that Luhan would actually respect her decision in not wanting Tae Joon around Yoona.

         “Umma,” Tae Joon walked over to Ji Hyun and sat in her lap.

        “Yes Tae Joon?”

        “Noona… Yoona?”

        “Yeah, I guess you can say Yoona is kind of like your noona,” Ji Hyun replied. “Do you like Yoona?”

        “Does umma like Yoona?” Tae Joon asked.

        “No, not really but appa loves Yoona, so you should too, okay?”

         “I love umma,” Tae Joon pointed to Ji Hyun.

        “I love you too Tae Joon,” Ji Hyun kissed Tae Joon’s cheek and held him tightly. “You’re the only boy I’ll always love.”

        “Umma love appa?”

        “Yeah, umma loves appa…”

       “Ji Hyun!” It was Chanyeol and Ji Min. Tae Joon and Ji Hyun could hear Chanyeol’s feet climbing up the stairs. The first thing Chanyeol did when he walked into Ji Hyun’s room was hand her the baby blue envelope.

       “Ji Ji!” Tae Joon exclaimed happily, Tae Joon jumped out of Ji Hyun’s lap and started chasing Ji Min around.

       “What’s this?” Ji Hyun asked Chanyeol.

       “Mrs. Xi is having a charity event ball thing and she wants us to go. Those SHINee guys that you always spaz about are going to be there,” Chanyeol replied. “You should go.”

       “Luhan is probably going to go with Yoona,” Ji Hyun said.

        “Well you can go with Baekhyun.”

        “Don’t you think it’ll be a little awkward?” Ji Hyun pointed out.

       “Yeah, but Mrs. Xi wants us to go.”

       “Of course she would want me to go, because she knows if I go then you’ll go. Plus, who’s going to babysit Tae Joon?”

       “Mom said she’ll do it.”

      “Mom’s not going?”

      “She doesn’t want to go, she said she doesn’t want to go because Mrs. Xi is hosting it, which I don’t understand because I thought they were friends,” Chanyeol told Ji Hyun.

      “Of course mom wouldn’t, “ Ji Hyun laughed at how clueless Chanyeol was when it came to Mrs. Xi and Mrs. Hwan’s ‘friendship.’ “Mom hates Mrs. Xi, it’s so obvious.”

      “No she doesn’t, mom said they’re acquaintances.”

      “That doesn’t mean they get along very well, it just means they can tolerate each other, which is probably a lie since every time you mention Luhan’s mom, mom cringes,” Ji Hyun muttered.

      “Why doesn’t mom like Mrs. Xi?”

      “Because she thinks if you hang out with Mrs. Xi more, she’ll think that you’d rather call Mrs. Xi mom rather than calling her mom. She’s jealous.”

      “Why would mom be jealous?”

      “That’s just the way mom is,” Ji Hyun replied. “I think it’s kind of funny that she is.”

      “So… What do I do?” Chanyeol asked.

       Ji Hyun shrugged, “Whatever you want to do.”

 

       Since Kris and Jessica’s house was only a block away from Luhan’s house, they decided to walk home. Jessica was holding on to Kris’s arm and had her head on his shoulder, when Jessica sighed.

      “What are you sighing about?” Kris asked.

      “Nothing,” Jessica replied. “It’s just… Do you think Luhan really loves Yoona and Ji Hyun really loves Baekhyun?”

     “I don’t know, why?”

     “Just wondering.” Jessica let go of Kris’s arm. “What if Luhan decides to marry Yoona? You know get married for a second time?”

     “Um… I guess it’ll be alright, it’s not our decision.”

     “Don’t you think it’s weird that Luhan would get marry for a second time, when you haven’t gotten married not even once?” Jessica questioned.

     “I’m a little confused… Are we still talking about Luhan?” Kris asked.

     “I’m just saying… Don’t you think it’s weird that we’ve been dating for more than seven years and we still aren’t married yet?” Jessica said.

     “Jessica, I thought we already had this talk… I’m not the marrying type and who says we need a piece of paper just to show that we love each other.”

     “I do, I want that piece of paper. I mean I want more than just a piece of paper, I want to have a wedding, I want to be able to try on wedding dress and try out cake and have those bridezilla moments.”

     “Really?”

     “Not really the bridezilla moments, but you know what I mean,” Jessica corrected herself. “I want to be married to you.”

     “Okay.”

     “Okay? Okay what? Like okay you want to get married?”

     “No, okay as in I understand,” Kris replied.

     Jessica sighed with frustration, “Do you ever want to get married to me?”

     Kris shrugged, “I’m not sure.” 

 

     Chanyeol and Ji Min left, leaving Ji Hyun and Tae Joon by themselves again. Ji Hyun was cleaning up after her and Tae Joon finished their dinner. Tae Joon was in the play room playing with his toy cars.

     “I’ll be right back Tae Joon.” Ji Hyun opened the door and was surprised to see Kai. “Kai? What are you doing here?”

     “I um… wanted to visit you and Tae Joon, I haven’t seen you two in a while, so I wanted to come by.”

     “Oh, okay. Come in.” Ji Hyun made way for Kai. “Tae Joon’s in his play room, I’m still cleaning up, so if you want to play with Tae Joon you can.”

     “Okay, well there’s actually something I wanted to tell you,” Kai said.

     “What?”

     “This is probably really late to ask, but what was the real reason why you divorced Luhan?” Kai asked. “Sehun told me there was a real reason, but he didn’t want to tell me. To be honest, I think he was just making it up.”

      “Oh, I don’t know what Sehun is talking about.”

      Kai nodded, “Hm… Okay, I guess I’ll go play with Tae Joon.” Kai walked into Tae Joon’s playroom. “Hi Tae Joon.”

      “Hi Kai Hyung,” Tae Joon looked up but then look back down to play with his cars.

      Kai sat down across from Tae Joon. “I know how you feel. I know what it feels like to be alone… Even though you have both parents with you, you don’t understand what you did wrong for them to not stay together.” Kai placed his hand on Tae Joon’s head, causing Tae Joon to look up. “You didn’t do anything wrong Tae Joon. Kai Hyung loves you.”

      Tae Joon stood up, when he was standing up he was as tall as when Kai was sitting down. “Kai Hyung.” Tae Joon started petting Kai’s face. “I love you… Kai Hyung.” 

A/N: This was a much longer chapter than the last chapter, unless it's the same length and this just seems longer to me. Hm... I'm still debating on how this story is going to end, but I guess you can say Ji Hyun will end up with...... Chen! Lol, JK. That'd be the weirdest twist ever if she did. O.O I don't think I ever really mentioned Chen in this story? 
Anyways, woah to Yoona and Baekhyun? Do you think they truly still love each other or did they move on to Luhan and Ji Hyun? Plus, Jessica and Kris? Do you think Kris will ask Jessica to marry him or is this it for them? Ha Joon doesn't seem to like Luhan Hyung anymore does he?