Chapter 3

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

            Ji Hyun hated the doctor’s office, the smell, the look, everything made her want to cringe. Even though there was a line of people waiting to see Dr. Choi, she wanted to see Ji Hyun first. This made Ji Hyun feel even more anxious as she sat down in the chair. She wasn’t sure if she should call Luhan, but she wouldn’t want to be talking on the phone and the doctor to walk in and Ji Hyun would have to hang up. Ji Hyun started thinking back to a couple days ago when she saw Dr. Choi and she actually gave her good news. When Dr. Choi walked in, Ji Hyun started squeezing her own hand, since Luhan wasn’t there for her to squeeze his hand.

            Dr. Choi had a folder in her hand and scanned the paper inside before making eye contact with Ji Hyun.

            “Why did you call me so recent? I kind of feel like I should call my husband,” Ji Hyun said. Dr. Choi just smiled, but her eyes looked down again at the closed folder.

            “Ji Hyun, I know I told you about your memory and how it’s abnormally different?” Dr. Choi started.

            “You told me it was nothing I couldn’t be bothered with,” Ji Hyun added. “And that the reason why I can’t remember my childhood with Luhan is because when I was younger my brain wasn’t as fully developed so it was harder to recollect my memories as with Ji Min.”

            “Do you remember what I told you about? I mean about your fainting spells?” Dr. Choi reminded.

            Ji Hyun looked down at her wedding ring. “You said I can faint at anytime and anywhere… Because of the damage my brain is in and how it’s unable to be repaired.”

            “There are some conditions Ji Hyun that you might never wake up, but if you do wake up there’s a thirty percent chance you might forget your entire life,” Dr. Choi explained.

            “That’s not so bad, I mean thirty percent? That’s not half…”

            “Ji Hyun, there’s only a ten percent chance you’ll wake up,” Dr. Choi added.

            When Ji Hyun back up at Dr. Choi, she already had tears in her eyes. “Are you sure you don’t have the percent’s mixed around?”

            “I’m sorry Ji Hyun. You should probably prepare yourself for the worst-“

            “The worst? I thought I already went through the worst when about two years ago when I thought I was meeting Luhan for the first time and then we get married and I have a miscarriage…then I find out this?!” Ji Hyun tried her best to maintain her voice, but she couldn’t. She felt confused and angry.  

            “Ji Hyun, you should probably tell Luhan or anyone else,” Dr. Choi suggested.

            “How will I know when I’m going to die?”

            “You won’t know… It can come whenever it pleases.”

            “How long do I have?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “I’m not sure, maybe a week or two? A month is a little extreme, but you can home.”

            “Why didn’t my daughter live? That way Luhan wouldn’t have to be alone… He could be happy with our child, but now… He’s going to be in more pain. What am I supposed to do?”

            Just like old times, whenever Luhan was in distress or just needed someone to talk to. He would call his crazy friends to talk to him. Sehun, Lay, Kai, Kris, and Jessica were all wedged onto the couch as Luhan was standing up.

            “Where’s Ji Hyun?” Jessica asked.

            “She went to my mom’s bridal store,” Luhan replied.

            “Why?”

            “Because she wanted to see my mom? I don’t know? I think she just wanted to get away somewhere since she’s been kind of moping around.”

            “Have you done anything with the baby’s room yet?” Sehun asked.

            “What do we need to do with it?” Luhan looked at his friends confused and annoyed that they mentioned the baby’s room.

            “Well, we thought… Shouldn’t you empty it out?” Kai suggested.

            “No? Why should I? It’s not like Ji Hyun and I aren’t going to try again,” Luhan pointed out.

            “Luhan…” Kris started. “Would you leave Ji Hyun if she couldn’t have a child?”

            “No! Why would I? I love Ji Hyun!” Luhan said rather offensively. “Why does everyone think I’m going to leave her if she can’t have kids?”

            “We’re just wondering, calm down,” Jessica snapped. “We know you love Ji Hyun, but I think she’s afraid you might leave her if she can’t have a child. “

            “I would never leave Ji Hyun, I love her.”

            “Does she know you love her?” Lay asked.

            “Of course she does! I tell her every day,” Luhan muttered.

            “Why don’t you get her a gift?” Kai suggested. “You know, so she knows you love her and plus she’ll always have it.”

            “What should I get her? Like flowers or candy?” Luhan was never really creative when it came to gifts, so he always thought of the cliché.

            “No, that’s too boring!” Kai replied.

            “Okay, than what should I get her?” Luhan asked slight annoyed, he remembered having almost the same conversation about a year ago.

            “I don’t know,” Kai admitted.

            Ji Hyun was reluctant to go home and face Luhan. She wanted to run away and hide for the rest of her life or until she would become a vegetable and be in a coma forever. On the ride home, she couldn’t stop thinking about what would happen if she just fell into a vegetable state while she was driving or while she was at a store in front of everyone. Another thing she couldn’t stop thinking about was, was she going to tell Luhan?  Should she tell Luhan? Just the thought of Luhan finding out made Ji Hyun’s heart ache.

            By the time Ji Hyun got home, she saw Luhan and his friends sitting together in the living room. They looked tired and aggravated like they were going to punch someone in the face. Ji Hyun placed all her things on the table and walked over to Luhan.

            “Luhan, what are you all doing?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Oh, we were just thinking,” Luhan replied as he quickly got up to hug his wife. “So, how the bridal store?”

            “It was… It was good,” Ji Hyun tried not to get so uneasy seeing everyone staring at her with big smiles.

            “Well, it was nice seeing you Ji Hyun, but we have to go,” Jessica jumped off the couch and grabbed Kris’s arm. “We’ll see you two later!”

            “But I want to stay and talk with Ji Hyun and Luhan some more,” Lay whined.

            Jessica just glared at Lay and yanked his arm. “Let’s go Lay!” 

            “Fine,” Lay mumbled as he followed Kris and Jessica out the door.

            “Bye Ji Hyun,” Kai and Sehun waved goodbye to Luhan and Ji Hyun before following the others out the door.

            “Too bad they couldn’t stay,” Ji Hyun told Luhan. “It would have been nice to have them over for dinner.” Ji Hyun slowly made her way towards the room not making eye contact with Luhan.

            “Uh yeah, Ji Hyun you know I love you right?” Luhan followed Ji Hyun to their room.

            “You do?” Ji Hyun stopped right in front of their doorway and turned facing Luhan. “Why?”

“Because you’re my wife?”

“Right…” Ji Hyun turned back around and went into the bathroom, closing the door in front of Luhan’s face and locking it.

“Are you alright Ji Hyun?”

“Of course, why would I be?”

“It’s just that… Do you feel like I’m going to leave you if you can have children?” Luhan was a little nervous asking Ji Hyun that question, but he wanted to know since everyone has seemed to like bringing it up.

Ji Hyun unlocked the door and opened it slowly. “Who do you blame then for losing our daughter? God?”

“Ji Hyun…” Luhan held both of her hands kissing them lightly. “It’s no one’s fault. No one did anything wrong.”

“Luhan, have you gone into the baby’s nursery?” Ji Hyun wondered, of course she already knew the answer she just wanted to hear Luhan say it.

“I think I’m going to get ready for bed.” Luhan kissed Ji Hyun’s forehead and went into the bathroom closing the door. Ji Hyun was left alone now, wondering about how Luhan was truly feeling at the moment.

While Luhan was in the shower, which he normally always took long showers, Ji Hyun was lying in bed. She had her phone pressed to her ear as she waited for Chanyeol to answer his phone.

“Hello?” Chanyeol’s deep voice nearly startled Ji Hyun.

“Chanyeol, it’s Ji Hyun.”

“Oh, Ji Hyun? What did you need?” Chanyeol asked.

“I was wondering when you were coming home, because… I miss you.”

“I’ll probably be home by next week or maybe two weeks tops,” Chanyeol replied.

“You should come home early and bring all your friends.” Ji Hyun tried her best to sound as normal as possible, but in her voice she could hear the distress and sadness. “I miss you Chanyeol, so you should come back to Seoul in a couple days. Okay?”

“Okay, if you really want me to, I guess I can why do you want me to come home so early?”       

“Because I miss my brother,” Ji Hyun admitted. “I want to see just in case anything happens.”

“What do you mean just in case anything happens? Ji Hyun, are feeling alright?”

“Yes, of course I am. Why would I be feeling alright?” Ji Hyun weakly smiled. “I just want to see you. I love you Chanyeol.”

“Alright, good night sister,” Chanyeol said before he hung up.

Ji Hyun leaned back closing her eyes hoping that Chanyeol would come back to Seoul so she could spend a little time with him before she went into a coma. She heard the door open and saw Luhan with a towel draped around his neck. He plopped himself next to Ji Hyun on the bed and wrapped his arms around her.

“I love you,” Luhan whispered.

“I…” Ji Hyun paused, thinking whether she should say it back or not. “Me too.” She looked through her contacts when she stopped at Tiffany’s. “Do you think Tiffany will be back here soon?”

“I don’t know? Did you want to call her? Although, I’m not really sure what the time difference is between Hawaii and Seoul,” Luhan said.

“We have a nineteen hour time difference,” Ji Hyun informed. “Maybe I’ll call her in a couple hours when it’s early in the morning for her. I’ll call her around 3 o’clock, so that will be early in the morning for her maybe around 9 or 8.”

“Ji Hyun, are you alright?”

“Yes, I’m fine,” Ji Hyun replied. “Goodnight.” Ji Hyun pulled the covers over her and turned to her side. She could tell that Luhan was still staring at her she tried to close her eyes and drift to sleep, but she just couldn’t.

 

About a couple hours later, Ji Hyun realized that it was already in 3 AM. She could hear the soft sounds of Luhan’s snoring. She wasn’t tired enough to sleep, but she was tired enough to not want to get up. Using all the strength she had, Ji Hyun reached for the phone on next to her on her nightstand. She dialed in Tiffany’s number and waited in hopes Tiffany would answer. So Luhan wouldn’t wake up, Ji Hyun went into the living room.

“Yubeseyo?” Tiffany greeted.

“Tiffany?”

“Ji Hyun! How nice of you to call, I was wondering when one of you were going to call me. When I saw the Seoul area code I was so happy!” Tiffany exclaimed. “I’m thinking about coming back to Seoul soon, since I miss you and Luhan.”

“When do you plan on coming back?” Ji Hyun asked.

“Hm… not sure? Maybe a month? Two weeks?”

“Can you come back maybe this week?” Ji Hyun wondered.

“This week? That’s so early! Why do you want me to come back so early? I know you miss me a lot Ji Hyun, but I thought you would at least want more time with Luhan. Luhan’s mom told me that you two can try again, so… Are you?”

“Yes… But, that doesn’t matter at the moment I just want you to be here. I called Chanyeol too… So… Please, come soon?”

Tiffany sighed. “Okay, just for you, because I love you and Luhan so much. Bye Ji Hyun.”

“Bye Tiffany.” Ji Hyun crawled back into bed and looked at Luhan’s childish angelic face. “I love you, Luhan.”

 

A/N: Hey guys!!! Another update! I feel accomplished updating another chapter! Hopefully I can update again late today or tomorrow when I get back from school. Sorry if this chapter is confusing or its really boring, but just bear with me! Okay? No? Okay that's fine... Watch as I lose all my subscribers for lack of creativity. 
Well, anyways, poor Ji Hyun! All she wants is to spend more time with Chanyeol and Tiffany before she faints and probably never wakes up! Is that too much to ask? Oh next chapter, someone is going to find out, but it won't be Luhan.