Chapter 5

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

Ji Hyun woke up to the sound of Chanyeol’s loud laughter. He was always up so early, she was amazed at how energetic he was in the morning whether he got ten hours or probably even thirty minutes he was still so happy. She turned to her side and noticed Luhan wasn’t there. Ji Hyun quickly got out of bed and got ready. When she walked downstairs everyone was in the kitchen laughing and talking.

            “Hey Ji Hyun!” Chanyeol greeted. “You woke up pretty late.”

            “Yeah, I was just tired,” Ji Hyun rubbed her eyes. “Where’s Luhan?”

            “He wanted me to tell you that he’ll be back, he went to go get something,” Chanyeol replied.

            “Oh...”

            “Did you want to get something to eat?” Taeyeon asked.

            “No, I um… I have to go somewhere too. When Luhan comes back tell him I went out,” Ji Hyun told Chanyeol.

            “Where are you going?” Chanyeol wondered.

            “I’m going out.”

            Luhan was with Sehun getting some bubble tea, since Kris was with Jessica, Lay was at guitar practice, and Kai just didn’t want to, Luhan decided to go. They were both at the café, sitting outside enjoying the nice warm weather, Sehun felt awkward being around Luhan wondering if Ji Hyun told him about her. By the look of Luhan’s happy personality, he could tell she didn’t tell him.

            “Luhan, how is Ji Hyun?” Sehun asked.

            “She’s doing great,” Luhan replied happily.

            “Really?” Sehun tried not to sound like he actually believed Luhan, but at the same time tried to question it. “She hasn’t told you anything?”

            “Told me about what?” Luhan asked.

            “Nothing, never mind.”

            “O…Kay?” Luhan took a sip of his bubble tea and smiled. “I remember right after Ji Hyun told me she was pregnant we came here and threw up all over me.”

            “Gross,” Sehun muttered.

            “I love Ji Hyun, I don’t know what I would do without her.”

            “Maybe you should start learning,” Sehun mumbled under his breath. our

            “What?”

            “Nothing… I’m just glad everything is working out between you and Ji Hyun.”

            Ji Hyun sat in her car, for what seemed like hours, but was really only ten minutes. She had a manila envelope in her hands as they were shaking. Ji Hyun felt there was no need in crying anymore, since she realized that crying got her nowhere but even more pain. She started at the envelope for the longest time, so many thoughts in her head. Her phone started buzzing; Ji Hyun looked at the caller ID and saw that it was Luhan. He was probably wondering where she was. Tears welled up in Ji Hyun’s eyes, trying to wipe them away Ji Hyun made her way back home. The minute Ji Hyun opened the door, Ha Joon hugged Ji Hyun’s legs.

            “Noona, you’re home!” Ha Joon exclaimed.

            “Ha Joon? What are you doing here?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Luhan Hyung picked me up! I wanted to see Channie Hyung and his friends,” Ha Joon replied.

            Ji Hyun saw Luhan talking to Yoona and Taeyeon laughing. In her purse was the envelope, which made Ji Hyun’s heart ache thinking it. Ha Joon noticed his sister’s lost gaze and tried to find out what she was looking at.

            “Noona, are you pregnant yet?” Ha Joon asked.

            “No, I’m not pregnant.”

            Before Ji Hyun could run and hide in her room, Luhan saw his wife. “Ji Hyun, where were you?” He asked.

            “Oh, I was just going to put my stuff away,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Ji Hyun, you should hang out with us, you’ve been so distance,” Yoona suggested.

            “I will, I’ve been busy lately,” Ji Hyun promised as she made her way to her room.

            “I really want to spend some time with Ji Hyun, but she seems really tired and stressed all the time,” Taeyeon admitted to Luhan and Yoona. “Oh well, I’m pretty sure she’ll hang out with us sooner or later.”

            “Yeah, she’s been kind of down lately, but she’s gotten better,” Luhan replied.

            “That’s good, well I’m going to get some rest, I’m kind of tired and the guys are annoying,” Taeyeon said, she ran up the stairs to her room to get some rest from the boys who kept shouting and laughing at idiotic things.

            Yoona smiled at Luhan, who started looking around, waiting for Ji Hyun. “You know, Ji Hyun is very lucky to have someone like you,” Yoona told Luhan.

            “Really? I think I’m luckier to have someone like Ji Hyun,” Luhan replied.

            “I think that you two perfect for each other, I wish I had someone like you.”

            “Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure you’ll find someone one day Yoona.”

            “Yeah, but they probably won’t be like you…”

            Ji Hyun made her way downstairs, when she heard the laughter or Yoona and Luhan. Tucking her hair behind her ear, Ji Hyun examined how happy Luhan looked. Ji Hyun knew that for the past couple of weeks, Luhan has done everything to make her smile, yet she hasn’t done anything to make him smile.

            “What are you looking at?”

            Ji Hyun jumped when she heard Chanyeol’s deep voice from behind her. “Oh, nothing. Don’t scare me like that.”

            “Oh, sorry,” Chanyeol apologized. “Are you okay?”

            “Yes… Um, Chanyeol how do you know Yoona?” Ji Hyun asked.

            Chanyeol shrugged. “She’s one of Suho’s friends, she’s pretty huh?”

            “Yeah, she’s really pretty...”

            “Don’t worry Ji Hyun, I don’t think she’s going to steal Luhan from you,” Chanyeol joked.

            “I know.”

            “So, what did you have to do earlier?” Chanyeol asked.

            “Nothing, just get some stuff,” Ji Hyun lied.

            “Like what stuff?”

            “Nothing.”

            “Noona!” Ha Joon cried. “Channie Hyung! Come help me! Baozi isn’t being nice to me!”

            “I’m coming Ha Joon,” Ji Hyun paced her way downstairs, to avoid any more questions from Chanyeol. Chanyeol was still a little suspicious, but decided not to ask Ji Hyun anymore questions or at least not in front of the others. He followed his sister downstairs and saw Ha Joon laughing while Xiumin was tickling him.

            “Xiumin, stop tickling my little brother,” Chanyeol laughed at the sight.

            Xiumin let go of Ha Joon who was still giggling. “Chanyeol, I think Ha Joon should be called the happy virus instead of you.”

            “That’s not funny,” Chanyeol replied.

            “Channie Hyung, I love my Baozi.” Ha Joon pinched Xiumin’s soft chubby cheeks and started laughing when Xiumin puffed out his cheeks.

            “What about my other friends?” Chanyeol asked.

            Ha Joon examined Chen and Amber and smiled. “I love Channie’s other friends too! But I like Luhan Hyung’s friends the most.”

            “That’s very insulting,” Chen tried to make Ha Joon feel bad by sighing and clutching his heart trying to seem offended.

            “But I love you all of you too, Chen Chen Hyung,” Ha Joon replied. Chen grabbed Ha Joon and threw him up in the air and catching him again.

            “I wish I had a younger brother,” Chen admitted.

            Suho walked downstairs to see what all the commotion was about. “Hey, Ji Hyun can I ask you and Luhan something?”

            “Sure, what?” Ji Hyun asked as Luhan walked up to them.

            “So, I was walking and I noticed that there was a nursery. If there’s a nursery, where’s the baby?” Suho asked.

            “Suho…” Chanyeol started, he saw all the color drain in Luhan’s face and saw how cold his eyes turned. Luhan just ran up the stairs, leaving Suho confused.

            “Did I say something wrong?” Suho asked.

            “No, it’s okay,” Ji Hyun replied as she followed Luhan upstairs.

            Ha Joon looked up at Chanyeol. “Channie Hyung… I wish baby was here.”

           

Mr. Hwan was in his study doing paperwork. In the corner of his eye, he saw a picture of Ji Hyun, Chanyeol, and Ha Joon about three years ago. They were at Haeundae Beach in Busan; Ha Joon was in the middle while Ji Hyun and Chanyeol were kneeling on each side of him smiling. Mr. Hwan realized that he missed his children, Ji Hyun was married and Chanyeol was off finishing school. Even though he still had Ha Joon, it didn’t feel the same as when all three of his kids were with him. Mrs. Hwan walked in and noticed Mr. Hwan staring at the picture with a blank stare.

“Do you miss your children?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

“Just a little bit,” Mr. Hwan replied. “Did you pick up Ha Joon yet from Ji Hyun’s?”

“No, Chanyeol said he would drop Ha Joon off in a little bit,” Mrs. Hwan said as she sat down in front of Mr. Hwan’s desk. “Do you think…?”

“Do I think what?” Mr. Hwan asked.

“Do you think Luhan and Ji Hyun are doing alright?” Mrs. Hwan wondered. “I wanted to talk to Ji Hyun, but I have a feeling if I barge into their house, she’ll be upset and say I’m invading her privacy.”

“She’s not a child, she’ll tell you if something is wrong,” Mr. Hwan said.

“But you know Ji Hyun, she won’t tell you anything unless you pester her about it, plus I really think something is bugging her.”

“You know, if our children are hiding something I think that they would tell us something.”

“What about Chanyeol? You don’t think he’s hiding anything?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

“Chanyeol doesn’t hide anything, unlike Ji Hyun he likes to speak his mind.” Mr. Hwan took his eyes off the picture and faced his wife. “Do you think something is wrong with Ji Hyun and Luhan? Tell me what you think it is.”

“Do you think Ji Hyun would leave Luhan?”

“I think it’s the other way around, don’t you think?”

“This isn’t funny, I’m serious,” Mrs. Hwan rolled her eyes. “Maybe I should talk to Luhan’s mother or talk to Luhan.”

“You do what you have to do, but I highly doubt Luhan or Ji Hyun would ever leave each other. I think you worry too much,” Mr. Hwan replied.

“So you don’t think Luhan or Ji Hyun would leave each other? What if Ji Hyun is hiding something?”

“Why would you think that?”

“Because I just have this feeling. A mother-daughter feeling.”

Everyone was asleep in the house Ji Hyun was downstairs in the dining table looking at the manila envelope that lay perfectly flat on the table. She held her breath as she picked it up, but immediately dropped it again onto the table. After what Suho said, Luhan didn’t feel like talking to anyone not even Ji Hyun. Suho apologized after Chanyeol told him what happened, which Ji Hyun told him that there was nothing to apologize about. Ji Hyun couldn’t sleep, with the tiny guilt that pearced through her every second she breathed, knowing what the envelope contained.

Her hands shaking Ji Hyun reached for the envelope again, but couldn’t bring herself to open it. Chanyeol who was watching Ji Hyun from the top of the stairs, started thinking about what Ji Hyun was hiding and was in the envelope. He slowly walked downstairs not to scare his sister again.

“Ji Hyun?” Chanyeol whispered. When Ji Hyun turned to him, he could see the bags under her eyes and how drained her face looked. “What is that?”

“Oh this? This is…” Ji Hyun couldn’t think of an excuse on what to say it was. She could say it was test results, but she knew that Chanyeol would ask what they were for.  

“I’m sorry about what Suho said,” Chanyeol said changing the subject.

“It’s okay, it’s no big deal,” Ji Hyun replied, tracing her fingers on the envelope.

“No it is, I should have told them sooner, but I didn’t think it was my business to.”

“It’s okay.” Ji Hyun got up from her seat. “I think we should get some sleep, yeah?”

“Ji Hyun, is there something you’re not telling me? Or Luhan?” Chanyeol asked.

“No, of course not,” Ji Hyun lied. “Good night.”

Chanyeol watched as Ji Hyun went up the stairs, when he noticed that the envelope was still on the table. Chanyeol waited for a couple minutes before reaching over to it. He reached for it, but waited for another couple minutes to see if Ji Hyun was going to come back downstairs. When the coast was clear, Chanyeol slowly opened the envelope and saw a small stack of papers inside. He took out the stacks of papers and scanned them with his eyes. Chanyeol saw the words, ‘irreconcilable differences’ and saw Ji Hyun’s signature at the bottom.

“Ji Hyun is going to divorce Luhan?” Chanyeol said disbelieved at what was right in front of his very eyes. 

 

A/N: Stop girl in the name of love! ~ I love that song by U Kiss :D Sorry, just had to say that. But, yay I updated on a random weekday! Which I don't normally do often, but I wanted to get a chapter updated, since I won't be able to update Saturday or Sunday. Maybe if I write a lot tomorrow I might be able to update on Friday? Probably not, but who knows? :D