Chapter 22

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

     As Ji Hyun was roaming around the entire city of Seoul she looked around for Ha Joon with Tae Joon sleeping soundly in the back of the car in his car seat. Ji Hyun got a call from Chanyeol telling her that he would look around the areas Ha Joon was mostly at. Which was the ice cream shop in the shopping district or school. 
  
    Ji Hyun turned her back to still see Tae Joon still sleeping soundly. "Ha Joon, where could you be," she thought to herself. She went anywhere she could think of: the park, other ice cream stores, and even the library which Ha Joon went to when he needed to get away from Mr. and Mrs. Hwan yet he was nowhere to be found. 

    After about an hour and a half of looking Ji Hyun felt the need to give up. She was envious of Tae Joon and how he was able to sleep whenever he wanted. She sat in her car resting her forehead on the wheel when her phone started buzzing in her pocket. Without even looking at who it was, Ji Hyun pressed the answer button. 

    "Hello?" Ji Hyun mumbled. 

    "Hello? Ji Hyun, its Yoona."

    "Yoona? Is Luhan with you? Have any of you seen Ha Joon?" Ji Hyun asked frantically. 

    "Um... No, its just me. I wanted to talk to you about something. I was wondering if we can meet? Perhaps at a cafe, I know you're probably looking for Ha Joon, but please? It'll only be for a couple minutes."

    "Oh, okay. I'll be there as soon as I can," Ji Hyun told Yoona. 

    "Okay, see you then Ji Hyun."

    Ji Hyun placed her phone back in her pocket and looked back to see Tae Joon now fully awake. Tae Joon yawned and looked at his mother with eyes telling her that things will be okay. A cough crept up and she covered with her sleeve again. Just like early, blood transferred to her sleeve. 

    At the cafe, Yoona ordered two cups of coffee for her and Ji Hyun. She saw Ji Hyun with Tae Joon which made it even harder for her to tell Ji Hyun, but she was a bit relieved because if Tae Joon was around Ji Hyun would be more calm. Ji Hyun got a chair for Tae Joon and gave him her phone so he would be distracted and not listen to Yoona and Ji Hyun's conversation. There was a sense of awkwardness between Ji Hyun and Yoona though they said they were supposedly friends, they knew they weren't. 

    "Ji Hyun... If I tell you what I tell you right now," Yoona started. "Will you promise me you won't get mad?" 

    "O...kay?" Ji Hyun felt obliged to say she wouldn't because she knew if she didn't Yoona would probably get up and leave. 

    Yoona took a sip of her cup of coffee first trying to avoid any eye contact with Ji Hyun. "Ji Hyun, Luhan proposed." 

    "What?!" Ji Hyun exclaimed. She glanced at Yoona's hand but didn't see any ring on any of her fingers. "What did you say?"

    "I said no, which is why I wanted to talk to you," Yoona replied. "I wanted you to know the reason why I said no." 

    "Why did you say no?" Ji Hyun asked, though she didn't really care at the moment her mind still on the fact that Luhan proposed to Yoona. 

    "I'm still in love with Baekhyun," Yoona said. 

    "What? When were you ever in love with Baekhyun?" 

    "That's another thing I wanted to tell you. Ji Hyun, Luhan will never love me the way he loves you. He doesn't want to admit it but its true. I can tell he wants to be with you... Only you and with me and Baekhyun... Well-"

    "You were the girl Baekhyun used to be engaged to... He's still in love with you," Ji Hyun didn't need anyone to clarify anything else, she now knew Baekhyun and Yoona were once together. "Wait, if you still love Baekhyun what happened?" 

    "That's another thing," Yoona gazed at Tae Joon. "I'll always envy you Ji Hyun, because you can have one thing I can never have. You'll always have that somoene who is apart of you, someone who will always love you... A child." 

    "What do you mean?" Ji Hyun already knew, but she didn't know what else to say. 

    "Baekhyun and I got engaged because we found I was pregnant,,, But then I had a miscarriage," Yoona's voice trembled and Ji Hyun could see tears slowly rolling down. 

    For comfort Ji Hyun reached over for Yoona's hand gently patting it. "That doesn't mean-" 

    "No, we kept trying and trying... But all the miscarriages, I couldn't take it anymore," Yoona's voice was nearly drowned by the tears. "We went to the doctor and they said I couldn't have any children. So that's why I told Baekhyun I couldn't be with him anymore. He's always wanted kids so that's why I thought it would be best if he found someone who could have kids. Someone like you." 

    "Yoona, I don't think Baekhyun was really for me." 

    "Well, I think that you should get back with Luhan. You two really deserve each other. I think you should call him." 

    "Thank you Yoona for telling me all this," Ji Hyun said. She picked up Tae Joon and looked back at Yoona for the first time giving her a warm smile. "Say bye to Yoona Tae Joon." 

    Tae Joon waved goodbye. "Bye Yoona noona." 

    "Bye Tae Joon." Yoona gently placed her fingers on Tae Joon's cheek, caressing it. "I love you." 

    "Bye Noona," Tae Joon leaned in and kissed Yoona's cheek. "I love you too."

    Ji Hyun's eyes trailed away from Yoona as well as Tae Joon. She placed Tae Joon back into his car seat and watched as Yoona sat down continuing her quiet mourns. She reached into her phone and dialed in Luhan's number, reluctant to press the green button. As if her phone was reading her mind, her phone started buzzing. 

    "Hello?" Ji Hyun answered. 

    "Ji Hyun? Its Luhan, I found Ha Joon." 

    "Ha Joon? Where is he?" Ji Hyun said relieved. 


    The old arts school that Luhan once gave piano lessons at was now arranged to be a theater. Luckily there was no one there but the doors were opened, Ji Hyun guessed that Luhan left the door open for her. She walked in the only noise could be heard were her footsteps and Tae Joon's as well. 

    "Tae Joon, stay close okay?" Ji Hyun said gripping onto his hand. They made their way up the stairs and just like how Ji Hyun remembered she walked through the tall doors that lead to the auditorium where Luhan would give Ha Joon his piano lessons. 

    "Ji Hyun?" Luhan and Ha Joon were up on stage together, Ha Joon was tinkering away on the piano like always pressing each key precisely. Luhan approached Ji Hyun and Tae Joon. 

    "How did you know he was going to be here?"

     “I didn’t,” Luhan admitted. “I came here to get away and I found Ha Joon.”

     “Have you talked to him?” Ji Hyun asked.

     Luhan shook his head, “I’m afraid to. I just told him to wait for you.”

     “Watch Tae Joon,” Ji Hyun told Luhan. She slowly walked up the steps and sat down next to Ha Joon, who didn’t bother looking up at her and continued tinkering away with the piano.

     “Ha Joon, what are you doing here? Mom and dad are worried about you, they think you got kidnapped or something,” Ji Hyun tried to remain calm trying hard not to sound so frantic. “Do you understand Ha Joon? You nearly gave us all a heart attack!”

     Ha Joon stopped and gave all his attention to Ji Hyun. “I didn’t mean to.”

     “Well you did, you scared me to death, I thought you were gone forever. Why did you run away in the first place?”

     “Because… All anyone cares about in this family is Chanyeol and Taeyeon with Ji Min or you and Luhan with Tae Joon. No one cares about me. Mom and dad always worry about you and Chanyeol and completely forget about me,” Ha Joon admitted. He tried to hide his tears with his bangs concealing his eyes. “I don’t understand why mom and dad like you so much. They make it seem like you’re their only child.”

     “Ha Joon…”

     “I try to be a good child for them and yet they like you and Chanyeol more. Chanyeol got a girl pregnant before marrying her and you divorced Luhan even though you were pregnant with Tae Joon.”

     “I’m sorry you feel that way Ha Joon, but know that mom and dad are only like that because… Because you’re perfect. You’re the perfect child, sure they may not acknowledge it, but you are. You’re the only one who hasn’t screwed up and you should be happy about that,” Ji Hyun said. “Mom and dad only worry about me and Chanyeol so much it’s because they think we’re going to screw up again like we did in the past, but we won’t anymore.”

     “Are you saying Tae Joon was a screw up?” Ha Joon asked.

     “Of course not, I love Tae Joon. He means everything to me and I love him, he’s apart of me.”

     “What about Luhan? Do you love Luhan?”

     “Why would you ask that?”

     “Because you were once married to him,” Ha Joon pointed out. His eyes slowly made their way to Luhan who was chasing Tae Joon around laughing. “Do you miss being with Luhan?”

     “I do miss being with Luhan,” Ji Hyun admitted. Her eyes trailed down to the piano keys. She gently pressed one key thinking about the time she first met Luhan bringing Ha Joon to his first lesson. “Ha Joon do you want to go home?”

     “Of course I do, I miss my bed,” Ha Joon hopped of the chair, but turned back to his older sister. “Ji Hyun, don’t worry everything will be alright.”

     “What are you talking about Ha Joon?”

     “I’m not sure,” Ha Joon replied. Luhan and Tae Joon walked over to Ji Hyun and Ha Joon completely oblivious to the conversation that just happened.

     “Ha Joon are you alright?” Luhan asked.

     “Of course I am hyung, don’t worry about me,” Ha Joon insisted. “Let’s go home I’m tired.”

     Without any other words said Luhan and Ji Hyun followed Ha Joon out. Luhan told Ji Hyun that since she didn’t need him anymore he would just head home. Ji Hyun took Ha Joon back home to the delight of their parents who were kissing him and hugging him to death. Ha Joon apologized for running away and a couple minutes later, all three of them forgot it even happened. On the ride back home Tae Joon fell asleep and Ji Hyun was about ready to knock out as well. It was barely past midnight and Ji Hyun was tired from all the searching. In the back of her head though, Yoona’s words and everything else she told her lingered. Ji Hyun walked to her door and was surprised to see Luhan waiting for her there.

     “Ji Hyun?” Luhan said surprised.

     “Luhan?” What are you doing here?” Ji Hyun asked.

     “I wanted to make sure that Ha Joon was okay, is he okay?”

     “Yes. Tae Joon is okay, you don’t need to worry about him,” Ji Hyun replied. “Is that it?”

     Luhan nodded. “Actually there is something else.”

     “What?”

     “Yoona and I broke up,” Luhan informed. “I guess you should be happy since you never liked us together anyways.”

   “That’s not true.”

   “Yeah, well we broke up so I guess that means we’re both single again,” Luhan said. “I don’t know why but maybe I might never find the one.”

    “Maybe you already did,” Ji Hyun said in almost a whisper.

     “What?”

    “Nothing, I should probably get inside and put Tae Joon down he’s getting a little heavy,” Ji Hyun unlocked the door and made her way into the house almost about to close the door when she remembered Luhan was still standing there.

     “Goodnight Ji Hyun.”

     “Goodnight Luhan.” Ji Hyun closed the door and immediately started coughing again. This time instead of tiny droplets of blood there was a huge spot. Ji Hyun couldn’t stop staring at the blood. Obviously there was something wrong and Ji Hyun needed to get checked out.

 

A/N: Sorry this chapter is a little boring and short, but I was writing this on my phone since my laptop was a far distance away from me and I couldn't use it!