Chapter 8

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

             Sehun watched Ji Hyun pace back and forth through his living room still looking at the positive pregnancy test. Sehun looked at his phone thinking whether he should text Luhan to come over or not, so Ji Hyun could tell him that she was pregnant.

            “Maybe the test is wrong,” Ji Hyun told Sehun.

            “I don’t think the test is wrong, plus even the doctor said you were. Just face it, you’re pregnant with Luhan’s child,” Sehun replied.

            “What am I supposed to do?”

            “Tell him.”

            “I can’t. He’s probably going to hate me even more than he already does.”

            “Do you still love Luhan?” Sehun asked.

            Ji Hyun collapsed next to Sehun. “Luhan was the only person I ever felt this way about and yet I can’t even bring myself to tell him that.”

            “You don’t have to divorce him. You two can finally have the kid you want.”

            “Don’t tell anyone, okay?” Ji Hyun told Sehun. “This is just between the two of us, until I have the courage to tell someone else.”

            “Okay.”

            Chanyeol walked downstairs to his parents who were eating dinner together with Ha Joon. When he walked downstairs, he felt his heart pounding through his chest and felt the veins in his temples throbbing making him want to pass out.

            “Mom, dad? Can I talk to you?” Chanyeol sat down next to Ha Joon, who looked at his older brother. “Ha Joon, can you go upstairs for a moment?”

            “Okay, Channie Hyung.” Ha Joon jumped out of his chair and ran upstairs.

            “What is Chanyeol? Are you hungry?” Mrs. Hwan asked. “Did you need something?”

            Chanyeol refused to make any eye contact with his parent’s and was looking down at the table. “Don’t get mad at me, okay?”

            “Okay, what is it son?” Mr. Hwan asked.

            “I’m- I got…  I got married,” Chanyeol whispered.

            The color in Mrs. Hwan’s face drained hearing her son’s words. “What? Are you joking?”

            “No, she’s pregnant too,” Chanyeol added.

           

            Ji Hyun was trying to sleep in her empty apartment, but she realized that there was too much room for her in her bed. She got used to Luhan taking up all the space in their bed, that it felt odd to have all the room to herself for once. After about an hour of just lying in bed with her eyes wide open, she was finally able to drift into a daze and fall asleep. Only of about two minutes of sleeping, Ji Hyun’s phone started ringing next to her.

            “Hello?” Ji Hyun answered her phone in a sleepy

            “Ji Hyun, can you come over right now?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

           

             When Ji Hyun arrived at her parent’s house, she heard nothing. She guessed that all of Chanyeol’s friends were probably out and Ha Joon was already in bed. She saw her parent’s and Chanyeol sitting alone in the dining table and made her way over there.

              “What’s going on?” Ji Hyun asked her parents, she said down next to Chanyeol and looked at him. “Am I in trouble?”

              “No, it’s not about you Ji Hyun. It’s about your brother.”

               “What’s wrong with Chanyeol?” Ji Hyun guessed that Chanyeol told them about his special friend and of course by the looks on their face they weren’t too excited about it.

                “Did you know about Chanyeol’s… Marriage?” Mr. Hwan asked Ji Hyun.

                “I might have,” Ji Hyun said. “Why?”

                “Did you know that she was pregnant as well?” Mr. Hwan added.

                Ji Hyun looked at Chanyeol completely shocked. “You didn’t tell me she was pregnant, you told me you wanted to marry her because you loved her!”

                “So you do know?”

                “Chanyeol told me he was married, but he never told me that she was pregnant, he didn’t even tell me her name,” Ji Hyun admitted.

                “Chanyeol what is her name?” Mrs. Hwan asked calmly.

                 “It’s my friend, Taeyeon…” Chanyeol muttered.

                 “Taeyeon?” Ji Hyun nearly shouted. “You two don’t ever even seem like you two talk, plus she doesn’t even look like she’s gained any weight.”

                 “How far along is she?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

                 “Only about a month and a half,” Chanyeol said.

                 “What about her parents? Do they know?”

                  “They were the ones who witnessed us getting married. It was a brief quick thing,” Chanyeol explained.

                   “We’ll talk about this tomorrow, you two may leave,” Mrs. Hwan said to Ji Hyun and Chanyeol.

                   “Okay… Goodnight,” Ji Hyun got up and made her way out with Chanyeol following her.

                   Mr. Hwan waited until his children were out of sight and weren’t able to hear them before speaking. “Why are you so calm?”

                   “What do you mean?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

                   “Every time one of our kids does something wrong you seem to act like it’s not a big deal.”

                   “That’s not true.”

                  “This is why they disobey, because they know that they’ll always have their mother on their side.”

                   “Of course I’ll take their side, I’ll always have my children’s side, wouldn’t you?” Mrs. Hwan said.

                   “I’ll always stay on my children’s side, but I don’t want to baby them. You baby our kids, which is why they think they can do whatever they want. I told Ji Hyun to go to college to become a doctor and you told her she could be a writer. I told Chanyeol to study here in Seoul, but you told him it was okay to go to America,” Mr. Hwan stated. “When I tell my children no, you go and tell them yes behind my back.”

                   “I want my kids to get along with us,” Mrs. Hwan replied.

                   “You can’t make them get along with us, if you give them everything they want. You didn’t seem to care about the fact that Ji Hyun was with Luhan and look where it got her. She’s getting divorced. I didn’t want Chanyeol to go to Busan with his friends, but you let him go! Now look where he is! I want to get along with my kids as well, but not by babying them and giving them everything. They are old enough to fix their own problems.”

                   Chanyeol followed Ji Hyun out to her car, but she didn’t seem to notice or really care that he was following her.

                  “Are you happy? I told them?” Chanyeol bitterly spat at his older sister.

                 “Why would I be happy to see our parents get mad at you?” Ji Hyun asked. “Plus, I was in shock too to find out that she was pregnant.”

                “You can stop acting so fake Ji Hyun and admit you’re happy to see mom and dad finally feel disappointed in me,” Chanyeol snapped. “Admit it, you like seeing mom and dad this way.”

                “Why would I want to see mom and dad this way? Do you think I want to see them like this?”

               “Is that why you got married to Luhan? To make mom and dad mad, because you knew they didn’t want you to get married this young? Then you divorce him to get them even madder? You’re so full of crap, you know that.”

               “How? At least I didn’t lie to mom and dad; you’re the one full of crap!” Ji Hyun snapped back. “Was I the one who called them by their first names and disrespected them when they tried to get along with me? You act like they don’t care about you at all. You act like a child, which is why mom and dad gives you whatever you want and then you go and screw things up.”

               “You know what; I bet if you didn’t divorce Luhan first, Luhan would have divorced you, because you’re nothing but a .”

               An instant reflex to those hurtful words that came out of Chanyeol’s mouth, Ji Hyun’s hand smacked Chanyeol’s cheek with full force; an instant red mark appearing on his face. Chanyeol looked shocked yet angry at the same time, that his sister would hit him.

              “Are you going to hit me now too?” Ji Hyun asked.

              “I would never hit you,” Chanyeol replied trying to sustain the burning pain from his cheek.

              “Why would you want to hit a dying pregnant woman anyways?” Ji Hyun got into the car after her deep confession to Chanyeol and left, feeling like she made a big mistake hitting Chanyeol and telling him the truth.

 

              Luhan tried to sleep, but he couldn’t. He was used to always to Ji Hyun sleeping at the edge of the bed, while he wrapped his arms around her cuddling close to her. It felt strange with the emptiness, it was the new normal he had to adapt to. He got out of bed, realizing that he wasn’t really tired, while walking down the hall; he walked past the baby’s nursery. His heart started aching from the loss of his daughter and now his wife. When he walked into the dining room, he saw the divorce papers still on the coffee table, still unsigned. He didn’t think he should give up so easily and signing the divorce papers would make it seem like he was willing to throw away his entire relationship with Ji Hyun instead of trying to work it out.

              He reached for his cell phone and debated to himself whether he should call Ji Hyun. Instead he decided to call Sehun, even though he knew Sehun was probably already asleep.

             “Hello?” Sehun answered.

             “Sehun? What are you doing right now?” Luhan asked.

             “Um… Getting ready to go to sleep. Did you need something?”  

             “No… It’s just… Have you talked to Ji Hyun?”

             “Actually, there’s something I need to tell you, so can I come over tomorrow?” Sehun asked.

             “Sure, I’ll see you tomorrow Sehun.” The moment Luhan hung up the phone, there was a knock on his door. “Who would come over at this hour?” He walked over and opened the door revealing Mrs. Xi. “Mom? What are you doing here?”

             “I need to tell you some great news!” Mrs. Xi squealed. In her hands were several of folders crammed with papers.

             “Ji Hyun doesn’t want to divorce me?” Luhan muttered wishing that was actually why his mother was here. Unfortunately, he knew that wasn’t the case. “Mom, what did you need?”

            “You’re going on tour!” Mrs. Xi exclaimed.

            “On tour? What are you talking about?” Luhan said confused.

            “You’re going on tour,” Mrs. Xi repeated. “For the piano, you know like a comeback.” 

            “Mom, I can’t go on tour, I’m in the middle of a divorce with Ji Hyun.”

            “I know, but you can easily handle a divorce even if you’re not in the same city, tons of celebrities do that.”

            “Do you even care that I’m getting a divorce?” Luhan asked.

            “Of course I do, but I just think that if you go on tour, you can forget about the divorce. Maybe when you go on tour you can meet another girl,” Mrs. Xi suggested. “Maybe this time you can marry someone Japanese? Or Chinese?”

            “Mom, don’t you get it?! I don’t want to go on tour!” Luhan slouched onto the sofa. “I want to stay here in Seoul, with Ji Hyun.”

            “Luhan,” Mrs. Xi took a seat next to her son and patted his shoulder. “Don’t you think you should move on? You two weren’t even married for that long.”

           “But I love her.”

           “Luhan, I think you should go on tour and try to get your mind off of Ji Hyun. You can’t devout your whole life to her.”

           “What happened to being supportive?” Luhan mumbled.

           “I am being supportive, but trying to help you get over her.” Mrs. Xi looked around the house and saw the divorce papers on the table. “Have you even signed the papers yet?”

          “No, I haven’t. I’m still hoping to convince Ji Hyun not to divorce me,” Luhan replied.

          “Luhan, please, just sign the papers and move on. You shouldn’t be so upset about one girl. Maybe she just wasn’t the right one?”

          “But I love her.”

          “You don’t love her, you’re just saying that. I’m pretty sure once you go on tour and see all the other girls out there, you’ll completely forget about her. You’ll find a girl that’s much prettier, smarter, and one who can actually give me grandchildren.”

           “I’m not going on tour, no matter what you say!” Luhan snapped, he tried his best not to explode at his mom’s carelessness. “Mom, I’m staying here in Seoul, no matter what! I don’t care what it takes I’m not going leave Ji Hyun! Do you even care that I’m getting to divorced to someone I still care about?! But I guess you should be happy since you never liked Ji Hyun!”

           “Luhan, I’m just trying to help you move on, I hate seeing you this way,” Mrs. Xi said calmly.

           “Well, I don’t care. I don’t care what anyone says.”

           “Do you think that maybe Ji Hyun divorced because maybe she wasn’t able to have children? Or maybe she was cheating on you? Maybe she’s leaving you for someone else?”

            “Just leave mom.”
 

            Sehun arrived at Luhan’s house, early in the morning. He was still debating whether he should tell Luhan about Ji Hyun being sick or pregnant. It was one or the other, but not both. Which was more important? Both of them were. Which was would be better if Ji Hyun told him? Both of them. He decided whichever was the appropriate one at the moment. Luhan opened the door and Sehun noticed how tired and weak Luhan looked. His dark circles and the discoloration in his entire face, almost made him look like Ji Hyun.

            “Are you feeling alright Luhan?” Sehun asked.

            “Yes, I’m fine,” Luhan mumbled.

            “Have you gotten any sleep lately?” Sehun questioned.

            “Not really, but enough to get me through the day without passing out.”

            “That’s… Good.”

            “So what was it you wanted to tell me?” Luhan asked.

            Sehun looked around the house and noticed how empty it was. Usually when Sehun came over, he would always see Ji Hyun cleaning around the house or in the kitchen humming away. The papers on the coffee table caught Sehun’s eyes and instead of answering Luhan’s question, he picked up the papers.

            “You still haven’t signed these yet?” Sehun asked referring to the divorce papers. He placed them back on the table and started looking through the folders Mrs. Xi brought from last night. “You’re going somewhere?”

            “I’m not going anywhere, my mom just brought those, she wants me to go back on tour,” Luhan explained. “I don’t think I’m going to go, no, I know I’m not going to go.”

            “Why not?” Sehun asked.

            “Because, I want to stay here. With Ji Hyun.”

            “Luhan, there’s something I need to tell you about Ji Hyun-“

            “You know, my mom is so full of herself,” Luhan continued ignoring Sehun. “She thinks that I can just get up and leave Ji Hyun. Why would anyone think that? Then she started telling me that maybe Ji Hyun divorced because she couldn’t get pregnant or because she might have left me for someone else, god sometimes I hate my mom-“

            “Luhan, Ji Hyun is going to die!” Sehun exclaimed.

            “What?” 

A/N: Who's happy Sehun said something? :D *raises hand* Although, I think people would have preferred if Sehun would have told Luhan Ji Hyun was pregnant. Since this chapter was kind of boring, I'm going to try and post another one by tonight or early in the morning, but since I have no life, I'm just going to be typing away! :D I know this chapter didn't really have much Ji Hyun/Luhan interaction with each other, but the next chapter will! I promise. Oh yeah and can one of you guys guess which character is going to make a special guest appearance? :D