Chapter 11

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

            How long has it been since Luhan has been gone? Everyday Ji Hyun thought that and as the days went by, she felt like Luhan has been gone for years. She hasn’t talked to him or seen him since the day he left Seoul. Mrs. Hwan would occasionally talk about Luhan and how people were praising him for his talent that was coming back. Mrs. Xi would get together with Mrs. Hwan and talk about how her son has gone back to how he was a couple years ago. Nothing mattered, but music. He went back to the Luhan who thought relationships were overrated and a waste of time. Once, Ji Hyun overheard Mrs. Xi and her mother discuss how Luhan has gone on a couple dates, but he always found flaws in them.

            Ji Hyun eventually told her parents that she was pregnant and how they responded was not well. As if Taeyeon being pregnant wasn’t enough, but Ji Hyun was pregnant and worst, the father wasn’t there to support her. Chanyeol apologized to Ji Hyun about calling her a and she apologized for slapping him; they both tried to completely forget about that night, but Chanyeol still had everything in his thoughts.

            It has been about a year since Luhan has been gone and Taeyeon and Chanyeol had a beautiful healthy daughter, whom they called Ji Min after Chanyeol and Ji Hyun’s sister of course. Ji Hyun was close to giving birth any day now and she was tired and couldn’t wait until the baby was here. Everyone wanted to know whether it was a boy or girl, but Ji Hyun didn’t want to know, she wanted it to be a surprise. Since Ji Hyun was close to giving birth, she was forced to move in with her parents, Ha Joon was excited to that Ji Hyun was pregnant and was hoping that if Ji Hyun gave birth to the baby Luhan would come back.

            Ji Hyun was in the living room staring at her phone, debating whether she should call Luhan. Every time she did, it would go straight to voicemail or she would hang up before he could answer.

            Chanyeol walked in with Ji Min in his arms and sat next to his sister. “What are you doing?”

            “I was just thinking about calling Luhan, not that it’ll do anything, I don’t know when the baby will come and I’m kind of afraid,” Ji Hyun admitted.

            “Why are you trying to call Luhan?” Chanyeol asked.

            “I don’t know… Because I miss him,” Ji Hyun replied. “and because I want him to know about his child.”

            “Don’t you think you should have thought about that when you first found out you were pregnant?”

            “I don’t really want your criticism; I already got it when I told Luhan’s friends I was pregnant. They looked like they were about to kill me.”

            “I’m pretty sure they didn’t hate you that much,” Chanyeol insisted.

            “Yeah, well easy for you to say. Jessica and Tiffany were happy, but I could tell if I wasn’t pregnant they would probably kill me,” Ji Hyun mumbled.

            “So they didn’t tell Luhan?”

            “No, they decided if they can’t kill me, they can punish me by making me tell Luhan. The only problem is every time I try to call Luhan he never answers. He probably thinks I’m going to talk to him more about the divorce,” Ji Hyun bitterly said as she placed her phone back in her pocket. “He hates me, he probably doesn’t even miss me.”

            “He doesn’t hate you, he’s just… Busy and I’m pretty sure he does miss you.”

            “How would you know? Do you talk to him on a daily basis or something?”

            “I actually do talk to Luhan when he calls me and we talk about a lot actually. We talk about Ji Min and a bunch of other things,” Chanyeol told Ji Hyun.

            “What other things?”

            “You know… Other things.”

            “I’m guess one of those other things would involve me,” Ji Hyun guessed.

            “Actually, we did have this conversation about you once. Luhan told me he met this girl that reminded him of you, but she wasn’t as pretty,” Chanyeol explained. “I told him that he should try to move on from you, but he said he can’t. He said you were the prettiest girl he’s ever met.”

            “Whatever, you’re just saying that to make me feel better,” Ji Hyun muttered.

            “Are you tired? Is that why you’re so cranky?” Chanyeol joked.

            “No Chanyeol. I’m not tired, I’m worried and annoyed. Whose hand am I supposed to hold when I’m giving birth? Who do I put as the father on the birth certificate? What am I supposed to tell my child when they ask me about their dad?”

            “One, you can hold my hand, I’ll be there for you or you can hold mom’s hand or dad’s, two you put Luhan’s name on the birth certificate, and three, you should call Luhan and tell him,” Chanyeol answered.

            “He’s probably going to hate me more than he already does. I should have never divorced him...”

            “Do you still love Luhan?” Chanyeol asked. Before Ji Hyun could answer, Ji Min started crying.

            “You should probably take her to Taeyeon,” Ji Hyun suggested. After Chanyeol left, Ji Hyun’s phone started ringing. On the caller ID, it was Luhan. Ji Hyun just pressed the reject button and put her phone on the table. She looked down at her stomach and sighed. “I love Luhan.”

            Luhan sighed when it went directly to voicemail. He was about to leave a message, but instead he decided to hang up feeling like Ji Hyun would probably just delete rather than listen to the message. It was empty in his hotel room and Luhan hated it, but that’s where he had to stay. He was in New York and just finished his performance at Carneige Hall the night before. He still had more places to go, but he missed Seoul. He missed his friends, his family, and most importantly Ji Hyun. When he talked to Chanyeol or his friends about Ji Hyun, they always said the same thing and would try to avoid talking about her to him. When he asked his mother about Ji Hyun, she told Luhan that she was doing fine and that he shouldn’t keep asking about her, but it bugged Luhan to not truly know if Ji Hyun was alright.

            Luhan tried to sleep, but his eyes wouldn’t close. He heard his phone vibrating on his next stand and reached for it. “Ji Hyun?”

            “No, Tiffany.”

            “Oh, Tiffany? Can you hang up, what if Ji Hyun calls me?” Luhan asked.

            “You could at least be happy your cousin is calling you in the first place. I just wanted to see how you were doing, but I just read your review and critics seem to think you’re doing much better.”

            “Sorry, I’m just worried about Ji Hyun, she always calls me, but whenever I call her back she never answers. She always tends to call me in the middle of a concert so I always have my phone off.”

            “Luhan, why don’t you just stop with the tour and then come back to Seoul to see Ji Hyun?” Tiffany suggested.

            “Why would I stop my tour? My mom would probably kill me, plus I don’t Ji Hyun would be happy to see me,” Luhan replied.

            “Well, are you coming back to Seoul in a couple days for a concert, you can visit Ji Hyun. I think she would be happy to see you. Oh yeah, I have a question for you Luhan.”

            “Okay what?”

            “Do you know how to change a diaper?”

            “What?”

            “Nothing, never mind. I’ll talk to you later okay? Bye!”

            Luhan was confused when Tiffany asked that question, but since it seemed completely irrelevant to him at the time he didn’t want to think about it too much. He completely forgot until Tiffany mentioned it that he was going back to Seoul to perform, but he was only going to stay there for two days. Luhan hoped that within those two days he would be able to reconcile with Ji Hyun.

            No matter what position Ji Hyun tried to sleep on, every position was uncomfortable. All there was in her entire body was pain and soreness. The pain was too much Ji Hyun couldn’t sleep even if she tried. Ji Hyun her nightstand lamp.

            “What’s wrong?” Ji Hyun looked down at her stomach. “I wish you were like your dad, you could sleep through anything, but I guess it shows that you are my child.” Ji Hyun reached for the music box, Luhan gave her a couple months ago and started playing it. The tiny sounds of “Angel” made Ji Hyun sleepy again, yet she still couldn’t sleep. “I wish your dad was here. He’d know what to do.”

             Ji Hyun winced in pain; she felt the baby kicking and groaned in pain. She tried to ignore it, but she couldn’t take the extreme pain. Ji Hyun reached for her phone and dialed in her mom’s phone number, even though her mom was just down the hall.

            “Ji Hyun?” By Mrs. Hwan’s voice Ji Hyun could tell her mother was asleep. “Why are you calling? What’s wrong?”

            “Mom, I’m having really bad contractions…” Ji Hyun took deep breaths trying to seize the pain. “I think the baby’s coming…”

 

             At the hospital, Tiffany, Lay, Kris, and Jessica were in the waiting room. When they heard Ji Hyun was giving birth they all raced to the hospital. Even though they weren’t really happy with Ji Hyun’s choices, they were still both hers and Luhan’s friends. Ji Hyun changed into the hospital gown and even though she didn’t want to, Dr. Choi suggested she walk around. Ji Hyun didn’t want to go out to the waiting room to the others, so she decided to walk around. Mrs. Hwan had to go back home to tell Mr. Hwan and Ha Joon that Ji Hyun was in labor, so she was by herself.

            Ji Hyun realized that she didn’t want to walk alone, so she asked one of the nurses to get the others. All four of them walked into Ji Hyun’s room and crammed themselves on the sofa.

            “How does it feel?” Lay asked.

             “How does it feel?” Ji Hyun was slightly irritated by the pain and the lack of sleep she wasn’t in the mood for Lay’s questions. “It feels like someone is hitting me on the head with a hammer while stabbing me in the back. Dr. Choi wants me to walk around, but if I do it’ll probably hurt more.”

              “Well if you just sit here then don’t you think it’ll hurt more?” Kris asked.

              Ji Hyun sat down on the hospital bed. “I’m not sure, but it doesn’t matter what I do. The baby won’t stop kicking.”

            “Well, I guess we know he’s Luhan’s kid,” Kris muttered. Jessica and Tiffany both looked at Kris confused. “Luhan’s a soccer player, remember?”

            “Did you call Luhan yet?” Jessica asked.

            “No,” Ji Hyun replied. “Do you really think this is a right time to call him? He’s probably sleeping or at a concert or whatever he normally does.”

            “Shouldn’t you call him?” Tiffany asked.

            “Can’t one of you call him?” Ji Hyun winced in pain again feeling another contraction. “God, I wish Luhan was here, he’d know what to do. He always knew how to take the pain away.”

            “Gross,” Lay mumbled.

            Ji Hyun glared at Lay. “I didn’t mean like that. God, if you were going to think like that you didn’t have to come here.”

           “Just because you’re giving birth doesn’t mean you have to be rude,” Jessica told Ji Hyun. “And maybe if you told Luhan this nine months ago he would be here.”

           Ji Hyun sighed as she lied down on the bed. “I guess it is my fault, everything is my fault. Why are you all even here?”

          “You guess?” Kris mumbled.

           Tiffany glared at Kris, Lay, and Jessica. “Ji Hyun, we want to be here. We’re not here just because of Luhan, but for you too.” There was a knock on the door and standing by it was Sehun and Kai.

          “Is the baby already here?” Kai joked.

           “What do you think?” Jessica said.

          “Sehun, can you take a walk with me?” Ji Hyun asked.

          “Uh… Sure?” Sehun helped Ji Hyun up, holding her hand and shoulder making sure she was balanced.

          “I’ll be right back,” Ji Hyun told the rest of them as her Sehun made their way out to the hall.

         “Are you okay?” Sehun asked.

          “No, I’m tired and it hurts,” Ji Hyun felt like she was on the verge of tears. “I miss Luhan.”

          “I’m pretty sure he misses you too, he actually does miss you.”

          Ji Hyun took deep breaths and stopped. “Sehun, I want to apologize to you.”

         “For what?” Sehun tilted his head a little.

         “For making you lie to Luhan a couple months ago. I shouldn’t have been so mad at you and I’m glad you told Luhan that I was sick. The best part is that I’m not even dying, although I feel like I’m dying right now.”

        Sehun laughed a little. “I’m pretty sure it’ll all be worth it in the end.”

        “When will that be?”

        “I’m pretty sure it’ll be soon. We should probably take you back to the room just in case your mom or the doctor comes.”

        Ji Hyun tried to sleep, but every time she closed her eyes a contraction would happen and she would be wide awake again. She sat up again and looked around the hospital room. Everyone left, but told Ji Hyun they would come back in an hour. Mrs. Hwan came back, but left telling Ji Hyun that she would come back after getting some sleep, since Chanyeol was coming to visit. Chanyeol watched his sister close her eyes and open them a second later and couldn’t help but giggle or laugh.

        “I wish this baby would hurry up and come out already,” Ji Hyun told Chanyeol.

        “So what are you going to name him? Or her?” Chanyeol wondered.

        “Is that question really necessary right now?” Ji Hyun snapped.

          “Just trying to get your mind off the pain.”

         Ji Hyun rolled her eyes. “I don’t know what I’m going to name him or her.”

          “So, when it comes out who do you think it’ll look like?”

         “I don’t know? I guess if it’s a boy it’ll look like Luhan and if it’s a girl it’ll look like me?”

          “Just because it’s a boy doesn’t mean it’ll look like Luhan.”

          “Well, do you think I sit here all day thinking about what my baby will look like? Me or Luhan?”

         “Have you called Luhan yet?” Chanyeol asked.

          “Am I really in the position to call Luhan?” Ji Hyun asked annoyed. She leaned her head back onto the bed and closed her eyes. “It feels like I’ve been doing this for days but when I look at the clock it tells me it’s only been five hours.”

          “I’m sorry to hear that.”

           “I guess I can start thinking of ways to apologize to Luhan or even tell him that I was pregnant this whole time.”

            “Just call him right now,” Chanyeol said. There was a knock on the door and it was Jessica and Tiffany.

            “Chanyeol, you should probably get back home to Taeyeon and Ji Min, we can stay here with Ji Hyun,” Tiffany told Chanyeol.

            “Okay, I’ll see you later Ji Hyun,” Chanyeol said as he left. Jessica and Tiffany sat next to Ji Hyun, who was still lying down on her bed trying to sleep.

              “Feeling any better? Did the doctor’s tell you anything?” Tiffany asked.

               “No and the doctor’s said I’m not far enough along,” Ji Hyun muttered. “I’ve been doing this for hours and its hurts. It really really hurts.”

              “Is there anything we can do for you?” Jessica asked.

              “If any of you guys can take the pain away that’d be nice, but I don’t think any of you can do that.”

              “Have you called Luhan yet?” Tiffany asked.

              “No, I’m afraid if I call him I’ll have another contraction and he’ll probably think I’m getting murdered.”

              “Well, it seems like you’ve been doing pretty well. Why don’t you call him right now?” Tiffany suggested. “It’s probably past 2 in the afternoon over there if its 6 AM here. Just call him. I’ll call him.”

              “Before you call him, I have something to say to you, both of you,” Ji Hyun said.

              “Okay what?” Jessica asked.

              “I’m sorry for everything as you can tell I don’t really have a lot of friends, so you two are probably my only friends. That is if you two aren’t mad at me,” Ji Hyun said.

               “Of course we’re your friends, we love you Ji Hyun,” Jessica replied. Jessica and Tiffany both looked at Ji Hyun was sound asleep. Tiffany noticed on the table, Ji Hyun’s phone was vibrating. Tiffany walked over and saw it was Luhan.

              “Should we pick it up?” Tiffany asked Jessica.

               Jessica didn’t even respond to Tiffany’s question and answered the phone. “Luhan?”

              “Ji Hyun?” Luhan said hopeful.

               “No, Jessica.”

               “Oh, Jessica… Is Ji Hyun there? And why do you have her phone?” Luhan asked.

               “Uh…” Jessica gave Tiffany a look telling her to wake up Ji Hyun. “We’re at the hospital.”

              “Why are you at the hospital? What’s wrong?”

               “Nothing’s wrong, actually it’s going great at the hospital.”

               Luhan was sighed with relief. “Wait, you still didn’t tell me why you’re in the hospital and with Ji Hyun’s phone.”

              Jessica noticed that Tiffany didn’t wake up Ji Hyun, instead Tiffany just ran out of the room. Jessica didn’t know what else to do, so she pressed the phone against Ji Hyun’s ear.

              “Jessica? Are you still there?” Luhan nearly shouted.

               Ji Hyun, startled by the sudden voice woke up and saw Jessica smiling. She noticed her phone was pressed against her ear. “Who is this?” Ji Hyun asked.

              “Luhan,” Jessica whispered.

              “Hello?” Ji Hyun took the phone from Jessica, thinking that she was lying.

               “Ji Hyun? Is that you?” Luhan asked.

               Hearing Luhan’s voice made Ji Hyun wide awake as she felt the baby starting to kick. She took deep breaths hoping it would sustain the pain. “Yeah, it’s me.”

               “Who’s in the hospital? Are you in the hospital?” Luhan asked.

                “Actually yeah, I am.”

                 “Why are you in the hospital? Are you okay? Do you need anything? What’s wrong?” Luhan started to panic, worried that something was wrong with Ji Hyun.

                  “Actually, I’m fine…” Tears were already in Ji Hyun’s eyes. “And I have to tell you something Luhan.”

                 “What? Is it good or bad news?”

                 “It depends on how you look at it, but either way you’re probably going to hate me.”

                  “Well, what is it?” Luhan was afraid to hear what Ji Hyun was going to tell him, thinking of all the bad possibilities. “Ji Hyun? What do you need to tell me?”

                  “I’m… pregnant?” Ji Hyun whispered.

                 “What? Can you repeat that?”

                 “I’m pregnant, Luhan.”

                 “You’re pregnant? Are you sure?”

                  “Yeah, I’m in labor right now,” Ji Hyun said, she tried to laugh, but when she did more tears came. “Luhan, I’m sorry.”

                  “What are you sorry about?” Luhan’s voice was shaking and Ji Hyun could tell he was on the verge of tears. “So… I’m guessing it’s mine? How did this happen?”

                  “What do you think?” Ji Hyun and Luhan both started giggling thinking about that night.

                  “Why didn’t you tell me?” Luhan asked.

                 “Because, I was afraid to, I found out after I filed for divorce, I should have told you… But I didn’t and I regret everything. It hurts, he won’t stop kicking and I can tell he wants to come out, but he’s waiting for his dad.”

                 “You’re having a boy?”

                 “I’m not sure, I wanted it to be a surprise, but I just have a feeling he’s going to be a boy.”

                 “I don’t think I’ll be there for when you have the baby.”

                “That’s fine, I kind of figured.  You don’t even have to come back to Seoul if you don’t want to,” Ji Hyun said.

                 “I want to, I was supposed to come back in two days, but I think I’ll leave tomorrow. I want to see you and the baby.”

                “What do you want to name him?”

                “Hm… If it’s a girl name her Sun Yee.”

               “What if it’s a boy?” Ji Hyun wondered.

               “You can pick,” Luhan smiled at the thought of the baby being a boy. “Ha Joon told me he wanted it to rhyme with his name.”

              “Okay, I’ll think about that.”

               “I love you Ji Hyun, I'm really sorry I can't be there right now.” 

              "Don't be sorry, it's all my fault. I regret filing for divorce... And I love you too Luhan."

              "I'll see you in a couple days, okay?" Luhan said. 

              "Okay, bye." 

A/N: This chapter felt so unrealistic, but I decided to post it up anyways. I feel like I'm rushing to get Ji Hyun and Luhan's kid out. I know everyones hating on Ji Hyun, but hey at least she apologized in this chapter, although it still doesn't excuse her previous actions, but at least Luhan knows she's pregnant, right? :D No? No? Okay... At least I tried. Who thinks Ji Hyun and Luhan will get back together?!?!?! *raises hand* 
Not sure when I'll have the next chapter posted up, but probably by Friday or sometime this week? I don't know. If you guys are wondering how I'm able to post so fast, I don't know, I've been in the mood to write a lot.