Chapter 15

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

             Tae Joon was running around the house trying to get away from Ji Hyun, who was trying to put a sweater on him before Luhan came to pick him up. Ji Hyun was chasing him around the house all day.

            For the past three years, Tae Joon has been switching off from Ji Hyun and Luhan, never really finding a problem with it. He loved spending time with just Ji Hyun or Luhan all to himself. He didn’t have to worry about them kissing in front of him or them holding hands, all their attention was on him. They would switch off every week, so Luhan would have one week and Ji Hyun would have one week. Tae Joon’s parents tried to make it easy as possible, but Ji Hyun was still bitter towards Luhan never saying anything to him unless she absolutely needed to.

            “Tae Joon, if you don’t put on a sweater right now I’m going to tell appa to leave you here,” Ji Hyun threatened.

            Tae Joon stopped and pouted his bottom lip. “No!”

            “Then come here or else appa isn’t going to come.”

            Tae Joon reluctantly walked over to Ji Hyun and let her put his sweater on him. After Ji Hyun put his sweater on him, Tae Joon sadly sat on the floor.

            “Don’t be sad just because I saw appa wasn’t coming.”

            “Appa…”

            “Don’t worry appa is coming, okay? I was just lying, appa loves you.”

            “Appa…” Tae Joon whimpered.

            “Do you like appa more or umma?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Appa!” Tae Joon squealed.

            “I kind of figured,” Ji Hyun muttered.

             Tae Joon sat down on Ji Hyun’s lap, sensing Ji Hyun’s jealously that he said he liked Luhan more. “Umma.” Ji Hyun kissed Tae Joon’s cheek, when the doorbell rang. “Appa!” Tae Joon ran over to the door, trying to reach for the doorknob to let Luhan in. “Door!” Ji Hyun opened, the door revealing Luhan. “Appa!”

            “Tae Joon!” Luhan pulled Tae Joon in for a hug throwing him up in the air and catching him, making Tae Joon giggle.

            “Missed appa,” Tae Joon told Luhan as he kissed Luhan’s nose.

             “I missed you too.” Luhan looked back at Ji Hyun who had half a smile on her face. “So, I guess I’ll see you next week then?”

             “Yeah, like always,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “So, how have you been?” Luhan asked.

             “I’ve been good and you?”

            “Same here.” Luhan looked at the floor awkwardly. “So… Are you seeing anyone?”

            “No, but Jessica told me that you started seeing Yoona.” Ji Hyun muttered.

             “Yeah, we just started talking again,” Luhan mumbled.

            “I don’t really care if you’re with her. It’s been three years and I think I’ve moved on,” Ji Hyun said bitterly.

           “Okay.” Luhan tried to hide his hurt and just nodded acting like he didn’t care. “I’ll see you next week. Say bye to umma, Tae Joon.”

          “Bye bye umma.” Tae Joon waved goodbye to Ji Hyun, blowing her kisses.

          “Bye Tae Joon.” Ji Hyun waved goodbye.

           Luhan placed Tae Joon in his car seat and looked back to see if Ji Hyun was still there, but she wasn’t.

          “Appa love umma?” Tae Joon said.

          “Yeah, appa loves umma,” Luhan sadly replied.

          Ji Hyun looked at her empty house, without Tae Joon’s little feet stomping around running or his little giggles, the house seemed empty. Ji Hyun felt a piercing ache in her heart, thinking about Luhan and Yoona being together. Tears slowly started rolling down her face thinking about it. Ji Hyun’s phone started ringing: It was Jessica.

          “Hello?” Ji Hyun answered in a stuffy voice.

          “Are you okay?” Jessica asked. “What’s wrong?”

          “Nothing, I’m fine.”

          “Oh well anyways… Kris told me that Luhan has Tae Joon this week, so I was wondering if you wanted to go out with me and Tiffany,” Jessica said.

          “Thanks, but no I don’t want to go out.”

           “It’s not like we’re going to a club, we’re just going to go and get something to eat. Stop being such a mom.”

           “If you haven’t noticed I am a mom, I’m a parent. I’m a parent with one of your best friends, if you haven’t forgotten.”

           “You’re one of my best friends and I don’t want to be friends with Luhan anymore, he’s being annoying, going out with Yoona,” Jessica replied. “Just come out with us. Okay?”

           “No,” Ji Hyun simply answered. “I don’t want to go out.”

           “Ji Hyun, you haven’t gone out with a guy since Luhan. I think you should go out, not go out and find a new guy, but just go out.”

           “Ugh, fine. What time?”

          “8 o’clock. Ji Hyun, I really think you should just forget about Luhan. It’s been three years and it seems like you two have been doing fine without each other, I mean you have Tae Joon and Luhan has…”

          “He has Yoona,” Ji Hyun finished.

          “That’s not what I meant,” Jessica insisted. “I meant to say something else.”

          “No, it’s okay, you can say it. Like I told Luhan, I don’t care if he goes out with Yoona. He can go out with anyone he wants, he’s not mine anymore.”

          “That’s good that you have a positive attitude, so see you tonight then?”

          “Yeah, bye.”

 

          Luhan was playing with Tae Joon, chasing him around the house. Tae Joon was screaming trying to get away from his dad. He turned to see where Luhan was and when he couldn’t find his dad anywhere, he stopped.

         “Appa!” Tae Joon shouted. “Appa?”

         “Boo!” Luhan grabbed Tae Joon from behind, making Tae Joon scream. “I got you!”

         “Stop it appa,” Tae Joon couldn’t stop laughing. The doorbell rang and Tae Joon’s laughing stopped. “Appa, door!”

         Luhan walked opened the door. Yoona immediately jumped into Luhan’s arms and lightly kissed his lips.

        “Hi Luhan!” Yoona greeted.

        “What are you doing here?” Luhan asked.

        “Aren’t you happy to see me?”

        “I am, but Tae Joon’s here and I don’t think Ji Hyun would like it if you were here.”

       “Well, she doesn’t have to know, it’ll just be between you and me… Oh and Tae Joon,” Yoona replied.

       “Fine… I guess it’s alright.” Luhan looked at Tae Joon, who was just staring at him and Yoona. “Tae Joon, do you want appa’s friend to stay over?”

        Tae Joon just shook his head. “No.”

 

        Ji Hyun knew it was a bad idea to go out with Jessica and Tiffany. They weren’t really getting something to eat, they were going to a bar. Ji Hyun hated going to places that involved alcohol, since she wasn’t that much of a drinker, but neither was Jessica and Tiffany thankfully. Luckily, the bar wasn’t a crazy loud place, it was a nice moderate place. The music wasn’t loud, it played nice slow jazz and there weren’t any crazy people there. Tiffany, Jessica, and Ji Hyun were sitting in a booth talking and laughing, although it was mostly Tiffany and Jessica who were doing most of the talking… and laughing.

        “Ji Hyun you can at least act like you’re having fun,” Jessica said.

        “I am having fun,” Ji Hyun claimed, of course she knew she was lying to herself if she said she was having fun.

        “Ji Hyun, you shouldn’t let Luhan ruin your night with us,” Tiffany said. “I think you should forget about my cousin.”

        “I have forgotten about your cousin,” Ji Hyun insisted. “I just think it’s weird that he’s going out with Yoona.”

        “I’m pretty sure he’s only going back out with Yoona, because she’s giving him ,” Jessica muttered.

        “What? They’re having ?” Ji Hyun said shocked.

        “Well from what Kris tells me, I’m pretty sure they’re not having right now, but I don’t know… If they keep going out I’m pretty sure they’re bound to do it sometime.”

         Tiffany nudged Jessica’s rib. “I’m pretty sure what Jessica meant to say was… They’re not having , right?”

        “Oh yeah,” Jessica mumbled.

        “Ji Hyun, we think it’s great that you’re over Luhan and Luhan’s over you,” Tiffany said. “We just want you to be happy.”

         “Thanks,” Ji Hyun tried to smile, but her smile was just a straight line. “I just want what’s best for Tae Joon.”

         “Yeah, but what are you going to do if Luhan married Yoona?” Jessica wondered. Tiffany nudged Jessica in the rib again, glaring at her for asking a question like that. “We just think you shouldn’t get your hopes up thinking you and Luhan are going to get back together.”

         “But I don’t even think that,” Ji Hyun stated. “It’s been three years and that suggestion hasn’t even popped up in my head.”

         “Do you ever wonder if Luhan wants to get back together?” Tiffany asked.

          “He obviously doesn’t, he’s with Yoona remember?” Ji Hyun replied.

         “You don’t know? What if he’s only with Yoona, because you won’t take him back?” Jessica pointed out.

         Ji Hyun was tired of these questions. Tiffany and Jessica wanted her to forget about Luhan, yet they were the ones bringing him up. “I think I need to get something to drink,” Ji Hyun mumbled as she got up.

        “Did you want us to come with you?” Tiffany asked.

         “No, it’s okay. Did you want anything?” Ji Hyun asked.

         “No.”

         Ji Hyun wasn’t actually getting a drink, she just didn’t want to hear Tiffany and Jessica continuing their ridiculous questions about Luhan and Yoona. Ji Hyun sat down and looked at her phone, looking at pictures of Tae Joon. She already missed him and it killed her to think that he was going to be gone for a whole week.

         “Is this spot taken?”

          “Oh no…” Ji Hyun looked up from her phone and nearly gasped when she saw who was talking to her. “Baekhyun? Byun Baekhyun?”

          “Ji Hyun, it’s been a while,” Baekhyun said as he hugged her.

          “How have you been?” Ji Hyun asked.

          “I’ve been good. How about you?”

          “I… I’ve been doing better. I don’t know if you’ve heard, but I got divorced.”

         “Oh yeah, I heard about that. I’m sorry. I knew how much you loved Luhan.”

         “No, it’s okay,” Ji Hyun replied. “I guess it just wasn’t meant to be. What about you are you seeing anyone? Are you married?”

         “No, I’m not married and no I’m not seeing anyone,” Baekhyun replied.

        “Really? How come?” Ji Hyun asked.

         “Because I never really got over someone I really cared about.”

        “Really? What happened?”

        “Let’s just say she ended up liking someone else, so it didn’t work out but…”

        “But what?” Ji Hyun said.

       “I think that might change,” Baekhyun replied.

 

       Luhan was able to put Tae Joon to sleep easily, leaving him and Yoona alone. Yoona was sitting on the couch waiting for him, when Luhan came out of Tae Joon’s room. Luhan still lived in the house him and Ji Hyun bought together and was able to redecorate the nursery into a little boy’s room for Tae Joon. Luhan sat next to Yoona and put his arm around her shoulder.

       “Can I ask you something?” Yoona said.

       “Okay? What?” Luhan asked.

       “Do you still like Ji Hyun?” Yoona wondered. “I mean, do you still have any feelings for her?”

       “No, of course not, I care about her, but only because she’s Tae Joon’s mom.”

       “So if Ji Hyun wasn’t Tae Joon’s mother, you wouldn’t have any feelings. You wouldn’t love her or anything?”

        “Of course not, I’m over Ji Hyun. I don’t have any more feelings towards her,” Luhan answered. 

        “Are you sure?” Yoona asked.

        “Yes, I’m positive.” Luhan wasn’t sure who he was trying to convince, Yoona or himself. 

        “Okay, good.” Yoona smiled as she leaned in to kiss Luhan, but was interrupted by the doorbell. Luhan walked over to the door and opened the door revealing, Kris, Kai, and Lay.

        “What are you guys doing here?” Luhan asked.

        “We wanted to see Tae Joon,” Kris replied.

         Kai saw Yoona sitting on the couch, “But we can tell you’re busy.”

        “No, I’m not busy and Tae Joon’s sleeping,” Luhan mumbled.

       “So, can we come in then?” Lay asked.

       “Sure,” Luhan moved to the side so his friends could get through. “Where’s Sehun?”

       “Oh you know, Sehun’s being Sehun,” Kai answered.

       “So, he’s still not talking to me then?” Luhan guessed.

       “Sehun will get over it. He’s just made that you’re not with-“ Kai stopped himself remembering Yoona was there. “Never mind.”

        “Well, since you two are busy doing stuff together, I guess we’ll just go. We don’t want to ruin something we weren’t invited to,” Kris said.

         “But you guys just got here,” Luhan replied.

        “Yeah, but we have to go meet Tiffany, Jessica, and…” Kris didn’t want to finish his sentence. “We just have to go.”

         “Alright, bye.”

         “Bye Luhan, bye Yoona,” Lay said. Yoona just waved bye, thankful that they were leaving.

          “I think the correct term is home wrecker or ,” Kai mumbled. Kris and Lay both punched his arm as they left.

 

            After about fifteen minutes, Tiffany and Jessica realized that Ji Hyun wasn’t even back yet. They looked over at the bar and saw Ji Hyun laughing and giggling with Baekhyun. At first they both rubbed their eyes to make sure it wasn’t a dream and it sure wasn’t.

            “What do you think they’re talking about?” Jessica asked.

            “Not sure…” Tiffany admitted.

            “Do you think Ji Hyun and Luhan still like each other?”

            Tiffany looked at Jessica. “I’m pretty sure they do, they just don’t want to admit it.”

            “So do you think they’ll ever get back together?” Jessica wondered.

            “I want them too and so does Sehun, but I don’t think it’s really our decision.”

            “Yeah, that’s true, shouldn’t we try to meet Yoona half way though?”

            “I don’t want to meet her halfway and don’t think any of us should,” Tiffany mumbled.

            “You’re so stubborn like Luhan,” Jessica mumbled.

            Baekhyun and Ji Hyun were still laughing about some of the good times they had in high school together.

            “I should probably get back to my friends, they’ll probably think I ditched them,” Ji Hyun told Baekhyun.

            “Sorry if I forced you to stay here and talk to me,” Baekhyun apologized.

            “No don’t be sorry, it was fun. I miss talking to you.”

            “I miss talking to you too. I’ll see you later Baekhyun.”

            “Bye Ji Hyun.” Baekhyun lightly kissed Ji Hyun’s cheek, making her blush a light red. When Ji Hyun walked back to the table she saw Kris, Lay, and Kai approach the table as well.

            “What are you three doing here?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “We were going over to Luhan’s to go see Tae Joon, but decided to come here instead,” Kris replied.

            “Why didn’t you play with Tae Joon?” Ji Hyun wondered.

            “Because Yoona was over there,” Kai simply answered. Kris and Lay punched Kai again on the arm glaring at him. “Ow, will you two stop that!”

            “Yoona’s over there?” All of them saw the color drain from Ji Hyun’s face when she heard that. “Come on we’re leaving!”

            “Where are we going?” Tiffany asked.

            “Where do you think?” Kris mumbled.

 

            Yoona got out of the bathroom, when she heard Tae Joon’s cry. She wasn’t sure if Luhan heard or not and was in Tae Joon’s room, but Yoona decided to go in there to see if Tae Joon was alright. When Yoona walked in there, she saw Tae Joon sitting on his bed crying.

            “Are you okay Tae Joon? What’s wrong?” Yoona picked up Tae Joon. “Let’s go to appa okay?” Yoona walked into the living room and saw Luhan sitting on the couch. “Luhan, Tae Joon’s awake.”

            “Hi Tae Joon,” Luhan greeted his son. He was about to get him from Yoona, when the doorbell rang. “Hold him quickly, I’ll get the doorbell.” Yoona followed Luhan to the door to see who was at the door.

            The minute Ji Hyun saw Tae Joon in Yoona’s arms, she cringed. Tiffany and Jessica looked at Luhan, who looked away. “Put my son down this minute.”

            “Don’t get upset I was just holding him,” Yoona said calmly.

            Ji Hyun snatched Tae Joon about from Yoona and turned to Luhan. “Why would you let her hold him?”

            “If you want you can take him home tonight, I’ll pick him up again tomorrow, but Yoona can hold Tae Joon whenever I want her to,” Luhan replied.

            “I don’t want that… that…”

            “?” Tiffany suggested.

            “Home wrecker?” Yoona mumbled, glaring at Ji Hyun.

            “Yeah, both of those things,” Ji Hyun agreed. “I don’t want that…”

            “Home wrecker,” Yoona finished.

            “Touching my child,” Ji Hyun said. “Tae Joon say goodbye to your appa.”

            “Bye bye appa.” Tae Joon waved goodbye to Luhan.

            “Bye Tae Joon,” Luhan gave Tae Joon a kiss. “I’ll see you tomorrow okay?”

            “I really hate you,” Ji Hyun told Luhan. “Why would you let her around my son?”

            “He’s my son too,” Luhan replied, “and I can let whoever I want hold him.”

            “Whatever… Let’s go Tae Joon.” 

A/N: I think I did too much of a time skip? Tell me your opinion on that. :) Anyways... Wow, Yoona and Ji Hyun, not the best of friends. Well, next chapter Luhan is going to lay down the law to Ji Hyun. Who's side do you think Luhan is going to take? 
Also, Mrs. Xi is going to talk to Tiffany about Tiffany's rude behavior towards everyone and ask why she's acting that way and Chanyeol is going to surprise everyone escpecially his sister, who might start to resent him. Oh, and did I mention Dr. Choi is going to be back as well!
Plus: Who's going to tell Luhan about Byun "Eye Smile" Baekhyun? Do you think he's going to be happy about it? Obviously not. 
All these little thoughts for you guys to think of for the next chapter :D