Chapter 21

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

            To Chanyeol it was a surprise to him to see Ha Joon so happy for once since for the past couple months he hasn’t been himself. Ha Joon was happily tinkering away at the piano, which amazed Chanyeol even more since Ha Joon never played the piano unless Luhan was there with him to supervise.

            Ha Joon was actually doing pretty well without Luhan there it almost seemed like Luhan wasn’t even Ha Joon’s teacher. Their parents were out so Ha Joon was by himself with the maids and caretakers. Chanyeol wanted to visit to see if he could talk to his parents about something, but since they weren’t here he decided he would spend time with Ha Joon. Chanyeol took a seat next to Ha Joon and was careful not to ruin Ha Joon’s perfect sanctuary.

            Ha Joon knew it was Chanyeol and immediately stopped playing. “Did you need something Chanyeol?” It was strange to hear such a name come out from Ha Joon’s mouth since he would always call Chanyeol ‘Channie Hyung.’ So it was strange to just hear his name come out.

            “Did you want to go visit Ji Hyun?” Chanyeol asked.

            “No.”

            “Did you want to at least visit Tae Joon?”

            “No.” Ha Joon started playing again note by note he seemed to forget Chanyeol’s existence. “Is that all Chanyeol?”

            “I haven’t talked to you in a while, did you want to get some ice cream?” Chanyeol asked.

            “No, but thanks for asking,” Ha Joon didn’t even bother to look at Chanyeol let alone actually pay attention, he was too focused on his song to even look up.

            “Ha Joon, are you alright?”

            Ha Joon completely ignored the question and continued playing. He was nearly banging the keys rather than touching them delicately like he normally did, probably to make the noise much louder.

            “Okay, well… Channie Hyung has to go now.”

            “Okay, bye.”

            Chanyeol walked out quietly closing the door behind him. He wasn’t sure why Ha Joon was acting so… Distant.

            “Are you leaving Chanyeol?” one of the housekeepers asked.

            “Yes.”

            “Would you like me to tell your parents you dropped by?”

            “No it’s alright,” Chanyeol gazed back at the closed door, he could still hear the tinkering of the piano keys. “How long has Ha Joon been like this?”

            The housekeeper turned to the close door. “Quite some time now, your mother thinks that Ha Joon is going through some phase.”

            “What type of phase? He’s only twelve.”

            She shrugged, “Not sure, but I think it’s nice for him to be quiet for once. He’s normally so loud, don’t get me wrong I love how active he is, but he seems more presentable and obedient.”

            “Ha Joon isn’t a dog… He’s a child,” Chanyeol thought in his head, he didn’t want to say it out loud because he didn’t want to stir anymore concern or trouble.

 

            Luhan knocked on the door waiting patiently for Ji Hyun. Tae Joon was in Luhan’s arms resting his head on his father’s shoulder. It was too early in the morning for Tae Joon. Ji Hyun opened the door, she looked perfectly put together even though she seemed terribly heartbroken about her talk with Luhan’s mother.

            “Oh hi Luhan,” Ji Hyun felt like venom was sliding down even saying Luhan’s name as if it was a time bomb about to explode.

            “Hi, I just brought Tae Joon over,” Luhan said. Tae Joon happily went to his mother and did the same thing he did resting his head on Ji Hyun’s shoulder. Luhan saw Baekhyun’s ring on Ji Hyun’s finger and couldn’t help but stare.

            Ji Hyun could tell that Luhan was staring and tried to hide her hand. “What?”

            “What is that?” Luhan pointed at the ring.

            “Oh this?” Ji Hyun tried to act as casual as possible. “It’s a ring.”

            “I know what it is, I mean… Who gave you that?”

            “Oh… Baekhyun did.”

            “Baekhyun?” Luhan balled his hand into a fist and clenched his teeth trying to control his anger. “When?”

            “Yesterday,” Ji Hyun knew that Luhan wouldn’t explode in front of Tae Joon, so it was best to tell him now instead of later. “He proposed… But I said no.”

            “He proposed? And you said no?” Luhan felt some relief hearing that Ji Hyun said no, but it still didn’t help him get over the fact that Baekhyun proposed. “Why didn’t you say yes?”

            Ji Hyun could tell Tae Joon was now fully awake and she didn’t want him to see his parents arguing. “Tae Joon, how about you go play with your toys okay?” Ji Hyun let Tae Joon run to his room. “Did you want me to say yes?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “Well, if you wanted to say yes you could have. Why didn’t you say yes?”

            “Because-“ Ji Hyun stopped herself. Because I love you, duh! “Because I don’t think I really loved Baekhyun the way he wanted me to and he was okay with it.”

            “You know why Baekhyun was okay with it? Because he probably didn’t love you like how you thought he did,” Luhan bitterly said.

            “Are you jealous Luhan?”

            “No, of course not, why would I be jealous? I’d be perfectly fine if you married Baekhyun, in fact I don’t really care if you’re with anyone else.”

            “Really? You really feel that way?” Ji Hyun held back the tears from emerging.

            “Yes, I tried to get you back, I did everything for you and you didn’t even care. I loved you ever since we’ve met when we were kids and then you go off asking for a divorce that I still don’t even know the reason to!” Luhan snapped.

            “There is no reason, I just felt like there was nothing left for us,” Ji Hyun calmly said.

            “Nothing? There was nothing left for us? What does that even mean? Did you even care about me?”

            “Of course I cared about you.”

            “Then why? Why did you divorce me?”

            “You know why!”

            “No I don’t!”

            “Because I was dying Luhan! Are you happy? I was dying! I didn’t want you to see me die so I decided to leave you so it wouldn’t hurt you that much!” Ji Hyun shouted. “But I guess I got lucky and I didn’t actually die!”

            Luhan was quiet for a moment to take in everything Ji Hyun said. “That’s funny Ji Hyun, you don’t have to lie to me.”

            “But I’m not lying, it’s true.”

            “Whatever you don’t want to tell me the real reason on the divorce don’t even bother. I won’t ask you about it anymore.”

           

            It was quiet compared to how it was when Jessica was living with Kris. Her apartment seemed completely empty and she couldn’t stand the complete utter silence. She and Kris would always sit on the couch or cuddle in bed together talking about each other’s day and how much they loved each other. Of course that was all gone and to Jessica she felt she would never see those days again since she refused to get back with Kris. Though her mind told her it was wrong, her aching heart was telling her she should hurry up and get back with Kris.

            Her cell phone was shaking in her hand as she was debating whether or not she should call Kris. She quickly dialed in his phone number, knowing it by heart and she pressed her phone against her ear. One ring… Two rings… Three rings…

            “Hi this is Kris, sorry I couldn’t get to you but I’ll get back to you as soon as I can, bye,” Kris’s voicemail said.

            Jessica in a way was happy to get Kris’s voicemail instead of him actually answering. “Hey Kris… It’s Jessica…” There was a pause, since Jessica didn’t exactly know what she was supposed to say. “Kris…” Jessica took a deep breath, feeling tears creeping up. “I miss you and...” Jessica nearly choked as her tears started rolling down. “I just… Bye.”

            To Jessica’s knowledge, Kris actually did answer his phone and heard everything Jessica said, though she didn’t really say much, Kris could tell Jessica was hurting just as much as she was. Though she didn’t want to admit it, he knew she missed him. Kris was deciding whether to call her back or not, but came to the conclusion it would be best if he didn’t.

            Luhan was meeting Yoona for dinner hoping it would get his mind off of his fight with Ji Hyun. He didn’t want to say all those things to Ji Hyun, but the fact that he found out about Baekhyun proposing to her he couldn’t control himself. Yoona was patiently waiting for him and when she saw him she hugged him like she always did.

            “How are you Luhan?” Yoona asked happily.

            “I’m good, what about you?” Luhan replied.

            “I’ve been good, so is Tae Joon with Ji Hyun tonight?”

            “Yeah,” Luhan mumbled. He was trying to get Ji Hyun out of his mind yet Yoona had to mention her name.

            “What’s wrong?” Yoona noticed Luhan cringed at the sound of Ji Hyun’s name.

            “Nothing…”

            “No really what’s wrong?”

            “Baekhyun proposed to Ji Hyun,” Luhan told Yoona.

            “What?” Yoona tried to contain her shock. “What did Ji Hyun say?”

            “She said no.”

            “Oh… Luhan, I need to tell you something,” Yoona admitted.

            “I need to tell you something too,” Luhan said.

            “Oh… Okay, you first.”

            “Okay,” Luhan reached into his pocket and pulled out a tiny jewelry box. He knelt down beside Yoona on one knee.

            “Luhan, what are you doing?” Yoona felt her heart race and sweat beading down her forehead.

            “Yoona, will you marry me?”

            Yoona didn’t know what to say, she was utterly speechless. Before Yoona could answer, Luhan’s phone started ringing in his pocket. “You should probably pick that up,” Yoona suggested.

 

            After putting Tae Joon to bed, Ji Hyun was enjoying the silence. She was in bed skimming through magazines. Baekhyun’s ring was still on her finger, she didn’t feel the need to take it off even though Luhan snapped at her about it. Ji Hyun’s throat started to feel a little sore and she felt the need to cough. Ji Hyun started coughing covering to muffle the sound so Tae Joon wouldn’t wake up. Ji Hyun looked down at her hands and noticed tiny drops of blood on it. 

            On her night stand, Ji Hyun’s phone started ringing, quickly she wiped her blood on a sheet and reached for her phone. “Hello?”

            “Ji Hyun? Is Ha Joon there?” It was Mrs. Hwan and by the tone of her voice Ji Hyun knew she was frantic.

            “No, what’s wrong?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “W-well… Your father and I… We went out with a couple friends so Ha Joon was at home with some of the housekeepers. I don’t know what happened, but he’s gone!”

            “What?”

            “I asked Chanyeol if he’s seen Ha Joon at all, he told me that he came over to visit, but when he went to go visit Ha Joon was practicing the piano, he wasn’t doing anything.”

            “What about the housekeepers?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “They said that Ha Joon went to go play outside, you know Ha Joon he would never run off,” Mrs. Hwan said. “What if something happened to him? What if he ran away?”

            “Don’t worry mom, I’ll go look for Ha Joon,” Ji Hyun stated.

            “What about Tae Joon?”

            “I’ll bring him with me to go look for him, I’m pretty sure Ha Joon wouldn’t go that far. Who else did you call?”

            “I called Chanyeol, Tiffany, Jessica, and Luhan,” Mrs. Hwan replied.

            Ji Hyun was about to say same thing about Mrs. Hwan calling Luhan, when she started coughing again. Ji Hyun covered again with her sleeve and noticed that there was blood again. 

 

A/N: Hi everyone! I feel like I haven't updated in forever, which I probably haven't. I feel like this chapter is really short, but I decided to make my stories a little short so I could be able to update more often and because I feel like you guys probably get tired of reading super long chapters. Okay, seriously I have so many ideas pouring in my head, but I don't want to make like 10 stories and not be able to update them. I mean I can barely update this one and my D.O. story, but like I said I'll start working on that one when I finish this story. 
Okay, so... Yoona? She's obviously going to tell Luhan about her and Bacon right? Right? WRONG! She's going to tell someone why her and Bacon didn't work out in the first place. Plus, Ji Hyun is going to go to the doctor's office to see what's wrong with her cough and Kris and Jessica are going to talk again! :D