Chapter 2

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

A/N: Hey everyone!!! Sorry I haven't updated, but homework is a killer. I know that's my excuse every time, but please just hang in there, since I am busy and I do try to write whenever I can, which is normally on the weekends.The reason why I'm doing an author's note at the beginning instead of at the end like I normally do is because I changed a little of chapter 1 at the end with Tae Joon, I decided not to add him in. Well, I guess you can say he'll still be in the story, but he'll come in completely different. Sorry, this story is kind of a little unorganized, because I didn't really plan out how I was going to do this, but now I have an idea so be happy! :D Oh yeah, please excuse my failed semi- thing at the beginning. Some people were just like if Luhan and Ji Hyun are going to have a kid again, shouldn't there be a ? I'M TERRIBLE AT WRITING !!! It's just not my thing, so I just write implying that obviously they did some baby making. LOL! 

BTW: Who's going to KCon? This girl!!!! Maybe I'll see one of you guys and just not know it? Lol.             

 

            Throughout the night, Ji Hyun couldn’t stop tossing and turning. She turned to her side and saw Luhan’s angelic face sleeping so soundly. She envied her husband’s ability to fall into a deep sleep the minute he closed his eyes. He looked so comfortable and Ji Hyun couldn’t help but admire Luhan’s perfection. She felt guilty for not being able to tell him, but all he cared about was them being able to actually have a child.

            “Luhan,” Ji Hyun whispered as she shook him softly. “Are you awake?”

            Luhan stirred a little before he realized that Ji Hyun was talking to him. He opened his eyes slightly and yawned. “Ji Hyun… I’m tired.”

            “I can’t sleep.”

            “What’s wrong?” Luhan slowly started drifting back to sleep. It was obvious to Ji Hyun that Luhan wasn’t going to stay awake with her. Ji Hyun moved closer to Luhan, burying her face in his chest. She looked up and noticed Luhan didn’t budge.

            I know how to wake him up. Ji Hyun kissed Luhan’s neck and made his way to his lips.

            Luhan slowly opened his eyes again and smiled. “Okay, I’m awake. What do you want Ji Hyun?”

            Ji Hyun sat up and the lamp next to her. “I don’t know why, I just don’t feel comfortable.”

            “How can you not be comfortable in a bed?” Luhan asked rubbing his eyes from the bright lights coming from the lamp. He sat up and reached for Ji Hyun’s hand kissing it. “I’m pretty sure if you just close your eyes you’ll fall asleep.”

            “Luhan! I just can’t go to sleep.” Ji Hyun crossed her arms.

            “Well, what do you suspect we do?”

            “You can stay up with me?”

            “Or we can do something fun.” Luhan lifted Ji Hyun’s chin and kissed her lips. Ji Hyun wrapped her arms around Luhan bringing him closer. Luhan broke away from the kiss leaving Ji Hyun wanting more.

            “This is keeping me more awake,” Ji Hyun pouted.

            “Do you want to know what I’m thinking about right now?” Luhan whispered in Ji Hyun’s ear, sending shivers down her entire body.

            “I might.” Ji Hyun crashed her lips into Luhan’s, but broke away from the kiss. “I don’t think we should do this.”

            “I think we should.” Luhan’s cold hands sent shivers through Ji Hyun’s body making her flinch as he lifted her shirt throwing it across the room.

            As clothes were shed, all of Ji Hyun’s pain was made into lust and pleasure. Ji Hyun dug her nails into Luhan’s back making Luhan wince and growl. He clenched his jaw as Ji Hyun wrapped her legs around his waist making him go in deeper. Ji Hyun felt suffocated from the inside; she wanted to die right then and there. With a couple more s, they both reached their . Luhan collapsed next to his wife who was panting just as much as he was. He reached for Ji Hyun’s hand interlocking it with his, he kissed the back of her hand. Ji just smiled, for she was too tired to say anything, so she just closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

           

            The next morning, Ji Hyun woke up to the bright lights streaming through a crack through the curtains. She slowly opened her eyes and turned to her side and noticed Luhan was still sleeping. His angelic face made Ji Hyun smile. She moved the strands of his hair and softly touched his cheek. Luhan stirred a little at her ticklish touch.

            He opened one eye and grinned seeing his wife. “Good morning.”

            “Good morning,” Ji Hyun greeted.

            Luhan kissed Ji Hyun’s nose. “We should just stay in bed all day.”

            “As much as I’d love to I’d rather not,” Ji Hyun reached for her clothes and put them on quickly. “My mom actually wants us to have breakfast together, so we have to get up and get ready.”

            “Do we have to?”

            “Yes.”

            Only getting thirty minutes to get ready, Ji Hyun quickly tied her hair, put on some make up, and ran out the door in nice dress not before pestering Luhan to hurry up. Luhan fixed his tie walking down the hall when he stopped in front of the nursery. He started thinking about last night; a smile crept onto Luhan’s face thinking about the possibility if Ji Hyun got pregnant again.

            Luhan and Ji Hyun both arrived at Ji Hyun’s parent’s house holding each other’s hand. Every time Ji Hyun made eye contact with Luhan, he would smile at her and kiss her cheek or forehead. It made Ji Hyun a little uncomfortable, because she needed to tell Luhan something important, yet someone or something was always interrupting. The second the door opened, Ha Joon jumped into Luhan’s arms.

            “Luhan hyung!” Ha Joon exclaimed wrapping his arms around Luhan. To Ji Hyun, it seemed every time Ha Joon saw Luhan there was a twinkle in his eye that always have Ha Joon that happy aura. “Luhan hyung, come to my room and play with me!”

            “What about Ji Hyun?” Luhan asked.

            “She can stay with momma and dad,” Ha Joon simply replied still dragging Luhan. “Come on! Come on! Come on!”

            “Ha Joon, how about I talk with your parents first and then we can play, okay?” Luhan suggested.

            Ha Joon just sighed. “Okay…” Before Luhan could say anything else, Ha Joon ran upstairs to his room and slammed his door.

            “I hope he isn’t mad at me,” Luhan said to Ji Hyun smiling.

            “It’s okay, he’ll get over it.” Ji Hyun replied. Mr. and Mrs. Hwan walked over to Luhan and Ji Hyun, like always dressed so formally, even though they were just at home.

            “Ji Hyun, would you like to help set the table?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

            “Oh, of course,” Ji Hyun said awkwardly, since she thought Mrs. Hwan always had the maid set up their meals. The moment, Ji Hyun let unwrapped her arms away from Luhan, Luhan felt a little chill run up his arm. He watched as he saw his wife and mother-in-law head towards the dining hall.

            “Luhan, maybe you and I can talk for a little bit,” Mr. Hwan suggested. “Let’s go talk outside in the back.”

            “Oh, okay,” Luhan followed Mr. Hwan to the backyard. As he was following him, he realized that he’s never actually had a full conversation with Mr. Hwan. The last time he had a true conversation with Mr. Hwan, was when Mr. Hwan was telling Luhan about Ji Hyun and why she couldn’t remember Luhan. Of course they had their conversations every now and then, but normally Ji Hyun was the one to talk to answer for Luhan. It was hard to believe that Luhan has been married to Ji Hyun for almost two years and yet he’s never had a full conversation with Mr. Hwan.

            Luhan was walking side by side with Mr. Hwan, trying his best to keep his distance. He almost forgot that since Mr. Hwan and Mrs. Hwan loved the open space, the backyard was bigger than most backyards. They walked down the nice concrete patterned walkway, looking straight instead of at each other.

            “So, what did you want to talk about?” Luhan awkwardly ask, looking down at the floor.

            Mr. Hwan stopped and faced Luhan. “Do you love Ji Hyun?”

            “Yes, of course.”

            “How has she been lately?”

            “She’s been doing better; I think she’s happier than she was a month ago.”

            “That’s good.”

            “Mr. Hwan… I mean… Dad?” It felt like a completely new language saying the word ‘dad’ in Luhan’s vocabulary. “Do I call you that?”

            “Yes, you can call me anything you feel comfortable with,” Mr. Hwan replied.

            “Okay… Dad… Well, yesterday, Ji Hyun told me that the doctor said it was okay if we wanted to try again,” Luhan informed.

            “Do you plan on trying again?”

            “Yes, I want to.”

            “Luhan, in all honesty, would you leave Ji Hyun if she was unable to have children?” Mr. Hwan’s stare nearly felt like it was daggers piercing through Luhan; his face was nothing but seriousness.

            “Of course not, I love Ji Hyun. She’s everything I’ve ever wanted.”

            “Good, I would never want anything to hurt Ji Hyun again.”

            “I would never do anything to hurt Ji Hyun,” Luhan promised.

            After Ji Hyun and Mrs. Hwan were finished setting the table, they were now in the kitchen cleaning up a little before they ate. Mrs. Hwan looked at her daughter, at how normal she looked compared to how she looked a couple weeks ago.

            “So, how was the doctor’s yesterday?” Mrs. Hwan wondered.

            “It was good,” Ji Hyun said. “The doctor said Luhan and I could try again if we wanted to.”

            “Really? That’s good. Are you going to try again?” Mrs. Hwan had a surge of happiness rush through her when she heard the news.

            “Yes, I guess. Whatever happens?” Ji Hyun felt uncomfortable getting into the topic if she got pregnant again. “Mom, the doctor told me something else.”

            “What?”

            Ji Hyun stopped with hesitation starting to overwhelm her. Did she really want to tell her mom? Of course she was bound to find out either way, but she started debating if she should tell Luhan first. Mrs. Hwan’s smile faded after a moment of silence.

            “What is it Ji Hyun?” Mrs. Hwan asked.

            “Uh… Never mind, it’s nothing,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes.”

            “I guess we should get your father and Luhan,” Mrs. Hwan suggested, she made her way to the backyard leaving Ji Hyun alone.

            Once Luhan and Mr. Hwan came back inside, Ha Joon came running downstairs for breakfast. As they all sat around the dining table, Ji Hyun sat feeling nothing but a numb feeling throughout her whole body. She felt like she was in a new atmosphere, a place like she’s been at fir the first time. It was probably because she hasn’t been to her parent’s house in forever.

            Luhan noticed the stiffness in Ji Hyun and reached over touching her hand. Ji Hyun flinched, until she realized it was just Luhan. She looked right next to her and saw Luhan smiling at her.

            Ha Joon noticed the silence in his older sister. “Noona, are you sad because I didn’t invite you to play with me and hyung?”

            “Yes, I’m very sad.” Ji Hyun tried her best to make herself look upset, but she felt like she actually didn’t need to try.

            “You’re invited to play with me and hyung too! Although, I don’t think you would like it because me and hyung are going to be doing boy stuff.”

            “That’s fine.” Ji Hyun looked down at her plate and realized she didn’t touch anything. She tried to touch her food, but she just couldn’t eat it, Ji Hyun felt like she was going to throw up if she did.

            “Ji Hyun? Is something wrong?” Mrs. Hwan asked concerned of her daughter’s quietness.

            Ji Hyun smiled trying to conceal her real thoughts. “I’m just not hungry. I think I’m just tired.”

            “We can go home,” Luhan suggested.

            “No, it’s okay. Ha Joon wants you to play with him.”

            “No, if you’re tired we can go home.” Luhan got up from the table and followed Ji Hyun out. Mr. and Mrs. Hwan followed closely behind with Ha Joon who still had food stuffed in his mouth.

            “It was nice to see you two, don’t hesitate to come back!” Mrs. Hwan nearly shouted as they walked out the door.

            Luhan turned and waved goodbye. “Thank you! Ha Joon, we’ll play next time okay?”

            “Okay hyung!” Ha Joon said with food still in his mouth.

            The car ride was completely silent, Luhan decided not to say anything so Ji Hyun wouldn’t get irritated since that’s how she always was when she was tired. She tried to sleep during the car ride, but she just couldn’t drift to sleep. The second they got home, Ji Hyun went to their room and collapsed on her bed. Luhan lied down next to Ji Hyun propping himself on his elbow facing her.

            “What’s wrong?” Luhan asked.

            “Nothing. Nothing’s wrong.” Ji Hyun’s replies were muffled by her pillow because she had her face buried in it.

            “Are you sure?”

            “Yes, everything is fine. Is there something wrong with you?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “No.”

            Ji Hyun sat up. “I think I’m going to your mother’s store today. I feel like I have a need to visit her and thank her for all the leftovers she left.”

            “Did you want me to come with you?” Luhan asked.

            “No, you can stay here.” Ji Hyun lightly kissed Luhan’s lips and made her way out the door again.

            At the bridal store, there were a million things going: brides yelling at their consultant, brides crying, mother’s crying, a consultant running around with a dozen dresses in her arm. It was completely mind blowing. Mrs. Xi was talking to a customer, laughing and smiling like they were best friends. The minute, Mrs. Xi saw Ji Hyun she smiled and run over to her with open arms.

            “Ji Hyun! I thought I was never going to see you in here again,” Mrs. Xi cried.

            “I just wanted to come by,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “Where’s Luhan?”

            “He’s at home; I told him he didn’t have to come with me.” Ji Hyun started to get a little uncomfortable again, feeling the need to just walk out again. “Maybe I should come back to work again.”

            “You know your mom called me a couple minutes ago,” Mrs. Xi had a big smile on her face, which was pretty clear to Ji Hyun that her mother told Mrs. Xi she was able to try again for a baby. “Are you and Luhan trying again?”

            “Yes,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “I really hope it’s a girl again, I would love to dress her up in dresses and bring her here, so she can experience wedding dresses,” Mrs. Xi sighed like she was in a dream. “You since I only had Luhan and he was a boy, I was a little upset because I didn’t have a girl and then there was Chanyeol.”

            “Of course,” Ji Hyun replied.

            “If you two have a boy too, I wouldn’t mind either, but I would still prefer a girl. Your mother and I were talking about whether you were going to have a boy or girl. Your mother said she would prefer you have a boy because you’re so moody and you would just fight with your daughter, but I don’t think that’s true.” Mrs. Xi’s mindless chatter made Ji Hyun want to go back home and jump into bed and cuddle with Luhan missing his touch.

            “Oh my god Soo min your baby is adorable!”

            The word ‘baby’ made Ji Hyun turn as she saw a bride looking down at a tiny little infant swaddled in her mother’s arm. Ji Hyun’s expression was completely blank, but Mrs. Xi could see the angst in Ji Hyun. For a couple minutes, Ji Hyun stood there completely mind struck, when she remembered that she was still with Mrs. Xi.

            “I think I’m going to go home now,” Ji Hyun told Mrs. Xi. “Thank you for everything.”

            “Ji Hyun, maybe you and I can have tea sometime, I feel like I haven’t been able to bond with you that much,” Mrs. Xi said.

            “Okay, whenever you like.” Ji Hyun walked out heading back to her car. While she was walking to her car, her phone went off. Ji Hyun reached for her phone in her purse and pressed it against her ear. “Hello?”

            “Mrs. Xi? Hello, this is Dr. Choi, I was wondering if you wouldn’t mind coming by my office to talk to you about something.”

            “Right now?” Ji Hyun felt her heart stop.

            “If you have time, then yes,” Dr. Choi said.

            “O…Okay, I’ll come right now.” The second Ji Hyun hung up her cell phone she felt tears well up in her eyes.