Chapter 14

Forever In Your Eyes (Sequel to Only You)

 

            Ji Hyun woke up to Tae Joon’s loud cry, she instantly shot out of bed and was ready to head over to the nursery when the crying stopped. Confused, she turned over to see if Luhan was sleeping right next to her, but he wasn’t. Ji Hyun walked into the nursery and saw Luhan holding Tae Joon feeding him his bottle.

            Luhan saw Ji Hyun and smiled. “Look Tae Joon, mommy’s awake.”

            “What are you doing?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “I’m feeding him his bottle, he was crying about an hour ago and you were still sleeping so I decided I would take care of him.”

            “I’m sorry, I’m just so tired,” JI Hyun sighed. “Why are you being so nice?”

            “What do you mean? Aren’t I always this nice?”

            “No, I mean why are you being so nice to me?”

            “Because I love you and I love Tae Joon. Do I have to be mean to you to show that I love you?”

            “No, it’s just… Thank you.”

            “Anytime,” Luhan replied.

 

            Chanyeol felt nervous coming to Mrs. Xi for help, but he absolutely had no one to turn to. Mr. and Mrs. Hwan were still a little resentful towards Chanyeol for having a baby and being married to Taeyeon, and not being told about it till the last minute. The only time Chanyeol ever went to the bridal store was when Ji Hyun was there, so he felt even more nervous with Ji Hyun not there. There were already quite a few people there and it didn’t dawn on Chanyeol till now that he was the only guy there. He saw Mrs. Xi, at the front desk shuffling through papers.

            Slowly approaching Mrs. Xi, Chanyeol’s throat started to dry up. “Uh… Mrs. Xi, I mean… Mom? I’m sorry what do I call you?”

            “You can call me mom or Mrs. Xi, whatever works for you,” Mrs. Xi tried to contain her happiness seeing Chanyeol by himself and actually wanting to talk to her.

            “Okay… Mom? Uh… How have you been? Have you seen Tae Joon yet?”

            “I’ve been doing well and no I haven’t seen Tae Joon because I’ve been so busy, but I asked Luhan and Ji Hyun to bring him by today.”

            “That’s good… Are you happy for Luhan and Ji Hyun?”

            “Yes, I am happy for them, although I wished they weren’t divorced still and they were actually together, I would be even happier,” Mrs. Xi admitted. “But as long as they are both happy and Tae Joon is healthy.”

            “That’s true, at least you have a grandson,” Chanyeol replied.

            “And a granddaughter if you count Ji Min.”

            “Right… You should come see her often, my parent’s I mean… you know they haven’t really been talking to me much.”

            “I’m sorry to hear that, if you ever need anything Chanyeol, I’m here for you.”

            “Actually there is something you can help me with,” Chanyeol muttered.

            “What?”

            “I know this is kind of sudden, but Taeyeon and I are kind of short on money and…”

            “And you thought I could loan you some.”

            “Mrs. Xi, mom, I promise I’ll pay you back whenever I can.”

            Mrs. Xi reached for her purse and grabbed out her checkbook. “I hope this is enough for you and Taeyeon for a while. If you need anything else don’t be hesitant to ask.”

            “Thank you.”

            “Chanyeol, it would be nice if you could come see me just because you want to and not because you need me for money.”

            “I understand.”

            “But I’m here for you, if you need anything.”

            Chanyeol nodded. “Okay, thank you again.”

            Jessica and Tiffany both walked into the bridal store surprised to see Chanyeol, when Ji Hyun wasn’t there. Chanyeol just waved bye and left leaving Jessica and Tiffany and little confused on why Chanyeol was such in a rush to leave.

            “Hi auntie!” Tiffany greeted. “What was Chanyeol doing here?”

            “Oh, he was just here to stop by and say hi,” Mrs. Xi lied.

            “He seemed like he was in a rush to leave,” Jessica said. “Oh well boys are weird like that.”

            “What did you girls need?” Mrs. Xi asked.

            “Well, auntie, since Ji Hyun is probably never coming back to work here, I was thinking I should take her place,” Tiffany replied. “Ji Hyun probably doesn’t mind because she’s so occupied with the baby she probably doesn’t care.”

            “Do you two think it’s okay that Ji Hyun and Luhan are together again even though they just got divorced?” Mrs. Xi wondered.

            Jessica was a little thrown off by the sudden question. “No, of course not, Luhan should be able to do whatever he wants. Right Tiffany?”

            “Why do you ask auntie?” Tiffany ignored Jessica and looked her aunt suspiciously.

            “It’s just that… While they were separated and Luhan was on tour he went on a couple dates with some girls and…”

            “And?” Tiffany asked.

            “You went out with one of Chanyeol’s friends, her name is Yoona. She called me telling me that her date with Luhan went pretty well,” Mrs. Xi explained.

            “Well as in? They liked each other? Or well as in she didn’t want to bash your son so she lied?” Jessica asked.

            “Well as in they had a good time,” Mrs. Xi said. “She called me telling me she’s here in Seoul a couple days ago.”

            “What are you going to do?” Tiffany asked.

            “I’m not sure? I guess I should tell Luhan, if he doesn’t know yet. I haven’t really talked to Luhan about Yoona.”

            “Are you going to tell Ji Hyun?” Jessica wondered.

            “I don’t think I should be the one to tell Ji Hyun and she already knows that Luhan went on a couple dates. Yoona was just the only one who said Luhan was actually happy on his date with her,” Mrs. Xi said.

            “What if she was just lying?” Tiffany suggested.

            “Why would she lie?” Mrs. Xi pointed out. “I don’t think she would lie, plus, don’t any of you wonder?”

            “Wonder what?” Jessica asked.

            “Do you wonder why Luhan didn’t come back till now? When he found out about Tae Joon?” Mrs. Xi replied. “Do you think Luhan is only staying with Ji Hyun because of their son?”

            “Why would you think that?!” Tiffany snapped. “Do you really think Luhan is like that?”

            “Think about it, why didn’t Luhan come back earlier?”

            “Maybe because he didn’t want to get hurt if he came back and Ji Hyun rejected him again! Did you ever think of that?” Tiffany defended. “You shouldn’t be thinking like that.”

            “What about Ji Hyun? Do you think she still loves Luhan? Why did she get a divorce in the first place?” Mrs. Xi said. It didn’t dawn on Jessica and Tiffany that they still didn’t really know why Ji Hyun divorced Luhan, but Tiffany didn’t care she was still going to defend Luhan and Ji Hyun.

            “Auntie, I think you should be ashamed for saying those things,” Tiffany replied. “I think Luhan and Ji Hyun are old enough to work out their problems without you making things worst. Stop worrying about Luhan and worry about Chanyeol, your other son.”

“Tiffany-“

                “Why do you always do this to Luhan? When he’s finally happy you feel like it’s the end of the world and you can’t stand to see him happy, but when he’s upset you get some kick out of it.” Tiffany just walked out the bridal store; Jessica reluctantly followed, not sure whether she should have just left Tiffany alone to let her cool down.

 

               While Luhan was driving, he noticed that Ji Hyun was already asleep. He reached for her hand, filling the spaces between her fingers with his. Ji Hyun didn’t move an inch, but instead just smiled at the touch.

              When arriving to the bridal store, Luhan felt uncomfortable, wondering if his mom knew what happened between him and Yoona. She probably did. She knew ninety-nine percent of the time what went on in Luhan’s life. The moment, Luhan walked in with Tae Joon in his car seat, Mrs. Xi nearly screamed her excitement at her newborn grandson.

            “He looks exactly like Luhan,” Mrs. Xi told Ji Hyun over and over again. “I think he is just the cutest thing.”

            "Are you talking about Luhan or Tae Joon?” Ji Hyun asked.

            “I’m talking about Tae Joon of course!” Mrs. Xi kissed Tae Joon ever three seconds, he would start squirming and whimpering. “He is so cute.”

             “I know he is, isn’t he?”

             Luhan was roaming around the store as his mom was still gushing to Ji Hyun about their son. While Luhan was walking around, he saw the door to the stop open and when he saw Yoona walk in, he wished it was nothing but a dream. Yoona’s face cringed when she saw Luhan, but yet she knew she still loved and cared about him.

            “What are you doing here?” Luhan asked.

             “I wanted to talk to your mom about something, but if I knew you were here I wouldn’t have come,” Yoona said stiffly. “What are you doing here?”

             “Luhan!” Ji Hyun came with Tae Joon sleeping in his car seat. Yoona with Mrs. Xi following close behind her. When Mrs. Xi saw Yoona, she felt her whole body become weak.

             “Yeah, Ji Hyun?” Luhan said.  

            Ji Hyun smiled at Yoona, “Hi, you’re Yoona right? I remember you came a couple months ago when Chanyeol’s other friends came although I’m sorry we didn’t talk that much.”

            “Is that your son?” Yoona obviously knew, but she couldn’t stand how nice Ji Hyun was being.

            “Yeah, well it’s mine and Luhan’s.” Ji Hyun looked at Luhan and smiled. “So, did you come here to find a dress or something?”

            “No, actually I came to talk to Luhan about something,” Yoona glared at Mrs. Xi and Luhan.

           “Really? What?”

           “Did Luhan tell you?” Yoona asked.

          “Tell me what?” Ji Hyun looked at Luhan confused. “What is she talking about?”

          “When Luhan had his concert in London we went out on a date and we slept together,” Yoona smirked at Ji Hyun. “I just thought you should know.”

          “Is she serious?” Ji Hyun just walked out of the bridal store with Tae Joon.

          “Ji Hyun…” Luhan ran out following Ji Hyun. “Ji Hyun wait!”

         “What? What do you want?” Ji Hyun snapped, she gently placed the car seat on the floor and crossed her arms glaring at Luhan.

         “Can we talk?”

         “About what?!” Ji Hyun shouted; she took a deep breath and turned the other way. “I’m not going to yell.”

          “Okay, don’t.”

          “Is this what you do? Instead of breaking up with a girl or telling them the truth you get with a new girl so they can tell whoever you were previously with that it’s over?”

          “Ji Hyun you can’t be mad we were divorced.”

          “Yeah, well I guess I shouldn’t be mad… But how could you move on so quickly? I didn’t even go out with anyone else, because I was still in love with you when you were gone.”

         “Can we talk about this at home?” Luhan mumbled.

          “No, let’s just get this over with. Just say it’s over, Luhan. Say it’s over so you can be with Yoona or Reira or any other girls I don’t know about,” Ji Hyun stated.

           “How about we talk about this somewhere else or tomorrow?” Luhan suggested.

           “No, I want to talk now and stop being so kind and considerate,” Ji Hyun snapped. “Just say it, just say that it’s over for the both of us. I broke your heart so now it’s your turn to break mine.”

           “Fine, I guess it was too good to be true, but I guess it really is over between us… It’s over and I’m-“

          “Don’t say you’re sorry,” Ji Hyun interrupted, her voice was shaking and tears were falling. “I hope you and Yoona are happy together.” 

A/N: That was a... Nice break up, don't you think?