Chapter 42

I'll Be Yours

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 

“I had to break up with you, Yeollie…” I nodded and smiled with the use of my nickname. I played with her hair as she told me the story that I had been in waiting for almost two years. She had only told me the main details of the story two days ago, and now we were in my apartment, watching some dramas on television after a long day of schedules. “I was not going to ruin the chances of you having a successful debut. The reason I was kicked out of the dorms was because Sunny had her father evict me from them. But she only did that because of your ex Jiyeon. Sunny called me into the practice rooms one day when everyone had already left and told me the truth. She said that she regretted everything and wanted to make it up for me. She got me back into the dorms and had Jiyeon expelled.” She turned to look at me and pouted. “Your ex hates me. And Sunny really liked you. So I tried to give up. Especially after you debuted. You were going to start working with so many amazingly beautiful girls in modeling shoots, music videos, and just on a daily basis. Hell, you even spent time with your long time idol crush Dara! I can’t compete with them!” I chuckled as she puffed her cheeks.

 

“Yah! How could you think like that? You’re the only one I care about.” She grinned and hugged me tightly. “But Dara was amazing, I have to admit.” She pushed away from me angrily and growled.

 

“YAH!” I laughed at her jealous behavior and pecked her lips. I was only joking with her to see her reaction. She was unbelievably cute when she gets jealous.

 

“So… Why Kai?” I was curious as to why she chose Kai, out of all of the members to be her sole source on all of us. And as to why they were acting as though they were a couple. Her face fell when I mentioned him, and she looked away.

 

“Kai… was there for me. He was the one that listened to my late night fits of crying and my stupid hopes that you would still love me. He helped me pick myself up after everything that had happened. Eventually… he told me about the feelings he had for me. I tried to push him away but he ended up pulling me in. We were not really an official couple… We never went on dates and we never kissed. The most we did was hold hands and watch movies at my mom’s house when my mom was out for work. I feel terrible…” I watched her as she bit her lip and played with the hem of her shirt.

 

I sighed and then pulled her into my arms, her hair. “Yah… You did nothing wrong. It is not your fault that any of this happened. Have you told him yet?” She nodded her head into my chest and heaved a sigh.

 

“He smiled but I know it was fake… He told me that he knew that I would ultimately go back to you. He just wanted to be there for me while he could. But I saw him crying as he left… Because of me…” I heard her sniffle and I shushed her.

 

“Baby, don’t cry… Everything’s alright…” I kissed her hair and held her close for the rest of the night.

 

KAI P.O.V.

 

I punched the wall of the practice room as I slid to the ground. I had been staying here for the past few days, meeting the other members at our scheduled places, using the excuse that I am spending time with my family as the reason I am not staying in the dorms. I just couldn’t be in the same place as he was. I loved Chanyeol as if he was a part of my immediate family. I was not really upset about him taking Chaerae back. That was what she had wanted all along. And I knew that the entire time that I stayed by her side.

 

***Flashback***

I was smiling at her as she entered the practice room she agreed to meet me in. This was the only free time we had had all day long. Both of our schedules had been packed, what with our comeback and her debut. It was nice getting to spend some time with her. Even if she would never look at me the way she always looked toward Chanyeol. I would always be hoping that she would at least consider me, even a little bit. Chanyeol had been acting like a jerk recently anyway. He had been trying so hard to talk to Dara from 2NE1 and I saw the jealousy hit Chaerae the moment she heard about it. It was me that had calmed her down and convinced her that she and him would never happen. She always came to me whenever she needed anything. She would call me in the middle of the night and I would go straight to her, even if I had to be up early the next day for rehearsal, or if the members wanted to go out together.

 

“Chaerae-ah!~” I stood up and opened my arms to give her one of our usual hugs. She reluctantly let me wrap my arms around her. I noticed this and gave her a questioning look as we sat down facing each other.

 

“We… We need to talk, Kai.” Kai? I flinched inwardly and nodded for her to continue what she wanted to tell me. “I… I don’t think we should see each other as… often as we have before. Chanyeol and I… we finally made up. We talked about everything and… we are okay now.” She gave a genuine Chaerae smile, one from the past, and touched my knee gently. “Can you please understand? We will still be friends. Please don’t ignore me. I feel like we became great friends. I don’t want to lose that, Kai.” I bit the inside of my lip and nodded, holding in my pain. I don’t know if she could tell, but my heart was seriously breaking. She was the first girl I had ever cared for. The first girl I wanted to make smile and laugh every day of our lives. She was the first girl that I actually started to care for after so many years. She smiled sweetly to me and then punched my shoulder playfully. “You’re like an oppa to me! I love you!” I smiled. This was the closest I would get to her. An older brother.

 

“Alright. How about we work on the choreography now?” I smiled to her, hiding my pain. She nodded and I pulled her up. She gave me a tight hug and started to go over the choreography given to us for her groups’ second song on her album.

 

***END OF FLASHBACK***

 

 

“I loved you… That is why I stayed for so long without doing anything... Aish!” I punched the wall once more and ruffled my hair. I had to get over this soon. I pulled out my phone and sent a text message to Suho telling him to meet me outside of the dorms. I picked up my bag and left the practice room.

 

SUHO P.O.V.

 

I kicked a small rock as I waited for Kai outside of the dorm. I knew that all of this was going to happen eventually. Over the past year I had seen the change in Chanyeol. He was never smiling unless he had to, and he was always sulking at the dorm. Kai was the one that tried to keep Chaerae’s emotions in check. I heard him on his phone overnight. I saw him sneak out of the dorm quite a bit over the few months that had passed.

 

I had been trying to keep them in good terms and was grateful that Kai had kept the fact that he kept in touch with Chaerae secret from Chanyeol and the others. He had been strong when it came to this situation. It was amazing how mature he was being with this. I heard a distant sniffling and a pair of footsteps nearing me. I looked up to find an upset Kai looking down at his feet.

 

“Hyung… I don’t like feeling this way.” He spoke weakly as he stopped in front of me. I felt my heart soften at his words.

 

“Yah… You have done all that you could and done amazing with this. You’re an amazing person and you will be loved soon. Trust me. There is always someone special for you out there. Don’t give up now, Kai.” I pulled him into a hug and patted his back. He broke into sobs and shook violently as they overtook his body.

 

BAEKHYUN P.O.V.

 

I smiled at her as she played the last chord on her guitar. She smiled shyly at the floor as I clapped and cheered. She blushed lightly and set the guitar onto the stand beside her. “You wrote that song?” I asked her as I looked at the sheet music on the stand in front of her. She nodded and then lied down on the coach, placing her head on my lap. I blushed slightly and looked away so she would not see.

 

“I wrote it for Chaerae. She was so depressed for such a long time that I wrote the song to cheer her up. I sang it to her when she was crying herself to sleep. It was really hard for her while we were trainees. Every little thing she did and saw reminded her of Chanyeol.” She frowned and looked up at me. I gave her a reassuring smile and slid my hand into hers.

 

“You really saw everything about her didn’t you?” She nodded sadly as her eyes glazed over, remembering things I could only imagine. “Chanyeol was bad too. He rarely smiled, and when he was at concerts or events he faked every one of his smiles. He poured his energy into song writing and practicing choreography. Some nights he wouldn’t even sleep. It got to the point that our manager canceled all events for us for almost a whole week. It really was like he had been broken.” I frowned at my reflection in the large floor-to-ceiling mirrors. Over the entire year and a half, a lot of things happened and many things that didn’t happen were a hindrance to the happy virus. It seemed as though both of them had experienced rough times at the time of their break up. Hopefully now that they were reunited things would begin to look up.

 

“We should head to our dorms. It’s getting late.” She stood up and pulled me up with her. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and lead her out of the room. I smiled to myself when she leaned into my embrace and pecked her cheek. Things were getting better again.

 

~~~~~~~

Yay~! I finally updated! Forgive me for being late with this update! I already had it all typed out like five days ago, but my birthday passed and I was busy all day long, and then I got sick. T^T I am actually still sick now, but I decided to it up and post this in celebration of our boys winning their THIRD AWARD IN JUST ONE WEEK. Aren't you so proud of them? I am! ^^ And my EXO albums are so close to being delievered to me! I will probably get them by tomorrow! AIGOOO~ So excited! I will probably post an unboxing video! ^^

 

As usual, welcome new subbies! And welcome back existing subbies! Comments , upvotes, and subscriptions are all appreciated! And if I haven't responded to your comments, pleas forgive me! Sometimes I just don't get to reply right away and then I just forget like a pabo! 

 

Anyway, thanks for reading! 사강합니다~