Chapter 48

I'll Be Yours

 


CHAERAE P.O.V.

 

I smiled sheepishly at my mother as she stared at the two of us. There was a mixture of emotions on her face flashing by so fast I couldn't read even one of them. I bit my lip, feeling anxious. For the two years we'd been in America prior to moving here, my mother deeply opposed my desire to date an Asian male. She always told me that it was impossible and that I should give up the "fantasy" as she called it. And now that I was sitting across from her, a very Asian mans hand holding mine, I wasn't sure how she would react. Whether she'd apologize, get upset, or even just love him, I did not know.

 

"O-Omoni... I know it's a shock to hear this, b-but I do love you daughter. From the bottom of my heart, I love her. I messed up once letting her go, and I won't ever do it again. Since the first day that I met her, I wanted to love her with all I have and more. If you could find it possible to accept our relationship, I'd be greatly honored." I stared wide-eyed at Chanyeol as he spoke. And when he finished, he stood and bowed. As in a bow meant to show respect for a deceased loved one, or to royalty. I pouted as he stood, bowed, then stood, then bowed again. After a while my mother told him to stop.

 

"I don't know if you realize, but I am very protective of my daughter. She never really told me that she was dating anyone. She wasn't allowed to date, according to her contract. Did you break that contract?" She looked at me and I shook my head.

 

"We already spoke to the chairman. And he is going to have a press conference so that we can make our relationship public. There is nothing to worry about, mom.Ó I gave her a smile and she let out a sigh.

 

ÒCan I trust you with my daughter? Two years ago, she was devastated. Now I know that it was because of you. She hardly ate before she was scouted and she worried both her friends and her family. Can I trust you not to harm her, to stay with her, and to take care of her when I cannot?" My eyes bulged as I listened to my mother. I felt myself become embarrassed. It was true that I was not in the best condition after Chanyeol and I broke up. I was a mess. Had it not been for my best friend from the states come to Korea for a year I would not have been able to smile again. Jueun was also a big support for me. She would listen to me cry into the phone to her and she even wrote a song to cheer me up. It seems only two of the guys I had ever dated could affect me this way. But the first one lost his chance when I met Chanyeol. Kevin was not adamant about me enough. Chanyeol had made mistakes. He thought I was over him, and that he was no good for me. But he fought for me. And I am very grateful that we were able to reunite. He was everything to me. He made me smile 24/7 and very rarely would he make me angry. He brought out the best in me. He's always bubbly with new people, where I'm too shy to say anything. He's like my personal ice breaker.

 

"Of course. I know I was an idiot to let her go when I did, but I found her again. And I won't ever let go again. I know words are useless without actions put behind them. I hope that you will trust me to show you I am sincere with these words. I'm begging you to allow this relationship to grow further." My mothers face was stoic as she listened to his words carefully. I was afraid of her answer.

 

*** One Month Later ***

 

"Chanyeol! Can you carry this to the car?" My mother called from the front door of the house where she was holding onto a picnic basket she and I had prepared for today. He eagerly nodded his head and grabbed the basket from her before coming back to the car where I was.

 

"My mom seems to like you more and more every day." I smiled at him and he grinned happily while nodding his head vigorously. I chuckled and climbed into the backseat of the car, Chanyeol following behind me. He sat beside me and grabbed a hold of my hand, sending me a bright smile. This is what or relationship was in. We were smiling constantly. Everything was going so well. The press conference went well, and our fans supported us. There were a large amount of sasaeng fans that threatened me, but after Chanyeol made a Line video saying that he would not forgive them if they harmed me, they began to cool down. There were still threats going around but I chose to ignore everything. The others were even planning on revealing their relationships as well. But they decided to spread them out, so the fandoms wouldn't explode.

 

My mother got into the car and she smiled at us. "Alright. We're meeting your family there, right Chanyeol?" He nodded and she smiled. It was amazing how my mother had come to adore Chanyeol. He was generous and kind, always doing as she asked of him and never complaining. He would even call her in the mornings just to say good morning.  Maybe this was why my mother loved him so much. Not only would he be kind to me, but he'd be the perfect gentleman when we were with my mother. I smiled to myself as I leaned against his shoulder, enjoying the feeling of ease we'd been able to have these past weeks.

 

The fans really supported us and our families got along extremely well. Even the fact that I am not Korean didn’t bother his family all that much at all. Things have been great all around. I couldn’t ask for anything more. I looked up at Chanyeol to see him dozing off. His schedules had been tight recently and after winning fourteen times on music shows, they gave their goodbye stage, including two triple crowns. I smiled as his head began to loll forward. I sat up and gently leaned his torso down so that his head now rested in my lap. He curled into a ball on my lap and I held back a giggle as I his chocolate brown locks. Eventually I felt myself drift to sleep, content with everything.

 

CHAERAE OMMA POV

 

I looked back at them from the rearview mirror. They were peacefully sleeping, Chanyeol’s head in my daughters lap. I smiled slowly. As long as they’re happy, I am happy. Take care of my little girl. She held onto you for so long, and it seems like you held on to her as well. I saw him shift so that his arms were now circling her waist. She smiled in her sleep and her hand came to rest on his head. You’ve finally found happiness again, my daughter. 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's complete! I hope the last chapter was up to your expectations. I am so happy I finished this. I seriously loved writing this story so much. It was my very first. I hope you guys enjoyed it. 

 

To those of you who have been here since the beginniing, thank you so much for your support! You guys are all amazing! I couldn't have done this without you guys! 

 

Now that it's all over, I am kind of sad... But I hope you guys liked the happy ending~ 

 

Again thank you so much! If you are reading My Soul Mate too, thank you! I love you guys.

 

There's no next time for this story... T^T

Thank you!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3