Chapter 24

I'll Be Yours

 

CHAERAE P.O.V.
 
I had to bite my lip to keep from smiling like an idiot. Everything was starting to go well again. I watched with wonder as Chanyeol's fingers plucked the strings of his guitar. He had stopped by the dorms quickly to pick it up and then dragged me after him once again. His fingers moved effortlessly as different chords rose into the warm park air. There were other people walking by and they turned to look at Chanyeol and I. I chose to ignore the stares and focused solely on Chanyeol. 
 
"Waah... I've never heard someone play so well aside from my brother." I smiled at Chanyeol who blushed and scratched the back of his head. "Can you sing something for me, oppa?" His eyes widened and he grinned so widely his eye began to twitch. I stifled a giggle and gave him an encouraging smile. 
 
He nodded and then took a deep breath. He started plucking the strings filling my mind and heart with a gentle melody. Then he began to sing. 
 
I love you I love you
Words I couldn’t bear to say
My shaking chest, my heart
Those words that were always hiding 
 
You who is always like the sunlight in the morning that makes me shine dazzingly, you
 
I like you, I really like you
Like a big beautiful tree
Always comfortably by my side
You who watched over me 
 
Sometimes without even knowing it
I discover my feelings
In front of you only laughing awkwardly 
Just that foolish laughter
 
You who is always like the sunlight in the morning that makes me shine dazzingly, you
 
In case it gets even more awkward between us two
Cautiously, to you, I, again
 
Us, who have been together for a long time
Even after a longer time, comfortably just likenow
You, always next to me,
And I, always next to you
Let’s be together forever
 
 
I was lost in his voice. It was like nothing I'd ever heard before. The deep, warm sound of his voice was filled with so much emotion it left me breathless. And when he switched to higher notes it was like heaven. I'd actually even forgotten that we were in public. Others had gathered around us now and they cheered and clapped once he finished. He stood and bowed respectfully to everyone before turning his attention fully on me. 
 
"Did you like it?" His brown eyes sparkled as he waited for my answer. I nodded and blushed as he chuckle and kissed my cheek once again.
 
"You... Your voice sounds good... in ballads. Are you going to... Sing more ballads like that? And isn't that a duet song?" I played with my thumbs and kept my eyes downcast. I didn't want him to notice all of the emotions. I had been told that I could be an open book. 
 
" I was hoping you'd sing with me. I don't know. So far all I've been told is that we're going to be a twelve member group and that half of us are going to promote primarily in Korea and the others primarily in China. We're supposed to meet the other six in a couple of weeks." My eyes widened. They were going to be a huge group! I smiled as I began to wonder if I'd ever get to debut and whether or not I'd ever be in a group with so many members. 
 
Jut then a small girl ran up to Chanyeol and tugged on his sleeve. He smiled brightly at her. "Oppa! Can you sing again? Please~~!" He chuckled and nodded. 
 
"Nae! But only if your unnie here sings it with me! I'm too shy to sing the same song alone." He blushed slightly and looked at me. 
 
"Please unnie?" The small girl pleaded with me, her aegyo easily making me agree. I nodded and the little one cheered before settling herself down in front of us, an expectant smile on her childish features. 
 
Chanyeol began playing and sang his first verse, his focus solely on me. I smiled shyly and kept my eyes downcast. 
 
I love you I love you
Words I couldn’t bear to say
My shaking chest, my heart
Those words that were always hiding 
 
He grinned as I started to sing. I kept my attention on his hands as he strummed the guitar. Our voices mixed and people began to gather around us once again. This time they started whispering to each other, grins on their faces. 
 
You who is always like the sunlight in the morning that makes me shine dazzingly, you
 
"How cute!"
 
"Their voices mix so well!"
 
"Are they a couple?" 
 
Chanyeol stopped singing an I continued, warmth spreading on my face. My hand unconsciously began tapping with my foot as the strumming of the guitar sped up slightly and a smile spread across my face. 
 
I like you I really like you
Like a big beautiful tree
Always comfortably by my side
You who watched over me 
 
"Her voice is so pretty!"
 
"So calming!"
 
As my last note rang, Chanyeol began again, this time my voice stopped. His warm voice filled my entire being and I shyly pushed my hair behind my ear. 
 
Sometimes without even knowing it
I discover my feelings
In front of you only laughing awkwardly 
Just that foolish laughter
 
I giggled slightly as he gave me a wide grin and a wink. With his grin still shinning and my smile growing wider we continued on. 
 
You who is always like the sunlight in the morning that makes me shine dazzingly, you
 
He skillfully played his guitar as the people around started to clap. The small girl smiled wonderfully at Chanyeol and I had to hold back laughter as she sighed dreamily. Just before I was about to start singing he looked at me and mouthed "I love you." I blushed furiously but continued to sing my part. 
 
In case it gets even more awkward between us two
Cautiously, to you, I, again
 
He smiled widely and enthusiastically played into the next verse. 
 
Us, who have been together for a long time
Even after a longer time, comfortably just likenow
You, always next to me,
And I, always next to you
Let’s be together forever
 
We hummed the ending melody together and smiled to each other as the last chord resonated from the guitar. With that, cheers erupted with applause and the young girl jumped up smiling. He grabbed my hand and pulled me up to take a bow. We muttered polite thank yous' as they started to disperse again. 
 
"Oppa! You have such a great voice! You should be an idol! I'd be your number one fan!" She smiled up at the towering Chanyeol as she hugged his leg and he ruffled her hair. 
 
"Maybe someday! Thank you for convincing your unnie!" He smiled at me and I smiled sheepishly back. The little girl pouted and then announced that she had to go. She hugged Chanyeol's leg one last time before skipping away. Chanyeol waved to her enthusiastically as she disappeared from our view. I sat back down and let out a contended smile. Just as Chanyeol sat down I closed my eyes and breathed in the cool air. 
 
"Your voice is beautiful. You should sing more often." I murmured and opened my eyes. Chanyeol grinned and sat down next to me, putting his guitar back into its case. 
 
"I'm primarily a rapper. It's improbable I am going to sing like that again any time soon.  It was great singing with you." He grinned and reached over to tuck my hair behind my ear. His face came dangerously close. I could feel his warm breath on my face. My eyes zeroed in on his plump pink lips. My eyes began to close as he came closer and closer. Just as I was about to take initiative and close the space between us a familiar voice sounded nearby. 
 
"Stop! Don't do it Michelle!" My heart stopped and my eyes flew open. Both Chanyeol and I turned and my jaw dropped. Kevin. Kevin. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Oooh. He clockblocked. Mianhe Jimmyliu! I had to! XD so how'd you like this little date? I recently fell in love with this song since I have been watching a new k drama. Have you guys seen it? It's Shut Up flower Boy band! Or Shut Up and Let's Go! It's such a good one! Anyhow! I've been in a really good mood recently so I wanted to give you a double update again! Look forward to another update next weekend! My favorite American show is on again! The Walking Dead! Have any of you heard of it? I've been addicted since day one. Also Sehunnie graduated!!! Chukae oppa! And I'm babbling. Bai now!
 
comments, upvotes, and feedback is much loved and appreciated!!! Until next time!