Chapter 35

I'll Be Yours

 

CHAERAE P.O.V. 
 
The next morning we had classes. Chanyeol reluctantly went home after what felt like years fighting over the fact that I had changed the pass code to our security system. When he finally left last night I was too tired to do anything but sleep. He'd kept me awake talking about everything he could think of. 
 
Now it was time for me to go to school. I quickly got ready, tying my hair up in to a ponytail before washing my face, brushing my teeth, and getting changed. In just five minutes I was ready to go. I grabbed my guitar and backpack, my keys, and my phone as I left. I planned on stopping by Jueun's cafe to get something quick to eat before walking into the school gates. I had to leave a whole hour early just to have time for it. As I entered the cafe I called out to Jueun's oemma, not seeing her at the counter. 
 
"Omoni!" I walked up to the counter and looked behind it. There was no sign of her. I frowned and walked to the back of the cafe where the restrooms were located. I knew that there was a storage area back there as well, so I opted to check there. "Omoni! Are you in here?" No answer. I began to worry and just walked in. All I saw we're containers of ingredients and cases of drinks. I called out a few more times and walked towards the back of the room. There, lying with her face down, was Jueun's mother. I panicked and dropped to my knees. My heart beat wildly as I looked at her from head to toe. It looked like she was grabbing sacks of sugar from the shelf beside her. I checked her pulse, then checked to see if she was breathing. Both were there, but her pulse was very weak. I took a deep breath to calm myself. 
 
I was still not calm when about a minute later I heard footsteps and a familiar voice. "Oemma! I'm here! Oemma!" Jueun! 
 
"Jueun-ah! Call an ambulance!" I yelled to her. In a second she was beside me, her eyes tearing when she saw her oemma. She couldn't talk at all. I opted to call instead and waited with her for the ambulance to come. I watched from the door of the shop as Jueun followed the paramedic into the ambulance. 
 
"Don't worry! I'll tell them what happened! Call me later!" I watched as the ambulance drove away, a dark aura suddenly surrounded me. Something wasn't right. 
 
CHANYEOL P.O.V.
 
I felt uneasy as I waited for Chaerae at the gate of our school. She told me she was leaving early and was going to stop by Jueun's oemma's cafe on the way to school. I should have just met her there. I scowled to myself as I paced back and forth. 
 
"Oppa!" A pair of arms wrapped themselves around me and I growled when I turned to look at Baekhyun. The idiot grinned at me and pulled out some aegyo. I growled at him and acted as though I was going to hit him, only to earn a laugh from the smiling Bacon. 
 
"Are you waiting for Chaerae?" He raised a single brow before completely turning serious. "I have something we need to talk about right now. Follow me." Without allowing me to refuse he tugged me by my sleeve away from the gates. I couldn't really say no to him. I sent a quick text message to Chaerae apologizing and followed Baekhyun. 
 
KAI P.O.V.
 
I was walking to my first class when I spotted her. She seemed a bit on edge and I was pretty sure that she would hurt herself before getting to class. I hesitantly walked up to her slumped form and tapped her shoulder. 
 
"Chaerae! Good morning!" I gave her a wide grin, hoping not to loose the progress we had made become more tolerant of each other. Her eyes seemed dull as she regarded me without much interest. 
 
"Oh, hi Kai." She gave a weak smile and then returned her eyes to the ground in front of her as she continued walking. I frowned as I watched her walk away. What was wrong? Had Chanyeol done something? Had those stupid girls done something to her?! Anger began to build in me and I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from growling and looking for that witch Sunny. "Kai... Does anyone like me here?"
 
Her question stunned me. She had stopped walking just in front of the building that held our first class. Her shoulders were haunched and I thought I saw her heave a sigh. "O-Of course people like you! You have Chanyeol, Suho, Baekhyun, Sehun, D.O, and I! We like you!"
 
"No... I mean..." She turned to me, her eyes b with tears. I was stunned. I had only ever seen her smile, especially when she was with Chanyeol. I'd only seen her sad once or twice when those girls bullied her. But never had I seen her on the brink of tears before. "The other students. Have you seen the Cafeteria monitors? The huge poster on the side of the wall? I don't think anyone likes me... It's like... They want me to leave..." Tears began to spill from her eyes and a small sob escaped from her. I stood frozen in place. What was I supposed to do in this situation? She's my best friends' girlfriend and I should do something. But what? Posters? Monitors? What was there? What was she talking about?
 
Without thinking I rushed to her and enveloped her in my arms. When she came in contact with me she let her sobs out, and we slid to the ground like that. I told myself to let go of my feelings for her. The ones that began the moment I saw her dance. I thought I'd let them go.  I thought that if I treat her terribly then there was no way I would hold onto her. I was wrong. Holding her like this, when she was weak and in need of someone, it brought back everything I had shut away. My heart was pounding in my chest as she sobbed into my shirt. I didn't even care if she ruined it. 
 
CHANYEOL P.O.V.
 
I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Everywhere in the cafeteria the monitors were playing a scene that I was repulsed by. That Kevin was holding Chaerae as though they were dating. And she was smiling! Why would she do this to me? This had to be fake! It had to be! 
 
"I saw it with my own eyes, Chanyeol." Baekhyun murmured as he eyed his shoes. He would never lie to me. But this can't be true. It can't be. 
 
"Omo! How could she do that to Chanyeol sunbae!"
 
"What a despicable girl!" 
 
"Is he American?"
 
"Maybe she kept him in the states while she came over here. She's a two timer."
 
"!"
 
"!"
 
The voices began to mix together and my head was spinning. No. This can't be happening. No!
 
"No!" I screamed and ran from the room not caring if Baekhyun was with me or not. I didn't care about anything but finding Chaerae. She would tell me the truth. These were lies. It was edited film! I know it is! She'll tell me the truth. I have to find her. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wah~ Just got so dramatic! Good news! This is around the middle of the entire story! It's pretty long but I hope you will stick around!! This next chapter is the ultimate . Be prepared! ^^
 
On another note! Have you guys seen all of the releases of EXO? The MV Teaser, picture teasers? And the release of audio on the track list!? Our baby Chanyeol sings!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH! My ovaries are gone. XD I preordered the albums in a set! Have you? Kekeke~ I will update again soon!
 
Hello to my new subbies! Thank you to all of my subbies silent and vocal! Please do continue to comment and give me feedback! Please do up vote! If you do I might be able to feature you in as another character! ^^ I have a few characters to add soon! ^^ 
 
Until next time~