Chapter 9

I'll Be Yours

 

BAEKHYUN P.O.V.
 
I bumped into Kai's still form as I reached the top of the hill. He had come to a standstill and it appeared that he wasn't breathing. I frowned. What was he looking at? I followed his gaze. 
 
Chanyeol and Chaerae. I saw Kai's expression change almost too quickly. Shock. Pain. Anger. Pain. Then nothing. He turned and ran off. Not allowing me to make even one sound. I followed him not wanting to interrupt the couple and their moment. 
 
CHANYEOL P.O.V.
 
Her lips moved slowly over mine and I could feel her hands snake up around my neck. I smiled into her lips and wrapped my arms around her waist. She pulled away just enough so that she could talk but not separate completely. 
 
"Why... Why are you smiling?" Her adorably round brown eyes looked up at me, her cheeks pink. I gave her a smile. 
 
"You're kissing me back again. I like it. I like you. Actually..." I spoke what I felt in my heart and what I knew was true. "I love you." Her eyes widened and she blushed deeply. Her eyes changed and then tears welled up in her eyes. I panicked. Did I upset her? "Chaerae! What's wrong?" I removed her arms from my neck gently and wiped the tears that escaped her eyes. She pushed my hand away weakly and shook her head. I nodded and released her. She sat up and wiped her cheeks. She let out a small hiccup and I couldn't help but smile at her cuteness. 
 
"I have... Trust issues Chanyeol. I really like you too. I love you too. The thing is... I just got out of a relationship about a year or so ago... I know it's stupid to still like a person after so long but... I think I still like him..." Her voice was trembling and her American accent began to take over her perfect Korean tongue. "I... I don't know... I don't know if I can trust again..." Her voice faltered and she spoke in English. "I'm sorry." She began to cry uncontrollably. I pulled her into my arms and let her cry. I didn't ask questions and I didn't stop rocking her in my arms. 
 
***
 
I didn't take her to her dorm. It'd look too strange. She had fallen asleep in my arms and I had to carry her all the way home. Instead of going to the school, I took her to the apartment I had to escape from the world. I dropped the bags of clothes onto the floor as I pulled out the keys from my pocket, Chaerae snoring softly in my arms. I somehow managed to open the door and carry her inside. 
 
She shifted slightly, her face scrunched, and she clung to me. She muttered something in English and then relaxed. I sighed and took her into my bedroom. I shared this apartment with Baekhyun, he was the only other person who knew about the place. I hoped he wouldn't come here tonight. 
 
I laid her down gently, slowly lowering her arms from around my neck and resting her head on my pillow. She smiled in her sleep and then her side grabbing the second pillow. I smiled and pushed her hair behind her ear before standing and letting out a sigh. I made her cry. I'm such a jerk. 
 
***
I smiled at her as she waved at me. Her short brown curls bouncing as she made her way down the stairs. God she was gorgeous! I stood still and opened my arms expecting her to jump into my embrace. Instead she sped past me. I turned and saw her jump into another guys arms. She kissed him and giggled as he spun her around. In that instant my heart shattered.
 
***
CHAERAE P.O.V.
 
His smile, his green eyes smiling. I traced the freckles on his arms and giggled as he kissed my head. I leaned into him as he hugged me tighter. "I love you Michelle. So much. " I grinned as he kissed my lips. How I loved this boy so much! I couldn't comprehend it!
 
*** 
 
10:15 am: I just don't think it'll work out. I'll always love you. I just need to focus on school right now. 
 
10:30 am: I understand. I love you too. 
 
"He was cheating on you."
 
"I told you he was no good."
 
"You're wrong! You're all wrong!"
 
*** 
 
"YOU'RE ALL WRONG!" I shot up from where I lay. I was dripping in cold sweat and my breath came out in huge gasps. The body laying next to shifted and before I knew it I was in a warm embrace and my head was being by a large hand. I sobbed into a strong chest as deceptively gentle hands comforted me and a deep velvet voice soothed me.  
 
"It's okay Chaerae... It's just a dream. I know how it feels..." His lips touched my head, gently and reassuringly. I pulled away to see large brown orbs looking at me with strong concern. His caramel coloured hair glistened in the morning light. He looked like an angel. I felt my cheeks flare up in embarrassment as he studied me.
 
 "Gwenchana??" His voice trembled with worry. I gave him a small nod and he exhaled as though he hasn't taken a breath in hours. "You scared me. I wasn't sure what you said, since I'm not used to hearing English so early in the morning but your voice startled me. You'd been talking in your sleep all night long... I was so worried." He was babbling and it was sort of cute. 
 
Wait a minute. I looked at his appearance. His hair was a mess and he was also drenched in sweat. He was wearing a blue T-shirt and a pair of white pyjama pants. I turned my attention on myself. I was in an oversized tshirt with my hair a tangled mess. My makeup was smeared and my eyes puffy from crying. I gulped and fear rushed through my veins. Had I had with Chanyeol!?
 
His eyes seemed to register my alarm and he almost coughed. "It's not what you think!! We didn't do anything last night! I just slipped my tshirt over you and pulled off your clothes as careful as possible as not to touch your skin! You were only wearing shorts so it was pretty easy. I fell asleep while wiping your forehead and woke up just now!! I'm so sorry! I should have just taken you back to the dorms! Pabooo!!!" He hit himself in the head and sprang out of the bed. He moved too quickly and fell back onto the bed, crushing me underneath his body. 
 
I felt my whole body heat up as my fingers held onto his strong arms. He cleared his throat, apologised, and stood. He hurried out of the room and I heard him curse as I slowly sat up. I sighed and stood up looking for my clothes from the night before. The only things I found were the bags of clothing he'd bought me yesterday. Reluctantly I pulled on the white tshirt, pattern wool sweater, red plaid skirt, and some black tights. I silently hoped my boots were in the room but had no such luck.
 
With caution I opened the door and stepped out. The apartment was surprisingly bright. The entire place was white and ridiculously clean. I slowly walked out into the hallway and followed the sounds of Chanyeol's footsteps. He was pacing the living room with his head hanging low. I smiled a bit and then knocked lightly on the doorframe. His eyes shot to me and I could see a hint of smile touch his lips. I blushed. 
 
"I'm gonna go change. Just make yourself at home. I'll make breakfast." He gave me a small smile. I nodded. I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. What had I gotten myself into this time??