Chapter 15

I'll Be Yours

CHAERAE P.O.V.

 
"Michelle? It's Kevin. I'm in Seoul. Can you come get me? I don't know Korean and I kind of need help. Michelle? Are you there?"
 
My whole body froze as his voice filled my ear. That voice... What the hell was he doing in Seoul?! He can't be here! Why would he be here!! I gripped the blanket on my bed and almost threw the phone down. 
 
"K-Kevin? What are you doing here?" I forced myself to reply, a slight accent clinging to my voice. It's been so long since is spoken solely in English. It felt weird. I refrained from yelling at him and bit my lip, drawing blood. 
 
"I'm here to visit you! Daisy and Kristan came along too. They don't speak Korean either so it's kind of hard for us to do anything. As it was, getting our bags was hard enough. The guy couldn't speak a word of English, but he sure understood it. Haha!" I cringed at his laugh. What were Daisy and Kris doing here? They hadn't wanted to come help me settle in. Why would they be here now. Where was Sara? Weren't she and Kevin always together? He did break up with me and then get with her. I'm sure they'd had a thing even while me and him were together. I don't believe any of his lies anymore. I wouldn't. "You there? I really need your help Mio Tesoro~!"
 
I coughed at his old nickname for me. What was his problem?! "Yah! What do you expect me to do? I don't have a car, nor a license here! It isn't the US stupid! Get a taxi to a hotel. I don't want to see you. Kristan and Daisy can come over but only them. Besides, I'm sick right now. Bye." I hung up on him and buried my face in my hands. 
 
"Why now?" I screamed into my pillow just as there was a knock at my door. Jueun! I sat up, more cautiously and then made my way slowly to the door. I opened the door and was greeted by a girl that looked like Jueun, but wouldn't speak. Shocked I poked her cheek. 
 
"Jueun? Museun il-iya?" I poked her cheek repeatedly until she finally showed some form of life by blinking. 
 
"Ch-Chaerae?" She leaned forward and fell into my arms. I frantically pulled her into my room and guided her to my desk and sat her down in my chair. Something was telling me that she needed my ear. 
 
KEVIN P.O.V.
 
"She hung up on me... You should try calling her Kristan. She'll listen to you. " I looked over at Kristan, where she was standing with her suitcase, gawking at the guys passing by. I cleared my throat obnoxiously and she turned to me embarrassed. 
 
"Sorry! What was that?" She gave me an apologetic smile.
 
"You need to call her. She hung up on me. She's probably still mad. I tried using my nickname for her too." I frowned and handed her the paper with Michelle's number on it. I'd gone through hell to get that from her best friend Danielle. I had to beg her on my knees. I'd never done that before. Ever. She didn't even end up giving it to me. I had to ask our friend Nick in the end. Even he did not want to give me her number either. The things I'd do for this girl was crazy. I was just crazy to begin with... 
 
"What makes you think she'll answer us? She didn't give us her number to begin with. We haven't talked in months. She hasn't even contacted Krissy either! She wrote us all off remember? Because of you! And well... After I quit band she wrote me off... But Krissy didn't do anything! Yet she was pushed aside by her! We shouldn't have agreed to come here." Daisy looked at the sidewalk from where she leaned against the window if the airport. 
 
I sympathized with her. She and Michelle had been really great friends. They'd been attached for two and a half years before she decided to quit band to go back into cheerleading. On top of that, during our third year of high school together, I'd started dating Daisy's close friend. This girl and Daisy had known each other for a lot longer. So naturally, they were always doing things together. 
 
Michelle's mother was always very strict with her and very very rarely let her out anywhere if it wasn't related to band or school. That was part of the reason our relationship had so many problems. We could only ever see each other at school. Anyway, when I started dating Sara, Michelle and Daisy grew further an further apart. They would share their feelings to each other all the time. But when I had finally let her go, and moved on, she hadn't. At the time I had reason to believe she had moved on as well, but I was wrong. 
 
I'd found out when Michelle had gotten into a car accident 7 months ago. While she was still unconscious, I'd come to visit her. 
 
***
I slowly made my way through the hospitals hallways, staring down at the bouquet of roses I'd bought earlier. I shouldn't be here. I have no right to be here. Someone ran past me and I almost fell over. I looked up to see a guy running in only a T-shirt and shorts. He must be visiting his girlfriend. I hope she's okay. I frowned as he disappeared down the hallway. 
 
As I made my way to her room, I went through the things I should say. I was just so glad she was alive. I'd heard from my friends of her accident while on a date with Sara and I'd hidden my grief. Yes. I was worried as hell. I still cared for her so much. She just pushed me away the past year. I don't blame her for all I'd done to her. I had a part to play in pushing away as well. It took me a full year just to try again with another girl. 
 
I finally arrived at her door and hesitated. I shouldn't be here. I swallowed my pride and knocked twice before turning the knob and entering the room. What I saw shocked me. It was the guy from earlier whom held her hand up to his tear-stained face. He didn't even bother to look up at me. His eyes were solely on Michelle. Oh god. Her whole face was bandaged, with only two or three areas showing her skin on her face. These spots were swollen and bruised. The bandages had even soaked through in some areas with blood. I almost choked. She was so beautiful from my memory. With her large brown eyes, and flowing brown locks. I knew she would be dangerously hurt... But this... I'd never imagined this. 
 
I couldn't move from my spot. The beeping coming from the machines was the only sound that entered my ears for what felt like an eternity. Finally the guy by her bedside spoke, a British accent heavy in his voice. 
 
"You're here to see her." It was a rhetorical question. I knew he knew who he was. With that accent I recognized him instantly. Michelle's ex-boyfriend,the one she left for me two years ago; Andrew. I gulped and moved to the other side of her bed, placing the bouquet on the bedside table. He must hate me. The last I'd heard about them was that they were engaged. I looked to the hand he was holding. No ring. It was weird but I disregarded it. I, out of a lot of people,knew that when she loved someone it didn't matter much at all that other people knew the status of the relationship. And when she loved, she loved with all she had and more. 
 
"Do... Do you know what ha-happened to her? How she got into that accident?" I stared blindly at the sheets, trying to avoid looking at her broken state. 
 
"Drunk driver." He didn't move at all. I felt sorry for him. He really loved her. More than I ever could. I was a terrible person. "She... She loves you. Still..." He finally looked away from her bandaged face and turned his attention on me. "She has rejected me over and over... For you." His tone turned bitter as his eyes flashed with anger. I stepped back slightly. 
 
"I... Don't know what you're talking about... She doesn't like me at all. I'm a jerk. She's said it before. In public too." I looked down and felt my heart squeeze. To this day she had this affect on me, despite me trying to avoid her. 
 
He laughed harshly and I almost punched him right there. He was laughing at how she rejected me! "You're a fool! No wonder she had to be so cautious around you. She even had to lie when she wasn't mad just so you'd think she was! You'd never drop it. She had to lie so much about herself. My poor angel..." He caressed her hand and I could see intense affection in his eyes. Maybe I had it wrong. He loved her more than she did. 
 
Just then the doctor came in with a nurse and they rushed us out. He left and never came back, leaving her alone. 
 
***
 
Come to think of it, that's probably why she left to Seoul. It's been her dream for a year or so. She loved the music and the culture. That's how I knew she'd be here. Well Daisy knew it more than me. She even told Daisy about her multiple dreams of becoming an Idol. So we followed her. I begged the girls to come along and they agreed. They wanted to make up with her. So did I. I'd really done some terrible things to her. She had trusted me with everything and I just crushed her. I was ashamed of myself. 
 
I groaned and looked around for someone who looked even remotely American or able to speak English. Kristan came to our rescue. She was busy talking to a native who spoke fluent English. He was able to take us to a nearby hotel and I couldn't be anymore grateful. I'm coming Michelle. 
 
CHANYEOL P.O.V.
 
The sound of my phone ringing woke me up. When did I set an alarm for 2:00?! I angrily swiped the screen on my Galaxy Note II and slowly sat up. I felt terrible. Why did I have to be sick? 
 
I looked around my room and my eyes fell on a covered tray on the table across from me. Curious, I got myself out of bed and made my way to the table where the covered tray sat. A note was attached with Baekhyuns neat, femine handwriting. {A/N: I just had to! XD}
 
Jueun bought some food for you! I heated it up so eat well! Chaerae is sick too... I went out to buy some medicine for her and you. Be back soon! Arasso!
-Bacon! >w<
 
I almost toppled over right then. She's sick?! Aish! Wae?! Otteokae!? Should I go check on her? I'm sick too! It'll just make it worse for her... Aish!! 
 
I glared at the floor and started eating the food robotically. My mind was swirling with thoughts of Chaerae. I couldn't stand not being able to help her in any way I could. I just wanted to get out of the dorm and run to her side. But she wouldn't even want that. Why do I have to be a pabo? Wae?!
 
After I finished the food I threw on some clothes and left the dorm. I felt bad that she was sick. I needed to go check on her. 
 
KEVIN P.O.V.
 
"We did it! We finally made it to her academy! It's huge! Do you think we'll be able to find her?" I grinned and almost flew into the gates. I hadn't seen her in such a long time. I really missed her. 
 
"Shut up. Let's just go look for her." Daisy started to walk towards the gates but a guard came out of nowhere and blocked her path. 
 
"Stop! Are you a student here? Them? You may not enter without the correct papers. Please leave. " he spoke in Korean. I couldn't understand any of it. I just stood there. "I said please leave. You are not allowed here unless you are a student." He spoke again. 
 
Crap! We're screwed now!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
YAY! It is done~ As you may have noticed, I changed the english font thing. It's easier to read this way, and easier on the eyes. So I just decided to tell you kiddos who Kevin is. He's Chaerae's ex. Yup. He's gonna be stirring up some memories and maybe even getting into fights with Yeollie :3 Sunny will be doing the same!
 
Sorry this chapter is just a bunch of history stuff. But the back stories of all of them have to be told. By the way; Kevin, Daisy, and Kristan are all American. Kristan is Hispanic, the other two are basically just white lol (I don't wanna sound racist...)
 
This chapter is also super long compared to my others. I wrote it mostly while I was in bed... So if I missed some mistakes while editing I'm really really really really sorry!! >,< 
 
The story will speed up soon, and a lot of changes will happen to the characters. Sorry if you get confused between 'Michelle' and 'Chaerae'. They are the same person, but the American and Korean names for her. Eventually, Kevin and the others will start calling her Chaerae. Just not yet. :3 
 
Keep holding on nae? Comments and upvotes are appreciated! <3
 
Now some Adorkable Yeol~
OH GOD... That's me with Dr. Pepper.....
 
He really reminds me of me... Lol I do this all the time! XD
 
YEAH!!! It's a PARTY!~
Uri Happy Virus *w*
 
Okii I'm done now~ Annyeong! ;3