Chapter 25

I'll Be Yours

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 
 
 
"Stop! Don't do it Michelle!" The sound of a guys voice shocked me and I pulled away from Chaerae. My eyes landed on a red-headed American guy panting just a few feet away. His eyes were focused on Chaerae and hers on him. Her eyes widened and she whispered something in audible. 
 
She stood slowly, her hands trembling. "Kevin. What are you doing here? How did you find me?" Her voice was almost in audible and I had to strain to hear the English words leaving . 
 
"Chaerae... Who is he? Is he someone you know?" I stood up beside her and slid my hand around hers. She looked down at our hands with surprise then back up to my face. Her eyes reflected sadness and pain and I could see her eyes begin to water. I wanted to pull her close and then take her away so badly at that moment. 
 
"Michelle..." The guy moved closer, seemingly forgetting that I'm present. For some reason that really pissed me off. My hold on her hand tightened and I pulled her closer to me, pushing her body behind me gently so as to shield her from his gaze. 
 
"What do you want?" I stared straight at him and didn't allow him to see any part of her at all. I felt her shift behind me and then she placed her hand on my back while burrowing her head into it. I felt her body quiver, as though she was sobbing. I refrained from turning around and pulling her away. The guy looked at my confused. As though I was still speaking Korean and not English. 
 
"I want to talk to her. Not you." He scowled as he looked at me, traces of a smirk on his face. But when he looked towards her, his expression softened drastically and he looked on the verge of breaking down.
 
"Ch-Chanyeol..." Her voice trembled and I frowned. How could this guy affect her in such a way? Who was he to affect her this way? I looked down at her and gasped. Her beautiful face was overflowing with tears and she even looked broken. She seemed even more fragile than before. I instinctively reached down and pulled her chin up gently with my thumb and forefinger, simultaneously wiping the tears that seemed never ending. She averted my gaze as small hiccups escaped her lips. "Can we go back to the dorms? I'm tired." I nodded and she gave me a sad smile. I grabbed my guitar and slung it over my shoulder, her hand never leaving mine. 
 
"Michelle... Please...? I just... Want to talk. I want to apologize." He spoke shakily and I watched as she eyed him with multiple emotions flashing through her eyes. Anger, forgiveness, confusion, hatred, love. All of this for one person. She turned to me once again and her eyes changed again. Now she looked sad and exhausted. 
 
"Let's go, please." She squeezed my hand lightly and I nodded. She led me this time, her steps quick and almost frantic. I stayed silent as I trailed behind her. We'd made it out onto the streets of Seoul before she stopped and let go of my hand. Confused, I moved to face her only for her to turn the opposite direction. 
 
"Chaerae. Gwenchana?" I reached for her hand and brought it to my lips, leaving a small kiss on each of her fingers. She looked up at me, a small smile on her lips. She nodded and then tackled me in a hug. 
 
"Mianhe... I ruined the moment didn't I?" She mumbled into my chest, small sobs forcing their way out of . I shook my head even though she couldn't see me. 
 
"Aniya. It wasn't you. It was that guy. But don't worry about it, arasso?" I pulled her back gently and bent down so our eyes were aligned. "Are you hungry? Let's go get something to eat!" She chuckled lightly and I grinned. 
 
"Arasso!" She grinned widely and laced her fingers with mine. Maybe I could keep that smile on forever. 
 
KEVIN P.O.V.
 
I threw myself onto the bed and stayed there for god knows how long as memories swept through my mind. 
 
***flashback*** (a/n: All conversation in Kevin's flashbacks are in English)
 
I entered my eighth period classroom before the bell and looked around slowly, hoping to see some of my friends. I spotted them and smiled inwardly, trying not to show my emotions. I had to look cool. Just as I was about to make my way to them, my eyes landed on a petite girl with shoulder length brown locks. Her eyes were focused on the sheet of paper in front of her, her pencil moving quickly. Her tongue was protruding from her plump lips and I was transfixed. This girl was beautiful. Her tannish skin could only be seen in places where her long v-neck black shirt ended, unlike some of the girls I knew who would wear practically nothing just to get looked at. I swallowed the saliva gathering in my throat. 
 
"Kevin! Sit down already!" George waved me over to the table where he was sitting with Chase and I nodded and quickly made my way to sit there. A few seconds later the teacher arrived and all attention turned to him. Mr. Jones. I'd heard a lot about him. He began speaking but my attention turned to that girl again. She had moved her notebook off the desk and into her lap, the top leaning against the edge of her desk. Her eyes were focused on Mr.  Jones as he continued to speak but she eventually turned back to her drawing. I smiled slightly as I watched her. She had to be new... I'd never seen her before and I had lived here almost all my life. 
 
I watched her intently for the entire period. She had a cute habit of biting her lower lip and furrowing her brows as she concentrated on her drawing. 
 
"Alright. Now I guess I have to take roll, little monsters." Mr. Jones' voice was hardly audible as her eyes flickered open. She looked like she was dreading this the entire time. Why would she? My question was answered when Mr. Jones got to we name. "Jo-lysa? Zuniga." She sheepishly raised her hand and then spoke. 
 
"I go by my middle name. Michelle." Her voice was the cutest and most attractive sound is ever heard. Her cheeks slightly flushed, almost indescribable under her tan skin. 
 
"Alright. Sara Zurich?" He continued. 
 
"Here."
 
"Alright. Then I'm done here." Mr.Jones walked to his desk and started fiddling with random papers. He'd called my name before hers but I guess I was too engrossed in her to hear. Michelle. I really wanted to know her... Too bad I was way too shy to go up to her. I frowned an finally peeled my eyes off of her and turned my attention to my friends. They were talking about some nonsense I could care less about. To be honest the only reason I was still friends with them was because I'd somewhat grown up with them. But lately they bored me. It sounded bad, but I wasn't begin mean at all. Sometimes I would just get agitated. 
 
I sighed as the bell rang. I turned around after putting m backpack on but didn't see her. Where had she gone? 
 
***
"Michelle, you're going to sit in between Heater and Kevin. She gave a small nod as she made her way to her assigned seat. She gave small smiles to everyone at our table and even greeted Heather with a small "Hi" and wave. My heart was beating so fast I'm sure she could hear it. As soon as she sat down she started doodling. 
 
*** 
 
It turns out she doesn't talk much. At least not in this class we had together. I'd seen her sometimes with her friends and she was a lot different. She's be smiling and laughing like I had never seen in class. She would laugh at Mr. Jones' jokes in class but not the same way. No matter how wide the smile, I'd always be happy to see it. The other day she's actually talked to me. 
 
"K-Kevin? Uhm... Do you have a pen I could borrow? I left mine in band..." She sheepishly spoke, her lip biting habit rearing its head. 
 
"Yeah! Sure!" I was probably a little too excited that she talked to me because our table mate Sara giggled as she watched the interaction. I ignored her and dug in my backpack for an extra pen. I finally found one and held it up for her. "Here it is. "She smiled and thanked me before grabbing it from my hand. Our fingers slightly touched and warmth shot through to my entire body. Did she notice? Did she feel the same thing? I wondered silently as Mr.Jones began his lecture. 
 
***
"I have a boyfriend." My heart sank as she spoke. Of course she had a boyfriend. She's beautiful. I smiled at her and then turned back to my work. I had a girlfriend too... No matter what it seemed impossible for us to ever be together. I was screwed. Oh well... I guess we could be friends. 
 
***
"He won't reply to any of my messages and won't answer my calls... I'm kind of worried. Last time we didn't talk for a long time he fell off a bridge and injured his arm. He was in the hospital for two weeks and I couldn't see him either. Long distance relationships ..." I heard her sigh into her phone and I wanted nothing more than to run to her and comfort her. Too bad I had to go to church in a few minutes. 
 
"I'm sorry... I don't understand him! You're perfect from your personality to your looks and he just ignores you for weeks and days at a time. He's stupid. If you were my girlfriend I would shower you with affection and never let you go." I almost regretted what I said, until I heard a small giggle from the other line. 
 
"Maybe we should... Be together then. I made you leave your girlfriend of a year... I felt so guilty. I compared your relationship with my seemingly perfect one only to show how imperfect it really was." Another sigh. "But... Maybe it wouldn't hurt to try?" I could hear the hesitation in her voice. I smiled so widely I thought my face would rip. 
 
"Let's do it!" I probably scared her with my enthusiasm but she laughed and agreed. I couldn't wait to see her the next morning. I could finally say she's mine. After a year of watching her I could hold her the way I have always wanted. 
 
***End of Flashback***
 
CHAERAE P.O.V.
 
I curled closer to Chanyeol on the couch of his separate apartment listening to his heartbeat and slow even breathing. He's somehow fallen asleep while we were watching a movie and I stayed silent, watching his sleeping face. I smiled as his arms wrapped around me and pulled me even closer. 
 
I was beyond grateful to him. He didn't ask any questions after what happened at the park. He took me to get some ramyun and then brought me to his apartment where he cooked. He just let me be and I appreciated it. He made me smile with trying too hard and made me laugh continuously.
 
 I continued to watch his sleeping figure an was amazed at how angelic he looked in his sleep. His milky skin was flawless and his pink lips looked soft to the touch. His even breaths set up a relaxing beat and soon my eyes began to feel heavy. I pulled the blanket surround us closer and snuggle further into his chest as exhaustion from today's events overtook me. 
 
BAEKHYUN P.O.V.
 
I entered the apartment I shared with Chanyeol, my arms full of grocery bags. It had been a while since I'd come by and I was expecting the place to be a mess. I slipped off my shoes, unable to see anything below my chin because of the bags. I made my way to the kitchen and my jaw dropped. The place was spotless. Maybe Chanyeol hadn't come by since last time either. 
 
I set the bags down and walked to the living room. I was shocked when I saw Chanyeol leaning against the coach with his arms wrapped around someone, a blanket wrapped around them both. I couldn't tell who it was but I was definitely curious. The person in his arms shifted slightly and Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed as a pout formed on his face. He brought the person closer to him and the person let out a content sigh. I felt like I was intruding so I retreated to the kitchen, put everything away, wrote a note for Chanyeol, and left in a hurry. A grin played on my lips as I left the apartment building. Maybe he was trying to start over again. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
So I was a bit stuck on this chapter to be completely honest. I wasn't sure how I wanted to organize it so I went back and forth on scenes I'd planned out. I somehow got this together. Was it ok? 
 
Do you guys hate Kevin a little bit less? He's really trying his best to apologize! He really loves you! XD
 
Here's a poll! Please participate!
 
 
 
 
I will try to make another update tomorrow! I promise! Thanks for reading! As always, comments and upvotes are much loved and appreciated! ^^