Chapter 39

I'll Be Yours

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 

I dodged the running staff back stage in search of her. I knew they were up next, and I really wanted to see her as soon as possible. But with the way people were running around made I difficult to locate their dressing room. I think a part of me wanted an answer as to why she broke up with me. But I wouldn't ask that question now. I knew how nerve racking it was when we debuted. Though Pearl were not given their own showcase, the fact that they were the title performance tonight was something to be nervous about. I had planned on going to say a quick hello, but with the way everyone was rushing I wouldn't get to see her. I gave up looking for her and ran to where our own dressing room was to watch them debut. When I entered the dressing room everyone was lounging on the couch and in chairs in front of the TV mounted on the wall. I squished myself in between Baekhyun and D.O and focused my attention on the screen. IU and Kyuhyun sunbae were on the screen talking about the performance by CL and were now starting to talk about the group.

 

"So Kyuhyun! I heard that this group of girls are priceless? Can you vouch for them? They are in your company!" IU grinned at him and then to the Camera.

 

"Aigoo! These girls are seriously daebakk! I have seen them in their practices and it is quite a sight! They are indeed priceless!" Kyuhyun sunbae laughed along with IU and I felt a smile appear as I realize that she was next. "Let's see them now!"

 

The camera moved away from them and was now on a darkened stage. I could see a total of twelve shadows as the screens lit up a deep purple color with white texting spelling Pearl. I could hear the electronic sounds of the music track building as a deep sounding beat sounded. The shadows began to move and then all of the lights came on. I found her immediately. She was in the center and she started the song off in a fast flowing rap. Her eyes were framed with deep brown eyeliner giving her the bad girl look and her lips were tinted a deep red. She was wearing the same outfit that was in the teaser photo and video. Her hair was down and flowing its brown color untouched by dyes. I was in a trance as she sang, her body moving fluidly and sharply as she danced the choreography. My eyes never left her. At one point when she was rapping she was paired with a male dancer and they had an intimate moment where it appeared that he kissed her neck. Jealousy shot through me and I looked away as the song finished. The guys cheered and started commenting on how amazing they were. I got up and ran to find her. I hadn't even realized that someone else was running just ahead of me to see her too.

 

CHAERAE P.O.V.

 

I grinned widely as we got backstage, sweating and hearts pounding. We just debuted! I could feel the adrenaline rushing through my body as I was handed a cold water bottle by one of the staff. I thanked him and turned to my members and dancers. They were all grinning and laughing and congratulating each other. I had never felt this amount of joy in such a long time.

 

"Great job everyone! I'm so glad I've been able to be a part of this. Thank you for giving me this opportunity!" Hyorin began tearing up as she spoke and the five of us tackled we into the largest hug she would receive in her life. The dancers cheered and chanted our name. Just as I turned around, I heard my name in a familiar voice.

 

"Chaerae-ah!"

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 

"Chaerae-ah!" Kai was hunched over catching his breath after calling out to her. I froze when he approached her. All of her members and dancers stared with widened eyes as she turned to him.

 

"Kai oppa?" Oppa? Since when has she called him oppa? Weren't they just friends? Even if he's older than her I never heard her call him oppa. I stayed behind one of the place posts and watched them. "What's up? I have been too busy to meet you. Mianhe!" She smiled at him warmly and handed him her water bottle.

 

"Do you know... How amazing... You were just now?" He spoke in between deep breaths. I frowned as I listened. I was suppose to tell her that. I thought I saw a blush form on her cheeks as she looked away. Her members cooed at him and Chaerae just gave them a glare.

 

"Uhm, thanks Kai. Where are the others?" She looked towards my direction and I turned so that I was completely covered. Or so I thought. I heard her gasp and I knew she'd seen me.

 

"Chaerae-ah! Be my girlfriend!" My eyes widened and I turned around, tripping on a cord and falling on my side. I was lucky to fall in the opposite direction to where I would not be seen.

 

"Omo! Oennie! You can't say no to him!" I heard a female voice coo and I felt anger rush through me. I had just found her again after almost two years. I can't let her go.

 

"Yah, Eunbyul-ah! Don't intrude on your oennies private affairs." I heard another female voice speak and I was grateful to this one.

 

"Chaerae-ah... Please. Give me a chance? I won't ever force you to do anything you don't want to. At least go on a date with me. I've liked you for the past two years. Please..." Kai seemed sincere and I had to admit that he would be kind to her. Although he seemed cold and distant, when it came to those he cared about he was gentle. I'd seen the way he was with his family. I slowly picked myself up and walked away. I couldn't listen anymore.

 

CHAERE P.O.V.

 

I looked back towards where I'd just seen Chanyeol but was met with his back. I wanted so badly to see him again. And then I remembered that it was I who broke us up. And it was to protect him. And this was my chance to let him go. I looked back at Kai whom was watching me earnestly, waiting for an answer. I took a deep breath and decided right then and there to let go.

 

"Okay." Kai's eyes widened and he was speechless. Everyone around me cheered and I was enveloped in Kai's arms. I was hit with nostalgia as the memory of Chanyeol lifting me up and twirling me around countless times came to mind. When Kai set me down he pecked my cheek and grinned at me. I had never seen this expression on his face and I couldn't help but get drawn in to his charming smile.

 

Just then all of EXO showed up and noticed the intimate space between me and Kai. I noticed Chanyeol completely ignore me and talk to a nearby coordinoona in a flirting manner. I scowled and turned my attention to the grinning Sehun who was going on and on about my groups performance. Jueun and Baekhyun were talking to each other happily as though they were a couple. I let Kai wrap his arm around my shoulders but stiffened at his touch. I get used to it eventually. Right?

 

***

 

Promoting took a lot of time from our lives and the girls and I barely had time just to sleep. It had only been a week since debut and we were scheduled for three interviews in one day. Right now we were in a dressing room for our first interview ever, and we supposedly had a guest whom we would share the interview with. I was nervous as I sat getting my hair done by one of the stylists. Jueun was sitting beside me, her hair done and makeup being touched up as she flipped through the recent edition of Ceci magazine. She turned to me as I turned off my phone, disappointment plain on my face.

 

"Nothing from him?" She questioned. I knew who she was talking about but pretended not to know.

 

"Kai? Nope." I averted her gaze but felt her stare. She sighed and touched my shoulder.

 

"I know you know who I'm talking about. Why won't you call him and explain to him why you broke up?" I had told her and the other members everything that had happened between Chanyeol and I and how I knew the EXO members. They all seemed to want me to tell Chanyeol the truth, but I couldn't. He seemed so much happier now. He wasn't even allowed to date! None of us were. It was a part of our contracts. I just wanted to let go.

 

"Can we not talk about this right now?" I pleaded and kept my eyes downcast.

 

"Chaerae-ah... From what I understand, you two were forced apart. So why are you holding off from talking to him?” I bit the inside of my cheek and refrained from barking at Hyorin. I know they meant well, but I had the feeling that Chanyeol just didn’t care anymore. There was an awkward air around us now. I had seen him in the SM building countless times and tried to talk to him. But he just kept walking as though I didn’t even exist. I shook my head at them and turned my attention to my reflection. I had desperately wanted to let Chanyeol back in. There was no way Sunny could have any influence on us now.

 

I had thought over this for the past week as I spent more and more time with Kai. I liked Kai. I could never say I didn’t. Back when I had just broken up with Chanyeol I stayed in contact with him. He was the only one of the EXO boys whom I continued to talk to. He comforted me in any way he could. He would even sneak out of the dorms to bring me ice cream to cheer me up. I couldn’t deny that I liked him. In all honesty, I had started to feel something ever since he called me at midnight on my birthday. I don’t know how it happened, but I started to become attracted to him. Because of those feelings I stayed away from Chanyeol and ignored his calls and messages. Kai was a sweet guy. I couldn’t break another persons heart. Even if we were just going on a date or two.

 

“Pearl, please make your way backstage. We are on in a 10 minutes.” A staff knocked on our door. Just then our manager, Minjoo entered the room and called us to gather around her.

 

“Alright girls. You know the drill. You answer the pre determined answers to all of the questions. We don’t need any surprises. Oh, and our guests our EXO. You will have some interaction with them as well. Please be kind to them. They are your sunbaes after all. Fighting!” My heart stopped. Why EXO? Why not Super Junior sunbaes? Or SNSD sunbaes!? AISH! We all nodded and left the dressing room together. I stayed hidden behind Jueun as we made our way to the set where we would be filming.

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 

I wasn’t really ignoring her. I was trying to let her go. It was hard for me to see her every day in the hallways and it hurt me to see her near Kai. It seemed that wherever she was, he was right beside her. They seemed so comfortable with each other that no one really noticed that they were together. Even I couldn’t tell. If it hadn’t been for me being there when he asked her on a date, I would never be able to tell. I sighed as I pulled on my jacket and tied my bandana around my neck. The other members were finalizing their wardrobe and looking over themselves in the mirrors. I noticed Kai check his phone a couple of times. He smiled at the screen and then shoved it into his pocket. I looked away in fake disgust when he noticed my stare. I would not let him think I still like her.

 

“EXO, Pearl is ready. Please make your way backstage now.” The intercom person spoke and all twelve of us got up. We filed out of our large dressing room and made our way to the set. We entered the opposite side from Pearl and lined up in the shadows. I instantly found her standing by Jueun, her eyes focused on her shoes. I felt my lips twitch and noticed a smile form on my lips. I pulled my bandana up to conceal my smile and chose to look elsewhere. My eyes focused on another of Pearl’s members. Her long hair resembled Chaerae’s so closely it was as though they could be twins. The difference between them was the eyes and skin tone. This girls skin was much more pale, and her eyes were smaller than Chaerae’s. Still she was very pretty. I found myself becoming charmed by her. She was taller than Chaerae, that was obvious. And she held herself as though she was a princess. What’s her name? Her eyes met mine and my heart stopped. She sent me a menacing glare and I looked away instantly.

 

Just then our interviewers called Pearl onto the set. I watched as the six of them walked to the six of the twelve empty seats and gave a bow before sitting. I watched as they introduced themselves.

 

The first girl was Kim Hyorin, the oldest and the leader of their group. “Hello, I am Pearl’s leader Hyorin. I am the lead vocal. I am your red Pearl.”

 

Next was Allany, the maknae, she smiled widely and innocently as she bowed again to everyone. “I am Allany! I am the maknae and I am your pink Pearl! Bbuing bbuing!”Everyone laughed at her aegyo.

 

 Next was Jueun, whom was shyly smiling at the camera. “I am the main vocal and purple Pearl. I am Jueun. Please call me Julie.”

 

And next was the girl that glared at me. She seemed to look at me as she introduced herself.“My name is Kang Eunbyul. I am the blue Pearl. I am Pearl’s lead dancer. It is a pleasure to meet you.” She was formal and a bit standoffish. I frowned as I regarded her. She seemed to be an ice princess.

 

 Next came Chaerae. She smiled sweetly and my heart jumped. “I am Pearl’s lead rapper and main dancer, Chaerae. I am the black Pearl. Please take care of us!” She looked over at us and the world seemed to slow. Her eyes passed over me and met the eyes of the person just two feet away from me. Kai. She smiled and gave a wink before turning back to the interviewers. My heart shattered. This was it, wasn’t it?

 

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone! I updated again! ^^

Yay~ I hope you enjoyed this chapter. To be honest I wasn't sure how to write this one. I am so sorry I switched POV's alot. I wanted their to be clarity i everyones emotions. And I decided to add in abit more drama.... Kekeke~ I am evil. Anyway, please comment and all that good stuffs! Almost at 100 subbies! OMG! SARAGHAE!!!!

 

Untill next time~