Chapter 20

I'll Be Yours

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 
I avoided Sunny by focusing solely on Chaerae. After Sunny had made her dramatic entry, I rushed to her and took her from Kai. I looked over her from head to toe. "Gwenchana? Are you hurt?" 
 
She gave me a small smile and nodded. "Nae! Nan gwenchana! Geojeong ma!" She pushed my hands away, but I grasped hers before she slipped away. I turned my attention to Kyungsoo. He was eyeing me curiously. 
 
"Chanyeol-ssi, can you take Chaerae-ssi to the infirmary just to be sure she is well?" I nodded to him and gestured for Chaerae to come with me. She obliged, and allowed my hand to fully grasp onto hers. I led her out into the hallway, ignoring the stares and whispers from everyone in the room. 
 
We stayed silent as we slowly walked hand-in-hand through the buildings, passing students that had an off period, were late, or just skipping. "Ch-Chanyeol..." She spoke quietly, keeping her head down. "I'm fine. We should just go back to class. Arasso?" My eyes widened. 
 
"Yah. If I don't take you Kyungsoo Songsaengnim will kill me. We're going." I gave her a smile and she nodded. "After school do you want to go see a movie? I have a lot of free time. I think our debut is postponed. I can't tell you everything... They won't let me..." I gave her an apologetic smile. She frowned.
 
"Umm... Can we go tomorrow? I have something to do today. Mianhe~!" She pouted and her eyes pleaded with me to forgive her. I smiled and nodded, slightly disappointed. I really wanted to spend time with her tonight. I led her into the infirmary and she was looked over by one of the doctors. The doctors we had at our school were some of the best trained in the area. SM didn't fool around when it came to the health of their promising trainees. The one that looked over the girls was Kang Eunjoo. She was a tall woman with short cropped hair. She was actually married to the male doctor Kang Shinho. He is as tall as I am but with far shorter hair. I talked with him while I waited for Chaerae. 
 
Afterward we made our way back to class. The bell was about to ring so we separated to go change. I frowned at her hesitant steps. Was she scared of something? What's bothering her? I shook my head as I rushed to get changed. 
 
CHAERAE P.O.V.
 
I spent the entire day of school with Chanyeol's hand never leaving mine. As much as I protested, he wouldn't let go. I didn't hate it, i was just a bit embarrassed. I wasn't used to having a boyfriend again. Its been so long since i was treated as kindly as this. Even some of the teachers frowned at us. During our lunch he and Baekhyun tagged along with me and Jueun at our small table by a window. The whole day was perfect. The only thing that bothered me was the occasional worried glance Chanyeol gave me. I didn't want to be a burden to him. 
 
After classes, he walked me to my dorm, swinging our interlocked hands back and forth, a smile on his face. I giggled at his cuteness. He was probably even way cuter than my cat! We stood in front of me, his hand still grasping mine. 
 
"So..." I bit my lip and kept my eyes downcast. I'd never been able to spend so much time with any of my past boyfriends. It felt amazing to be able to see him constantly, hold his hand when I wanted(despite the stares), and get sweet pecks at random moments. 
 
"I'll come by again in the morning. Rest well, arasso? If anything hurts call me." He smiled at me and leaned down to leave a kiss on the top of my head. I blushed and nodded. He was about to turn and leave but I held onto his hand. His eyes widened and his eyebrows rose. "Wae?" 
 
"S-sa-Saranghe!" I reached up on my toes and pecked his lips before running up the stairs of the dorm. I felt my cheeks burn and kept my face down. Aigoo!! I threw myself into my room and onto my bed. "Nan... Nan pabo!" I grinned with joy and then sighed. I had to go out to meet an old friend. Someone I really didn't want to see. 
 
***
I cautiously walked around the shopping area, my hood to my pink sweater dress pulled down low. I scanned the area for the shop I'd been told to go to. Once I spotted the shop, I rushed into it, eager to escape the swarm of bodies outside. As I stepped inside, I pulled back my hood and exhaled. The person wasn't here yet. I frowned. I decided to walk around the shop. The entire place was dedicated to phone charms and cases, basically all phone accessories. I grinned, as I made my way to the couple charms. I'd always wanted to have a matching phone charm with Kevin. Unfortunately, these shops were nonexistent in America and our iPhones didn't have a charm slot. 
 
I pulled out my black iPhone and grinned at the case I'd bought only a month or so before I moved. It was just a simple black bumper, but had a slot for a charm on the lower left side. I'd bought it just for charms, despite the high cost. I scanned the wall dedicated for couples. I came across a set of bear charms. They reminded me a lot of Chanyeol. He was huge and huggable just like a teddy bear! I giggled to myself as I looked for one with an acoustic guitar. Even though I'd never seen or heard him play guitar, I'd recognized the callouses on his fingers almost instantly. I had the same ones on my own fingers. The only difference was the scarring on his from extensive practicing. 
 
I grabbed it and smiled at the likeness of it and Chanyeol. Almost right next to it was a female bear with a flute. How fitting! I giggled again and held them up to eye level side by side. "I'll get these!" I grinned and hurried to the counter. The lady was oddly familiar. 
 
"Is this all miss?" She smiled warmly at me from behind the counter. I nodded and blushed slightly. I'd never done this before and I felt like I was as innocent as I was back in middle school. "For that tall boyfriend of yours? He's very handsome!" She chuckled and my eyes widened. I knew where I'd seen her before! She was the same old lady who owned the cafe that I frequented quite a bit since I moved here. The cafe that Chanyeol had taken me to not that long ago. Stunned I stuttered a response. 
 
"N-nae. Gamsahamnida! I didn't know you had a second business, ajummah!" She gave me a sad smile as she took the money I owed her and fished out the change from the cash register. 
 
"It's a bit complicated. I try my best with what I have. I don't really come from money so I work hard for my daughter to attend the arts academy nearby. When she becomes famous she'll buy me a house and I can just work at my cafe whenever I wish!" She laughed heartily as she handed the bag where she had placed the charms in. I smiled at her as she handed me my change and I held her hand. 
 
"Hwaiting! I'm sure she will become famous! I'll be cheering her on nae? I'm attending arts school as well! Just tell her to keep smiling and do what she loves!" I grinned at her and she smiled back. 
 
"Nae! You too! I'll be cheering you on as well! Maybe you two will meet one day and become friends. She is a great girl! Just like you!" I smiled at her, gave a quick bow and said goodbye. Just as I turned to leave, my eyes fell on the two figures that just entered the shop. 
 
"Daisy. Krissy." I gasped. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm back! I'm so sorry for this update being a day late. I had so much APUSH work to do and I almost died from the workload. Not to mention my French homework. I should stop getting into advanced courses. ;-;
 
anyway, thanks for holding on and supporting me! To every 49 of you lovelies, thank you! I love you so much it is like ridiculous! One away from 50! ^^ 
 
To the frequent commenters, I think I have a very special place for you in my heart! I appreciate every letter! ^^