Chapter 26

I'll Be Yours

CHANYEOL P.O.V.

 
I woke up well before she did. I'm guessing it was because I'd fallen asleep first. I was a bit surprised to find her clinging onto me in her sleep. Her hair was in a messy ponytail and she had somehow managed to curl herself up so much she was almost indiscernible in my arms and under the blanket. I smiled to myself as I unconsciously began her hair, basking in the happiness I was feeling. 
 
She stirred slightly and began to stretch, a small yawn escaping from her lips. Her eyes stayed closed but I knew she was awake. I looked to the clock on the television and my mouth fell open. 2 am?! How was it this late already!? I slightly nudged Chaerae so as to get her full attention. She groaned and curled closer to me, her eyes squeezing tightly shut. 
 
"Chaerae... We have to get up. We can't sleep here all night." I tried to peel her arms from around me, but she wouldn't budge. Defeated, I picked her up as best I could with her arms around my neck, and carried her to my room. She seemed to know when I was going to set her down, since her arms tightened and she buried her face in my chest. 
 
"Don't go..." I was a bit surprised with her reaction, to be completely honest. The first time she had been here, she was in Bacons' bed with me and she almost killed me when we woke up beside one another. A few things had happened in between the time but I had figured she would be afraid to be in the same bed with me. "I'm sorry." She let go of me suddenly and turned so that I couldn't see her. "It's uncomfortable for you isn't it?" I thought I heard a small sniff and I frowned. 
 
"I can stay. It's not uncomfortable at all! And I promise I won't do anything you don't want me to! I can stay out of the blanket! As long as you want, I will stay." I quickly moved to lay on the other side of the bed and plopped myself down, meeting her sleepy gaze. A faint smile appeared and I grinned at her. I pulled the blanket over her body all the way up to her chin. She wiggled out and pulled me closer, simultaneously curling into a ball again. 
 
"I don't want to have another nightmare... I just want to sleep without anything going on in my mind." Her hands formed into fists against my chest and I could tell she was holding back sobs. I pulled her closer and patted her back. Eventually her breaths became even and I was about ready to leave to Baekhyun's room but she wouldn't let go of me. I sighed, defeated and curled up beside her, my chin resting on the crown of her head. 
 
***
CHAERAE P.O.V.
 
Kevin ended up leaving not long after the day in the park. Krissy and Daisy left almost immediately after him, but not without seeing me first. I'd allowed everything that I held onto with him fade while I had been asleep in Chanyeol's arms. Every single time I was with him, I could smile. That was all I was asking for. I wanted to smile like I used to. 
 
In the next two weeks Chanyeol and I grew very close, and I couldn't imagine a day without his smiling face and bubbly personality. No matter what I said or did, he would keep smiling and eventually get me out of my stupor. He was the perfect stress reliever when it came to anything. Primarily the stress Kai put on me for our showcase performance. Even though he'd already been scouted into SM Entertainment, he wanted the performance to be perfection. Every single day the rehearsals got more and more stressful. He'd yell at me about the power, or rather lack of, in my movements to the fluidity in my steps. Even being in the same room with each other invoked large amounts of stress. It was like finals week at my old school. I'd study until I passed out and then take the test. Then I'd stress about the next test and so on. I was exhausted every day. 
 
Chanyeol kept me smiling. He'd wait for me outside the room, after his showcase performance rehearsal was done, with my favorite street food and take me out for walks or even rub my legs if Kai had run me too far into the ground to even stand. There was even an instance when I'd passed out in the practice room and Kai left me there. Chanyeol searched for me everywhere and didn't even think to look in the practice room. People had told him that they'd seen me leave with Kai, just to spark jealousy in him. But Chanyeol was never like that. Not when he was with me. He just waved it off and tried to make me smile despite all of the glares by the other girls.  From what I had heard from Jueun, he had punched Kai after the incident, and the next day Kai had a swelled right cheek colored purple and yellow. He avoided me that entire day until rehearsal. 
 
The days seemed to fly by with all the practicing. I honestly couldn't remember a single thing from the morning to the afternoon. The only things I seemed to retain were the lyrics being drilled into me by Baekhyun and Suho, the choreography Kai was killing me with, and the rare moments when Chanyeol and I could be together. It was almost as though I was already a trainee at an entertainment agency. Chanyeol described being a trainee as something he'd always love, but it was very exhausting. He recalled times when he wouldn't even get to see his family for more than a month because of his tight trainee schedule. 
 
I have been practicing the same rap for the past thirty minutes and my throat already burns. I frown as I stand from my chair and make my way to the conveniently placed mini-fridge filled with water. I grabbed a bottle of water as the sound of the door opening reached my ears. I sighed and refused to turn. 
 
"Kai, I've completely memorized every step. I can't do another practice session with you. My feet cannot take anymore!" I took a swig from the water bottle and then finally turned around. Instead of seeing the cocky sneer of Kim JongIn, my eyes met with those of my tall virus. A grin spread across my face as I ran to him. I jumped into his arms and pecked his lips. He smiled at me and returned my kiss. 
 
"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be meeting the other members of your group?" I looked up at him lovingly as he did the same. He gave me his wide grin and nodded enthusiastically. 
 
"I wanted to come see you first. I'm really nervous. I don't know much about who they are so it's really nerve-racking. What are you doing here so early? I had to ask Jueun where you were. I went by the cafe but you weren't there. Baekhyun told me to check here. Today's your day off. Come with me to the company?"
 
"Wouldn't that be a bad idea? I mean... Are you allowed to be in a relationship?" I saw him flinch slightly and thought I saw pain fill his eyes. He shook his head and smiled again. The amount and speed of changes in his emotions really was incredible. He could be frowning in frustration over a math problem one monent and grinning the next when someone he knew walked in and he perked up. 
 
"Aniya! Come with me? Jaebal!" He his aegyo and I eventually gave in. He jumped for joy and kissed my face multiple times until I gently shoved him away, unable to stifle my laughter. I grabbed my bag and just then my phone rang. 
 
"Who is it?" I heard Chanyeol from the doorway and gave him a small smile. It was my mother. 
 
"My oemma. Jakkamanyeo?" He nodded and waited outside of the room. I answered the call in English. "Hello?"
 
"Michelle! I've been trying to call you all week long! Where have you been?" My mother seemed very upset. This was the usual if I didn't answer her calls. I sighed inwardly and then responded. 
 
"I'm sorry mom! I've just been so busy preparing for the showcase. It's in three weeks already. I'm so sorry I haven't been able to talk much." She interrupted me before I could continue. 
 
"Showcase? What showcase? Three weeks? Wait. What's a showcase?"
 
I giggled and then regained composure before replying. "It's like a super intense talent show but we are performing for the many entertainment agencies that come. I I'm lucky, i might get scouted by one of them. I'm featured in a duet with my dance partner and I'm rapping for the opening routine. I have to go mom! I have somewhere to go with Chanyeol. Maybe you can meet him at the showcase. Can you go?"
 
There was a bit of silence before she spoke. "I hope so. I'll try my best. Talk to you soon then, sweetie. Take care. I love you."
 
"I love you too, mom. I'll send the invitation. Bye!" I hung up and smiled slightly. My mom might not approve of him, but she never really did approve of many of my choices. I slung my bag over my shoulders and and started on my way to the door, happiness and excitement running through me. I looked out the window to see Chanyeol kissing a girl with short brown curls. My heart stopped and everything went black. 
 
~~~~~~~~
I'm super late with this update! I'm so sorry! I meant to post this like technically yesterday but I fell asleep for six hours after I came home from school. I woke up at 11:30 PM and then had to do homework. I barely finished, and not even completely, like ten minutes ago. School has become hectic again so I might have spread out updates! Mianhe! Please hold on!
 
the usual comment, upvote, an subbie is much loved and appreciated! Mwah~! ;3;