Chapter 27

I'll Be Yours

 

CHANYEOL P.O.V.
 
I stayed beside the door of the practice room as I waited for Chaerae. She was really the most interesting person I'd ever had the opportunity to know. She had a way of bringing the best out of me. I hadn't been this happy in years. I grinned to myself as the memories of all the time we'd recently spent together flowed back to me. The day that we'd snuck off to get ice cream, the day I took her to the movies. She'd even cooked me a full day of meals. It was the best moment when she had shyly come up to me during our lunch break and handed me a delicious lunch. 
 
"Chanyeol!" That voice... My body stiffened as the sight of Jiyeon took all of my attention. She looked the exact same since before she left. I frowned as she bounded towards me, that seemingly innocent smile plastered on her angelic features. Before I knew it she jumped into me, causing me to lose my balance and stumble backwards. She leaned up at the perfect moment to capture my lips in hers. I felt nothing. She tried to push my lips apart with no luck. I don't know why, but I stayed frozen in place. After the full realization of what was happening registered in my mind I shoved her off and away. Before she could speak I made my opinion clear. 
 
"Don't ever touch me again. Ever." With that I turned my attention to the practice room where Chaerae was still in. I knocked on it before opening the door. Chaerae was sitting on the floor, her hair covering her face. She didn't see what just happened did she?
 
"Oppa?" Her voice was small and very unlike the happy Chaerae that I'd somehow uncovered. I gulped and hummed before sitting beside her. "That girl... Was she... By any chance..." She saw it. Please don't misunderstand!She struggled to speak, her fingers twisting her hair, a habit of hers when she's nervous. "Jiyeon?" Her watering eyes met mine an I mentally punched myself. 
 
I nodded, not wanting to lie to her. Why would I lie to her? "It was." She nodded. 
 
"I see..." She stayed silent for a few minutes and I was starting to feel uneasy. I shifted back and forth on my feet, unsure whether to speak or not, unsure whether to hold her or not. I'd never really dealt with this. I'd never had to deal with my ex girlfriend coming back and attacking me in front of my new girlfriend. 
 
"We should get go-" she spoke but was interrupted by my phone ringing. My ringtone was the sound of her laughter and I saw a small smile twitch on her lips. I smiled and answered the call. It was my manager. 
 
"Chanyeol! We have to go right now! You're the only one we are waiting on! Where are you!?" I looked at Chaerae, and gave her a smile as I offered her my hand. She slowly slid her hand in mine and I effortlessly raised her up. 
 
"We'll be over in a minute. It's okay if I being a friend right?" I watched Chaerae as she picked up her bag and slid it over her shoulders. 
 
"As long as they wait outside of the room I guess. Who is he?" I held back laughter and just played along with my manager. 
 
"Just a really great friend. Be there in a few." I smiled at Chaerae as she eyed me curiously. I'd make up to he what just happened. "Ready? Kaja!" I grabbed her hand, twinning my fingers with hers, and pulled her to the front gate of the school. 
 
***
 
"Your friend is a girl?!" My managers eyes bulged almost as large D.O's eyes. I held back a laugh as Chaerae his behind me, her head between the space just below my shoulder blades. 
 
"Yah... Hyung! She's my girlfriend! She's great! Her name is Chaerae! C'mon Hyung!!!!" I pulled out my best aegyo, and pleaded with Sunghwan hyung. After a cautious glance towards Chaerae he finally gave in. I cheered and gently pulled Chaerae into the van where the other EXO guys greeted her with grins. Even Kai gave her a smile. 
 
"Noona~!" Sehun cheered aloud. We all gawked at him. He was two years older than her and yet he called her noona!
 
"Sehun oppa... You know that you're older than me. Why do you insist on calling me noona?" She tilted her head to one side as she sat down next to him. I was a bit jealous, but that was the only seat open and Baekhyun forced me to sit beside him. It was true that Sehun had gained a lot of affection from Chaerae. But she was just so nice that she couldn't refuse him. Not to mention that they often went out to buy bubble tea together. 
 
"Because I want to. Besides your Hyungs girlfriend. I can't have you calling me oppa! He might get jealous!" I growled at him as he grabbed hold of her arm. She laughed and I could tell that all that had just happened wouldn't affect her for the rest of the day. I relaxed as the van took us to our destination. 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this is like a whole week late but please forgive me! I've been sick all week and got really behind on school work. So please please understand. 
 
On top of that I just wasn't sure where I was going with Jiyeon coming back into the picture. So this chapter took me a while. I rewrote this chapter at least three times. 
 
I'm thinkin of writing a quick one shot based off of what happeded to me the other day... But I don't know what idol I want to use so I'm just like meh. 
 
Please don't unsubscribe! I love you all~!